Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Man now I’m gonna have to BrickLink the rest of the ‘66 villains.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny

Carbohydrates posted:

Unless there are more classic Batman sets coming, it would probably be wise to purchase one of these before everyone else has the same idea and demand suddenly skyrockets

Ugh that’s actually a pretty good idea. Though I’m like 99% sure we’re getting a minifig DC series this year though which Robin that’ll pack is anyone’s guess.

Fingers crossed they’ll do an UCS scale 60s batmobile for the 200 bucks set coming later this year but rumors are it’ll be the Daily Planet or whatever Superman’s newspaper is.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Whipped up this guy real quick.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I built a micro scale 66 Batmobile a while ago. Now seems like a good time to post it.

I have a collection of microscale bat vehicles, some MOCs, some modded, some offical polybags. Some of these I posted before, but I don't remember which.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
That last picture :vince:

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Zwille posted:

:emptyquote:

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

Zwille posted:

Ugh that’s actually a pretty good idea. Though I’m like 99% sure we’re getting a minifig DC series this year though which Robin that’ll pack is anyone’s guess.
Yeaaahh you know what? I'mma take my own advice and grab one now. Figure even if I get cold feet on picking up the '66 Batmobile down the line, I sure won't lose money on picking up a Robin while they're "cheap."

edit: and even if I do, it won't be much!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I feel like they might do a 66 Batbike with Batgirl, Robin, and a villain.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

The_Doctor posted:

I feel like they might do a 66 Batbike with Batgirl, Robin, and a villain.
Very specific prediction! You seen something I haven't? :v:

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Zwille posted:

Thanks!
It was fun trying to capture a character in so few pieces. I don't think it would be possible if they weren't so iconic.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Zwille posted:

Thanks for posting that response. Those are hilarious.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Carbohydrates posted:

Very specific prediction! You seen something I haven't? :v:

Oh no, just going on the basis that Lego like to spread a team across several sets, so why put both Batman and Robin in one set when you can make your punters buy two (or more!).

Oh, Catwoman had a car too.

OperaMouse
Oct 30, 2010

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/mar/30/french-police-on-trail-of-international-gang-of-lego-looters?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

Article on Polish thieves seeking out highly wanted Lego sets.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Police released a photo of one of the suspects

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

So that's why that raid set was canceled.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

Got my parts in the mail! Thrilled to find that my axle raising mechanism works perfectly! 1967 Ford Mustang.

And since I got my parts for this and the Jeep Renegade, that means tonight's stream (7pm CST) will be a build stream! We'll do the Jeep live; it'll be a blast.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I have a couple GWP sets I don't want, if anyone is interested in the Easter Bunny's Carrot House + Easter Chick Egg send me a PM and I'll mail them to you for cost of shipping.

ONE YEAR LATER fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Mar 30, 2021

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Torso appears to be Remus Lupin from an old Harry Potter set.

Hair might be Jay's hair in some recent Ninjago stuff but I'm not sure.

I have no idea about the face though.

Thanks for this, btw. All the pieces arrived today and he looks great. I ordered another head that I thought suited Columbo a little better though.

I also ordered alternate hands to replicate the ending of Suitable for Framing.

And I finally bought pieces to fix the godawful helmets on the LEM astronauts. The originals were combination helmet and backpack parts that covered up the great A7L printing and looked way too modern. These new helmets are from the City Space line and the backpacks are just the old knapsack w/bedroll in white. They’re still not perfect but I think they’re a definite improvement.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
That's funny, I did almost the same thing to mine, just using the white helmet and scuba tank.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

deoju posted:

Whipped up this guy real quick.

Who is that? I can't tell with the mask. :haw:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Davros1 posted:

Oh poo poo, it's Chuck Scarsdale. Hide or we're going to be on the news!

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Thanks for this, btw. All the pieces arrived today and he looks great. I ordered another head that I thought suited Columbo a little better though.

I also ordered alternate hands to replicate the ending of Suitable for Framing.

That is brilliant! I was hoping he'd have more of a role in the Lego City Undercover game after his cameo near the beginning, but he hasn't shown up again yet.

