Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Buck Wildman posted:

this was a lesson sega seemed to learn way before anyone else, as is tradition

sega does what nintendont

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

loquacius posted:

he's so real for this

otoh he's one of the world's single worst polluters by owning literally a billion dollars worth of superyachts

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

and Microsoft is finally reaching a point where buying more stuff isn't going to solve any of their problems

Heh...finally it is my time to seize control

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
when the revolution comes and its time to execute gaben

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
careful, he's adept with a blade and moves faster than you'd think, on account of losing weight recently..

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

loquacius posted:

more tech companies should reach a point where they decide they are generating enough profit and simply coast. The world would unironically be better off

given their dlc practices via atlus and CA I’m not sure this is a lesson sega has actually learned

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
microsoft was right to shut down those studios

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
when gaben dies valve will go public and then we'll get half life 3 the live service game

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

oh yeah?

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

when gaben dies valve will go public and then we'll get half life 3 the live service game

Half Life 3 is coming...to Fortnite

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

docbeard posted:

hoot furiously typing away about fortnite and hitting submit only to be met with the message saying you cant post because your probed please read the rules

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

docbeard posted:

halflife 3 already happened they just called it alyx

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Al! posted:

halflife 3 already happened they just called it alyx

thats half life 1.5

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

actually its more the halflife 2 episode 3 that was promised in the end the gman saves eli vance in exchange for putting alyx in the Murderhobo Zone instead of Gordon. Eli hands Gordon a crowbar, indicating a new game in a few decades

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

placeholder

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
they bought bethseda for todd not shinji mikami's sloppy seconds :cmon:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

After some light purges and universal brain implantation, my weakest brained troop is sitting at 70 psi-strength which is....acceptable. They'll panic before going berzerk or getting mind controlled at least, but mostly the aliens don't try. Stumbled across a landed Elite Terror Ship with ethereals, celatids, cyberdiscs, and elite mutons that shrug off heavy plasma like it's pistol fire. Each take TWO direct hits with a blaster launcher to go down so I'm glad I came in with two launchers and full inventories. Psionics are indeed balanced very well in this pack, mostly because they require a dedicated energy stat that must be trained with practice and the only cheap and free to use psionic device can only lower morale. To mind control something is the dedicated work of 2-3 psykers and can only be done 2-3 times per full battle. It's almost always better to panic them and send a guy in with a power armor guy with a plasma sword (scale off stats but since these guys have lived forever each 12 TU swing does like 270 damage) or saturate the area with blaster bomb fire from soldiers or tanks. From start to finish this mission took over an hour, cannot speak highly enough of this pack, it has been a ton of fun.

I got an Ethereal Commander though, and I know there's still more powerful stuff to unlock now that I've gotten the super weapons that are salvaged from elite weapons (which are absurdly lethal and make elite missions so dangerous) made and in reserve for hard missions. Hoping there's EVEN MORE ridiculous armor to be had

Epic High Five has issued a correction as of 22:15 on May 10, 2024

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
It's rumored that Gaben's son wants to go into the family business so maybe Steam being good will outlive him.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

looking at this steam sale and drat fellow traveler really does put out some bangers

anyone play the animal well game

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Al! posted:

looking at this steam sale and drat fellow traveler really does put out some bangers

anyone play the animal well game

well well well

animals

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
it is reviewing incredibly well and has an overwhelmingly well rating on steam. but i have not played it because i can't well myself to walk across the room and turn on my switch.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

gradenko_2000 posted:

It's rumored that Gaben's son wants to go into the family business so maybe Steam being good will outlive him.

the family business is being fat lol

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

the family business is being fat lol

it's a sign of prosperity

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Buck Wildman posted:

That's why USA is the most prosperous country on the planet.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Buck Wildman posted:

he's eating all the steam games

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

he's eating all the steam games

one day half life will force him to eat a stone and vomit them back up

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
i re-upped game pass to play crab souls and that new have a nice death, and little kitty game. oh yeah manor lords is on it and i wanted to give jedi survivor a shot but was too lazy to pirate it; however, i think im saving my ubislop open world mapicon energy for Ghosts of Tsunishima so I might not get around to JS. figured buyingf them on steam was going to be like $100

crab souls is fun so far. the controls could be a tad better, feels a bit mobile game UI-ish but its been fun and cute

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

this is the year of the indie game, god bless

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

its payday so im gonna play the well game and report back

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
in kingdom come deliverance if you try to tell the lonely noblewoman that the cumans are nothing but bloodthirsty asiatic monsters she frowns at you and you can never get with her. it went loving woke

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

any video games where I can be mifune?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/MandelaFace/status/1788954122655559724?t=t4geJdahmSF0w3ozT0_Log&s=19

Goatstein, tired of being wrong in the Glenn thread, decides to try his hand at video games

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

he literally is wrong, no hard lessons have been learned thus far

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

loquacius posted:

more tech companies should reach a point where they decide they are generating enough profit and simply coast. The world would unironically be better off

They can still do passion projects like the Steam Deck though and I encourage this

the steam link was cool, im glad i have it. the steam controller was kinda cool but not the best.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

the steam link is kind of bittersweet to me because i was literally like "but i want to play games ON the dogshit hardware of the steam link"

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

goatstein used to msg me on steam to play some dragon dota game called Hoard. if you're still around, hit me up. let's run it back.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Dreylad posted:

the steam link was cool, im glad i have it. the steam controller was kinda cool but not the best.

I used the link extensively back in my old apartment before I got my deck. platinum'd sekiro on it

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/SteamDB/status/1788981898108182681?t=Wu_UGEVHkMex2cbPrhbkdA&s=19

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
make new good games? thats evil communism

what if games, but landlords