Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf

Grapplejack posted:

take his lips as a trophy

wear them, and soon you can become the homestuck

Be sure to change your text color to match his blood.

also be prepared to write the rest of Homestuck for us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Grapplejack posted:

take his lips as a trophy

wear them, and soon you can become the homestuck

the truth is that you were the homestuck all along

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
So I'm rereading Act 4 and just realized that Dave uses a snoop dogg letterhead for his birthday message to John.

Specifically Soul Plane Snoop Dogg letterhead. He retroactively loses all rights to call John's taste in movies bad.

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Rose: Sip martini thoughtfully.

Such as this one.

Just a tiny sip couldn't hurt...
Your grasp of irony is as limp as various other aspects of your person.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
No I'm sorry there's only so many layers of irony the human mind can erect to insulate itself, and no amount of ablative detachment can protect against the fact that Soul Plane is loving dreadful.

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Rose: Sip martini thoughtfully.

Such as this one.

Just a tiny sip couldn't hurt...
look its not that i disagree with you but striders

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
hey you gotta respect snoop man

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Tunicate posted:

What Pumpkin means well, but they obviously aren't very organized.

For instance, when I got shipped a HS #2 that was missing pages, they sent me a HS#1, told me to keep it, then sent me HS#2 for real,.

Did they bill you negative dollars for that?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

paranoid randroid posted:

No I'm sorry there's only so many layers of irony the human mind can erect to insulate itself, and no amount of ablative detachment can protect against the fact that Soul Plane is loving dreadful.

Cavatica
Nov 2, 2010

Paul.Power posted:

Was it 2 day shipping, or 2 day delivery? Because I know when I checked the FAQ it pointed out that delivery <> shipping (specifically, that just because the postal company will deliver it in that time, doesn't mean that the time doesn't take dispatching into account). I got a reply to my email at least, saying that they'd let me know when it shipped.

Yeah, I read that about their policy too, that the processing time does not factor exactly in with the shipping, "we're not like Amazon," etc. Unfortunately, and this ebbs more into pedantry than anything, if that's going to be your policy, then you should update the the language in your presumably automated confirmation email. The difference between "Has Been Processed" (what the language says now) and "Processing" would give them a fighting chance when it comes to any shipping disputes.

More than that, though is the fact that it took almost a month before they sent out any notification. Like, this isn't me on any stance saying that I'm super-pissed about it or anything, but that's kinda bad. I just want more than anything 1. only my shipping fee back, and 2. for What Pumpkin to get better at this in time for the game launch.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

jetz0r posted:

the truth is that you were the homestuck all along

No, jetz0r. You are the homestucks!

And then jetz0r was a fantroll.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

JohnnyCanuck posted:

The number of letters for the name is the right one. Now all he needs is a surname and a blood color!

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

JohnnyCanuck posted:

n...n.nnooo!

paradoxGentleman posted:

The number of letters for the name is the right one. Now all he needs is a surname and a blood color!

Blue, and my surname would b:suicide:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

jetz0r posted:

n...n.nnooo!

Blue, and my surname would b:suicide:

Obviously it'd be H1nd1burg

I mean come on

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Defeating Hussie makes no difference, you still have to go through Ryan North and possibly Radiation.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
Back in the early comic when Karkat was still giving John all kinds of poo poo I thought there was going to be a point where he saw somebody get hurt and learned humans had blood the same color as he did and it would be kind of a weird emotional moment for him. But Slick got that moment instead I guess?

I dunno just a random thought I had reading this discussion of...whatever is even going on in this thread anymore.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

paranoid randroid posted:

It's almost like you didn't read Problem Sleuth.
Almost.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Zoe posted:

Back in the early comic when Karkat was still giving John all kinds of poo poo I thought there was going to be a point where he saw somebody get hurt and learned humans had blood the same color as he did and it would be kind of a weird emotional moment for him.

That already happened.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
How did I miss the fact that the reason Jade was a narcoleptic was because Vriska was training her skills on her on my first readtrhough?

Ugh.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

WAR FOOT posted:

How did I miss the fact that the reason Jade was a narcoleptic was because Vriska was training her skills on her on my first readtrhough?

Ugh.

Vriska!

