Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Shuttle and Hubble? Fantastic.

I don't really buy sets any more, just parts. But this I'll get. I regretted missing the last time they did the shuttle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Zedd posted:

Lego SKYLAB. :colbert:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQkLsCLfqew

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Oh thank goodness I’m not into the shuttle. I didn’t want to sell more stuff to buy it :ohdear:

segoli
Oct 23, 2010

But of course, from a thief's perspective, the best kind of ladder is the rope-ladder. A step-ladder is much too heavy to carry around, after all.
I really wish the shuttle wasn't as sticker heavy as it appears to be (that's by far my least favorite part of the Lunar Lander), but that certainly won't stop me from picking it up.

I remember the extremely dumb backlash to the rumors that Lego might be removing police sets last summer, so it's not surprising to me that they're not complaining about virtue signaling over the astronaut.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

segoli posted:

I remember the extremely dumb backlash to the rumors that Lego might be removing police sets last summer, so it's not surprising to me that they're not complaining about virtue signaling over the astronaut.

ACAABS

BuckT.Trend
Apr 22, 2003

My god, it's full of stars!
That shuttle is definitely a Day 1 buy for me, especially since they went with the NASA Worm logo.

For those who know this stuff better than me, will it go on sale on the website April 1 at 12:01am EDT, or how does that work? I'm just afraid that it will sell out too quickly for us on the Best Coast if we have to wait until midnight our time.

(I also plan to spend the VIP points to get the Ulysses probe. I can never have too much space stuff.)

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
It may have stickers, but look at all those silver pieces!

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

BuckT.Trend posted:

That shuttle is definitely a Day 1 buy for me, especially since they went with the NASA Worm logo.

For those who know this stuff better than me, will it go on sale on the website April 1 at 12:01am EDT, or how does that work? I'm just afraid that it will sell out too quickly for us on the Best Coast if we have to wait until midnight our time.

(I also plan to spend the VIP points to get the Ulysses probe. I can never have too much space stuff.)

In my past experience it goes up at midnight EDT, I've bought countless sets the night they've released and other than website slowness i haven't had any issues getting what i want.

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?
The shuttle is one of two remaining white whales for me, the other one being the 8880 Supercar.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Once they start doing really detailed ships, look out below because I’ll be there in a jiffy.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
FRIMMIN' ON THE FRIM FRAM. FRIMMIN' ON THE FRAM.

https://twitter.com/BrickFanatics/status/1374299636136042496?s=19

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.

Goddamnit LEGO i *just* finished designing my shelving for when my son and I swap his bedroom for my office this summer. Between this and Columbia/Hubble, YOU AREN'T HELPING.

This looks amazing and I haven't bought a retail SW set in almost a decade.

Earth
Nov 6, 2009
I WOULD RATHER INSERT A $20 LEGO SET'S WORTH OF PLASTIC BRICKS INTO MY URETHRA THAN STOP TALKING ABOUT BEING A SCALPER.
College Slice

Nth Doctor posted:

Earth posted:
:thunk:

My other main hobby is gardening...

I had to close my BL store this morning for a reason I thought I'd never have to, my printer isn't working. Sales have been tapering off anyway so it's not a huge loss. It is unexpected that the printer would have been the reason for me to have to stop selling. That printer is about a decade old or a few years past that so it's been a good run. Anyone have good printer suggestions?

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

A Windows update came out in the last couple of days that hosed up printing for loads of people and then there was a fix that wouldn't install for everybody, something like that. Look into that before buying another printer.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Earth posted:

I had to close my BL store this morning for a reason I thought I'd never have to, my printer isn't working. Sales have been tapering off anyway so it's not a huge loss. It is unexpected that the printer would have been the reason for me to have to stop selling. That printer is about a decade old or a few years past that so it's been a good run. Anyone have good printer suggestions?

Get a cheap laser printer, so much more useful than inkjet.

Star Guarded
Feb 10, 2008

This review of the shuttle popped up if anyone wanted to see some nice photos of the build

https://truenorthbricks.com/2021/03/23/space-shuttle-discovery-10283-review/

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.

Earth posted:

Brother makes excellent inkjet and laser machines at a really good price point. Their consumer-grade stuff is just as good as their enterprise stuff, unlike HP/Lexmark's consumer offerings.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Do we know when the shuttle comes out?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Cojawfee posted:

Do we know when the shuttle comes out?

April 1.

