Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
jamal bumray

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
a lillard mad max ad. very strange

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
ant

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

AE on the ground and not getting up :smith:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Nonsense posted:

hes literally dead

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Nonsense posted:

thankfully got up and full court pressed jamal

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

This game feels like a mulligan to me but wow Murray is playing like complete dog doo doo

I'll skip this one and watch the 7th game

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Azathoth posted:

He's never gonna win if he's the best player on the team. He's a good player but he's never gonna be The Guy, that's just one of the many reasons why.

It's very hard to be that guy if you're not a top 5 player. Even players in the 6-10 range almost never carry their teams that far

The weird exception was the 03-04 Pistons where Chauncey Billups was their best player

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

This is what non fraudulence looks like btw

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

they're talking on the radio about how the wolves don't know when they're leaving for Denver yet because the Knicks game will decide their start time. that seems really really stupid. they should leave after the game tonight

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Crazy series, in every game one team has looked completely lost and like they never should have made it this far to begin with and have no hope, and the other team looked like a horrifying unstoppable juggernaut, and they switch off which is which every couple nights and it's going to 7

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

the bitcoin of weed posted:

i just hope everyone has a good time

i am not having a good time

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I am inevitable" -thanos

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I bet everyone in the arena had a blast. Having fun ftw

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

In Training posted:

I bet everyone in the arena had a blast. Having fun ftw

Jokich didn’t look like he was having much fun

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

indubitably

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

i wonder which team will go super saiyan in game 7 and which team will be poopoo in the toilet

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

wolves mothafucking BACK

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

biceps crimes posted:

i wonder which team will go super saiyan in game 7 and which team will be poopoo in the toilet

Hopefully they both show up

No bigger letdown than a game 7 blowout (unless it's a big enough blowout to be funny, see e.g. Suns Mavs)

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
nine loving points in the 4th what the gently caress

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Vox Nihili posted:

Hopefully they both show up

No bigger letdown than a game 7 blowout (unless it's a big enough blowout to be funny, see e.g. Suns Mavs)

today woulda been a fun game 7

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Dreylad posted:

nine loving points in the 4th what the gently caress

nugets pulled their starters

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

deandre jordan and reggie jackson didn't wanna hit their buckets

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

MPJ has also kinda been rear end this series

Jokic gonna have to go into takeover mode again for Game 7 I think

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

he’s the best god drat

https://x.com/worldwidewob/status/1791310348185936239

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Yossarian-22 posted:

It's very hard to be that guy if you're not a top 5 player. Even players in the 6-10 range almost never carry their teams that far

The weird exception was the 03-04 Pistons where Chauncey Billups was their best player

And the '13 - '14 celtics

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

Yossarian-22 posted:

My controversial take is that Ben Wallace was a top 5 player

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

im hearing that this was the first game 6 in round 2 of the 2024 playoffs history where an mvp lost to a dpoy

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

fart simpson posted:

im hearing that this was the first game 6 in round 2 of the 2024 playoffs history where an mvp lost to a dpoy

that is the most espn rear end stat i have ever heard in my life lmao

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

fart simpson posted:

lol

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Poppers posted:

Rumor has it Fraudovan Mitchell is blaming his team… loser mentality. Never gonna win.

This was just clickbait from Bleacher Report aka the fake news media :sad:

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

fart simpson posted:

All these NBA playoff firsts I didn't hear about a few years back... Sounds like #bidenwins

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Yossarian-22 posted:

that is the most espn rear end stat i have ever heard in my life lmao

the winner for me was game 2 when cavs won over the celtics by 20 points or whatever, and espn was going with the talking point “this was the biggest loss in nba history, in a playoff game where the vegas odds were predicting the losing team to win by 15+ points”

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

some producer desperately feeding meaningless stats to them so they don't start talking off the cuff about basketball

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Ant was such a good rear end in a top hat in Hustle. he did a great job of making you hate him but also couldn't help being charming. I love him

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

jamal lemickey

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

AnimeIsTrash posted:

jamal lemickey

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

AnimeIsTrash posted:

jamal lemickey

Misc
Sep 19, 2008

brunson's 4-straight 40 point games is the only stat i've heard that wasn't horseshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Misc posted:

brunson's 4-straight 40 point games is the only stat i've heard that wasn't horseshit

how about this one:

jayson tatum is the first player to lead all players in a single playoff series in points, rebounds, assists, steals, blocks, and technical fouls