Any chance you could post a full parts list?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Prophet of Nixon posted:

That is brilliant! I was hoping he'd have more of a role in the Lego City Undercover game after his cameo near the beginning, but he hasn't shown up again yet.

Any chance you could post a full parts list?

You got it

Torso - 973pb0917c01
Hair - 25412
Serious head - 3626cpb0563
Dual sided smiling/frowning head - 3626cpb2067
Legs - 970c00/73200
Cigar (paintbrush with tip cut off) - 93552pb01

The trenchcoat came from eBay. I bought both Cream and Tan because I wasn’t sure which was which in the listing. There’s other listings out there, just search for “Lego trenchcoat”. I also trimmed a little off each side after fitting it on the figure because it looked a little big.

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

You got it

Torso - 973pb0917c01
Hair - 25412
Serious head - 3626cpb0563
Dual sided smiling/frowning head - 3626cpb2067
Legs - 970c00/73200
Cigar (paintbrush with tip cut off) - 93552pb01

The trenchcoat came from eBay. I bought both Cream and Tan because I wasn’t sure which was which in the listing. There’s other listings out there, just search for “Lego trenchcoat”. I also trimmed a little off each side after fitting it on the figure because it looked a little big.

Awesome, thanks!

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Davros1 posted:

That's Robin. He's the hero with the bright colors and wears a mask.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
Another for the space nerds: Ulysses Space Probe VIP reward set

1800 VIP points

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

1800 VIP points is worth around $20? Not bad.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Carbohydrates posted:

1800 VIP points

Ah dang it, and I'd already ordered the shuttle.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Carbohydrates posted:

1800 VIP points

That is...really underwhelming :(

Earth
Nov 6, 2009
I WOULD RATHER INSERT A $20 LEGO SET'S WORTH OF PLASTIC BRICKS INTO MY URETHRA THAN STOP TALKING ABOUT BEING A SCALPER.
College Slice

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

That is...really underwhelming :(

You are feeling about this set what I feel about every NASA set.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
More space ships for me then, losers. :colbert:

Echoing other's sentiments for some Soviet stuff though. Sputnik or Vostok seem like the obvious choices, really I just want some minifigs in those early suits.

How Disgusting
Feb 21, 2018

davebo posted:

I haven't noticed any MOCs on rebrickable for this so I figured I'd ask here. If my primary concern was to keep a lego train running at low speeds for as long as possible, would it be a decent improvement if I used the technic AA battery box? Maybe cutting the technic-linking edges off so it could fit in a train car easier. Trying to decide if I should be taking the plunge and learning stud.io then buying the parts I need for whatever I come up with, or just shoehorn this into something I frankenstein together with the loose parts I have.

It's down to either using lipo batteries or a cellphone power bank and a step up, depending on how much space you have inside the loco.

There's also off the shelf solutions like bluebrixx and circuitcubes, both of which have a lipo battery and a usb charger. I don't own any of them so I can't comment on those.

If you want to increase a locomotive's battery life, apply a liberal amount of lithium grease on all axles, bearings and gears. You will hear the difference immediately.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Lithium grease sounds like what I should be putting on my toast

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
Thanks for the tip, I'll give that a try.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

Carbohydrates posted:

1800 VIP points

USA only?

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Will that probe also fit in the cargo bay of the Discovery set? If so that makes it a lot cooler imo.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

deoju posted:

Will that probe also fit in the cargo bay of the Discovery set? If so that makes it a lot cooler imo.
Eyeballing it, looks like it should? Its widest point appears the same as the Hubble's widest point.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I just googled it, that probe was launched by the Discovery shuttle too. I bet it'll fit. On its own, it's pretty 'meh,' but as an add on its cool.

Luceo
Apr 29, 2003

As predicted in the Bible. :cheers:

Will buying Discovery generate enough points to get the Ulysses probe? If so, I might actually sign up. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

Luceo posted:

Will buying Discovery generate enough points to get the Ulysses probe? If so, I might actually sign up. :v:

About 1300 points for discovery