Always gotta be behind everything.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

WAR FOOT posted:

Ugh.

I missed that she was the one who led DD to Rose's Meow journal and the first Dead Dave.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
let's talk about ships

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Tollymain posted:

let's talk about ships

Let's talk about how Jane thinks Hercule Poirot is French, instead.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Tollymain posted:

let's talk about ships

Okay. I like the Condesce's ship a lot, but not as much as Grandpa Harley's.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I like Dad and RoseMom's ship.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Ariong posted:

Okay. I like the Condesce's ship a lot, but not as much as Grandpa Harley's.

I like the ships used by the prospitians. Solid gold flying space battleships? gently caress yeah.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Remember when WV was flying the dersite battleship away from skaia and Bec Noir showed up and WV was all like "grr!" and Bec blew the ship in half and it fell toward skaia and skaia sent it through a defense portal? That was cool.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

It's surprising how few pirate ships you see in Homestuck considering how much pirates screwed everyone over.

Ice_Mallet
Feb 22, 2011
Mindfang had pretty cool pirate ships, until Pyrope burned them down.

I think they're actually different from the one Vriska/Aranea/Meenah used for the treasure hunt.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
I think the ship they rode for the yellow inches is the most horrifying, can you imagine being stuck with Denizens for 3 years?

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
The Denizens were all dormant for the trip. Did you mean the Consorts, all the salamanders and crocodiles and stuff?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

WAR FOOT posted:

Ugh.

Wait what?

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Vriska can mind-control Trolls, but the only effect that she can have on Humans is to wake them up or put them to sleep. Jade, for the first 5 acts, appeared to be narcoleptic, going to sleep constantly, to the point that her grandpa made her a dreambot. This was important, because she woke up on Prospit early, giving her all kinds of insight into sburb.

Anyway, later we found out from a Vriska/Tavros conversation that Vriska felt she needed to practice her powers on humans, and every instance of Jade 'randomly' falling asleep was Vriska putting her to sleep.

quote:

AG: Practicing your a8ilities is important, so when it comes down to using them for something that really matters, you know you're ready for prime time.
AG: I know this first hand.
AG: I got lots and lots and LOTS of practice with your little guinea pig friend. ::::D

You'll note that her narcolepsy suddenly disappeared the moment Vriska was unable to observe her anymore.

Bobulus fucked around with this message at 14:04 on May 18, 2015

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Even I picked up on that, mostly because it was spelled out for me.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I just didn't remember a small couple lines that we're written years ago. Still, neat.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

I do wish we'd seen more of Mindfang's ship, but she's there to move Vriska's (and Terezi's) plot on, not to have a lengthier plot of her own. Anyway, pirate ships a+++.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

The cool Prospitian/Dersite battleships just make me wish we'd see more of their worlds and war, they're a really cool setting element and they seemed a lot more important in the first four acts. Presumably in a normal game of Sburb they'd take center-stage since the Black King is supposed to be the final boss, but ever since the Exiles were massacred they've become a sideshow at best.

There'll probably be enough of them left over to scrape together some kind of happy Can Town for the epilogue, but beyond PM, WV and the various Jacks (who is/are much more important than his role as a carapace person) none of the chess people really feel like people or carry any narrative weight - their lives don't seem to matter, and blowing up their planets and moons is just a ho-hum incidental occurrence. Even the ones who raised Roxy and escaped with her into the session seem more like her pets than people, and I'd be surprised if we're ever shown Roxy worrying about if they're okay or what will happen to them.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Dolash posted:

The cool Prospitian/Dersite battleships just make me wish we'd see more of their worlds and war, they're a really cool setting element and they seemed a lot more important in the first four acts. Presumably in a normal game of Sburb they'd take center-stage since the Black King is supposed to be the final boss, but ever since the Exiles were massacred they've become a sideshow at best.

One of my favorite things in the comic is the huge rook-monsters we see in... Jack: Descend I think? I liked the little detail of the princesses standing on top shooting bows at stuff and the idea that the carapace armies started as fairly straight forward chess analogs and gradually mutated into way-out stuff as the kids finished prototyping.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Gradually mutated into having always been that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

A thought occurs. It's probably a terrible idea to send the kid named English to go fight Spades Slick.