Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!
Before you use my upcoming silence as an excuse to yell "HUURRRR LURKER SCUM" I'm about to go to bed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

:coolfish:
Maybe you haven't noticed, but I haven't called anyone scum for being a lurker all game (like isn't that what you're literally trying to argue, that me and the lurkers are scum?). I like to go by what people post, not when they post and it's irritating that you're putting words in my mouth.

And if this was all somehow some trap to 'catch' me then unfortunately you're focusing on the wrong person. I'm not 'defending' Hiip, I'm super suspicious of YOU, maybe because you're being particularly aggressive in trying to guide me into doing what you want.

But I can recognize that it could be a town tactic. Really, I don't loving know anymore. I'm still not voting because this game is a clusterfuck and I don't feel confident in my judgement.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
Hey guys let's all ##unvote before scums go in and snipe the lynch, since they only need one townie to get a lynch this round.
I'll make a rebuttal to all the arguments later today when I come back from school.

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!
I notice you didn't unvote. If you were town the scum would have lynched you as soon as I voted, so it's pretty obvious you're scum

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Pez posted:

It's a scum strategy all right

actually its a strategy for both sides but YEAh SCUM

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Pez posted:

I notice you didn't unvote. If you were town the scum would have lynched you as soon as I voted, so it's pretty obvious you're scum
Because there's no way that scum can attempt to lead the way to a lynch
EXCEPT,

Pez posted:

Why is everyone voting for Kerro? Fathis Munk is the one that's being suspicious, talking all murdery one minute and peaceful the next. Not to mention stumbling over his post syntax. Rock the vote!

##vote Fathis Munk

Kerro posted:

So, ##vote Gabriel Pope

blacknyte posted:

##vote Dragonatrix

The Carpet Shark posted:

Oh poo poo, I just realized something but I don't think I can explain it.

##voteDragonatrix

HiipFire posted:

I'm just gonna ##vote AtrociousToaster while you guys figure out that the only thing I did that is 'scummy' is lurking in D1.
idk if AT tried to lead the vote but im guessing he probably did idk

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

##vote hiipfire

blacknyte
Oct 13, 2014
##vote HiipFire

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

:redhammer:

woooo, gg bread dudes.

blacknyte
Oct 13, 2014
:redhammer:

Votecount for Day 4

HiipFire (4): Pez, Kerro, AtrociousToaster, blacknyte

Not Voting (3): Epsilon Plus, HiipFire, The Carpet Shark

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to lunch. There is currently no deadline set.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
called it

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
HAHA NOW I CAN EDIT POSTS WITH NO REPRECUSSIONS

HiipFire fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Oct 29, 2014

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

HiipFire posted:

HAHA NOW I CAN EDIT POSTS WITH NO REPRECUSSIONS

WAY TO TELL EVERYBODY TO SIGN UP FOR A FULL GAME, JERK.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
IM SORRY I DIDNT KNOW IT WAS FULL
BUT GUESS WHAT

Somberbrero posted:

You can have my spot, enjoy!

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

GOOD, YOU'RE NOT A JERK ANYMORE.

But cool, sounds fun to play a game with some more roles. I hope I get to be a townie next time. My lack of posting in here was mostly cause I overanalyzed the poo poo out of every post I typed trying to see if it seemed scummy and then often deciding against posting. I think having some experience being an actual town player would make it easier to be active and pretend to be town.

e: vvv Sorry, didn't realize that was a rule. I'll shut up now.

Jato fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Oct 29, 2014

blacknyte
Oct 13, 2014
Let the mod end the game before talking please.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

It's over! It's probably pretty clear what happened at this point but

blacknyte, AtrociousToaster and Kerro were butter aligned. Kerro was a roleblocker and everybody else in the game was bland.

Thanks for playing.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

That was really bad, 0 scum died haha.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Also, from page one:

Dragonatrix posted:

this is BREADfia no place for toast here or the making thereof!

##vote AtrociousToaster

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zrtl41oZxOA

Fast Luck posted:

So, does anyone just want to come out and admit to being butter? Might be a good idea, if you want to save Kerro.

