Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the next part with the Varia suit is one of my favorite parts in the game. It's nothing amazing so don't let me hype it up by posting this, just a really clever little thing you do to progress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I've only played 1 Metroid game :negative:

I think you can play every Metroid game on a Wii U so godspeed gamer.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Ralp posted:

the next part with the Varia suit is one of my favorite parts in the game. It's nothing amazing so don't let me hype it up by posting this, just a really clever little thing you do to progress.

i got the varia suit a minute ago and i also just got the wave beam finally. what part were you talking about?

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the bugs :3:

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
the bugs were very cute and helpful and i thought since they were helping that they might not try to suck my life out but they did anyway and i reluctantly had to blow them up with fifteen bombs.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

that's it, im doing it. im downloading goddamn zero mission again

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

yay

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Bobnumerotres posted:

do it. im having a rlly good time so far.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

im by the ice beam, i have the lon beam cause i dont know all the sexy tricks for this game

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

When you get the screw attack and kill every enemy that ever hosed you off just by jumping

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Zero Mission is better than prime imo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

rediscover posted:

When you get the screw attack and kill every enemy that ever hosed you off just by jumping

Hell yeah

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Tender Bender posted:

I think you can play every Metroid game on a Wii U so godspeed gamer.

you cant play zero mission in america because nintendo are assholes.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

i will only replay zero mission when i can do it on a comfortably tiny screen.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I've been waiting so long to get Zero Mission on the Wii U as well. Wario Land 4 looks great on the gamepad.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I don't know how to play Zero Mission but I want to. why doesn't the 3DS eshop have GBA games

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I completely murked Ridley in like 15 seconds. Is he supposed to be the easiest boss in the game?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

rediscover posted:

I completely murked Ridley in like 15 seconds. Is he supposed to be the easiest boss in the game?

hes harder in hard mode when he 2-shots you and eats every missile you have

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Beating Zero Mission on hard was crazy. Meta-Ridley and that room after with the two super space pirates were both super hard, at least to me age 14.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

That's right, I did not play Zero Mission until next year.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

Beating Zero Mission on hard was crazy. Meta-Ridley and that room after with the two super space pirates were both super hard, at least to me age 14.

they shaved off an energy tank or two with each hit and you only had 5 lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

thats the other thing i wish every other metroid game did. didnt just make enemies bullet sponges, it halved your loving powerups. half HP, half missiles and powerbombs

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Metroid Other M's hard mode...removes all powerups from the game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

Metroid Other M's hard mode...removes all powerups from the game.

It also gets rid of the Hold A to refill your health and missile mechanic, which is probably how it should have been designed in the first place.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Metroid Other M's ultra hard mode...removes the game from existence

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Let's Play: Real Life - Never playing Other M Edition

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Bolverkur posted:

Let's Play: Real Life - Never playing Other M Edition

It's too late for me.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I did not know that Other M Samus appeared in a cameo in the Dead or Alive game on the 3DS

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I also did not know there was a DOA game on 3DS, period

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Wow Mother Brain is the most frustrating poo poo in the whole world.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

rediscover posted:

Wow Mother Brain is the most frustrating poo poo in the whole world.

imagine it on the NES

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

I also did not know there was a DOA game on 3DS, period

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Bobnumerotres posted:

imagine it on the NES

i think watching james rolfe play it alone for james and mike mondays is the best summary of that god awful fight

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I'm on the mother ship. I remember this part being a lot more frustrating but its really not that bad.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

rediscover posted:

I'm on the mother ship. I remember this part being a lot more frustrating but its really not that bad.

i think theres one or two bits where you basically have to be caught but it's easy to escape. the whole thing is over in like 5min i dont know why everyone whines about it so much

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Ok I just got the Grav Suit + Space Jump + Plasma beam all at once and im boutta MURK this whole fuckin space ship. Hell Yeah. although im really tired of blue ice beam shots and wish they were like purple or sumn now that i got plasma

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

rediscover posted:

Ok I just got the Grav Suit + Space Jump + Plasma beam all at once and im boutta MURK this whole fuckin space ship. Hell Yeah. although im really tired of blue ice beam shots and wish they were like purple or sumn now that i got plasma

try powerbombing that glass tube and reexploring everything, or save it for hard mode. ;)

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Bobnumerotres posted:

try powerbombing that glass tube and reexploring everything, or save it for hard mode. ;)

Wow gently caress I forgot to do that. poo poo. I'm mad at myself for not going back and finding everything I could find before Mother Brain and I didnt realize I was fighting Meta Ridley until the battle started so w/e. I beat it. Where can you go post tube breaking?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

rediscover posted:

Where can you go post tube breaking?

everywhere, freely, as a hugely overpowered rear end in a top hat and it's great. there are some really nasty puzzle rooms hidden in early areas and it's genius

just do it in hard mode. going through zero mission again knowing where stuff is is really fun, and zero mission has the most interesting hard difficulty in the series

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

:siren: :siren: :siren: i got sixty nine lol :D

• Locked thread