Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

I would posit that Handicraft is worth it if for no other reason than selling Savagery Capes - the fragments for those from dungeons are rare as poo poo and last time I looked they still sell for ~300k mesos for lovely ones and a couple million for great ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
Just applied to MapleGoons as Etripse.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

Kyrosiris posted:

I would posit that Handicraft is worth it if for no other reason than selling Savagery Capes - the fragments for those from dungeons are rare as poo poo and last time I looked they still sell for ~300k mesos for lovely ones and a couple million for great ones.
This is only true because Capes are only just now being unlocked as craftable items for non-headstart players (I unlocked Ravensteel two days ago, having missed maybe two days since Headstart). Give it another week for people to get plenty of Amethyst, and the price should start dropping like a rock.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

nyttyn posted:

if you don't care about money the only life skill you should bother with is alchemy (and foraging) on alts because it provides you with hair/cosmetic/face vouchers and mount gacha stones which give exclusive mounts (including a fuckin tank) and cash shop mounts for no real money cost.

How do those mount summoning stones work, actually? I haven't made one yet and I'm curious. I'm assuming they're not one-time-use because at their price that'd be ridiculous, but are they random every time you use one or do you make one and after its first use it is forever whatever random mount it became? If the latter, hoo boy. That's a tempting resource sink for alchemy because as you say, there are some amazing(ly ridiculous) possibilities in there. For the ground one at least; air one is all the cash shop air mounts, which are all boring.

I still think that leveling Handicraft (and therefore Farming) is worth it, at least up to a point, though, because it's free (and effort-free if you still have your auto-harvest badge or bought a new one) crystal shards, and lots of them. I think I've gotten 2,000, maybe more, from the rank up boxes so far, and at 1,000 mesos a shard from suppliers that's already two million mesos worth of stuff for free doing something I've been doing pretty much just because it's there and I can let the crafting run while I'm idling/alt-tabbed for prestige points and whatnot.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Oct 30, 2018

Padawan
Nov 27, 2014

What's endgame like on MS2?

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Padawan posted:

What's endgame like on MS2?

right now we have 4-man "hard dungeons" which are for getting good gear and learning how to deal with the game's mechanics and what it's gonna expect out of you

on nov 8 we get the first 3 raids

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

eonwe posted:

ive seen a lot of perfectly nice j4gs that goons immediately did the :smug: thing to

I mean, this is not a gaming community. It's a community of people who also play games!
Why, WHY is that so hard to understand!

It's also a comedy forum where we make jokes all the time and sometimes -just sometimes- severe owns are used to achieve maximum hilarity. Plus we're gay

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

That's right! I'm the counting sheep, Meeko. And I'm a proper sheep youkai!

Roland Jones posted:

How do those mount summoning stones work, actually? I haven't made one yet and I'm curious. I'm assuming they're not one-time-use because at their price that'd be ridiculous, but are they random every time you use one or do you make one and after its first use it is forever whatever random mount it became? If the latter, hoo boy. That's a tempting resource sink for alchemy because as you say, there are some amazing(ly ridiculous) possibilities in there. For the ground one at least; air one is all the cash shop air mounts, which are all boring.

I still think that leveling Handicraft (and therefore Farming) is worth it, at least up to a point, though, because it's free (and effort-free if you still have your auto-harvest badge or bought a new one) crystal shards, and lots of them. I think I've gotten 2,000, maybe more, from the rank up boxes so far, and at 1,000 mesos a shard from suppliers that's already two million mesos worth of stuff for free doing something I've been doing pretty much just because it's there and I can let the crafting run while I'm idling/alt-tabbed for prestige points and whatnot.

It's a loot box, pretty much. You make it, open it, and it becomes one (yes, unlimited duration) mount at random that has the normal tags of untradable and unsellable but you can swap it between all your alts.

Edly
Jun 1, 2007
A hilarious tip I just picked up from a streamer - if you're on US East, block the player "DPS", then right click their name in the blocked menu and visit their house. They have all the trophy-granting furniture set up, so just run through activating everything for a bunch of easy trophies.

