Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
My favorite burg is The Royal Hamburg at the renn fair up by Houston. But I don't know if this is because it's actually great or because I am always eating one after walking up and down the ren faire all day and am so hungry it basically doesn't matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i'm eating short stop rn

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/goodmoine/status/1691559252068893142

Mmmm dallas should not have this because gently caress them

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

everywhere deserves trains, even dallas. just not before us

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

I thought they had already started building that, they decided to do it before I moved away

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
I thought the clay or sand or whatever made tunnels impossible in dfw?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Nah Judge Clay Jenkins is a pretty cool dude he's not anti tunnels

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Top 5 burgers in no order for Dallas:

1. Rodeo Goat
2. Hudson House
3. Goodfriend (they are opening a Pizza place!)
4. Peak Inn
5. Hillside Tavern

mastajake posted:

My favorite burger place is Del's in Richardson.

I just bought a house in richardson and need to try this place. Also Lance Gooden doesn't rep me any more!

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Failboattootoot posted:

My favorite burg is The Royal Hamburg at the renn fair up by Houston. But I don't know if this is because it's actually great or because I am always eating one after walking up and down the ren faire all day and am so hungry it basically doesn't matter.

Ren Fair is done best when you hippyflip in the campground with the cast and then stagger into the fair when you wake up and get a turkey leg and yardarita and just chill at one of the plays or mud pit guy.

At least when you're in your 20s.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

i say swears online posted:

everywhere deserves trains, even dallas. just not before us

Dallas already has the second longest light rail system in the country*. You're way too late.

*according to wikipedia, no idea what they define as light rail, since the NYC subway isn't on the list and it's three times as long.

There really should be an Amtrak line between Dallas and Houston, aside from the pipe dream of high speed rail.

Jake Gittes posted:

Debate & Discussion › Texas Politics: let's talk about fast food for days

We're not talking anything fast, we were talking Whataburger.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

hawowanlawow posted:

try crying to your momma about it you big baby

anyway, moving on to the weather. it is only supposed to be 94 degrees today

I 100% left work early to go ride my bike. The weather was incredibly tolerable!

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Dameius posted:

Ren Fair is done best when you hippyflip in the campground with the cast and then stagger into the fair when you wake up and get a turkey leg and yardarita and just chill at one of the plays or mud pit guy.

At least when you're in your 20s.

The Ren Fair is one of those places where I could envision my life turning out drastically different.

Choosing between colleges still spits me out as a white bread corporate boy. Choosing to dive into the ren fair life is a whole different thing.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I remember some kid on the bus telling me about d&d larping with the foam swords and bean bag spells and I had this whole internal battle over whether it was cool or lame as poo poo later that evening

I saw the lightning bolt video a few years later and thought "oohhhhh"

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Democratic Pirate posted:

The Ren Fair is one of those places where I could envision my life turning out drastically different.

Choosing between colleges still spits me out as a white bread corporate boy. Choosing to dive into the ren fair life is a whole different thing.

I'm on the edge of the rennie world (occasional weekend performing group but we all have day jobs) and from the friends and acquaintances I have who are pros and lifers it's super hard. Especially when you have a sudden or chronic medical issue - the number of passed hats I've dropped money into for someone's treatment or similar financial devastation is too high to count.

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel
I remember going to the Sherwood forest fair a few times and being a little disappointed to find out that they don't seem to change the shows at all across seasons. Turkey legs still good though.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

The Sound and Fury guys are always a must see for me at Renfest. Those lovable dopes have given me tons of drunken entertainment. I couldn’t imagine going to the smaller renaissance fair productions than the Todd Mission one

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

George H.W. oval office posted:

The Sound and Fury guys are always a must see for me at Renfest. Those lovable dopes have given me tons of drunken entertainment. I couldn’t imagine going to the smaller renaissance fair productions than the Todd Mission one

Considering it's one of the largest in the country (if not the largest, I'm not up on the stats these days) you'd be hard-pressed to find one that isn't smaller. But yeah, I've worked some seriously dinky faires that wouldn't have been worth the drive if I wasn't getting paid.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

SlothfulCobra posted:

Dallas already has the second longest light rail system in the country*. You're way too late.

