Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Okay this is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Powershift posted:

They did do a purple cf one

I could tell that the brown one was bad and weird but the lens they shot it with was apparently doing a ton of work because that one looks loving awful. I don't understand why they would even build these.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

There is a company that does convertible conversions on Challengers and they look bad and can only imagine how bad it drives.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

BigPaddy posted:

There is a company that does convertible conversions on Challengers and they look bad and can only imagine how bad it drives.

I haven't checked in on NCE lately, let's see what they've been up.....gaaaaaaaaaah

whaever stops them from hacking up NSXes i guess.

e: lol

just buy a boxster

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Powershift posted:

just buy a boxster

:911:

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

LMAO :perfect:

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Yakety sax probably would have been good too.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Powershift posted:

I haven't checked in on NCE lately, let's see what they've been up.....gaaaaaaaaaah

whaever stops them from hacking up NSXes i guess.

just buy a boxster

Lol or a Miata or s2000. I thought the hard top on the BRZ was a feature not a bug.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

wesleywillis posted:

Yakety sax probably would have been good too.

I was kind of expecting at the very end to see it being bulldozed along by a tractor-trailer on the road.

Maybe with a "Roundabout" to-be-continued freeze frame

PBCrunch
Jun 17, 2002

Lawrence Phillips Always #1 to Me

Powershift posted:

God drat that is ugly. Would it have been so hard to stretch those little "fake vent" stampings in the front part of the doors vertically so they look kind of in proportion to the slab sides of that monstrosity?

I never noticed there was so much visual flab above the top of the side window on the nu Challenger. I think this image has ruined all 21st Century Challengers for me.

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp

PBCrunch posted:

I never noticed there was so much visual flab above the top of the side window on the nu Challenger. I think this image has ruined all 21st Century Challengers for me.

It looks like that area's been modified to emulate the flying buttresses on the old Charger. The new Challengers height and high beltline sticks out even more now. A longer nose and trunk would help with the proportions.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Wouldn't it be easier (and definitely better looking) to just put the classic body on the newer chassis, and transplant the improved bits of the interior and such? Maybe the entire firewall, possibly floorpan of the new truck to get the fitment for AC and stuff.

Motronic posted:

They're buying fender/door/bed skins (and presumably hoods) from a place that apparently makes poo poo like that for these trucks. It was mentioned in one of the articles on the other trucktraption they made.

So like, re-skinning a door is not a big deal for any competent body shop. That's easy enough. What's really difficult is believing that there is enough of a market for these panels that someone is producing them. I'm assuming it's all JC Whitney-adjacent, which means those things are probably made out of tinfoil-thickness sheet steel.

The article said LMC truck, which should be fine.
The early Chevy trucks are almost as popular as Tri-five Chevys and musclecars, maybe more so. There is definitely a market for replacement panels.

I.... don't hate it. I don't know why.

Failson posted:

I don't hate the front end, and shooting brakes are always welcome, but it ALL just ends up looking like a knockoff of a Texaco toy car. Again, that's another thing I should like, but... Okay, you know what, no, it's a fun mutt.

Yeah. I like the proportions. The only real issue to me is the greenhouse looking too modern, and even then, it's not the worst.

Crankit posted:

I'm saying wrong thread on this

Yeah, that's nowhere near as egregious as a lot of them attempts at a rebody. Somehow, that doesn't even look as slab-sided as the Challenger it's based on.

Raluek posted:

this thing really emphasizes how fat the modern challengers are. section a foot out of the middle of the car to take care of those slab sides, and it could be good

you see the classic lines, but then the styling stops as it gets further down and its just stretched out cause theres still another foot of car there that shouldnt be

right thread as gently caress

... you're not wrong about the sides on the Challenger. This thing hides it a bit better, I think.

Powershift posted:

That one seems to have a shorter nose.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

...does he not know how to put it in 4WD, or is the truck a poser? I mean, yeah, it's a poser, but I mean it not a 4x4.

