Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Hot 0 Cold -1 Volatile 2 Dark 1
Harm 2/4 Experience 0/5 Conditions Dances with Wolves, Terrified.

When we return back to the roof I don't even get up. There's nothing I can do to fix it and I hurt Cally in my anger. I'm not better than anyone else. Just a stupid violent animal. I lost my friends. I've lost my peace too. I can't think of a reason to even bother getting up. Maybe the rain will pool on the roof and I can just drown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

Hot 2, Cold 1, Volatile -1, Dark 1
Harm 1/4 | Experience 3/5 | Conditions: Shameless, Head Trauma

I knock the additional tylenol back. "I don't know what happened," I say. It's the truth. Not only do I not remember what happened, I can't even piece together what happened to lead up to me knocking my head. My memories just fade, like someone slowly dimming the stage lights until you can't see what's happening. It has something to do with Frank, but...huh. "Nothing like this has ever happened to me before." I shake my head. "There is a lot of trouble to be attracting," I add, "although you may be right."

There is an awkward pause.

"I'm sorry for how I acted earlier. I just...this school is very different. I'm having trouble adjusting."

Zurui fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Aug 29, 2015

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

Harm 1/4 | Experience 3/5 | Conditions: Shameless, Head Trauma

My head hurts even more, but I look back on the events of today (and yesterday), trying to think myself forward, trying to find anything that will lead me to how I found myself here.

Here, of course, being an inclusive term. Here, in this infirmary with a head injury. Here, in trouble (for more times in the last few days than I had been all last year). Here, in love with a girl. Here, more and more certain that something is going on with these people. Here, desperate to get to the bottom of it.

Gaze into the Abyss: 2d6+1 5 Shiiiiit. Mark XP

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL" :smug:
Fun Shoe

Hot:0 Cold:1 Volatile:-1 Dark:1
Harm: 1/4 Exp: 2/5 Conditions: Broken Arm

I was still sobbing into my pelt when the world changed over again. Shelly, in what must have been a mixture of confusion and relief, gathered up my things and started dressing me carefully. I mostly just let her.

"We've gotta get you to the hospital to look at your arm Cally, come on." She said. I mutely just nodded. I couldn't really get home with a broken arm right now, so it needed to be fixed or something. And I needed to get away from the liars and thieves up here anyway.

Once I was dressed, Shelly ushered me off the roof. I didn't catch the glare she gave to the other two still standing there, but she did.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Hot 0, Cold -1, Volatile 2, Dark 1
Harm 0/4 | Experience 0/5 | Conditions: Monster, Stale
Debt to Emissary: 1+2/5

As I lay on the ground in a daze, both Hope and Cally take off. I pick myself up off the ground. poo poo. I look over at Serenity. She's just sort of...lying down. Not moving. This is bad.

"Come on Serenity, let's go." I try to lift her arm again, but she's just staying there. gently caress. This might sort of be my fault, since I took Cally's pelt in the first place. Honestly though, if I had known she'd flip the gently caress out and start killing people I would've risked the trouble of skipping school. And Serenity did invite me to hang out even when the other two decided not to anyway. Maybe I can fix this too? I'd have to borrow some more power from Em, but that's not too bad. I start thinking of some way I can bring back Ursula. Not really sure how this thing works, but sometimes I can just want to do something and know how to make it work. And sure enough, the solution pops into my head. Just need to have my tears fall in some water, I guess? Not sure why but gently caress it.

I bend down near some water and open my eyes real wide. I touch them with my fingers to cause them to water up (poo poo that's uncomfortable), and then let the tears flow down into a nearby puddle while thinking of Ursula.

Using Elsewise Power and The Power Flows Through You

Salt (Ursula): 2d6+3 8 Includes +2 from The Power Flows Through You

Salt posted:

Whenever your tears mix with water, roll with dark. On a 10 up, choose someone you want to see. They show up, with or without reason. On a 7-9 they still do, but they have the Condition drained and they bring trouble with them.

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

New Scene: Scene 8

Cally: Shelly takes you to the nurses office. You notice Wendy is already here as you're placed into a chair next to her. Penny quietly muses about how you lot keep getting hurt as she binds your arm with a weird wrap and places it in something she calls a sling. She gives you an ice pack and tells you that you need to go to a hospital as soon as possible for a "proper cast" (Whatever that means). Shelly stays by your side the entire time. What do you do?

