Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Just started today! I'm SaxophoneSA if anyone wants to friend me. I have zero clue what I'm doing, but it's fun so far. I read to get Loki in the OP so I used my 6* selector on him, picked up a 3* War Machine and am finishing my team out with a 1* Ghost Rider because he's a flaming skull using chains and that's just :black101: as hell.

I'm cruising through story missions, but is there anything else I should be doing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Somebody offer him a spot in a guild so he can ask questions in the game. We will absolutely help you here. Do all your dailies you can!

Ghost Rider is great. His costume owns so hard and he is an excellent T2 if you decide to go that route toward your endgame.

Just ask questions and we will help! Welcome!

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

Saxophone posted:

Just started today! I'm SaxophoneSA if anyone wants to friend me. I have zero clue what I'm doing, but it's fun so far. I read to get Loki in the OP so I used my 6* selector on him, picked up a 3* War Machine and am finishing my team out with a 1* Ghost Rider because he's a flaming skull using chains and that's just :black101: as hell.

I'm cruising through story missions, but is there anything else I should be doing?

I'll add you in game - Rhabban.

One thing you may not be aware of is Hot Time. Essentially, twice a day mission costs are reduced for a few hours. Theres also a gold or xp bonus.

You can see the times here:

http://www.mobirum.com/article/detail?cafeId=futurefight_en&bbsId=76&id=590074

Some kind goon also posted that image within the last few pages.

Mostly, just take it casual. There's over 90 heroes with more coming all the time. So if your favourite Marvel hero isnt in the game yet (and isnt a filthy mutie) then be patient, they will be here eventually.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

Saxophone posted:

If you need an alliance, BusterHighman has a couple slots open.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
500 Chaos Norn package in the store is a god send.

I also rolled a badass obelisk for Ghost Rider

+25.5% crit rate
+23.7% fire damage
180% Damage boost

Guess I gotta tier 2 him next.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

thechalkoutline posted:

MK: Recovery Rate base with Invincibility (be nice if the 3rd slot is def pen or either crit)

Why go recovery rate ever? Isn't +HP better? I admit I never did the math and just assumed other people that said so were right. +HP also seems to be a lot rarer than most other things.

Maybe my two best?

Elsa:

Prox:

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
Didn't they remove max HP as a rollable stat, so only grandfathered gear has it?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Max HP is about as good as Recovery rate yeah, but it's rarer.

Adult Sword Owner posted:

Didn't they remove max HP as a rollable stat, so only grandfathered gear has it?

You can't get it on 1* gear but you can still get it on random 2* gear, same with Defense Penetration and Immune to Guard Break.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

It's rare but it still comes up sometimes. I just mean as the primary fixed stat. Basically when I'm looking to condense gear I just pick through and look for +HP primary then upgrade that hoping for a good secondary or proc before I bother with anything else. I just went through about 60 level 1 + 2 gears and found one +HP primary out of all of them (ended up a 6* with HP, lightning resist, and shield. Bleh.)

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Def pen obelisks should enter your inventory locked

NmareBfly posted:

Why go recovery rate ever? Isn't +HP better? I admit I never did the math and just assumed other people that said so were right. +HP also seems to be a lot rarer than most other things.

I'm sure that's true in some cases, but in which ones? It doesn't take into account the innate heal % recovery rate modifies, 30% in MK's case

I just never heard that though, maybe it's true? What ranges does +HP roll in at the higher *'s? I never made one

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The max roll for Max HP is 30% I think. Theoretically you could get it twice but that'd be extremely rare.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

applied to Doctor Goons as CtrlAltDelita

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

Here are some back-of-the-envelope calculations. Max roll for HP is +30, max for RR is +80.

+20% HP proc for the first 5, +40% for the last, and did single max roll and double max roll even though I think the chances of getting two +HP's are about as good as getting hit by a meteor made of human hair. Net HP after X procs in the last columns to see how it does over time.

code:
HP Base	Proc%	+RR	+HP		HP	Proc	net 1	net 2	net 3	net 4
20000	0.2				20000	4000	24000	28000	32000	36000
20000	0.2	0.8			20000	7200	27200	34400	41600	48800
20000	0.2		0.3		26000	5200	31200	36400	41600	46800
20000	0.2	1.6			20000	10400	30400	40800	51200	61600
20000	0.2		0.6		32000	6400	38400	44800	51200	57600

20000	0.4				20000	8000	28000	36000	44000	52000
20000	0.4	0.8			20000	14400	34400	48800	63200	77600
20000	0.4		0.3		26000	10400	36400	46800	57200	67600
20000	0.4	1.6			20000	20800	40800	61600	82400	103200
20000	0.4		0.6		32000	12800	44800	57600	70400	83200
Basically, as the fight goes on longer Recovery Rate gets better, but HP starts you stronger (and makes you more immune to burst, which can be important.)

As the initial proc goes up recovery rate gets better faster too. After all this I'd say the rule of thumb might be 'HP is better if they have no or only a single slow recovery method (ie, groot / stark), recovery rate is better if they have multiple (or larger) procs.' I didn't try to math out multiple TYPES of proc -- like my Kamala has 10% from a skill, 10% from her gear, and 20% from ISO but they all fire at different rates.

Also it's 100% possible that all this math is wrong and I don't understand how the game calculates it and I just wasted a bunch of time. :shrug:

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!
I just wrecked Black Dwarf so hard my game crashed.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Finished getting Dr Strange to 6/6/60 today, turns out he's pretty good! Being able to auto battle Timeline again is really nice. Cost a couple million but I managed to get Overdrive on him and stuffed him with fully awoken ISOs.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

BW is now 2x BWs with 10 max entries each. More gold nerfs needed I guess?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
^^^ It's just this specific BW event since they're doing 4 in a row with the same rewards(Spidey or Spider Gwen bios).

