Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo
oaugh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

FirstnameLastname posted:

[20:01:12] <alpmighty> Too bad it was loving deadtear who called him out on this pedo asshattery and he does not forget

drat right

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

[20:21:47] <themittani> also drop the loving bfm thing please, the victim posted on kugu years ago that while the guy is a shitbird she's not keen on being used as a bloody shirt in space politics every other month
[20:22:16] <themittani> she's a friend of a lot of the fanfest crew and i'd prefer to respect her stance on the matter

(Editor's note: Hmmmmmmmm what a strange thing for him to take such a strong position on, seeing at this point he'd been harboring a pedophile for years.
s it because he doesn't want the "victim was groomed through goonfleet.com part coming out?" Or was it to keep attention away from BFM?

Why does Mittani keep wanting to protect pedophiles?

Why would the victim ask Mittani to protect the person who sexually abused her? WHY WOULD HE COMPLY with that request if it DID happen? Her post is at the bottom of his one btw.
Notice the similarity in tone with this message by the sexpestia gianturcoand the "Drop the Xenuria stuff"broadcast. Maybe BFM was 'useful' to Mittani as well?
f he knew about this crime and that it was a real crime, why wouldn't he report it to the FBI? IT HAPPENED ON GOONFLEET.COM
Isn't this guy supposed to be a lawyer? )

Did you see this?

shutupandshave posted:

I saw some unsubstatiated evidence that the girl actually lied, and has since then apologised to him multiple times. I don't know if that's true but I'd certainly want to know more before I thought about making up my mind. BFM could be completely lying, he could have been completely set up. I don't know. Simarlily PL might have seen this evidence, verified it and gone "ok, not a pedo shitlord". I'm not defending anybody. I'm not accusing anybody. I just dont know.

Perhaps suas is secretly working with mittani in the EVE twist of the decade!

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004
BFM himself produced that "letter from her father" which was literally "it's cool for you to take my underage daughter big Americaman" but I am sure "unsubstantiated claims" trump reality

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Potato Salad posted:

You're The Mittani Now, Dog

lol

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Potato Salad posted:

You're The Mittani Now, Dog

:nsavince:

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

xtothez posted:

Did you see this?

[21:57:55] <alpmighty> I even saw the e-mails he forged in which he had the audacity have the girl's father say 'Oh by all means please take my underage daughter and dominate her sexually, we are honored

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Jesus loving christ.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

[21:57:55] <alpmighty> I even saw the e-mails he forged in which he had the audacity have the girl's father say 'Oh by all means please take my underage daughter and dominate her sexually, we are honored

it really is just so... impressive. how do you decide that this is a good idea, how?

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

xtothez posted:

Hey man, I'm taking a break for a few days, but can we not do this? Raytrum's stupid horse post really messed me up and I had to step away before I started posting politics in FYAD or some other form of seeking abuse, and I don't think accusing suas of secretly working with Mittani is a cool joke.

Zodium fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Jul 20, 2022

shutupandshave
May 11, 2006
SUAS

I've emailed you, I've pm'd you. Replying might be a good step

shutupandshave
May 11, 2006
SUAS

xtothez posted:

Did you see this?

Why the hell haven't you deleted the alliance yet. Just rip the bandaid off. Also give me back my titan component BPO's. Thx in advance.

edit:

Spice World War II posted:

BFM himself produced that "letter from her father" which was literally "it's cool for you to take my underage daughter big Americaman" but I am sure "unsubstantiated claims" trump reality

I was unaware of that. I was just keen not to turn the last thread into a pitchfork powered witch hunt based on the limited knowledge I had.

shutupandshave fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Jul 20, 2022

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

oh lol, xttz is still in?

Weird how the people who are staying in Groomswarm while showing no contrition for their part in building the cult seem to keep casting aspersions on the people who left and did. Probably a coincidence.

shutupandshave
May 11, 2006
SUAS

Zodium posted:

Weird how the people who are staying in Groomswarm while showing no contrition for their part in building the cult seem to keep casting aspersions on the people who left and did. Probably a coincidence.