Wendy: Cally and Shelly make their way into the nurses office. Cally is nursing a broken arm. "A concussion and a broken arm. Are you girls part of a fight ring or something?" Penny said it like a joke but her face says she's serious. She leaves the three of you alone after doing the best she can with Cally's arm. What do you do?

Franklin: As you get off the bus you get a text from Em(?), "All of your friends are with the nurse. Let me help you to them." A chill runs up your spine as your lose control of your body. You watch helplessly as you wander to the nurses office. You see Cally, Wendy and Shelly. Penny glares at you before asking what's wrong. "Bruise", the words come out of your mouth. Your voice but not your words. You sit and pull up the legging of your jeans to reveal a rather large bruise you didn't know you had. She sighs, murmurs something about a fight ring(?) and gives you an ice pack. When it touches your skin you're back in control. You touch the bruise, it doesn't hurt. You keep up the illusion by placing it on the bruise as she lightly wraps it into place. Your phone gets another text from Em, "Have fun ;)". What do you do?

Eve: The puddle under you shakes, bubbles and suddenly grows very deep. You can see Ursula floating just below the surface. You reach into the surprisingly freezing water and tug her. She has more resistance than you'd expect. Pulling with all your strength, you yank her out of the water. You didn't know humans could get that pale but she's still breathing. Barely. "I finally made it." You hear a male voice say. Looking over, you see a mostly naked teen near where the puddle was. The only thing he's wearing is a pelt jacket that's similar to Cally's. He looks a lot like her. He glances over at you. "You're not sis. Who are you? Were you the one who sent her?" He gestures at Ursula as an angry look works it's way across his face. "I knew sis would never do that. Why were you trying to kill her?!" What do you do?

Serenity: You feel something slide into your pocket, a quick glace shows it to be a IOU with Eve's signature at the bottom. You're not sure why but something feels special about this paper. You look up to see Eve crying into a puddle. You watch Eve reaching into the puddle like you did before you lost Ursula. Eve strains and groans as she pulls Ursula out. You let out a breath you did know you were holding in. You see a figure pull himself out from the puddle after Ursula. He's the spitting image of Cally. Also mostly naked except for a fur jacket. There's a brief look of disappointment on his face and then anger directed at Eve. What do you do?

Hope: You're in Spanish I class. 6 empty seats remind you of the events of lunch. You can reason where most of them are, except for Wendy. You're not sure which of them want to see you. The lesson is droning on about their alphabet and how to pronounce each letter correctly. What do you do?

BallisticClipboard fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Sep 25, 2015

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Hot -1, Cold 1, Volatile -1, Dark 2
Harm 0/4 | Experience 2+1/5 | Conditions:
Tokens: weird faerie stone thingy (Hope), sunglasses case (Eve)

Wait what what's going on where did that bruise come from what the hell? What is Em playing at? I'm still in a lovely mood, and now I've got all these people to deal with. At least Wendy should hopefully have forgotten that I was mean to her earlier, and Shelly might want my balls but there's no reason for her to be pissed off at me right now and Cally - wait, is her arm in a sling? What... what happened?

"Jesus, Cally, are you ok? What did you do to your arm?" I stumble over to her, still a little unsteady after losing control. Well, at least it'll make the bruise more convincing. I put my hand on her shoulder and look into her eyes as best I can - thankfully, my brain manages to stop me touching the injured arm. "Seriously, what happened?"

Turn On (Broken Arm) Cally: 2d6 7
Rolling with Hot because Franklin's not exactly at his coolest right now. String/self/promise. Experience for Hot.

Gato fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Aug 31, 2015

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Harm 2/4 Experience 0/5 Conditions Dances with Wolves, Terrified.

My eyes go wide. She did it! But how, why? I nearly tackle Eve in a hug and kiss her. "Thank you thank you thank you! We need to get her to a doctor!" I regard the boy with as much suspicion as he is giving us, did he do anything to Ursula?
"What do you want? We need to help my friend then we can deal with what you want."

TatteredPhone> !r 2d6
<Krysmbot> TatteredPhone, 7 = 7
turn on eve

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm 0/4 | Experience 0+1/5 | Conditions: Monster, Stale
Debt to Emissary: 3/5

At first, I don't know who this dickhead is. But then I realize - coming out of the water, pelt jacket, "sis"...yeah, Cally's brother or something. And he's accusing me of trying to kill Ursula? Plus he's clearly about to try something so gently caress that.

"gently caress you!" I hit him right in the face. Let's see you do something now jackass.