BGrifter posted:

Finished getting Dr Strange to 6/6/60 today, turns out he's pretty good! Being able to auto battle Timeline again is really nice. Cost a couple million but I managed to get Overdrive on him and stuffed him with fully awoken ISOs.

Good luck with that, most high rank teams are Strange/Thanos/T2 Wasp and Wasp prevents Strange's time stop from working.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

RatHat posted:

The max roll for Max HP is 30% I think. Theoretically you could get it twice but that'd be extremely rare.

I just rolled a double max hp obelisk with 26.8% and 25.1% rolls on it :smugdog:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Which of the new characters are good at shadowlands? I'm pretty much all set on AB and world bosses so shadowland is the last thing I'm bad at. I wanna know who I should bother farming

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Ancient One and Hellstorm are the best of the new characters(besides Strange) but apparently non-uniformed Mordo and Kaecilius are good too. Haven't heard anything good about Wong, and Satana and Clea have survivability issues.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

RatHat posted:

Good luck with that, most high rank teams are Strange/Thanos/T2 Wasp and Wasp prevents Strange's time stop from working.

I don't use crystals to refresh but haven't had any problems finishing Sharon/???/??? teams to pick on the last few weeks for 80 wins a week. I doubt more than 30% of teams are running T2 Wasp yet.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

So I need 200 stones of energy for Dr Strange. Any good ways to farm these?

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Snowmankilla posted:

So I need 200 stones of energy for Dr Strange. Any good ways to farm these?

You pretty much run the story missions, check the SHIELD shop every hour and buy them if they're up, do all your co-op battles, dailies and everything else you'd normally do.

You'll need 600 green stones and then 1200 purple stones before you get to the actual hard stuff to farm, so buckle up.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Make sure you do AB and the Daily Missions every day as well. And sometimes you get a few from Villain Siege. Edit: duh, you said dailies, whoops

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

punchymcpunch posted:

Make sure you do AB and the Daily Missions every day as well. And sometimes you get a few from Villain Siege. Edit: duh, you said dailies, whoops

Fun fact about villain siege that no one told me: apparently if you take everyone from your bonus team in and beat the boss, you get more bonuses that way. I always thought it was just one bonus no matter how many you brought. How come none of y'all told me this sun god I blame you for this.

Lee Outrageous
Jul 21, 2006

General

thechalkoutline posted:

Def pen obelisks should enter your inventory locked

Just how useful is defense penetration? I don't really know how it works.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

C. Everett Koop posted:

Fun fact about villain siege that no one told me: apparently if you take everyone from your bonus team in and beat the boss, you get more bonuses that way. I always thought it was just one bonus no matter how many you brought. How come none of y'all told me this sun god I blame you for this.

Uh yeh lol take the bonus guys imo. Pro tip, on the third one, use 3 normal dudes and get to boss to about 70k health and then lose. Then go back with your 3 bonus guys.

Lee Outrageous posted:

See reddits for spreadsheets etc, basically its really good against high-defense baddies like Shadowlanders and World Bosses and stuff. AFAIK its a top tier stat til you hit the cap.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Lee Outrageous posted:

Everything I'm reading seems to suggest it's flat out better than Crit Damage/Rate and pretty much the go to stat once you're SCD capped on that character.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
A Force looks neat but BLACKAGAR BOLTAGON is too good not to T2.

Only question Is whether you really need another Universal T2 or wait another week or so to see what Asgard brings.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Kegslayer posted:

A Force looks neat but BLACKAGAR BOLTAGON is too good not to T2.

Only question Is whether you really need another Universal T2 or wait another week or so to see what Asgard brings.

For everyone like me who was super confused since I don't recall it getting posted.

netmarbu posted:

Skill Balance

As mentioned in the first part of this notice, there will also be some minor tweaks to the character’s skills. The following list contains the changes to the skills:

Singularity

- Ablation:

n Range Increased

n Fixed an issue where the Charge part of the skill would miss.

- Space Fold:

n Range increased

- Supernova:

n Cool down time decreased [10 ▶ 9]

- Meteorite:

n Increased the area of effect for the last hit of the skill animation

n Cool down time decreased [13 ▶ 12]

- Dimensional Tear:

n Fixed an issue where damage did not increase with skill leveling up.

n Instant i-frame has been added when the skill is used.

n Cool down time decreased [18 ▶ 15]

She-Hulk (including Uniform)

- Cross Examination:

n All CC immune until the skill animation has finished (except Time Freezing)

- Objection!:

n Area of Effect increased

- Exhibit A:

Black Bolt (including Uniform)

- Normal Attack:

n Fixed an issue with kick animation range

- Electron Channeling

n Range increased

n Back Step animation has been removed.

- Anti-gravitational Dash

n Fixed an issue with the skill sometimes missing the target

n Range increased

n Area of effect increased

- Power Word

n Cooldown decreased [10 ▶ 9]

- Brutal Whisper

n Brutal Whisper now tracks the target

- Quasi-sonic Scream

n Range increased

n Cooldown decreased [15 ▶ 12]

That’s all for this Tier 2 advancement patch. Stay tuned for more exciting news in the future.

(Update will occur sometime on 11/16)

Poops Mcgoots fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Nov 15, 2016

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
I KNEW maxing out Singularity was going to be a totally boss move! She looks so cool, easily going to be my next T2 UNLESS Kamala gets one.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Her 6* is going to be SAVAGE

e: though it is going to be 3 weeks until the next T2 ticket ughhhhhhh

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

:jackbud:

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

etc

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

All the A-Force are going to be amazing

boltagoon, however, can suck a gently caress.

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

WHOA

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

6 to midnight status update: Still remains midnight due to time freezing.

• Locked thread