Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

champagne posting posted:

How early into December does your Corporate Enterprises grind to a halt? I was contracting for LEGO and was very surprised when one week into December during a meeting the Lead Engineer began tabling all discussions of solutions and architecture for January. We did a bit of bug fixing but since nothing new was developed it quickly turned into "how to get time to pass" kind of work.

My company basically closed the second the world Cup started but generally first week of December till mid-January we are dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

knox_harrington posted:

clinical trials analytics, which is a made up subject

Oh no what fresh hell now

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Paracaidas posted:

From the outside, going solely off your own posting, it's absolutely option B. I don't believe that you're a rare social genius capable of garnering universal acclaim and masking your deep disdain for your inferiors, in no small part because you're coming off as an rear end in a top hat in a setting where the only evidence we have is your side of the story.

The last BFC poster who was a self-declared Life Of Every Party(tm) before melting down in this thread to a fantastic degree went on to melt down and be probed almost every month this year.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

:lol: SA has a complete clinical trials membership base from manufacturing to clinical through to the clinical trials site

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Cacafuego posted:

:lol: SA has a complete clinical trials membership base from manufacturing to clinical through to the clinical trials site

LoL "through the site"? SA is getting old, op, we've got customers too here.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

Cacafuego posted:

It's better than that. We also have the IT systems folks and at least two early-R&D folks too! We could run an entire goddamned company (into the ground) out of the BFC pharma team.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
You could also pretty much crew a cargo ship with goons.

It’s a broad reach.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

FrozenVent posted:

You could also pretty much crew a cargo ship with goons.

It’s a broad reach.

Goons: We can run everything aground! :D

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
Where I work QA gets blamed for business line fuckups if we didn’t catch it, but we get blamed for the bad QA results if we do. Nobody has ever considered holding business line managers accountable for their employees’ work quality.

Spikes32
Jul 25, 2013

Happy trees
You want a validated lims system, I can help you spend more money on it than you thought possible! And it'll mostly work the way you need it to!

Note, not the way you want it to.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

How early into December does your Corporate Enterprises grind to a halt? I was contracting for LEGO and was very surprised when one week into December during a meeting the Lead Engineer began tabling all discussions of solutions and architecture for January. We did a bit of bug fixing but since nothing new was developed it quickly turned into "how to get time to pass" kind of work.

Theoretically about the second week in December when we apply our deployment freeze but this year this has been the cue for a bunch of PMs to try and "get ahead" of next year by scheduling hours of calls to have things explained to them.

Also budgets. Oh my god the loving budgets. "Please provide with 100% certainty when this money will be spent" also "we're 15 million dollars over, do you need this 50k?" guys, were not going to claw back 15 million by cutting the 50k I need to get some professional services implementation going, maybe look at the 500k pissed away on non functional software? And the alleged 5+ million the new CIO spent hiring his buddies in, maybe look there?

E: this was before it was mentioned that power costs for the datacenters are going up by like 10 million but overall budget is expected to be flat.

As soon as it's January I'm emailing the MD at the company that were talking to me earlier in the year to see if there's any movement because if they ain't promoting me, and they ain't got no money to pay me more, then I've gotta leave.

Powerful Two-Hander fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Dec 27, 2022

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

TheSpartacus posted:

I take offense.

If manufacturing did poo poo right, you'd not need analytical.

I'm thinking of a time manufacturing weighed 30 mg of active instead of 30 kg. Of course, QA and analytical also hosed up and that drug product made it out into the wild. Only got discovered after customer compliant and during the subsequent retest.

So did anyone pitch an idea of starting up a new homeopathic line of the drug? :v:

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Just peeked at Teams to see that two different people tried to get my attention for urgent matters on Christmas.

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

Inner Light posted:

Did you….. did you not say money?

Alas, like an idiot I asked for autonomy instead. Manager had been using money as a carrot/stick to no success anyway, wouldn't have been on-theme.

