Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

BrandNew posted:

Wait so why the gently caress does that guy stab her with the tire iron after thinking shes dead?

He didn't think she was dead.

He shouts, "She wasn't dead!" right after stabbing her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?

wormil posted:

He didn't think she was dead.

He shouts, "She wasn't dead!" right after stabbing her.

I think it was more "She Wasn't Dead?"

As to why? Who knows, maybe the movie will explain it better. They where all looking for sharp objects to dismember her anyway, maybe this was his bright idea.

HankMcCoy
Jul 26, 2006
Never trust the White man driving the Black van, he's saving all his voodoo for you

Ape Agitator posted:

He thought he was in a zombie movie?

god, that would elevate that movie to sheer genius - just by having the guy say something like "She's not dead? Is she a zombie? should i stab her in the head just to be sure?"

thingfromtheswamp
Feb 25, 2009
This is gory... in a clayish kinda way:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6d-tNXxTRBA&NR=1

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

The city is alive tonight

LeechCode5 posted:

As for H2, I'm hoping it'll be good. I really don't care for the Halloween remake. I gave it another viewing the other day to see if it'd grow on me, but I liked it even less. I liked some of the casting (McDowell as Loomis was an excellent choice), and the overall look of the film, but the bad outweighed the good in my opinion. I didn't mind the changes made, I just didn't like how they were handled. But hey, maybe this one will make up for it.

Fortunately, Rob realized the mistakes he made on the first movie and wants to improve that in the second. The biggest gripe was that he tried to pack way too much into Halloween (it's like three mini-movies in one) and he said that was a mistake. Hopefully it'll be like HO1KC and Rejects where he matures in between.

There are a lot of cool behind-the-scenes photos on this blog.

Fear my robot head.
Jul 4, 2007

THERE IS A SANTY CLAUSE!

Secks posted:

Fortunately, Rob realized the mistakes he made on the first movie and wants to improve that in the second. The biggest gripe was that he tried to pack way too much into Halloween (it's like three mini-movies in one) and he said that was a mistake. Hopefully it'll be like HO1KC and Rejects where he matures in between.

I think Rob Zombie's biggest mistake was trying to make a Halloween movie in the first place.

Zombie is great at exploring the inner workings of his own sleazy little universe of serial killer carnival folk. But that's not Halloween.

The whole deal with Halloween was that Michael Myers was a nondescript kid from a nondescript family who lived in a nondescript suburb. Then he killed his sister and nobody knew why. Then he came back to kill again. But still, nobody knew why.

The movie's effectiveness lies in the "Oh, gently caress, this could happen where I live!" feeling that it gives the viewer. When you take the movie out of the regular, boring suburbs and put it into Rob Zombie's Planet of the Rednecks, where even the cheerleaders love Slayer*, it doesn't work.

I think the very concept of Rob Zombie's Halloween is fundamentally flawed. I don't think it can be improved.

*To me, this little detail was the thing that really stuck out and showed that Zombie has no idea how to handle "normal" characters. Cheerleaders don't listen to Slayer, Rob. I don't care if they live in the suburbs just outside of Hell City, Hell. They just don't.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Slasherfan posted:

I think it was more "She Wasn't Dead?"

As to why? Who knows, maybe the movie will explain it better. They where all looking for sharp objects to dismember her anyway, maybe this was his bright idea.

Take it for what it's worth but according to a post on IMDB, some guy claims in the set notes the idea was to puncture the lungs/body cavity so it wouldn't float when it fills with gases. Don't know if the set notes part is true but it makes about as much sense as anything else.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Just putting this out there, "Graduation Day" is the best slasher in history. You can get it on Netflix instant queue and I have to recommend it. It's so loving funny all the way through.

Also I've been going through all of the Masters of Horror. While there are only like two or three good ones, most of the rest are just hilarious, like Jenifer.

PsychoGoatee
Feb 23, 2005

by Fistgrrl

weekly font posted:

Also I've been going through all of the Masters of Horror. While there are only like two or three good ones, most of the rest are just hilarious, like Jenifer.

I love the Dario Argento one with Meat Loaf, "Pelts". Insane and hilarious.

