Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
our comrades are dying in the street and you think it's time to score some sick burns on the internet really?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Only registered members can see post attachments!

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
you can be mad all you want, i dont care about your feelings

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
this is how i feel every time some dumbass asks me to put off prison reform. shout out to my dead and dying friends

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

The line has gone up 3 notches today thanks to the president.

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

you can be mad all you want, i dont care about your feelings

This kind of bullshit is like the opposite of solidarity, get it tae gently caress.

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
solidarity is more than words, stop with your empty ones

The Dipshit
Dec 21, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

solidarity is more than words, stop with your empty ones

Yeah, people ITT are talking about picking up the guns and going to the range. It's okay, bask in being demonstrated as right, not bash comrades for not getting there sooner.

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Agnosticnixie posted:

https://www.gofundme.com/medical-fund-for-comrades-in-cville

Medical fund for the victims and survivors of the cville attack.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Venom Snake posted:

Replace every confederate monument with a monument to john brown

donoteat
Sep 13, 2011

Loot at all this bullshit.
Who lets something like this happen?
hate that today is what finally put me over the edge, but i am now a DSA

logikv9 posted:

:siren: Hello DSA thread. :siren: Your lovely OP has organized a gangtag for those of you who have donated a minimum of $5 to the DSA, if you choose to have it.

If you would like it, please quote this post along side proof of a donation of sufficient quantity. Proof can be simply quoting an older post you made previously that itself contained donation proof, or if you are a new donor that wants it, quote this post alongside proof of that donation.

I can nearly guarantee that your title will be safe and sound underneath your avatars within five (5) business days, or whenever I check this thread, really. :hai:

Huragok
Sep 14, 2011

donoteat posted:

hate that today is what finally put me over the edge, but i am now a DSA

no wrong time to join comrade

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Serf posted:

is there a dsa gun caucus

well, our local's having a range outing tomorrow afternoon

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp
https://twitter.com/GrimKim/status/896474946502881282

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

holy poo poo :wtc:

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
https://twitter.com/brianefallon/status/896442539892408320

Boston goons you aware of this? I'm talking with NH DSA to join whatever counter demonstrations you got going on.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

OhFunny posted:

https://twitter.com/brianefallon/status/896442539892408320

Boston goons you aware of this? I'm talking with NH DSA to join whatever counter demonstrations you got going on.

"Augustus Invictus"? Really? What kind of name is that?

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

Nitrousoxide posted:

They all love to cosplay as some ancient slavery-loving emperor or other.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Nitrousoxide posted:

It's his online handle that in Latin means Majestic Unconquered Sun. His real name is Austin Gillespie.

He is, as you may imagine, a loving loser.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Augustus_Sol_Invictus

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

OhFunny posted:

It's his online handle that in Latin means Majestic Unconquered Sun. His real name is Austin Gillespie.

He is, as you may imagine, a loving loser.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Augustus_Sol_Invictus

quote:

In a press release dated October 5, 2015 Invictus was denounced by the Libertarian Party of Florida, for a paper advocating eugenics and stated aims to start a civil war.[7] Invictus wrote a disclaimer to the eugenics paper stating that while he believes the strong and intelligent should breed and the weak and stupid should not, he does not believe that the government can be trusted to implement such a program.[8][9] On April 7, 2017, the Libertarian Party of Florida, under threat of a defamation lawsuit from Invictus, issued a full retraction of the 2015 press release, stating "that it exceeded the mandate of the executive committee."[10] On July 13, 2017, Invictus changed his party affiliation to Republican.[11]

Hmmmmmmmmmmm...

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grab your guns comrades

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Washington Post has identified the murderer.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...omepage%2Fstory

quote:

The Dodge Challenger is registered to 20-year-old James Alex Fields of Ohio, according to vehicle registration records reviewed by The Washington Post. Albemarle-Charlottesville Regional Jail Superintendent Martin Kumer told The Post that a man with the same name and age was booked Saturday on suspicion of second-degree murder, malicious wounding, failure to stop for an accident involving a death, and hit and run. Kumer said Fields is currently being held without bail.

Records show Fields last lived in Maumee, Ohio, about 15 miles southwest of Toledo.

