Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

AARD VARKMAN posted:

wendys should just sell straight up nachos imo

They should, I'm honestly surprised they don't since it would fit right in with their more different stuff like chili and taco salad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

AARD VARKMAN posted:

its corn /!\ /!\

Hot & Spicy Crispy Corn (Toasted Corn [Corn, Canola Oil, Sea Salt], Hot & Spicy Seasoning [Salt, Chili Peppers, Cayenne Peppers, Spice Extractives, Torula Yeast, Natural Flavors], Canola Oil), Seasoned Tortilla Strip (Corn Masa Flour, Vegetable Oil [Sunflower, Safflower and/or Canola], Seasoning [Tomato Powder, Salt, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Torula Yeast, Sugar, Green Bell Pepper, Spices, Citric Acid, Chili Pepper, Natural Flavors]).

lol they put corn nuts on a burger

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
drat corn NUTS on a burger actually sounds pretty dope

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!

AARD VARKMAN posted:

Do they not still sell those round yellow tortilla chips with chilli and the liquid cheese for the potatoes as a menu item?

Free Kyoon
Free SPR
Free cuppy tea

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

this is going to break every tooth in reviewbrah's head

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Nikumatic posted:

drat corn NUTS on a burger actually sounds pretty dope

I don't think this is available in Canada but I would extremely gently caress with this.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

*Pulls up*

"Hello, could you put a scoop of your corn and tortilla strips on a bowl of your chili, and maybe do the same with a baked potato? Also a side Caeser salad?"

"This, this is a Wendy's drive thru..."

"Hell yeah it is!"

I don't think I would do this having worked the trenches in the past, but, it sounds good.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I knew I had to give them a shot once I saw there were corn nuts on there, so I was gonna grab one for lunch today. I even double-checked the website to make sure it was out, but when I got there my local restaurant didn't have them yet :(
C'mon, Wendy's, where's the questionably accessorized beef??

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

The LIQUOR BOTTLES are out in full force.
MOM is surely nearby.

AARD VARKMAN posted:

They used to back when the SuperBar was a thing, they were disgustingly good

You could get spaghetti, too

Testvan
Nov 10, 2003
i ate the wendys corn nuts
they were pretty good

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

things i miss from my childhood:

the arch delux
wendy's salad bar
the interior of a 1999 taco bell.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Pizza Hut Tiffany lampshades.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Baron von Eevl posted:

Pizza Hut Tiffany lampshades.

there weren't a ton of pizza huts up here in southern mass. even now the closest one to me is over the line in rhode island and refuses to deliver to us except on doordash.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Tried the Corn Nut burger, it was good. Didn't really notice the corn stuff too much except for the bits that fell off into the wrapper. One of you guys that loves really hot stuff should see if you can get the Ghost Pepper Chicken sandwich on the Jalapeno Cheddar bun.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.
Okay, so which one of you have tried the new Loaded Nacho Cheese Burger?

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

drat, better than i thought possible; they didn't have jalapeno cheddar buns at my location tho. but the queso is actually good with a tiny bit of heat to it, goes really well with their beef, the corn nuts add a little bit of crunch, it's probably the best tasting wendy's lto i can remember having

tried a strawberry frosty too and that can go straight in the garbage

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I finally got one today, and I'm a bit more mixed. It's not bad, and I actually like the crunchy bits, but I feel like it needs one more flavor note beyond the queso + heat. Weird, because I've complained a couple of times about their limited time sandwiches being a little too busy flavorwise.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The photography in the commercial makes fairly basic and normal ingredients that probably tastesfine look like one of the most disgusting things I've seen.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Had one today and I really didn't like the crunchy bits. They had a weird mouthfeel to them. Also the sandwich was just a mess to eat.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Has anyone tried the new breakfast sandwiches? I love me a mcmuffin, so somebody else having those sound great. The opinions I've seen so far have been split between "McDonald's killer" or "nasty waste of money" though, so I keep chickening out in case it's the latter.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Unless there are new ones from the last like 2 months I've had a few and didn't care for them. The breakfast baconator was okay, the croissant roll ones were pretty nasty - the "croissant" was super oily and tasted overwhelmingly like fake butter flavor.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Nah, there's some newer ones that have English muffins and mcmuffin style whole eggs. I mostly don't like Wendy's breakfasts except for the meats, so I thought changing the other parts of it might be worthwhile.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
I had the sausage cheese breakfast biscuit (no egg) and found the biscuit to be rather dry :lofty:

Free Kyoon
Free SPR
Free cuppy tea

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Dokapon Findom posted:

I had the sausage cheese breakfast biscuit (no egg) and found the biscuit to be rather dry :lofty:

I tried some kind of breakfast biscuit sandwich a while back, and I couldn't even make it halfway through. No texture, no salt, it was like eating a mouthful of flour. I don't know how they screwed it up so much, I figured biscuits were something even a fast food joint couldn't make inedible.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Captain Hygiene posted:

Has anyone tried the new breakfast sandwiches? I love me a mcmuffin, so somebody else having those sound great. The opinions I've seen so far have been split between "McDonald's killer" or "nasty waste of money" though, so I keep chickening out in case it's the latter.

The Sausage and Egg English Muffin is pretty good, I prefer it to the Croissant just because of the sliced cheese over the weird swiss cheese sauce the Croissant gets.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

breakfast croissants are always underwhelming. just too gooey

----------------

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Breakfast baconator is by far the best thing on the breakfast menu imo. I tried the English muffin and it was dry as hell. Same with the biscuit. Actually same with that maple chicken thing. Bfast Baconator is just a solid-rear end sandwich that I've almost never been disappointed with.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Like everything at Wendy’s I thought the breakfast was really good at the start but it fell off big time after a few months.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Ok, I finally got around to trying a not-mcmuffin this morning. Results: mixed. The insides were fine, on par with the real one, but the English muffin wasn't so great. Tougher texture and way too strong of a crust on it, it felt like the muffin had been around a bit too long. I'd be perfectly fine getting it again if that's an anomaly.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

mcds muffins are good because of the "captain crunch had a baby with barbed wire" levels of craggy toastiness going on, no one else is gonna take an industrial grade flamethrower to your muffins the way they do

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Dokapon Findom posted:

McDonald's breakfast supremacy solidified.

Free Kyoon
Free SPR
Free cuppy tea

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
Just had a pumpkin spice frosty. Why did I get a medium? Came melted, was gross by the third bite. Now it's turbo time for diarrhea. 3/5

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

looking for another
Fallen Rib
Pumpkin spice hot snakes in the Wendy's ®™ thread

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I didn't even know that was a thing :barf:

I know it just makes me a complainy old guy, but none of the flavors other than chocolate add anything for me, and they've felt progressively worse with each one :bahgawd:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

only psychos order vanilla shakes but strawberry is fun every once in awhile

----------------

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I do not consider a frosty a shake.

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

looking for another
Fallen Rib
The strawberry one was actually pretty good and I was miffed that despite being out of it for *months,* they kept up all the marketing materials in and around the restaurant. It was tasty though and I'm not even like crazy for fake strawberry flavor (the strawberry frosted flakes we bought were disgusting)

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

i say swears online posted:

only psychos order vanilla shakes

some places make a good vanilla shake, but...

Rick posted:

I do not consider a frosty a shake.

chocolate frosty always

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

#1 castoreum fan

Free Kyoon
Free SPR
Free cuppy tea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Good morning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn8KfYOOEuc