Lash Out At Cally's Brother: 2d6+2 9
Cally's brother takes 1 Harm and gets a String on Eve, Eve gets a String on him from Primal Dominance

Marking XP for rolling Volatile

"It WAS your sister who tried to kill her!"

But then Serenity grabs me from behind. "What? Hey!"

Giving Serenity a String on Eve

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

Eve: The punch knocks him onto his back. He quickly stands up. "No, my sister would never do that." He shakes his head. "You called her from the ocean. You knew she was there. Only Selkies can call the ocean. You either made my sister send her there or you're hiding who you really are." What do you do?

BallisticClipboard fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Sep 1, 2015

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Hot 2 | Cold -1 | Volatile -1x | Dark 1
Harm 0/4 Exp 2/5 Conditions: Pushy, Heartbreaker

What with almost a third of the class missing, even the teacher isn't taking the class too seriously, much less his class. I pull out my phone and hide it in my book, texting a few people in turn.

"To Cally" posted:

I know I screwed up, and you don't want to talk to me.
I just wanted to say that I'm sorry. I was only trying to help.
I wouldn't ever hurt you on purpose.
But, I won't bother you again if you don't want me to.

"To Wendy" posted:

Are you ok? A lot of people aren't in class.
Do you still want to go to the park tonight? It's ok if you don't.
I'd understand

"To Serenity" posted:

I'm sorry. I've been working so hard to try and get everyone to be nice that I've been brushing you off.
It was pretty dumb of me, and I want to make it up to you.
I understand if you don't want to talk to me anymore, though.

Then, I just slump back in my chair, waiting for the inevitable rejections.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Harm: 1/4 Exp: 4/5 Conditions: Broken Arm

I winced as the nurse put my arm in a sling, still clutching my pelt in a death-grip with my other hand. I wasn't letting it go. I wasn't about to explain things to her, though.

But, Franklin suddenly appearing and tripping over himself almost made me smile - almost. It really didn't matter, once I went to get a 'proper cast' I'd be able to leave, which made all of this rather silly. Still, maybe he deserved an explanation. I mean, after all, it was Hope who had told me he wasn't trustworthy, and Hope had proven herself completely untrustworthy, so, her opinion probably wasn't valid.

I smiled sadly up at him, and shrugged my shoulders. "I didn't...it was the girls. Eve, Hope, and Serenity. They all hurt me." I sighed. "I won't be able to go to the movie with you tonight Franklin, I'm sorry. I have to go to the hoss spittle." My voice felt kind of flat. I was tired of all these people, I wanted to go back to where things made sense. Humans sucked. Faeries and shadow monsters, too.

My phone buzzed after a moment in my pocket, and I looked around helplessly for half a second before squeezing my pelt between my legs and fishing it out carefully. A text message from Hope, great. I frowned at it.

I scrunched up my face and slowly typed back a response with one hand.

To Hope posted:

Even if u dont u r friends w Serenity+Eve. They do hurt on purpose.
Now Im still stuck here cuz of u. Cant go home while Im broken.
U lied 2 me. Cant trust any of u.

My heart hurt as I hit send, but how would I ever be able to talk to any of them again? I didn't need to anymore. So long as I had my pelt it was just a matter of waiting, now.

First of all, Franklin can have a string.

Then, Shutting down Hope via text, tagging Heartbreaker for +1.

2d6+2: 11 [2d6=3, 6]

Gonna give her the condition "Traitor" and mark XP for rolling Cold.

That done, I pushed my phone back into my pocket and took my pelt in my hand again, tightly. I looked up at Franklin again. "Sorry if I ever burdened you or hurt you." I sighed. "It sucks, I know. Maybe you can come to the hospital with me?" I ask him quietly. He probably wouldn't, I know, but, I didn't have a lot of friends left and I was probably still going to be here for at least a few days, so...

Also, rolling to turn on Franklin who rudely has no conditions to tag

2d6: 3 [2d6=1, 2]
:gonk: marking xp for Hot, too.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Harm 2/4 Experience 1/5 Conditions Dances with Wolves, Terrified, drained.

Oh no more fighting. "Eve stop hitting everyone!" I try to hold her back and desperately think of someway to not have this turn into another disaster.

Gazing, how do I get Eve to stop fighting? 6+1 7 Tagging monster?. Taking drained for lucid visions

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Harm 0/4 | Experience 3/5 | Conditions:
Tokens: weird faerie stone thingy (Hope), nice pen (Eve)

Well, yeah, I kinda guessed the date was off when I saw the sling, Cally. I'm surprised - in a good way - that she even thought about it. Hope, Serenity, and Eve though? She's making it sound like they all ganged up on her, but why - poo poo, there's no point worrying about this now. I can do some card work later, or even just ask her, though I'm guessing she's not too keen on talking about it right now.

