Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
I invented Tenderman, the sensitive beta cuck supernatural entity internet sensation that also really likes chicken tendies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I wonder how the actual Slenderman creator feels about that whole attempted murder thing?

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
I'm the guy that's subtly coaxed you all into spelling it "jokes" instead of the correct spelling of "joakes" like everyone used to.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

blue squares posted:

crawl through a tunnel of poo poo the length of five football fields, just shy of half a mile, and then chisel rocks into the individual notes of the sheet music

Inmate: [Humming along with the clanging from the pipeline below, furiously transcribing onto a sheet of toilet paper] Yes... yes! It's wonderful!

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
We went to the Toronto reference library and it was real neat:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Magic Hate Ball posted:

drat that puts the New York public library to shame

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

drat, that's a loving pretty library.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
This place has made me paranoid about comma usage.

Not sure if I've impacted the place in anyway though.

Jenny,

I got the gift you got me over the weekend. Once I get it framed and on the wall I'll share a pic! Thank you!

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

Magic Hate Ball posted:

these are clearly shots from an unreleased Villeneuve film

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Gonz posted:

I just saw a TV spot for the new Underworld movie, and holy smokes that looks shockingly bad.

I doubt it makes even half it's production/marketing budget back after the worldwide take.

The Underworld movies were always guilty pleasures for me, but even for me they've gotten more guilt than pleasure as they've rolled along.

I'm surprised they did the movie. Didnt Kate Beckinsale and the director divorce a while ago? Would be an awkward thing to do.

What's really weird is that it's not getting increasingly-standard 7pm showings today, according to Fandango.

MisterBibs fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jan 5, 2017

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Josh Lyman posted:

drat that puts the New York public library to shame

If you dog-ear any of the pages your Study Pod fills with gas and you wake up naked in the Pizza Pizza across the street with a frowny face stamped on your library card.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

MacheteZombie posted:

Jenny,

I got the gift you got me over the weekend. Once I get it framed and on the wall I'll share a pic! Thank you!

Thank you!

If anyone else received an email/PM from me saying that their gift should be on the way, but has yet to receive said gift, please let me know and I'll look into it

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
It's too fwiggen cold to draw

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Lobok posted:

If you dog-ear any of the pages your Study Pod fills with gas and you wake up naked in the Pizza Pizza across the street with a frowny face stamped on your library card.

brb gotta show these to my boss and beg for a new office layout

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

WRIGLEY'S DOUBLEMINT feels nice when crushed by your mouthbones and will not cause them undue strain and decay.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Jenny Angel posted:

Thank you!

If anyone else received an email/PM from me saying that their gift should be on the way, but has yet to receive said gift, please let me know and I'll look into it

Mine was electric so it arrived with light speed. Thanks a million for being cool and generous, Jenny.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Magic Hate Ball posted:

I've just kinda been here.

The only contribution of mine (and it wasn't lasting) that comes to mind/I'm proud of is when I edited an image of the readout in 2010: The Year We Make Contact to say

ALL OF THESE THREADS ARE YOURS
EXCEPT FOR BATMAN
ATTEMPT NO POSTING THERE
USE THEM TOGETHER
USE THEM IN PEACE

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
YouTube of the day to celebrate Dan Nainan constantly getting owned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGzkQAIHTTY

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

FreudianSlippers posted:

WRIGLEY'S DOUBLEMINT feels nice when crushed by your mouthbones and will not cause them undue strain and decay.
I think you'll find Big Red is the best of the classic chewing gums.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I don't get gum

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

FishBulb posted:

I don't get gum

I prefer mints

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Who was the GenChat poster with "I'm glad she's dead"? That's my pick for best contribution.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

FishBulb posted:

I don't get gum

Some of us have what's called an ORAL FIXATION

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

Sunset beach pig was my favorite part of 2016 genchat

Thx Jenny

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

FishBulb posted:

I don't get gum

What's to get?

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

MacheteZombie posted:

Jenny,

TAKE NOTE, SKWIRL.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Not much to get.

Your gum is a thin layer of fragile pink flesh that fastens your mouthbones to your skull.

Kharn_The_Betrayer
Nov 15, 2013

Fun Shoe

Samuel Clemens posted:

Who was the GenChat poster with "I'm glad she's dead"? That's my pick for best contribution.

is it the one scotish guy who was asked by a new reporter what he thought of the death of margaret thatcher?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Gum

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

Mr. Flunchy. Not sure what happened to him.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

plz dont pull out posted:

I shot him, just to watch him die.

I would have done the same to axleblaze if he hadn't stopped using "alot" a lot.

therattle fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Jan 5, 2017

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

plz dont pull out posted:

That dude ruled because he was typically an engaging and insightful critic but he also had the weirdest hangup about Zero Dark Thirty that would make it into his discussion of any movie even tangentially related to the subject matter

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

wyoming posted:

There was nothing good about that.

Rude.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I still see Mr. Flunchy posting in the forums. He shows up in the scary/unnerving story thread in PYF quite a bit.

Axleblaze seems to have disappeared though.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I recently bought an extra battery for my camera. I bought it of ebay because it was 80% cheaper than from any local store. It arrived today, the custom information said it was a toy car. Inside the box was a plastic taxi with the battery in a compartment inside it. The compartment looked like it was meant to power the car but the car was purely plastic with no electrical components whatsoever so the compartment was seemingly purely there for the purpose of smuggling batteries.

Maybe it's some sort of wierd way to dodge customs fees or maybe those kinds of batteries can't technically be shipped except if their inside something. I just hope it doesn't explode when I try to use it.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Timby posted:

Fox owns the distribution rights to A New Hope forever, and the rights to the other five movies until 2020. Given that the unaltered versions of the movies are pretty much a holy grail, I'm sure Fox would demand a lot of money in exchange for giving Disney that license to print cash.

But don't they already have that license to print cash? My understanding is that when a company licenses out a film, they aren't just licensing out one particular version of the film but the film as a whole, which is how (for example) Criterion is able to do a Brazil release with like 3 different versions of the movie including the "Love Conquers All" cut. By this logic, Disney already being able to distribute A New Hope would mean that it's entirely their call when to release the unaltered version. Am I wrong on this?

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
agghhhhhhh, na' mah cherie, gambiggghh had hisself sum hosed up animegghh eyes befo' dat was cool nagghhhh

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

wait, why is this a bad thing

it seems like Apple's going "okay, people are gonna do this poo poo either way, what can we do to make it less awful and annoying"

WeedlordGoku69 fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Jan 5, 2017

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I still see Mr. Flunchy posting in the forums. He shows up in the scary/unnerving story thread in PYF quite a bit.

Axleblaze seems to have disappeared though.

The Axleblaze is coming from inside the thread!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

But don't they already have that license to print cash? My understanding is that when a company licenses out a film, they aren't just licensing out one particular version of the film but the film as a whole, which is how (for example) Criterion is able to do a Brazil release with like 3 different versions of the movie including the "Love Conquers All" cut. By this logic, Disney already being able to distribute A New Hope would mean that it's entirely their call when to release the unaltered version. Am I wrong on this?

Not necessarily. It'll differ case by case. Some licenses will include all known versions; others will specify certain versions only, and define them very tightly. I suspect that Fox has licensed only one version to Disney.

• Locked thread