Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I spent an insane amount of my 370 orbs, and I'm now down to 140, but I got her! +SPD -DEF, which seems pretty good for having a Hone Dragons buddy. I'm so glad she's a fast dragon that can have good synergy with Myrrh.

That wasn't my only 5* though, that would have been dreadful. I also got my first Zelgius, who is +SPD -RES, making him better than the Black Knight I've been using this whole time in every way. Well, if you ignore the fact that I gave Black Knight Wrath, that is. I'll likely train him up and start using him over him, but Black Knight's years of service won't go unappreciated, and hey someday I might need the defensive Steady Stance over the offensive Fierce Stance.

I also got another Brave Lyn, who I'm most likely going to merge. Swift Sparrow would be nice to give to someone, sure, but Lyn's such a core part of everything I do in this game, I feel like I have to merge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

I put Swift Sparrow on Caeda, it is nice, but I really need a +Att Caeda. I think I got rid of someone without looking at them pre-weapon refinery. Hope there weren't any good ones.

took me two full stamina bars but beat infernal Robin with my Flier Emblem team.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
E: ^^ I am in the same boat, with a +Spd Caeda with swift sparrow. But I have been very impressed in how well she does shred.

About 110 orbs into the Legendary banner and I've gotten:
+atk-def Brave Lyn
+atk-res Gunnthra
+res-spd Fjorm
and about 100 Setsuna's.

Still a very good start and I'm switching to just colorless hell pulling now.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I don’t even want to replace my +SPD Caeda with a +ATK version since doubling is so important for her and a lack of attack is easier to fix than speed (and she does plenty of damage to armors and cavalry anyway)

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I've never really had problems doubling with my +atk Caeda tbh. She's already one of the faster heroes in the game, I think she'll be fine at neutral.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I also got my first of a few 4* heroes while pulling, including Roy (wow), Male Morgan (didn't even check stats, meh), Sothe (bad nature, probably will give LaD to Soleil), and Rebecca (:confuoot: as the other poster). I think the only other 4* hero I'd really want at the moment is L'Arachel, and a good-natured Sothe cause I would actually promote and use him.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

ChaosArgate posted:

I've never really had problems doubling with my +atk Caeda tbh. She's already one of the faster heroes in the game, I think she'll be fine at neutral.

I’m not planning on multimerging her so it’s often +0 or +1 Caeda vs. a +10 enemy and at that every point of speed counts. I often run into poo poo like 40-44 speed Amelias and it’s Caeda’s job to kill those.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Oh if we're talking about non-merged against multi-merges, then yeah I can see your point.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Alxprit posted:

I think the only other 4* hero I'd really want at the moment is L'Arachel, and a good-natured Sothe cause I would actually promote and use him.

Never turn your nose up at a good Barst or Severa, almost every single unit you ever use will want Repo

Also I'd trade my kingdom for a couple Shannas now that I have a couple units who could really use Desperation 3

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
i'm holding onto my feathers for now in case any of the thracia folks will want QR3 and i need to 5* multiple subakis

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
i got a crapton of Rebeccas for some reason from this banner and I have no idea what to do with her glowy eyes

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

ChaosArgate posted:

Oh if we're talking about non-merged against multi-merges, then yeah I can see your point.

That’s how AA always ends up being when your first team is way higher scoring than the rest of your units

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Did my free pull hoping to do a green, got no greens, did a pull on colorless, got kitty sakura #2

this is like a microcosm of every legendary banner for me

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

loquacius posted:

Never turn your nose up at a good Barst or Severa, almost every single unit you ever use will want Repo

Also I'd trade my kingdom for a couple Shannas now that I have a couple units who could really use Desperation 3

Definitely, but I didn't get a single Selena when I pulled today. I was more talking along the lines of 4* units I still didn't own, or didn't get well in any capacity. Hopefully next time there's a cool red or green focus I can get enough fodder to keep myself well-set.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Razzle Dazzle was the backbone of my tactics for Infernal. It doesn't quite trivialize things but it certainly makes things easy.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
So far the Grima banner has netted me a -Res, +HP Sakura and a +Spd, -Def BLyn. On the spring banner my free orbs got me Kagero... the OG Kagero :eng99:

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

A bit over 100 orbs, and not as single 5* came to me, let alone GrimmaF. I'm not disappointed because the legendary banner turned into a Klein banner for me. 20 orbs per Klein makes up for the total lack of 5*. Somehow, I had to use Ninian to finish off GrimmaF in Inferno. None of my other dragons could tank a double+bonfire from GrimmaF, but Ninian+hone dragons could double GrimmaF instead.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Got Grima F, my first Tailtiu in 95 orbs and more 4* L'arachels than one person needs.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

I got Fjorm off my free pull and I don't even know why I pulled on blue so I'm trying to decide whether to go back

E: Do I want my base Fjorm to be +spd/-def or neutral? Fjorm being in the 30ish speed zone is awkward

Elyv fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Mar 29, 2018

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

I spent 80 orbs, and got Brave Lyn and two Sakuras. I'm fine with this, but only because female Grima has a battle against her to get rid of the question mark in the herodex, and that's really all I wanted Grima for.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The only banner I really want at this point is 4* banner with Marth but I feel like that isn't very likely as the only real skills he has are pivot and escape route which are neither rare or especially desireable

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

BlazeEmblem posted:

I spent 80 orbs, and got Brave Lyn and two Sakuras. I'm fine with this, but only because female Grima has a battle against her to get rid of the question mark in the herodex, and that's really all I wanted Grima for.