"Of course I'll come with you. Nobody should have to go to hospital alone." Hell, it's not much of a first date, but I'm actually feeling pretty sorry for her. What kind of person would I be if I left her there, when it sounds like half her friends (and Eve) have gone and hosed her over? And we'll probably get to talk more than at a movie anyway. I give Shelly a quick look, as if to say that ok with you? Might as well go all in on the gentleman thing.

It's only then I catch sight of the thing in her hand. Is that - did Eve give it back? No way. They must have fought for it. Maybe that's how she got beaten up. "I'm glad you got your pelt back, at least. Believe it or not, I actually tried to get it for you from Eve's place over lunch." Probably a bit careless of me to say that in front of Wendy and Shelly, but hey, it's not as if I actually admitted to breaking in. "I'm just glad to see it's safe." Yeah, glad. Definitely not disappointed I didn't get to whip it out from behind my back, no sirree.

I stand back from her, smiling. "You're gonna be fine, I promise." I stand there awkwardly for a second, then turn to Wendy. New leaf, Franklin.

"So, Braveheart, how did you end up in here again?" I said, new leaf. "Uh... are you ok?"

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

Harm 1/4 | Experience 4/5 | Conditions: Shameless, Head Trauma

My phone buzzes and I surreptitiously pull it out, keeping one eye on the shitshow that's happening in front of me. It's refreshing to watch two people who aren't me stumble and fall through social situations.

To Hope posted:

I hit my head pretty hard lol
We don't have to go if you don't want to.
Let me know.

Braveheart? gently caress you, Franklin.

"Hey Cally, do ya want to hear something funny?" I smile at her, trying to ease her pain. "I've never actually seen Braveheart. My mother loathes it, we don't even mention Mel Gibson in her presence!"

Shut Franklin Down: 2d6+1 4 Well, that didn't go well. Mark XP.

Turn Cally On (Giving a String): 2d6+5 8 Give, Promise, String

Zurui fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Sep 3, 2015

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Harm 0/4 Exp 2/5 Conditions: Pushy, Heartbreaker, Traitor

I wince when I see Cally's text, and I start to tear up. I sink down into my chair as I respond:

Cally posted:

Ok. I'll leave you alone now.
I hope you can go home soon.
I really didn't mean to hurt you.
I hope you can at least believe that.
Bye.

I respond to Wendy's message through misty eyes.

Wendy posted:

Oh no! That's really bad!
If you're feeling up to it, I'd still like to go out, but I'd understand if you can't.
If you can't, could I at least walk with you home or something?
It'd be nice to see someone who doesn't hate me...

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Harm: 1/4 Exp: 4/5 Conditions: Broken Arm

I stare blankly at Wendy for a moment. She is cute, I like the way her voice rolls consonants. But I have no idea what she means.

"What's a Braveheart?" I ask plainly, then smile, a little unsure of myself. Wendy can have a string.

But, Hope texts back again and...and it hurts. I frown at the text, highly unhappy at it. Like by frowning at it I could change it. This...this wasn't what I wanted! Franklin was talking to Wendy, or at Wendy at least, so, I started typing a response to Hope, not really sure of what it was going to be until I finished it. But I was being very careful, anyway. I wanted this to sound right.

To Hope posted:

You didn't mean to hurt me.
But you are hurting me now. I don't want you to go away.
I can't trust you with Serenity and Eve nearby to hurt me.

I fumbled with the phone for a few moments, but I had seen girls do this - take pictures of themselves and send it to someone else. I stuck my bottom lip out in a pout. They did this sometimes, too, and I held it so she could see the sling.

To Hope posted:

But I want to trust you. I want you to be close to me. We're like the same.
So pick me. Over them. Pick me. Promise me you will and come find me.

And I sent that, along with the picture. I don't know how she would respond. I'm not sure I knew how I wanted her to, but...I didn't want to say goodbye to Hope yet.

Turning on Hope, tagging Traitor for +1

2d6+1: 9 [2d6=3, 5]

Self/string/or promise?