The other Twit with the truck sliding off of the face of the earth was great.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Darchangel posted:

...does he not know how to put it in 4WD, or is the truck a poser? I mean, yeah, it's a poser, but I mean it not a 4x4.

People with trucks like that don't put them in 4 wheel drive, so even if they know how to it doesn't happen enough to work reliably when they try it. There's always some servo (or vac solenoid on fords) that has gone bad and you don't find out until you actually need 4 wheel drive. Not that it would have done much with bald mallterrain tires.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Darchangel posted:

Wouldn't it be easier (and definitely better looking) to just put the classic body on the newer chassis, and transplant the improved bits of the interior and such? Maybe the entire firewall, possibly floorpan of the new truck to get the fitment for AC and stuff.

The old body is much smaller than the new chassis.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Are drivers of autos embarrassed or something?

https://twitter.com/rogergarbow/status/1481253089340534787?t=KOnCcpvNlAbiVdfJtDEX5A&s=19

https://twitter.com/rogergarbow/status/1481255342474510337?t=yDhQ-9IL0WgQsCzoMIElaw&s=19

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Powershift posted:

Trying to make a 69 Charger out of a modern Challenger offends me on a deep, personal level. It just screams "sacrilege".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKaJnBwYoGg

That automatic seems to shift like poo poo. 6MT is the way to go.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

https://twitter.com/mrbwa1/status/1481253400134430720?s=20

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
Man, I know it's dumb of me, but every time I see a new BRZ regardless of circumstance I want one.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Pine Cone Jones posted:

Man, I know it's dumb of me, but every time I see a new BRZ regardless of circumstance I want one.

they're great OP

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

All the promotional pics I saw looked meh and all the owner pics I've seen since look way better.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!

BraveUlysses posted:

they're great OP

That does look great. I'd love to get one, but buying a car is probably a bit silly right now,. How is the stereo in it though? I think outside of ride quality, the stereo would be my biggest concern moving from my gti.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

gimme a convertible one and I might be swayed away from my miata lifestyle

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

Powershift posted:

just buy a boxster

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

That auto shifter boot isn't new. The first gen brz/frs had the same thing and I laughed at it back in 2012.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I've seen people doing that to all sorts of cars. It's silly.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

honda whisperer posted:

All the promotional pics I saw looked meh and all the owner pics I've seen since look way better.

Honestly, the clinical white background of the early promo shots absolutely weren't helping.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

Why would you want a worse Miata?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

Rhyno posted:

I've seen people doing that to all sorts of cars. It's silly.

it's stolen valor

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

https://i.imgur.com/A3NF0QO.mp4

say the line, AI

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

You can park here, mate.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

“Nailed it!”

Or

“Like a glove”

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Witnessed

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

mobby_6kl posted:

Why would you want a worse Miata?

I'm fed up with replacing the windshield every 2 years :(

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

:barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf:

dumb poo poo person that did this to their car posted:

I wanted to do yellow but my wife just doesn't like the color and was concerned it would be easy for the sheriffs to target it for speeding. Could you imagine the conversation back at the station. First just a yellow wrap with no Ferrari badges

"I got me a Miata today."

Those suckars are faaaast, how did you catch it?

He was going 38 on that 35 road between the two retirement villages. He was playing Springsteen Born to Run loud.

Now imagine the conversation with Ferrari badges on my yellow Miata

" I got me a Ferrari today"

Wow! Good for you! How did you catch it? Those suckars are faaast.

I got him driving 38 on that 35 road between those two retirement villages. He was playing Springsteen Born to Run loud.

I told him his was the first Ferrari I ever bagged.

The geezer driving it kept saying it wasn't a Ferrari but it said Ferrariata right on the dash and had a Ferrari special edition plague signed by one of those Ferrari guys on the dash. I said do you think I am dumb?

:barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Shades of Lamarossa.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

special edition plague

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Speed and Class

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
the BRG is nice, at least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TacoHavoc
Dec 31, 2007
It's taco-y and havoc-y...at the same time!
"Ferrariata"