*according to wikipedia, no idea what they define as light rail, since the NYC subway isn't on the list and it's three times as long.

Light rail (mostly) runs on top of existing roads and has to obey stop lights.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

The Sound and Fury guys are always a must see for me at Renfest. Those lovable dopes have given me tons of drunken entertainment.

Hell yeah

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

nelson posted:

Light rail (mostly) runs on top of existing roads and has to obey stop lights.

only a fraction of dart rail does that

Ironhead
Jan 19, 2005

Ironhead. Mmm.

Those guys are rad. I know one of the Sound and Fury guys personally and see him perform music all the time in Houston. I don't get to go up to the fair often, because it's open during my busy season, but I know a bunch a fair number of people that are hardcore into it, or regularly work up there.

Getting hammered in the faire grounds with the staff after they've kicked everyone out is a magical experience.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/meganmmenchaca/status/1691574269795270720

"Need to work on following directions"

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/RobertDownen_/status/1691788955023278157

Oh. Good. Can't wait until he's Land Commissioner or whatever.

Jake Gittes
Jul 11, 2006

me irl
meet ur future dean of the tamu college o' journalism & shooting emprorium

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

c'mon he's definitely going to be on the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Sheriff of Tarrant County.

Jake Gittes
Jul 11, 2006

me irl

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

That fake heat map that they'd been using as proof was thrown out by the judge lol

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

zoux posted:

That fake heat map that they'd been using as proof was thrown out by the judge lol

got a link?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

You KNOW I got a link

quote:

Multiple GOP witnesses indicated they believe the ballot paper shortages were a deliberate attempt by county officials to target GOP voters, a claim that's based on one piece of evidence: a "heat map" created by Russ Long, a member of their party, that purportedly shows virtually all of the 121 undersupplied polling locations identified by a KHOU story were located in so-called Republican stronghold neighborhoods. Long created his own methodology for determining what counts as a Republican stronghold neighborhood, based on whether voters cast ballots in at least two Republican primaries over a course of 12 years.

The Chronicle’s analysis found roughly half of those 121 locations were in precincts that voted for former President Donald Trump in 2020.

Lawmakers including state Sen. Paul Bettencourt, R-Houston, relied on that GOP heat map earlier this year, using it to push through legislation that abolished the Harris County Elections Administrators office.

"We’ll leave it up to the courts to decide, but when you look at a map like this, there’s literally 110 out of 121 precincts that are in the Republican areas of the county and only 11 that are not," Bettencourt said at a Senate hearing in March. "It seems to be a rather concentrated pattern."

This week, the courts did decide. Peeples ruled the heat map was inadmissible as evidence.

"It's certainly (inadmissible) because it's hearsay, because it relies on a KHOU report," said First Assistant County Attorney Jonathan Fombonne, who represents Harris County, which is not a party to the lawsuit. "That's important because it means he's not crediting (Long) as an expert on this, because if he was an expert, he could rely on hearsay."

Bettencourt on Thursday declined to comment when asked whether residents should be concerned that the Legislature abolished the Harris County Elections Administrators office based partly on a heat map that was deemed inadmissible in court.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Jake Gittes posted:

meet ur future dean of the tamu college o' journalism & shooting emprorium

He already claimed he was going to TAMU despite not even being accepted. I wish this kid would just gently caress off.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Well, will you accept him being on right wing media, in the papers, on TV, in office, etc. for the next 40-50 years? Because that's what you're gonna get.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Cojawfee posted:

He already claimed he was going to TAMU despite not even being accepted. I wish this kid would just gently caress off.

that's just the entirety of blinn

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

He's also not enrolled at Blinn.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Imagine being the kind of person who wants to take stolen valor from Aggies.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Dameius posted:

Imagine being the kind of person who wants to take stolen valor from Aggies.

Stealing stolen valor by faking being in the fake Army

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
But what are you gonna do? He'll shoot you and stuff.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/tplohetski/status/1691891162741604693

lmao Our Christian Attorney General

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Wowzers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Was the mistress known before this or is that a new detail

Also “lover” instead of “mistress” is weird, was it a gay thing

Badger of Basra fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Aug 16, 2023