Not just "in" but literally owning the alliance from what was posted.

almighty
Mar 9, 2011

:colbert:

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

[20:21:47] <themittani> also drop the loving bfm thing please, the victim posted on kugu years ago that while the guy is a shitbird she's not keen on being used as a bloody shirt in space politics every other month
[20:22:16] <themittani> she's a friend of a lot of the fanfest crew and i'd prefer to respect her stance on the matter

(Editor's note: Hmmmmmmmm what a strange thing for him to take such a strong position on, seeing at this point he'd been harboring a pedophile for years.
s it because he doesn't want the "victim was groomed through goonfleet.com part coming out?" Or was it to keep attention away from BFM?

Why does Mittani keep wanting to protect pedophiles?

Why would the victim ask Mittani to protect the person who sexually abused her? WHY WOULD HE COMPLY with that request if it DID happen? Her post is at the bottom of his one btw.
Notice the similarity in tone with this message by the sexpestia gianturcoand the "Drop the Xenuria stuff"broadcast. Maybe BFM was 'useful' to Mittani as well?
f he knew about this crime and that it was a real crime, why wouldn't he report it to the FBI? IT HAPPENED ON GOONFLEET.COM
Isn't this guy supposed to be a lawyer? )

pump the loving brakes here man.

mittani is 100% right here. it's not "defending pedophiles" to say that you shouldn't be using real-life safety concerns as a pretext for fake space politics. when someone asks you to stop going after their abuser because it's just making their life more difficult and offering them no relief, it's correct to respect that. and it's not hard to believe that low-stakes poo poo like motivating people to fight space wars is not something offering her any solace.

"is mittani secretly working with BFM?" does not naturally flow from "mittani respected the stated wishes of BFM's victim".

Cease to Hope fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Jul 20, 2022

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Someone unblacklist me and make me waffe ceo it would be very funny

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Yeah, as much as mittens is a huge jerk, "let's not use this person's victimization as a cheap bludgeon for space politics" is a reasonable position and doesn't necessarily imply condoning the person who did the victimizing.

Obviously everyone's different and their reactions are different but my own personal journey with something similar (not eve or goon related), I prefer that because my situation never really became common knowledge within the community it was something I had the power to disclose as much or as little of as I want, to who I want, when I want rather than something that's constantly brought up by others whenever they think it's convenient or relevant.. Of course I have to balance that with my own nagging thoughts about what if there were other victims but, you know, you win some you lose some. :shrug:

That said gently caress BFM, and double-gently caress him for apparently pulling some "well actually she was lying all along guys" change of tune poo poo years down the road.

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Not the other one, couldn't stand the other one. Nope nope nope. Here, enjoy this bird.

I think the only text in my EveO char bio was "Deadtear's only fan" for the large part of my GSF time.

But it's been so long since I played, I have no idea why.

Glad to see those fan numbers going up here recently.

E: I still have GSF forum access I guess. Should I do a ban me or something?

Evil SpongeBob fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Jul 20, 2022

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Cease to Hope posted:

mittani is 100% right here. it's not "defending pedophiles" to say that you shouldn't be using real-life safety concerns as a pretext for fake space politics. when someone asks you to stop going after their abuser because it's just making their life more difficult and offering them no relief, it's correct to respect that. and it's not hard to believe that low-stakes poo poo like motivating people to fight space wars is not something offering her any solace.

Yeah, let’s tread a little lighter here. These are complex issues and we’re going to need to talk through them at times, but the time for screeds and walls of chat logs about mittens is probably over.

Macha
Mar 6, 2016
So PanFam gets a pass at harboring a pedophile child groomer? OK.. lol

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

I'd think a good compromise would be to kick him out, ban him from all major communities, and then never speak of him ever again.

spazzhole
Aug 2, 2003

Dear Sandy,

Ever since that day I hit you, I've felt like we haven't been as close.