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
Something Awful: Corporations Make You Stupid

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

What's been annoying for me in my area of work is that generally things grind to a halt in the middle of December, but there are always many people who are absolutely shocked by that. I work as a product developer in the food industry and my manufacturing plants and suppliers generally close either the last week of the year, or the last two weeks.

Every year I have to remind the project managers to build in two extra weeks for activities that stretch over the last two weeks of the year. "But you're working!" or "But Joe is working!" yeah it doesn't matter. In order to get the activity done, I need my supplier, or three different departments internally, and most or all of them are out.

I generally have a lot fewer meetings but I just looked at my calendar, and I have 5 meetings on Thursday, none of which are urgent or business critical. So, not much gets done, but there's a whole lot of people who expect things to get done.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Sundae posted:

It's better than that. We also have the IT systems folks and at least two early-R&D folks too! We could run an entire goddamned company (into the ground) out of the BFC pharma team.

Just in my personal circle we have goons as the technical lead for lab support and a Data Integrity person supporting what was QA.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
I've personally worked in every tier of various food manufacturing facilities

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

In my 16 years of experience working in corporate IT depts , every single company I've worked for has gone into a change freeze for at least the last 2 weeks of the year. This year it's Dec 17th to Jan 3rd. I'd say 70% of folks are out on vacation anyway. A prior company I worked for pushed it to the last 3 weeks of the year, another did the last 2 weeks of Dec and the first 2 weeks of Jan for end of year accounting activities.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
Holy cow, work is slow today. I’ve just been chatting with coworkers and I’m worried that I gossiped too much :sigh:

TheSpartacus
Oct 30, 2010
HEY GUYS I'VE FLOWN HELICOPTERS IN THIS GAME BEFORE AND I AM AN EXPERT. ALSO, HOW DO I START THE ENGINE?

mmkay posted:

So did anyone pitch an idea of starting up a new homeopathic line of the drug? :v:

I remember when the company bought a homeopathic line and we were wondering what the gently caress QC would test for, the absence of drug??

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

TheSpartacus posted:

I remember when the company bought a homeopathic line and we were wondering what the gently caress QC would test for, the absence of drug??

I so wish homeopathics were illegal in the USA :smith: wholesale robbery of ignorant folks who are ill, one of the most blatant swindles we have in a modern economy still allowed by law.

I feel the same about acupuncture and most of chiropractic, but I get hit with the arguments of "well what if the customers FEEL better???" and the discussion stops.

Inner Light fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Dec 27, 2022

TheSpartacus
Oct 30, 2010
HEY GUYS I'VE FLOWN HELICOPTERS IN THIS GAME BEFORE AND I AM AN EXPERT. ALSO, HOW DO I START THE ENGINE?
The customer is loving stupid

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

TheSpartacus posted:

Inner Light posted:

I so wish homeopathics were illegal in the USA :smith: wholesale robbery of ignorant folks who are ill, one of the most blatant swindles we have in a modern economy still allowed by law.

I feel the same about acupuncture and most of chiropractic, but I get hit with the arguments of "well what if the customers FEEL better???" and the discussion stops.

FDA's just released a new guidance that appears to make homeopathic drug products actually subject to a lot more of the drug manufacturing regs:
https://www.fda.gov/regulatory-information/search-fda-guidance-documents/drug-products-labeled-homeopathic-guidance-fda-staff-and-industry

I hear the homeopathic industry's really unhappy about it, but idk the details of what compliance looks like in that area; I (and the pseudoscience thread) would love it if someone could fill in the gaps about what it really represents.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Inner Light posted:

Disclaimer: IANAL

If they make false/deceptive claims and you live in one of the 40+ states with a "mini FTC act" (ideally you live in IL, NY, NJ, CA or anywhere blue except Florida) I'd bet that there are a handful of class action attorneys that'd take you on as a serial plaintiff where you buy the meds then bring a class action lawsuit that seeks to enjoin them from making deceptive claims. This could force them to change their marketing, packaging, etc. Could get them pulled from Amazon or other retail/ecommerce platforms as well. As the lead plaintiff you'd probably get a few thousand bucks out of it depending one whether or not that is permissible in your area/state (IIRC it is not in federal courts in FL but might be in state courts).