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm 0/4 | Experience 1/5 | Conditions: Monster, Stale

I glare at Cally's dipshit brother. "I knew she was there because your sister bragged about how she was going to drown her!" I'd step forward, but Serenity is still holding me back. "And I'm not telling you anything about myself. Why don't you ask her yourself? She was just here a moment ago and then ran off. Plus, I've had a pretty lovely afternoon and I'm really not in the mood to deal with you right now."

Manipulate Cally's Brother: 2d6 7
Spending a String to make that a 10

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

I look at the text and almost start crying in happiness. I'll figure it out later with Serenity and Eve. I just reply:

quote:

Yes, I promise. I'm in class, so I've got to get the teacher to let me out.
Be there as soon as I can.
Thank you.

I tell raise my hand and tell the teacher, "Can I go to the nurse? I'm not feeling well."

For what it's worth, I'm not lying. Even that bit of hope still hasn't done much to dispel the sick feeling I have in my stomach.

<Capfalcon> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> Capfalcon, 6+2 = 8

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Sep 3, 2015

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

Harm 1/4 | Experience 0/5 | Conditions: Shameless, Head Trauma

I laugh at Cally's joke...and then stop laughing as I realize that she's serious. "It's...it's a movie about Scotland...and it's..." I stumble, trying to speak over my mother's shouted curses in the back of my mind. "You know, never mind. Franklin is just an rear end in a top hat."

My phone buzzes again. I read Hope's message and smile.

To Hope posted:

Sure! We can play it as it goes. Meet you out by the sign right after school.

"Nurse Penny? I'm feeling better. I think I'm going to go back to class." I wave and give her the smiled I mean for Hope. "Thanks so much for your help?"

Chemistry has never sounded so good.

The XP sheet says I should advance? I must have missed counting in there somewhere. I'll fill my advance in with my next post.

Zurui fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Sep 3, 2015

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

Hope: The teacher shrugs, "Okay. We have a quiz next class on vocab chapter 1 if you don't make it back." You apparently have a reputation for cutting classes but he doesn't seem to care. What do you do?

Wendy: Penny smiles at you, "Take care of yourself. I don't want to see you back in here today." What do you do?

Eve: He doesn't say anything and turns away from you, starting to head for the door. Does he think you're not even worth of a response? He probably can't even figure out the door? What do you do?

Serenity: In your mind's eye, you see Frank standing in front of Eve. He's a book in his hand. It's suddenly catches fire and chains shoot out, binding Eve in burning iron. Ursula groaning under you brings you out of your trance. She's gesturing towards Cally's Brother and mumbles something. What do you do?

BallisticClipboard fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Sep 4, 2015

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Harm 2/4 Experience 2/5 Conditions Dances with Wolves, Terrified, drained.

"What?" I pull Ursula close so I can hear her. "We need to get you dry and warm. Tell me while we head to the nurse's office." I drag Ursula with me to the door and push past the new person. I have no time for him. And really he shouldn't go anywhere without some pants he'll get in trouble.

Run away with Ursula 9+1 string from Ursula. Understanding on Ursula to get that string back.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm 0/4 | Experience 1/5 | Conditions: Monster, Stale

Oh poo poo, right, Ursula. gently caress. But Serenity is taking her to the nurse, probably, and I guess Cally is going to be there and I really don't feel like being in a room with her and Penny right now. And since Serenity opened the door I guess Cally's brother doesn't have to strain his mind figuring out how they work. I don't even have to do anything else to him, he can have fun wandering around the school without any pants.

I just walk right past him. I can't believe it's still only a little past lunch. Maybe I should head to class? Yeah, I think that's what I'm going to do. I can catch up with Serenity later. And maybe Hope too.

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

Eve: You watch Cally's brother try to keep up with Serenity and Ursula until both of them disappear down the stairs. Ursula seemed to be reaching for him the entire time, watching him as he ran after. What do you?

Serenity: You make it to the nurse's office with no issue; you don't notice any half-naked guys when you look over your shoulders. You and Penny immediately get Ursula to a bed and Penny takes over leaving you by the wayside.

Cally: You and Frank are making small talk when Serenity bursts in with Ursula in her arms. You don't know how Serenity managed to get Ursula out but there they are. The nurse's office suddenly whips into a flurry as Penny jumps in to help. What do you do?

Frank: You make mostly idle talk with Cally until Serenity runs into the room panicking. The room quickly erupts. What do you do?

*Frank/Cally, for next action you have +1 to volatile*

Wendy: As you wander back to chemistry you see Serenity sprint past you towards the office. Mildly confused, you continue walking. A few moments later you see a teen (who is currently missing his pants) looking down a fork in the hallways and sprints in a random direction. What even is this school? What do you do?