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

We watched our friends grow up together
And we saw them as they fell
Some of them fell into Heaven
Some of them fell into Hell
Both of the Landis episodes-- Deer Woman and Family-- are fantastic and hilarious as well.

The Remote Viewer
Jul 9, 2001
Oh God, kill me. I'm watching 'His Name Is Jason' and Kane Hodder has the Insane Clown Posse hatchetman around his neck.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
I think it quasi counts but I caught the UK film The Children last night and it wasn't bad at all. A bit gory and slasher-y enough to be mentioned in this thread and will certainly justify goony opinion that children are the spawn of satan.
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt1172571/

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

The city is alive tonight

The Remote Viewer posted:

Oh God, kill me. I'm watching 'His Name Is Jason' and Kane Hodder has the Insane Clown Posse hatchetman around his neck.

Yeah he had that on at a convention I went to. (Un)luckily I snapped a picture right when some shithead was talking to him about it.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?
There is a slasher movie coming out here in May called Tormented, it's about a gruop of teenagers who bully some fat nerdy kid to the point he commits suicide. Months later he returns from the grave for revenge.
Could be interesting but it's going to be hard to warn to a bunch of characters that bullied someone to death.Here is offical UK website with not much on it.
http://www.tormentedthemovie.com/

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755

The Remote Viewer posted:

Maybe he just likes the symbol, being as how he's made a career of being a man with a hatchet.

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

This isn't a slasher, but since our general horror discussion thread is probably long gone at this point, I'll bring it up here. Any of you guys heard of a flick going straight to DVD in a couple weeks called The Burrowers? It's a creature flick set in the old American west. Oh, and it has Clancy Brown. Fangoria has a nice article about it in the current issue, and the buzz surrounding it seems to be very positive.

Dread Central has the trailer posted here

Here is a description of the plot:

quote:

In case you aren't sure, the plot for The Burrowers goes like this: "It is 1879 in the Dakota Territories. A handful of brave pioneers maintain isolated settlements in the badlands beyond civilization. Irish Immigrant Fergus Coffey is near to winning the hand of his beloved Maryanne when she is suddenly taken from him, her family brutally abducted in a nighttime attack on their homestead. Suspicion falls immediately on hostile Indians. Experienced Indian fighters Will Parcher and John Clay form a posse and set out to rescue the kidnapped settlers, taking along a naïve teenager hoping to prove himself a man, an ex-slave looking to find his place in the world and their ranch-hand, Coffey. But as men vanish in the night and horrific evidence accumulates with the dead and dying, the group discovers that their prey is far more terrifying than anything human, and their prospects are far more terrible than death.

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

Tremors 4: The Legend Begins?

Come And See fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Apr 2, 2009

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

Rorschach is the new Freddy Krueger.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
Anyone hear of a TV series airing on CBS April 9th called Harper's Island? It sounds interesting, it's supposed to play out like a slasher movie with someone on an island killing off a family during a wedding. You aren't going to find out who the killer is until the final. It's only going to be 13 episodes but if they do it right it should be awesome.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
Yeah, that's going to be interesting to see what tone they take. My intial reaction was that it was a basic interpretation of Agatha Christie's Indians but maybe they'll go with a darker slashy route.

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

Here's a one-page from Fangoria on the show, if anyone's interested.

Also, Jackie Earle Haley as the new Freddie actually goes a long way to giving me more confidence in this remake.

e: Here's a longer promo for Harper's Island (if you want to go in knowing as little as humanly possible, then you should probably skip it).

I'm actually looking forward to this. I really, really hope it's good.

Also, seeing as how the show is this week, does anyone want to go ahead an create a thread for it so we can start to get some awareness going before Thursday? If no one else wants to, I could put one together. But if somebody is already working on something, I don't want to step on any toes.

UncleMonkey fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Apr 5, 2009

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

UncleMonkey posted:

Here's a one-page from Fangoria on the show, if anyone's interested.

Also, Jackie Earle Haley as the new Freddie actually goes a long way to giving me more confidence in this remake.

e: Here's a longer promo for Harper's Island (if you want to go in knowing as little as humanly possible, then you should probably skip it).

I'm actually looking forward to this. I really, really hope it's good.

Also, seeing as how the show is this week, does anyone want to go ahead an create a thread for it so we can start to get some awareness going before Thursday? If no one else wants to, I could put one together. But if somebody is already working on something, I don't want to step on any toes.

I think that promo was before the reshoots and recasting on Harper's Island. I think it's from the original pilot episode.

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

TV IV thread for Harper's Island is here.

creepyguy
Oct 26, 2006

10:s:J:s:Q:s:K:s:

Didn't FOX already do a show like this? Murder in Town X or something like that?

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
Trailer for Tormented. Looks very... Meh....

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Super Dan posted:

Rorschach is the new Freddy Krueger.

Wow. If that's true, that's just about perfect casting. I mean, Freddy will always be Robert Englund for me, but after seeing Haley do a great, scary job playing a morally ambiguous Travis Bickle style vigilante, I'd love to see what he does with a character set firmly in "serial killer" territory.

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

So Dread Central now has two separate reviews up for Laid to Rest up-- one by Heather and one by Uncle Creepy. Both give the movie 4/5. I'm really looking forward to checking this out.

http://www.dreadcentral.com/reviews/laid-rest-dvd
http://www.dreadcentral.com/reviews/laid-rest-2009

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

UncleMonkey posted:

So Dread Central now has two separate reviews up for Laid to Rest up-- one by Heather and one by Uncle Creepy. Both give the movie 4/5. I'm really looking forward to checking this out.

http://www.dreadcentral.com/reviews/laid-rest-dvd
http://www.dreadcentral.com/reviews/laid-rest-2009

I can't trust the opinion of someone that praises Hatchet and bashes the Ft13th remake in the same review (Hatchet was terrible).

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Darko posted:

I can't trust the opinion of someone that praises Hatchet and bashes the Ft13th remake in the same review (Hatchet was terrible).

I had this same cringe. I'm really looking forward to this but I hated both Hatchet and the Friday remake.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
Bloody Disgusting got the trailer up for Wrong Turn 3, this looks C R A Z Y
http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/bdtv/Player.php?id=2920

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Slasherfan posted:

Wrong Turn 2 was fun and actually surprised the hell out of me.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Darko posted:

Wrong Turn 1 was fun and actually surprised the hell out of me, too.

HankMcCoy
Jul 26, 2006
Never trust the White man driving the Black van, he's saving all his voodoo for you

Darko posted:

I'm with yea, when I first heard they were making a sequel to Wrong Turn I was pretty apathetic. But drat did that movie rock. I have recommended that flick to so many people and they all agree that it was more fun then it should have been. Seriously, the best Straight-to-dvd horror movie.

This trailer, I dunno - got some cool looking kills and some nice T/A but kinda cheap looking. Its also not the same director of 2

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Slasherfan posted:

I'll see it just because Wrong Turn 2 was so awesome.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
Is it the same team that made the second?

Sadly Lionsgate won't be greenlighting a sequel to 'My Bloody Valentine', which is a shame, particularly as the Director supposedly had a great idea for a sequel. Here's hoping the film does great on Home release and they change their mind.

And what the hell. I'm watching Harper's Island now so seeing that promo was fun. But how do you replace Bill Pullman with Harry Hamlin?

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
A bootleg copy of the Halloween 2 trailer has hit youtube but it's hard to hear/see so I only watched a few seconds of it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ws0vSHPBMc4&feature=player_embedded

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
Here is the proper trailer for Halloween 2, holy poo poo it looks bad. Seems like they are turning Michael Myers into Jason Voorhees.
http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810061258/trailer

Any way to change the title of the thread into just Slasher Thread now that F13th and MBV have come and gone?

Slasherfan fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Apr 24, 2009

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

If Zombie let someone else write his films and not shove Sheri Moon into everything his films would be a hell of a lot better.

Also he could have at least let Myers keep the mask, it's just rotted away to nothing now.

American_Monkey
Jun 22, 2003

The trailer wasn't looking too bad until Sheri Moon popped up. Do we really need more backstory on Michael's motivation for killing? I was one of the people who liked the first one (I know, I know...) and I didn't mind the messed up childhood angle he added into it, but this just looks goofy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome Andy
Feb 18, 2007

All the spoils of a wasted life
What is with directors inserting their girlfriends into every movie they make regardless of whether it makes sense or will improve the film?