CarForumPoster fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Dec 27, 2022

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I have gotten several (external) recruiter emails from the same guy for a position that isn’t what I do, but more adjacent. Those kind I don’t bother responding no thanks to because they didn’t even bother reading my linkedin carefully.

But drat it’s getting kind of pathetic now and it makes me feel uncomfortable.

Bonus lol: it’s for Intel

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Endure Hardship Well

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
RAR

E

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Be a RAR leader and compress yourself down into 30% of your original size.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Be a MEDIUM WELL leader

M-icrowave fish
E-mpty the coffee without brewing more
D-rink too much at happy hour
I-gnore people talking to you
U-nmute while chewing
M-ove stuff on people's desks

W-alk slowly
E-nter late
L-eave early
L-eave often

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

Never wanna go back to the Hardship Well

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

Be a RAR leader and compress yourself down into 30% of your original size.

Don't do this because then you can't claim a salary, you have to just ask people if they'd like to pay you a salary while they ignore you.

ThePopeOfFun posted:

Never wanna go back to the Hardship Well

It rarely ends well for goons in the hardship well.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

SpartanIvy posted:

Be a MEDIUM WELL leader

M-icrowave fish
E-mpty the coffee without brewing more
D-rink too much at happy hour
I-gnore people talking to you
U-nmute while chewing
M-ove stuff on people's desks

W-alk slowly
E-nter late
L-eave early
L-eave often

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Weird

I casually mentioned to my boss today about a poor experience I had with our company as a customer last week. (e: a technical issue)

He relayed the story to his boss. Who told his boss. Who told his boss. Next thing I know I'm being bombarded with questions by a bunch of managers from all sorts of places.

Turns out the issue I was having was reported to us over a week ago from our social media department, but the they did a lovely job communicating the customer experience to us so nobody could figure out what was happening. Once they realized I was having the same problem I became the live example and over the course of two hours they figured out exactly what was going on.

Managers...who care about the customer experience? Am I dead and hallucinating?

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Renegret posted:

If you're talking to managers who care about the customer experience, you've been in a coma for almost 20 years because of a car accident. We're trying a new technique. We don't know where this message will end up in your dream, but we hope we're getting through. Please wake up.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
It is self evaluation time. I know I’m getting a max of 2% this year and I am really struggling to give a poo poo about the essay I need to write and peer feedback I need to both solicit and give :(

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

remigious posted:

It is self evaluation time. I know I’m getting a max of 2% this year and I am really struggling to give a poo poo about the essay I need to write and peer feedback I need to both solicit and give :(

have chatGPT write your review

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Renegret posted:

The issue got the attention of an exec and the managers are all falling over themselves trying to be The One who figured it out and get the dog treat for being a Very Good Boy. No one actually cares.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Lockback posted:

The issue got the attention of an exec and the managers are all falling over themselves trying to be The One who figured it out and get the dog treat for being a Very Good Boy. No one actually cares.

The dreaded forwarded “?” email.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Renegret posted:

Weird

I casually mentioned to my boss today about a poor experience I had with our company as a customer last week. (e: a technical issue)

He relayed the story to his boss. Who told his boss. Who told his boss. Next thing I know I'm being bombarded with questions by a bunch of managers from all sorts of places.

Turns out the issue I was having was reported to us over a week ago from our social media department, but the they did a lovely job communicating the customer experience to us so nobody could figure out what was happening. Once they realized I was having the same problem I became the live example and over the course of two hours they figured out exactly what was going on.

it's easier to get the details from you so they can close the other support ticket maybe