Hope: A few steps out of Spanish, you are slammed into by who you think to be Cally knocking both of you to the floor. It's not until he starts frantically apologizing that you notice it isn't her. He helps you up and kindly asks if you seen a girl carrying another girl. He seems to be missing a few articles of clothing but he's wearing a coat similar to Cally's. What do you do?

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Harm 0/4 | Experience 2 2/5 | Conditions:
Tokens: weird faerie stone thingy (Hope), nice pen (Eve)

Ok, what the gently caress is going on? First Cally with a broken arm, now Serenity's dragging in her friend Ursula (that's her name, right?) who looks like she's been taking a nap in a freezer. What the hell were those girls up to? Jesus, and I thought I'd had a stressful lunch break. I'm sick of being out of the loop!

"Serenity, what the hell is going on? What happened to your friend?" I gesture at Cally. "Has it got something to do with this?" I don't really care what Penny thinks, I'm not just going to let all this poo poo happen around me without an explanation.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Harm: 1/4 Exp: 5/5 Conditions: Broken Arm

Oh...oh no, with Serenity here and now Franklin's asking questions and...is that Ursula?! She was ALIVE!!?

Honestly, I think I...kind of felt relieved. I guess I had gone a bit too far earlier, but...she still made fun of me. And I know she was going to say something horrible to me! I had to get out of here...away from all the cruel people. I...I needed to find Hope, where was she!?

I sprung up out of my seat. "Shelly I'll head out now, I'll get to the hospital on my own I just can't be here now." I apologized, and then I took off.

Trying to run to Hope, tagging Traitor for +1

<LifeGetsWorser> Running awaaaaaay
<LifeGetsWorser> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> LifeGetsWorser, 3+1 = 4
<LifeGetsWorser> gently caress
<MetalForehead> haha
<LifeGetsWorser> god drat Cally
<LifeGetsWorser> Krysmbot you are a POS today

Marking XP for volatile please can I stop having volatile as a highlight on Cally please? That's five xp though. So I'm going to pick up the move "Mimicry" from the Hollow skin. This is my fourth advance!

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Harm 2/4 Experience 3 3/5 Conditions Dances with Wolves, Terrified, drained.

I freeze in place when Frank stops me. I'm sweating bullets from everything that's happened by the time I think of an answer. I give an urgent whisper. "Yes. Cally tried to drown Ursula. I lost my temper and almost threw her off the building. Now I need to stop the new boy from walking around with no pants before he gets in trouble." I'm anxious to go. I hope that's enough.

TatteredPhone> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> TatteredPhone, 10+2 = 12
Musk

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

Cally: You move as fast as your body will take you. Spotting her down a hallway, you run up and hide near her. Someone touches your shoulder and you almost flip. You see your brother standing there, his arm outstretched. What the heck is he doing here? What do you do?
*Give a string to Hope*

Serenity: You have Frank's full attention. What are you going to do with it?
*gain a string on Frank*

Frank: Cally almost-runs out of the room. She slams the door behind her. Silence hangs in the room and you catch a whiff of whatever perfume Serenity is wearing. What do you think of it? No matter what you think of it, it certainly gets your attention. What do you do?

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm 0/4 | Experience 4 1+1/5 | Conditions: Monster, Stale

Actually, hold that thought. So he's going after Serenity and Ursula? And if he is Cally's brother, then he's probaby going to be able to do what she did. I didn't just start going back into debt again just so some other rear end in a top hat in Cally's family could drown someone or whatever. I start following him. I expected him to keep going after the two of them to the nurse's office, but...he doesn't? He is just wandering around I think. At least, until he runs into Hope. And then Cally shows up. I don't know what's going on, but I'm going to find out.

I quickly start walking towards the two of them. "Hey! What's going on? What are you really up to?" I shove her stupid brother against the wall. Try and ignore me now, fucker.

Shut Cally's Brother Down: 2d6-1 1
Marking XP for rolling Cold

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Harm 0/4 | Experience 2 2+1/5 | Conditions:
Tokens: weird faerie stone thingy (Hope), sunglasses case again (Eve)

"Wait Cally what you can't go by yourself - " The words hang in the air. I almost start up out of the room after her but Serenity speaks up. Cally tried to drown Ursula? Serenity almost threw her off the roof? How does that work? A new boy? I need to go speak to her, I need to -

I need to chill the gently caress out.