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

Venom Snake posted:

i hear there are some leftover lenin statues here and there if we want to save some money and time

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
John Brown is an American hero and it's a shame he doesn't have a bunch of statues but random civil war generals have them because racists think the Antebellum was awesome

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Larry Parrish posted:

John Brown is an American hero and it's a shame he doesn't have a bunch of statues but random civil war generals have them because racists think the Antebellum was awesome

otoh he has the world's greatest legislative mural

Avren
Jul 25, 2004
This is my custom title.

OhFunny posted:

Washington Post has identified the murderer.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...omepage%2Fstory

It's nice to see that all of these charges are already dramatically soft for actively attempting to murder multiple people.

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

Avren posted:

It's nice to see that all of these charges are already dramatically soft for actively attempting to murder multiple people.

I'm still expecting the softest possible conviction if he's convicted at all.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Venom Snake posted:

Also General Burnside to prove how most of the CSE's victories are just hollow shams from how incompetent most of the Union's generals were before Grant et al.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

achillesforever6 posted:

Also General Burnside to prove how most of the CSE's victories are just hollow shams from how incompetent most of the Union's generals were before Grant et al.

fredericksburg would have worked if he got the pontoons in time

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

thing

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ChickenOfTomorrow has issued a correction as of 22:17 on Sep 28, 2021

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

achillesforever6 posted:

I'm pretty sure there's still conspiracy theories that Burnside was too incompetent to not actively be trying to sabotage the Union effort.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Agnosticnixie posted:

I'm pretty sure there's still conspiracy theories that Burnside was too incompetent to not actively be trying to sabotage the Union effort.

lol that's one hell of a case to argue since burnside himself begged to not be put in charge citing his own incompetence, he just thought hooker would be even worse

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lol that's one hell of a case to argue since burnside himself begged to not be put in charge citing his own incompetence, he just thought hooker would be even worse
At least he has Sideburns named after him

More than you can say about Mcclellan who was a piece of poo poo

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

achillesforever6 posted:

georgia in general, and atlanta in particular, would be fitting venues for statues of sherman

Serf
May 5, 2011

Annual Prophet posted:

georgia in general, and atlanta in particular, would be fitting venues for statues of sherman

as a georgian, i support this

sherman's only fault was that he didn't go far enough

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

Serf posted:

same, from the south suburbs of atlanta.

fun fact tho, Sherman didn't start the fires. they were kicked off by retreating confederate general (and pussy) John B Hood, trying to deny materiel to the union as they fled. they set them willy nilly and ran. Sherman had his troops pull down buildings to act as a fire brake to try to limit the then-suburban residential poo poo... and then made sure everything inside of that got torched where Hood had missed it.

telling this to southern born peers reeaaaaallly upsets them.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Iridium posted:

same, from the south suburbs of atlanta.

fun fact tho, Sherman didn't start the fires. they were kicked off by retreating confederate general (and pussy) John B Hood, trying to deny materiel to the union as they fled. they set them willy nilly and ran. Sherman had his troops pull down buildings to act as a fire brake to try to limit the then-suburban residential poo poo... and then made sure everything inside of that got torched where Hood had missed it.

telling this to southern born peers reeaaaaallly upsets them.

i'm from way down in the middle part of the state. what up

yeah, that's a little nugget of history they don't teach you in school mostly

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Serf posted:

Mainly because he was also a massive racist and had respect for the South.

Grant knew how to handle the KKK, shame how awful he was in choosing his friends.

Serf
May 5, 2011

achillesforever6 posted:

Mainly because he was also a massive racist and had respect for the South.

Grant knew how to handle the KKK, shame how awful he was in choosing his friends.

another thing the history books try to do is paint the north as being anti-racist crusaders and poo poo when really most of em were just lovely dudes trying to win a lovely war. the fact that jim crow happened right afterwards should've taught people that wasn't true but nope. lmao history class was such a fuckin whiplash. racism was beaten in the civil war, and then suddenly it popped back up in the 60s and nobody knew why! we glossed over jim crow and poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Larry Parrish posted:

He's got a good song created for him and it really should be the american national anthem