Also if you didn't know, several trophies grant skill points. If you go to the trophy menu filter you can see which ones. Most of them you'll get naturally but there's a few that you have to run specific dungeons etc. for. And one of them requires getting 500 total trophies.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Most of the houses in Queenstown right now are stuffed full of all the interactable furnishings and AFK treadmills for grinding out the running/climbing/swimming/jumping trophies.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

nyttyn posted:

It's a loot box, pretty much. You make it, open it, and it becomes one (yes, unlimited duration) mount at random that has the normal tags of untradable and unsellable but you can swap it between all your alts.

Fantastic. I know what I'm pouring my alchemy resources into, until I get that tank at least.

Beeme
Oct 7, 2013

Too Shy Guy posted:

Most of the houses in Queenstown right now are stuffed full of all the interactable furnishings and AFK treadmills for grinding out the running/climbing/swimming/jumping trophies.

How are these afk treadmills for jumping and running? I don't think I've seen anything of the sort in the SA server. I'm guessing you're not talking about the actual treadmill and trampoline furnishings, since those don't increase running and jumping counts.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Beeme posted:

How are these afk treadmills for jumping and running? I don't think I've seen anything of the sort in the SA server. I'm guessing you're not talking about the actual treadmill and trampoline furnishings, since those don't increase running and jumping counts.

They have portals set up so that one automatically teleports you to the beginning of a track once you run into it.

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Hit 53 and I've been running a few dungeons as a priest, it's fine but at 1700 gear score I'm getting pasted a lot and if there isn't a level 56+ person bosses take forever.

Did get an epic max stat staff from a dungeon though worth a gear score in the thousands, so I figure i can sell that since in a priest and cant use it. Games fun!

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Fenarisk posted:

Hit 53 and I've been running a few dungeons as a priest, it's fine but at 1700 gear score I'm getting pasted a lot and if there isn't a level 56+ person bosses take forever.

Did get an epic max stat staff from a dungeon though worth a gear score in the thousands, so I figure i can sell that since in a priest and cant use it. Games fun!
My priest is pure healing and defense which is not at all optimal but she can literally carry even the stupidest of players through all the 50 stuff. I've learned on Tronix to dash very near the teleport landing point and start spamming heals because people will always try to jump in when the boss has laid down two burning lines right across there...

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Pour one out for people who invested in MSL weapons, because Chaotic Lubelisk isn't coming out yet.

Also double drops in hard modes next week. :woop:

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kyrosiris posted:

Pour one out for people who invested in MSL weapons, because Chaotic Lubelisk isn't coming out yet.

Also double drops in hard modes next week. :woop:

Huh, glad all my effort has gone into my Murpagoth Warrior Staff. Which refuses to reach +10, the loving thing.

And oh man, double hard mode drops will be great.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

Edly posted:

A hilarious tip I just picked up from a streamer - if you're on US East, block the player "DPS", then right click their name in the blocked menu and visit their house. They have all the trophy-granting furniture set up, so just run through activating everything for a bunch of easy trophies.

Also if you didn't know, several trophies grant skill points. If you go to the trophy menu filter you can see which ones. Most of them you'll get naturally but there's a few that you have to run specific dungeons etc. for. And one of them requires getting 500 total trophies.

Too Shy Guy posted:

:shrug:

e: just so you guys know, you'll want to visit these houses regularly once you hit 50+ for occasional Daily Missions that require you to activate such a trophy item in anyone's house. The rewards for doing this task can range from basically nothing to 1-hour Fishing/Performance vouchers, so you'll want to do them since they're a very easy Daily Mission to complete.

a cat on an apple fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Oct 31, 2018

Gnumonic
Dec 11, 2005

Maybe you thought I was the Packard Goose?
Is there a reason why every single hard dungeon group I join disbands immediately? Cuz sitting here for an hour trying to find a group that will at least try is, uh, kind of lovely.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Gnumonic posted:

Is there a reason why every single hard dungeon group I join disbands immediately? Cuz sitting here for an hour trying to find a group that will at least try is, uh, kind of lovely.