Yeah. There's too much going on here. Cally's not going to get far, I can still make sure she gets to the hospital eventually. But I need to know what's going on here first. Like, attempted murder is maybe not what I'm looking for on a first date.

"Ok, Serenity, I got it, must have been a hell of a time." God, I swear she smells even more than usual, weed and sweat and damp. It's not even unpleasant, just... really distracting. I sit back in the chair and do my best to look relaxed and not bothered at all. "Could you... could you just tell me what happened? Like, I get it if you don't want to. I'm just worried about, well, Cally for one, and now I'm worried about you and Ursula and - " I smile. "Sorry, that must sound weird, I've mostly been a dick to you guys, but... yeah. Sorry."

Turn On Serenity: 2d6+1 7
Apologising as per Musk. (String)/self/promise? Experience for Cold.

e: fixed formatting

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I nodded and took the chair next to Frank. I'm too wired to sit so I squat on the chair. "Ursula fell into a puddle," I'm still keeping my voice low. "Like into the water. Then Cally refused to help. And Hope took Eve to a forest because she was hitting again. Then I put Cally at the edge of the building because she said Ursula should die for being mean. Then the water took us to the forest. And then Cally brought Shelly out of the water. I don't know how she can do water stuff." I rub my chin. "Or how Eve got Ursula back. And there was a guy yelling at Hope. And when we all came back there was a new boy I think he was talking about his sister which would be Cally."

Giving Frank what he wants.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

I shrug at the implication I'm going to skip class. I do want to get good grades, but it's an emergency! I'll catch up later. As I leave the class, I run for the infirmary and smack into this weird boy. He looks sort of like Cally and he's got a coat like hers. Maybe they're related? But before I can say anything, I see Cally and run over to hug her. I start crying as again as I hug her, but when I look at her, she looks shocked to see the boy. So apparently, she does know him? And now he's pinned to the wall by Eve. I say, "You know him, right? Don't worry. I'll help your friend, and then we can go, ok?"

got a 7 turn on

I get indignant and stalk over to Eve, half yelling, "Eve! Can you go a hour without threatening someone?"

Then, I take a deep breath and calm down, realizing this wasn't going to help. Eve's already wound up, and when she gets wound up, people get hurt. I put my hand on her arm that she's using to pin the boy to the wall and say, "Please. Just let him go. Cally's got to go to the hospital, and they know each other. We're going to get out of your hair, so... just let us go, ok? It's an emergency."

Got a 10 on shutdown, taking a string on Eve.
Promptly spending it on bribing Eve to just let us go.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Harm: 1/4 Exp: 0/5 Conditions: Broken Arm

I was cautious as I found Hope, and she hugged me. Cautious because I wasn't sure if I could trust her still, and because my arm still really hurt and I needed that hoss spittle thing. Then I feel an arm on me before I speak and I turn and...

it's...him? But how is he here, how is...

...how is EVE ALWAYS AROUND RUINING EVERYTHING IN MY ENTIRE LIFE!?!?! I didn't even get to say hello to my own brother before she's assaulting him! "GET OFF OF HIM EVE!!!!" I shriek, but Hope, blessed, beautiful Hope, gets in her face almost immediately and starts telling her to back off. Maybe she'll listen to Hope. Maybe she'll actually back down. I hope she can because if she doesn't, I don't know what I'll do to Eve but it won't be pleasant. I can't let her hurt him. Not after all of this. Not after I finally get to see one of my own family after all of this.

Hope can have a string since we had no time to actually interact :x

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Harm 0/4 | Experience 2 3/5 | Conditions:

Hoo boy information overload. I appreciate Serenity giving me an explanation, but nothing she said makes any sense. I sit there in silence, probably with some dumb expression on my face, while my brain tries to sort everything out. Cally can do 'water stuff'. Like, magic? That's what Serenity's making it sound like. She knows something about how Ursula ended up like this, she.. took them to a forest? Brought Shelly out of the water? But it was Eve who brought back Ursula? Eve who is apparently hitting people again? Well, that last part isn't surprising. But I can't make head or tails of the rest of it. Somehow Cally having a brother is the least weird thing of all.

"Right. I'm not going to pretend I understood even half of that, but... thanks for telling me, Serenity. I'm gonna go get - no, wait." She said Cally tried to drown Ursula. I don't know how that squares with the 'fell into a puddle' thing but she apparently refused to help Ursula with... whatever happened to her, so maybe Serenity was just being melodramatic before. But still, that doesn't sound like Cally at all. Not that I know her all that well at all. And on the other hand, Eve's running around doing her thing again - I said I wouldn't get involved, but...