##vote Kerro

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Atrocious Toaster was actually my #1 scum suspect after I died but I had no clue on the other two. All the scum got away with it! Kerro and blacknyte were posting and not lurking too much so that was also a good job by them. blacknyte was sort of weird so I kind of wrote him off mistakenly. I'd have to go back and read some Kerro posts, but seems like Kerro did a pretty good job posing as a town trying to catch scum. I thought about signing up for the fruits and veggies game but after posting so high volume as earnest town this game I feel like I'd never be able to play scum convincingly. And my town posting was really inaccurate anyway! The only time I was on point was basically D0 hahaha.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Yeah, well played. Kerro was the only one I really suspected (even at the end), but D2 I didn't want to risk another no-lynch by stirring the pot any more so I kept my mouth shut. :( blacknyte using my death to campaign for Dragonatrix should have tipped me off but I also wrote him off as being weird and also possibly a robot.

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

Fast Luck posted:

Atrocious Toaster was actually my #1 scum suspect after I died but I had no clue on the other two.
Curious what made you think me at that point. Was it just me being bad and lurking or something specific I did?

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

The Carpet Shark - page 1 posted:

Atrocious Toaster - Cool

This is going on my resume.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

AtrociousToaster posted:

Curious what made you think me at that point. Was it just me being bad and lurking or something specific I did?
It was after Dragonatrix flipped town and I looked at who voted for him, and the timing of the votes, that I became convinced. If I would have still been alive and had to actually write a case I may not have even been able to write a good one, but since I was dead all I did was pm MMM and say "dang im disappointed i got eaten in the night because im like really sure toaster is scum." Then he asked who else I thought was scum and I said Epsilon and not sure maybe hiipfire, so the fact that I was right about you may have really just been luck of the draw and not anything you even did.

I was sure Carpet and Pez were town while reading them going at each other last night and it was really frustrating I couldn't say anything haha.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I wanted to PM my boy gabriel my thoughts after I died but im not sure if that would've been allowed? I mentioned to MMM i think a "dead townie chat" doc would be fun if enough dead towns would ever be interested.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
I thought about messaging you too, haha. My list after D2 was Kerro, Pez, and Carpet Shark, until the point like you said where Pez and Shark started fighting. Kerro and Pez both seemed too fixated on Fathis, and Kerro and Shark were both posting just enough to appear helpful without really contributing much.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Carpet had the big chart of who had mentioned who and that was pretty townie and high effort, and when they acknowledged the cop thing was a misread of blacknyte (which is what I suspected it was) I felt they were pretty high probability town. Pez just seemed town all along to me, I fought to stop that lynch before I died, so I guess there were a few things I was right about, but all in all I probably would have been just as accurate flipping a coin.

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

Scumdoc for anyone interested .

blacknyte
Oct 13, 2014
I am a native English speaker. I am not from China nor are any of my relatives. I have never been to China.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
drat

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

blacknyte posted:

I am a native English speaker. I am not from China nor are any of my relatives. I have never been to China.

But how do you respond to allegations of you being a robot?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

AtrociousToaster posted:

Scumdoc for anyone interested .
Some good strategizing in there. :)

blacknyte
Oct 13, 2014

AtrociousToaster posted:

But how do you respond to allegations of you being a robot?

I am a robot.

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

Fast Luck posted:

Some good strategizing in there. :)

Are you mocking my dumb ideas? :downs:

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

blacknyte posted:

:golfclap: Well played. Did you actually spend :10bux: just for the sake of a Mafia gimmick, though?

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
I'm kinda suprised that blacknyte ended up being scum, I had my money on an AT, Kerro and Pez Scum Team

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

AtrociousToaster posted:

Are you mocking my dumb ideas? :downs:
Nah I enjoyed the read. Also this comment from Blacknyte:

I think it's a common tendency for scum to want to bus other scum to try to set themselves up down the line. In this game, I don't think that is needed. Look at the discussion so far. Without a cop investigation that seals the deal on one of us directly, I think we have a good chance of a perfect scum victory here.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Yeah dead people don't really need to hold off on messaging each other by the way.

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

I really did think the scum team consisted of some combination of Kerro, AT, Pez, and blacknyte at the end but I would have switched of AT for blacknyte instead of Pez. God drat it, that is really frustrating.

I'm sorry for being so aggressive Pez.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

Aw, thanks AT, I think you're cool too!

• Locked thread