Zodium posted:

The people who stayed are largely in the gently caress Mittani forever camp and hated him before this went down. I posted a few times basically saying all the ways the Mittani and the alliance have hosed up leading to this and I know some people in illum took it seriously.

I don't know a single person who actually liked the guy who wasn't a complete stooge. There are valid reasons for people staying. Not everyone agrees with the BURN EVERYTHING DOWN mantra. it's not a zero-sum game. The alliance seems to now understand this wasn't just some random flare up that happened over the course of a few days and that it had been silently building for a decade due to systemic problems. One of the first things Adj said publicly was that for the entire time Mittens was executor, Waffe has been treated like second class citizens and were failed by leadership. They know about the organization's role leading to this.

Mittens is gone; the changes I wanted to see are either here or coming. If they don't hold to their word or he comes back, I'm out. But until then I'm seeing how it plays out.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

spazzhole posted:

The people who stayed are largely in the gently caress Mittani forever camp and hated him before this went down. I posted a few times basically saying all the ways the Mittani and the alliance have hosed up leading to this and I know some people in illum took it seriously.

Good for you for making a stand, but I've been in and out of the jabber and forums since I left and the massive majority of opinions have been "mittani did nothing wrong he's a king this was a psyop" to the more restrained "the SA thread was a toxic woke cesspool, both sides have done wrong but harassing mittens was mean"

If there's a contingent of people in the alliance saying "gently caress mittens I always hated him" then they're keeping it very quiet

spazzhole
Aug 2, 2003

Dear Sandy,

Ever since that day I hit you, I've felt like we haven't been as close.

NtotheTC posted:

Good for you for making a stand, but I've been in and out of the jabber and forums since I left and the massive majority of opinions have been "mittani did nothing wrong he's a king this was a psyop" to the more restrained "the SA thread was a toxic woke cesspool, both sides have done wrong but harassing mittens was mean"

If there's a contingent of people in the alliance saying "gently caress mittens I always hated him" then they're keeping it very quiet

I was referring to the people in Waffe, sorry my bad

Some of the other line members have been pretty lovely about it, but pretty much all went away when directors started posting about it. I don't really give a poo poo what a random line member thinks about this, it's the corp CEO's and the people in illum who matter in this.

Macha
Mar 6, 2016

spazzhole posted:

Mittens is gone; the changes I wanted to see are either here or coming. If they don't hold to their word or he comes back, I'm out. But until then I'm seeing how it plays out.

This is pretty reasonable. Most goons I’ve flown with at least seem to be swell people. Recently helped us dunk Parabellum in W-Space. Was a great time. I really hope that the changes are coming as I have thought of joining goons at some point to give null life a try. If the coming changes are real and do stick, then I might do just that.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Macha posted:

obviously not! throwing him out of panfam seems like it'd be good for the people in panfam. but using his victim as a casus belli for star wars is disrespecting her wishes

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

NtotheTC posted:

How many times do I have to post on SA that I haven't liked Mittens for a while to satisfy you?

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Macha posted:

no but if you can find the SA forums poster who can sort that problem out for good you'll get a gold star and an attaboy from the MMO HMO mods

the rest of us will be over in our little corner of the net setting up a new corp and somewhat satisfied with having completely broken all relations to mittens, xenuria, and the rest of the imperium U18 recruitment collective

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Syndic Thrass posted:

How many times do I have to post on SA that I haven't liked Mittens for a while to satisfy you?

