Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Vim Fuego posted:

What's an episode where virgil was on an was funny?

His cold open right after the whole "it's okay for people to have kids, yes even in Hellworld" drama was golden

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

"Never underestimate a D.VA main!" from the Roy Moore bet was a god-tier virgil line

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Vim Fuego posted:

What's an episode where virgil was on an was funny?

The Glenn Beck ep (300)

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

He DM'd the Tabletop Game Theory eps and I think that should speak for itself

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
The beltway garage episodes are solid, though I guess it would be atrange to go back to them.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

https://twitter.com/jonathanvswan/status/1378005545718800388?s=20

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

Chapo sucks lately. They couldn’t even mine anything good from Biden’s demented press conference. but cum town has been extremely good and funny.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

SMERSH Mouth posted:

Chapo sucks lately. They couldn’t even mine anything good from Biden’s demented press conference. but cum town has been extremely good and funny.

There's only so much praxis to go around

THS
Sep 15, 2017

the interview with thomas frank was great. he is not exactly vladimir lenin on the political spectrum but he is a likable guy, very articulate about american political history and how it applies to today. and paints a clear picture of liberal scolding. nothing earth shattering but i’ve liked every interview i’ve ever heard of him

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I didn't recognize the name but I recognized the voice from being on Radio War Nerd a while back and he was cool there too.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/biboofficial/status/1378354806939557889?s=19

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

The only thirst trap I follow is Stav

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

net work error posted:

I didn't recognize the name but I recognized the voice from being on Radio War Nerd a while back and he was cool there too.

frank rules. i'd only seen his books but this was a great interview

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

i say swears online posted:

frank rules. i'd only seen his books but this was a great interview

Listen Liberal is prob not a must read for most posters itt/chapo listeners but it’s a good book to gift lib friends who are maybe losing hope with the dems

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

Listen Liberal is prob not a must read for most posters itt/chapo listeners but it’s a good book to gift lib friends who are maybe losing hope with the dems

yeah my tech worker gentrifier friends in austin need to read it but they're already so convinced of their own worldview that it's a tough nut to crack. he was talking directly, directly about them this episode

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Thomas Frank agreed to do an episode of The West Wing Thing but then emailed back to turn it down after they told him he'd have to watch an episode of The West Wing.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

i say swears online posted:

yeah my tech worker gentrifier friends in austin need to read it but they're already so convinced of their own worldview that it's a tough nut to crack. he was talking directly, directly about them this episode

we absolutely know some of the same type of people lol. fuckin austinites..

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Joementum posted:

Thomas Frank agreed to do an episode of The West Wing Thing but then emailed back to turn it down after they told him he'd have to watch an episode of The West Wing.

👑

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Joementum posted:

lol

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Joementum posted:

Amazing.

emo-ignorance
Jun 12, 2020

Just listened to an episode of this podcast based on a recommendation from Jude Doyle. When does it become fascist?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

emo-ignorance posted:

Just listened to an episode of this podcast based on a recommendation from Jude Doyle. When does it become fascist?

It is not the podcast, but you, who must change to make it fascist

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
The real fascism is the friends we make along the way

Lasting Damage
Feb 26, 2006

Fallen Rib

emo-ignorance posted:

no, no, see that's why its sinister you don't even realize you've been converted to fascism. you're already in the pipeline.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Amber turned me fascist.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The show officially went fascist when they stopped doing Chapo Death Threats as a regular segment

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
Everytime someone just calls him Doyle all I picture is Doyle Wolfgang von Frankenstein.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

FlamingLiberal posted:

The show officially went fascist when they stopped doing Chapo Death Threats as a regular segment

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟
It's not like all of our favorite lovely opinion/politics writers have stopped writing, so my guess is that Chapo has decided David Brooks and Bret Stephens are actually really smart and correct, otherwise they would bring back that part of the show

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I’m pretty sure we’re gonna get a really funny Matt Gaetz episode.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

I’m pretty sure we’re gonna get a really funny Matt Gaetz episode.

So we're finally going to get the episode where Chapo goes fascist?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Chris doesn't talk as much, Amber and Virgil are never on anymore, the mic quality is quickly disintegrating, Half of them moved out of NY. The show is very quickly approaching a perfect symmetry with it's initial episodes. It's beautiful, in a way.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Chris doesn't talk as much, Amber and Virgil are never on anymore, the mic quality is quickly disintegrating, Half of them moved out of NY. The show is very quickly approaching a perfect symmetry with it's initial episodes. It's beautiful, in a way.

It's like poetry, it rhymes

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Mr. Lobe posted:

It's like poetry, it rhymes

all the RLM guys basically have to stay in milwaukee tho, they are trapped

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

The only difference is now they don't even do the reading series and instead just kind of make themselves sad and talk about movies but not make any jokes.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

THS posted:

all the RLM guys basically have to stay in milwaukee tho, they are trapped

What's RLM

THS
Sep 15, 2017

The only difference is now they don't even do the reading series and instead just kind of make themselves sad and talk about movies but not make any jokes.

agreed, you should stop listening to the podcast - it sucks frankly - and this thread is boring too you should unbookmark it

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

THS posted:

agreed, you should stop listening to the podcast - it sucks frankly - and this thread is boring too you should unbookmark it

Nah the podcast still has some good bits. Sorry. It's okay that they put out some duds here and there.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

who besides amber moved?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gLvwUu-BI0