You could have just fought her in the BHB and she'll get added to the herodex as a silhouette.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

mabels big day posted:

Just need QR3 and he's done. GHBs can't go in the Be the Change part of the OP, can they?
Why hello, I see that you too are also a person of such an esteemed character to appreciate true beauty when it presents itself to you. For your consideration:

(Yes, I did sacrifice a Kitty Sakura to make this). Until F!Morgan came along, he was my best RES wall, and he still is incredibly good at it. I look forward to the days where there's an all-mage team on an AA because it means it's an easy win. Just plop him down and have the enemy team behold him.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

ApplesandOranges posted:

You could have just fought her in the BHB and she'll get added to the herodex as a silhouette.

Er...

BlazeEmblem posted:

I think you missed half of my post.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Roger Explosion posted:

Why hello, I see that you too are also a person of such an esteemed character to appreciate true beauty when it presents itself to you. For your consideration:

(Yes, I did sacrifice a Kitty Sakura to make this). Until F!Morgan came along, he was my best RES wall, and he still is incredibly good at it. I look forward to the days where there's an all-mage team on an AA because it means it's an easy win. Just plop him down and have the enemy team behold him.

Beautiful. Kill a f!morgan for blarserpent

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Lunatic took me almost an entire stamina bar but the team I came up with two shot infernal

ATiki/Ninian/PAzura/BCordelia

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

mabels big day posted:

Beautiful. Kill a f!morgan for blarserpent
Shine+ is way more beautiful than Blarserpent+, so no.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

cheetah7071 posted:

Lunatic took me almost an entire stamina bar but the team I came up with two shot infernal

ATiki/Ninian/PAzura/BCordelia
How did you do this? I've tried over and over with this team but either someone manages to get around to BCordelia to kill her or a blue unit reaches Tiki and kills her.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Roger Explosion posted:

Shine+ is way more beautiful than Blarserpent+, so no.

True. Owls are birds and Herons are birds so thats pretty beautiful to run Blarowl, imo

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

InspectorCarbonara posted:

How did you do this? I've tried over and over with this team but either someone manages to get around to BCordelia to kill her or a blue unit reaches Tiki and kills her.

merge your tiki to +10, make her +def and give her steady breath and aether

She won't ever handle the blue manakete but the cavalier wasn't any problem for a super tiki. A non-super tiki might be insufficient

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Almost got my AA run ended by a Reinhardt because I didn't expect the Blarblade/Close Counter build and I was about to attack into him while he had a full set of horse buffs. I imagine they get a lot of defense wins from people who see Rein and assume it has to be a Dire Thunder build.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Weapon Workout quests using random characters from an empty brigade in Rival Domains is pretty fun, not gonna lie. It's fun to look at these good and these bad characters and see how I can adapt them.

I know the refinements are random, but if you're gonna be a random Genny, please don't be Double Wrathful. That was funny but sad.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Oh sweet, my Cat Sakura is +spd/-def.

That sounds really good.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

BlazeEmblem posted:

Oh sweet, my Cat Sakura is +spd/-def.

That sounds really good.

She'll make really good Guard fodder

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

who wants Guard, anyway. I was going to merge mine but Guard 3 seems handy just don't know who.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

rannum posted:

who wants Guard, anyway. I was going to merge mine but Guard 3 seems handy just don't know who.
Really tanky units/mixed tanks like Sheena can take advantage of it, but then you can't give them QR and there's only one QR seal. I guess it could be good on units that are both tanky and fast, but there aren't too many of those around. It's one of those skills that would see a lot more use if they made it into a seal.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Retcon posted:

Really tanky units/mixed tanks like Sheena can take advantage of it, but then you can't give them QR and there's only one QR seal. I guess it could be good on units that are both tanky and fast, but there aren't too many of those around. It's one of those skills that would see a lot more use if they made it into a seal.

or a C Skill
B skills just have too many options. And all the fancy options have to compete with the pretty good budget options!

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010

mabels big day posted:

She'll make really good Guard fodder

If she were to be foddered I'd go for kitty paddle over guard, personally.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Does Myrrh really want Atk/Res bond, or is there something better for her A skill? Distant Counter seems like it would be really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Does Myrrh really want Atk/Res bond, or is there something better for her A skill? Distant Counter seems like it would be really good.

DC is the standard by which all other A skills are judged for Myrrh