Nobody really cares what a few people say on SA when the alliance is filled to the brim with karmafleet reddit pedophiles who are constantly banging the drums about how toxic and woke we all are lmao

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

spazzhole posted:

I don't know a single person who actually liked the guy who wasn't a complete stooge. There are valid reasons for people staying. Not everyone agrees with the BURN EVERYTHING DOWN mantra. it's not a zero-sum game. The alliance seems to now understand this wasn't just some random flare up that happened over the course of a few days and that it had been silently building for a decade due to systemic problems. One of the first things Adj said publicly was that for the entire time Mittens was executor, Waffe has been treated like second class citizens and were failed by leadership. They know about the organization's role leading to this.

The first step in proving they do care is to stop calling what happened drama

The 2nd is to ban Mittani from all services.

The 3rd step is unbanning all of us who ate it because we didnt let that poo poo rest. Banned for shitposting was clear retaliation.

4th would be an apology to all of us who got banned.

At the moment Illum are fumbling their way to step 1 and are handling case of harassement/pedophilia about as well.as the Catholic Church.

Syndic Thrass posted:

This isnt about you. Jesus f christ go take a look a Theta helldump on their discord to see the dumbest take on this whole affair. Plenty of these ppl are here and there are many like them throughout the alliance.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Dalael posted:

Jesus f christ go take a look a Theta helldump on their discord to see the dumbest take on this whole affair. Plenty of these ppl are here and there are many like them throughout the alliance.

I'm all set, I hear that place is...... a cesspool.

goninzo
Aug 26, 2009

All around decent avatar

Ben Smash posted:

Oh hey bud! It was a bad time in my life, for sure. Eve was part of the cycle but the interactions I had in the last few months after I unsubbed ultimately led to a better life. A long, windy road, to be sure but I am grateful for the opportunity to meet stone cold weirdos like yourself.

Good to see you, my man. I wish you only the best.

almighty
Mar 9, 2011

I have said that more than seven years ago. It wasn't about space politics back then, it sure as hell does not have anything to do with space politics either. I would call out an adult, who knowingly approached a child for sexual purposes and who groomed a child, without any regard to circumstances without hesitation.
As I've told the inquiring parties the last week, my only concern at the moment is the protection of the identity and the privacy of the victim, who was 14 at the time of her grooming by the BFM.
Allow me to reiterate this again: BobFromMarketing grooming a 14 year old female through EVE Online is not an allegation. BobFromMarketing himself admitted doing so when he made the (rather comedic) claim of the relationship being consensual.
And yeah, even if there are some among you that'd consider giving weight to such a claim, I'd like to remind you in most jurisdictions around the world, an underage (below the age of consent) victim's consent amounts to nada and is completely irrelevant.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Dalael posted:

Banned for shitposting was clear retaliation.

It's a shameful day when goonfleet dot com permabans shitposters. What the gently caress

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Macha posted:

Nobody said that?

almighty
Mar 9, 2011

Ben Smash posted:

Didn't want that sov anyway

Hi Ben!

Bigbillthaboss posted:

I feel like most of the posters in here would fit in well with Pochven if they made a group to take on the triangle madness. Also you can blops bridge from inside Pochven to outside nearby areas just fyi.

What's with ~the cabal~ controlling, or holding Pochven and turning a profit off of it? I think dragonshardz made the mention of such a clique before. The story definitely peaked my curiosity.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
It’s a video game, you can kick people out because you just don’t like them or they are giving off creepy vibes, there ain’t no employment tribunals in eve.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

spazzhole posted:

Groomswarm leadership is taking it so seriously that they have yet to so much as verbally disavow Alex, let alone ban him or cut ties with his business. He's not gone. He's just biding his time, and only a chump would believe otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006
I ebayed my EQ account and all I got was an SA account

Zodium posted:

Groomswarm leadership is taking it so seriously that they have yet to so much as verbally disavow Alex, let alone ban him or cut ties with his business. He's not gone. He's just biding his time, and only a chump would believe otherwise.

Several issues arise with someone holding power for such a long time. When new blood would join GSF. Alex was the only leader and voice they knew. Gone were the squads and the directors became sycophants. Without detractors to keep him honest. His narcissism kept growing larger.