Going through the automated system? Turn off Temple of Immortals in the list of dungeons.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

Gnumonic posted:

Hard Dungeons don't scale per player count, so one person leaving means everyone else might as well leave. Then, Fire Dragon and Temple of Immortals have queue preference to Priest and Knight respectively, so those players get instant queues while everyone else has to wait for those people to be in enough supply to be divvied amongst everyone else. Frequently they abuse their privilege by looking at player stats and, if it's determined the fight will probably take too long (badly geared people who barely know what their doing can easily make FD 30 minutes long) they just leave.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

a cat on an apple posted:

Then, Fire Dragon and Temple of Immortals have queue preference to Priest and Knight respectively, so those players get instant queues

That explains a lot. I was wondering why the hell queueing for FD on my barely 2100 if I cheese it Priest was instant.

(even if it took a while I still A-ranked it and didn't let anyone die so :c00l:)

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
Once you get your GS up to 3k just start using the party finder instead of the automatic dungeon finder imo.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Can I just wait till I reach 60 before doing Hard dungeons?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nechronic posted:

Once you get your GS up to 3k just start using the party finder instead of the automatic dungeon finder imo.

Play with goons, no problems.

Edly
Jun 1, 2007

Mill Village posted:

Can I just wait till I reach 60 before doing Hard dungeons?

Sure. Also, getting from 50 to 60 is super easy if you just sit in Tria and use auto-performance vouchers. It takes maybe an evening of checking in once every 30-60 minutes to pop a new voucher.

Gnumonic
Dec 11, 2005

Maybe you thought I was the Packard Goose?
I applied to MapleGoons and LLJK as Galataea if a space frees up.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Hello, gunes. I'm a still recovering RO player, the OP says this is an isometric 3d game, does it compare to RO at all?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Truga posted:

Hello, gunes. I'm a still recovering RO player, the OP says this is an isometric 3d game, does it compare to RO at all?

Feels very like RO, if you liked RO, you'll do fine here. :getin: to the discord, and we will get you sortinghatted into one or the other guild.

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
Looking to join the guild on USeast, in game name : EMPIT

Either of the two is fine. also on discord as tipme

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Just jumped from 21 to 28 day off accessing the herb island. What's the fastest way to grind to 50? I want overalls for my char asap.

Ark
Aug 20, 2000

Now that's a big loving Whale Shark.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

DisDisDis posted:

Just jumped from 21 to 28 day off accessing the herb island. What's the fastest way to grind to 50? I want overalls for my char asap.

Epic Questline. While you can feasibly level up however you want compared to traditional MMOs, Epic Questline is by far the fastest method. Once you hit 50, the scaling on everything else catches up quite a bit, and you'll no doubt hit 60 almost instantaneously just by doing things you should be doing.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

nyttyn posted:

I'd assumed mount stones were temp or one-use things so thanks for recommending them

Ark posted:

Now that's a big loving Whale Shark.

Haha rad. I think one cube is a metre in length, so this thing must be, like, ten maps long? I guess this game never really cares about keeping things in scale

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

https://twitter.com/JungsooLee7/status/1058036073954037760

:getin:

(I probably still won't get a Kandura's Pendant by the end of this.)

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm trying to decide what I should focus on with the double rewards. Probably BeyondLink Tris and Rune Temple I guess, since I need some Onyx weapons, and Kandura's Pendant and Nutaman's earrings are great and would sell for a ton if I change my mind/get more than one; meanwhile, my Murpagoth weapon is perfect and I have a ton of spares for enchantment fodder, the FD unique epics suck, the Labyrinth has none, I have both Varrelant uniques already, and the Ancient Rune weapons suck too. Only the Balrog stuff is tempting/good, and even then it's not really great for a Wizard.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Yeah, as an Archer I'm gonna be focusing on Lubelisk and Tris for Varrekant gear and a Kandura's Pendant.

I have a feeling I will not get either because RNG hates me, but hey. :v:

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Oh yeah, if I didn't already have V's horns and wings, Lubelisk would definitely be my priority. I got absurdly lucky though, so I don't have much need to go there besides to help friends and stuff.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

All HM weapons will get the 4x proc boost in all raids now.

As the owner of a max piercing/max total damage Murpagoth bow, I am ecstatic about this change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

So with this change in mind, what's the ideal weapon and stats for Chaos Raids? Last time I checked it was:

Murpagoth > MSL > Ancient Rune

Piercing > Phys/Mag Piercing > Boss Damage > Total Damage

Is that right, and/or does that change at all with this announcement?