Its actually an elaborate April Fool’s joke where instead of the Space Shuttle and Hubble we’re getting a Galidor reboot

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

Star Guarded posted:

This review of the shuttle popped up if anyone wanted to see some nice photos of the build

https://truenorthbricks.com/2021/03/23/space-shuttle-discovery-10283-review/
TBB and BS also

LEGO Creator Expert 10283 NASA Space Shuttle Discovery launches with Hubble Telescope [Review]

Review: 10283 NASA Space Shuttle Discovery

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yesssssss. omg it's so good. This is going to look so good next to the UCS Snowspeeder. The scale is close enough.

looks a lot like a specific MOC one floating around that I really wanted to build some day.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Also time to play the Star Wars pricing game. 683 parts. How much is it 59.99? no no this is SW. I know, $79.99. Nope. Drumroll please...$100! because of course it is.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Earth posted:

https://www.costco.com/hp-laserjet-pro-m283cdw-wireless-color-printer.product.100652793.html

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

veni veni veni posted:

Also time to play the Star Wars pricing game. 683 parts. How much is it 59.99? no no this is SW. I know, $79.99. Nope. Drumroll please...$100! because of course it is.
I mean it really is an attractive model but lol. Here's my favorite followup to that game, which is "what else can you get right now for the same, or less, money?" Because that's what really slams the value proposition home for me.

https://brickset.com/sets/10271-1/Fiat-500 - $10 less
https://brickset.com/sets/10277-1/Crocodile-Locomotive
https://brickset.com/sets/80106-1/Story-of-Nian - $20 less
https://brickset.com/sets/10269-1/Harley-Davidson-Fat-Boy
https://brickset.com/sets/21326-1/Winnie-the-Pooh

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

One of my favorite Lego things is completely enclosed structures that hinge open to reveal detailed interiors. Hell yeah dude.

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

I quite like this

Carbohydrates posted:

I like the waterfall and the varied foliage a lot, and you did a good job adding texture to the walls with various modified bricks and SNOT tiles and such. The main thing that I really like, when I glance at this, is the overall composition. Everything is laid out really nicely. Definitely keep posting as you tweak it!

Thanks you guys!

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

veni veni veni posted:

But, the article that links to specifically states $59.99?

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

davebo posted:

Oh, $60 is chill then. You know, I just believed $100 without confirming it because it's not like that's radically outside the purview of LEGO Star Wars.

ROJO
Jan 14, 2006

Oven Wrangler
Are there any actual pictures of the Ulysses probe yet? I only see text mention of it....

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
Bricknerd interviewed me for an article! Ted reached out to me because of this airship in particular, which was like the first real build I've done in over a year:

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
hnnnnnnnnnnnggggg the shuttle, my wallet says no but my eyes say yes

edit: how is/was the saturn V $170 AUD (1969 pieces) but the shuttle will be $300 AUD (2354 pieces).

Spookydonut fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Mar 23, 2021

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

veni veni veni posted:

Yesssssss. omg it's so good. This is going to look so good next to the UCS Snowspeeder. The scale is close enough.

looks a lot like a specific MOC one floating around that I really wanted to build some day.

Oh good, I like to check my Star Wars excitement against Veni’s reaction. Glad to see we are in sync. 😀

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010
In addition to my recently rekindled Lego habit for Star Wars, my parents FINALLY got both shots and felt safe to visit, which included stuff for my kid, but also for the kid in me - my old Lego. I have some of the M-Tron stuff, some space police, some Robin Hood stuff, and various Knights sets. I think I have all the parts, but no instructions or boxes, so figuring out which set is which is going to involve a fair bit of Google.

Who needs a new blacksmith?

I wonder if the glow in the dark robin hood ghost still glows.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know

Spookydonut posted:

hnnnnnnnnnnnggggg the shuttle, my wallet says no but my eyes say yes

edit: how is/was the saturn V $170 AUD (1969 pieces) but the shuttle will be $300 AUD (2354 pieces).

Same. It looks fantastic and I'm only back in the LEGO game for the space stuff, but 179€ seems expensive, especially compared to the Saturn. For that money, I could grab the ISS and the Lunar Lander and still have a few bucks left.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

davebo posted:

Is it? The walmart link page to buy it briefly popped up for me before going to a 404 and they had it listed as $94.98 which is wal mart pricing for 99 msrp.

If it actually $60 that is a solid price. Might have just been a placeholder price. I have seen SW sets with nearly that bad of a price per part so it wasn't surprising.

tomapot posted:

Oh good, I like to check my Star Wars excitement against Veni’s reaction. Glad to see we are in sync. 😀

:hellyeah:

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Mar 23, 2021

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
I dunno, I'm only quoting that bricklinks article. If they're reporting bad info that's in them.

Carbohydrates posted:

Oh, $60 is chill then. You know, I just believed $100 without confirming it because it's not like that's radically outside the purview of LEGO Star Wars.

Sir I don't know what you're on about!
*rips open bag 6 of his $800 nostalgia bait*

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Finally got the bouquet, i masked up and went to the physical store (and grabbed a few other goodies)- I am intrigued by this “carrot house”

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

davebo posted:

Sir I don't know what you're on about!
*rips open bag 6 of his $800 nostalgia bait*
Not trying to pretend I'm above it lol, just that the Disney tax has gotten so much more brutal. It's an easy punching bag, but... Grievous's starfighter.

Streaming tonight in about an hour (7 CST)! Another live MOC build, too, so we'll have some fun.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Seen a bunch of ads for Australian Lego Masters S3 so it can't be too far away.

Has there been any word on People Packs for this year?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Carbohydrates, if you don’t want to send yourself to work in Billund, send your work to Billund instead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

The_Doctor posted:

Carbohydrates, if you don’t want to send yourself to work in Billund, send your work to Billund instead!

Where does Mega Blox do their design work? :v: