Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

My cousin tried to convince me to play WoW because he thought I would find the auction house interesting as an economics graduate. Rofl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUV2t4nJSB0

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Space-Pope posted:

speaking of which i signed up for fall classes today, so im officially going back to school :)

reading this as 'signing up for fail classes' and I wondered why you weren't teaching it

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Lol.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

^go back to fapchan you idiots

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

TOOT BOOT posted:

reading this as 'signing up for fail classes' and I wondered why you weren't teaching it
gonna write my doctoral thesis on shitposting and being tired all the time

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

^go back to fapchan you idiots

good to see one of your old avs back

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

hubris.height posted:

it's the only environment that erp survives in anymore ain't it? let them pay 110 bucks a year to e-gently caress

wtf is erp

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

Yodzilla posted:

wtf is erp
an electronic burp

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Yodzilla posted:

wtf is erp

enterprise resource planning

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

My cousin tried to convince me to play WoW because he thought I would find the auction house interesting as an economics graduate. Rofl.

i'm sure theres much to be learned about what nerds do with pretend money
thats why i call for a case study into bitcoins

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

zonar posted:

whats with all the giant avs in the pos today

if you pm ozma today she'll upload you one :shrug:

still gotta buy the av change or have it bought for you, though

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

corn in the bible posted:

if you pm ozma today she'll upload you one :shrug:

still gotta buy the av change or have it bought for you, though

is the kb limit still in effect?
can this get crazy?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Liver Disaster posted:

is the kb limit still in effect?
can this get crazy?

i think the size limit she is going with is 180x300, so it won't break tables, and 70kb size limit

so you can go kind of crazy, but not too crazy.

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

post the demand curve for ur posts

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Gonna have to ask the byob folk to return from whence they came. No hard feelings but we can't have the sort of people who post their dicks in GBS making GBS threads up the joint.

ive been gbs-free for a few months already

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

Yodzilla posted:

wtf is erp

effective refractory period, it's governed by the contractility of the heart muscle in response to calcium reuptake by serca pumps. real exciting stuff

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

don't be a bitch scrub and confuse it with arp or i'm going to give you the ol "mayo clinic smile"

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Yodzilla posted:

wtf is erp

erotic role play. seriously lol if you do this in wow, you keep no logs and also you pay for it. just use some imagination scrubs

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

ANIME MONSTROSITY posted:

erotic role play. seriously lol if you do this in wow, you keep no logs and also you pay for it. just use some imagination scrubs

as opposed to second life

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

as opposed to second life

second life is a slut, it needs to learn to leave room for the holy ghost

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bNz3noDZQM

:lol::catstare::lol:

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
man origin is the shits

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Space-Pope posted:

video games peaked in 2001 when treasure created their magnum opus, ikaruga

ur a nerd

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

Space-Pope posted:

video games peaked in 2001 when treasure created their magnum opus, ikaruga

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MjqFY4I9Zc

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

SmokaDustbowl posted:

man origin is poo poo

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
sorry that i have good taste in my electronic entertainment :smug:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Space-Pope posted:

sorry that i have good taste in my electronic entertainment :smug:

if you think ikaruga is entertaining you have literal brain problems but i guess that works for you so idk - congrats?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Jerry Cotton posted:

if you think ikaruga is entertaining you have literal brain problems but i guess that works for you so idk - congrats?

uh yeah sometimes art is challenging

like ikaruga, or schindler's list

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Pinterest Mom posted:

you're jacking off to ikaruga?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

uhh i mean

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Pinterest Mom posted:

the comparison of the last century

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

Pinterest Mom posted:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
c ps+ js: finally got around to trying binary domain. it's not bad per se but it's like they took vanquish then stripped out absolutely everything that made vanquish fantastic. also fyi mgs:rr is on sale for $15 for ps+ starting today, in the golden sale going on which has a ton of decent sales otherwise

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Kenny Logins posted:

c ps+ js: finally got around to trying binary domain. it's not bad per se but it's like they took vanquish then stripped out absolutely everything that made vanquish fantastic. also fyi mgs:rr is on sale for $15 for ps+ starting today, in the golden sale going on which has a ton of decent sales otherwise

just wait until the pc version drops in price

binary domain is cool for how armor flakes off robots and limb removal kinda works. also big bo

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

duckfarts posted:

binary domain is cool for how armor flakes off robots and limb removal kinda works. also big bo

this post was SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

duckfarts posted:

probably just going to wait for mgs:rr to go free for ps+ which should be soon enough as it already did in eu

one thing i do like about bd (besides bo) is that headshots are worth ++ moneys but also give you a temporary ally. not usually a big deal but great to do on minigun users

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
almost finished remember me

its got character, and honestly it is not terrible in the writing department for a game (this is not praise). the mechanics of memory are sometimes lol worthy, but on the whole the story sticks together and the characters have motivation. the fact that you change peoples memories to believe people are dead or have died that have no died and are not dead doesn't really hold up, or the time when you change her mothers memories so she doesn't blame the main character for a car crash kinda leave you going 'what thats dumb' but its neat and on the whole much better than the grindy combat.

the combat is a slog, with some encounters requiring the use of a skill with a 2 minute cooldown to beat an enemy. you can use some of the combos to reduce to cooldown but you have to land combos and if you take any damage from attacks the combo breaks and you have to start over. you can dodge easily but 80% of the time dodging also breaks your combo.

its fun but the combat could have used some changing imho. will post about the ending tonight or tomorrow.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

because flying means they skip 90% of the intended game and do surgical strikes to grind quests instead of playing

plus flying means that someone can just drop in and attack you out of nowhere and then you can hit them with any CC and fly away any time

it was the dumbest idea and im glad other games are in no hurry to replicate it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

ANIME MONSTROSITY posted:

why are there more expansions. who buys this samey poo poo

the anime game lover posted unironically

• Locked thread