"So what happened to Cally's arm? Was that Eve? I can stop Eve, trust me, but... look, who's the scariest person right now? Eve, or Cally?"

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I frown. "I don't think either of them are scary. But yeah Eve messed up Cally's arm I think. I was just kind of laying down for the second half of all of it." I figit. I'd say the new boy has me feeling the most uneasy. His wild appearance is so fascinating but also startling to find here in the city. "I should find that new boy and make sure he isn't getting into trouble. Sorry Frank." I get up and head out. Since I can't be with Ursula I want to be with that boy. I can already hear a commotion out in the hall. "I'll be back for Ursula pretty soon." I head out into the hallway.

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Harm 0/4 | Experience 2 3/5 | Conditions:

So Eve did break Cally's arm? I should probably hex her but... I'm not jumping into that mess again if I can help it. Nope, I've got two jobs now - get Cally to hospital, and grab some popcorn for whatever's going down between all the others. No way in hell am I sitting in the nurse's room - God, I'm the only one who doesn't need to be here!

"Hey, wait up." I call after Serenity as I head for the door. This should be interesting.

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

Cally: "Sis!" Your brother yells out as pulls you into a tackle hug hurting your arm a little but it doesn't seem to matter so much. He moves the two of you back a few steps from Eve and Hope. "What is that?" He points at your sling. "What happened?" This probably isn't the best place for a conversation. What do you do?
*The pain killers are starting to kick in, lose "Broken Arm". Your character still has a broken arm though.*

Eve: Cally's brother looks at you, "I'm not up to anything. I was just talking to this pretty girl trying to find my sister." He doesn't even recognize you as a threat. He gives Hope the eye as moves behind her to get at Cally. Hope stands firmly in your way, staring daggers at you. She looks to be a half-step away from snapping. What do you do?
*Give a string to Cally's brother*

Hope: You break Eve's admittedly weak hold on Cally's brother. You hear Cally's brother call you pretty as he moves behind you and hugs Cally. You are in full control of the situation with Eve. What do you do?

Serenity/Franklin: As the two of you move out into the hallway. Thankfully/Regrettably, the fireworks seem to be duds. Hope shutdown the argument pretty quickly. The new boy seems to know Cally as he hugs her enthusiastically. Cally doesn't seem to shy away from him either. What do you two do?

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm 0/4 | Experience 4 2/5 | Conditions: Monster, Stale

"Woah! Hold on Hope, it's okay. Just calm down." I really don't want to wind up getting transported to that forest again. But with the way he's looking at her, and Cally's whole 'trying to murder Ursula' thing, it wouldn't be a good idea to let her go alone with them. And she might not care about me anymore but...I guess I still do. Or something. gently caress this is complicated. I wish I could just kick Cally's creepy brother to the ground or something simple.

I lean in a bit closer and whisper, "Look, Cally's brother suddenly appeared right after I saved Ursula from Cally's attempt to drown her. I think he's up to something. You might not be safe. I mean, just look at the way he's acting."

Not taking the XP

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

I look at Eve and back at Cally, "He's just happy to see her. I mean... right?" I look ashamed as I say, "You don't understand. I..." I lower my voice to whisper to her, heartbroken to even say it out loud, "I broke a promise to her. I hurt her. I didn't mean to, but it doesn't matter. I'm a liar now. I've got to try and make it up to her. ...Even if I can't ever make up for it."

The only think that parts my overwhelming regret is confusion at what Eve says next. I look at her, confused, and say back at normal volume, "Wait, what do you mean 'Tried to drown Ursula?' I've been with her almost all day. And Ursula turned up while I was with her."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm 0/4 | Experience 4 2/5 | Conditions: Monster, Stale

She really takes promises seriously doesn't she? This actually explains a lot from the past few days. I wonder what she is. Also, might want to remember any promises I've made if she takes them breaking them that personally. And then she loudly talks about Cally's murder attempt. poo poo, is she getting mad again because she thinks I'm lying?

"Serenity told me about what she did. And remember when she was gleefully talking about telling Serenity 'good riddance to her bitch friend' or whatever?" I lean in close to Hope again and whisper, "I just don't think you should go off alone with them. At least let me go with you to make sure they don't try anything. Even if you don't like me anymore, I don't want you to get hurt."

Turn Hope On: 2d6+1 8 Includes +1 from Heartbreaker
Self/Promise/String

• Locked thread