Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Manoueverable posted:

I have to imagine someone will eventually do a long-form piece about how weird Clowney's career has been because he hasn't quite been a bust but being this weird journeyman hasn't been nearly what I expected from him either.

I get the take that he's not necessarily a bad football player by any means But the number one overall pick should not be a journeyman. I feel like you would have to try very hard to find a Texans fan who doesn't consider him a bust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Antonio Clowney

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I need to see the coin toss.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I need to see the coin toss.

Special edition of RedZone

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Antonio Clowney

I'll allow it

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Lol I looked at the competition committee and it has Frank Reich on it.

Katie Blackburn is still on there, as well as the Ravens. Potentially a reason the proposal looks unfavorable to the Bengals is that she argued against any rules change versus arguing for the benefit of the team.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Looks like the owners approved the proposal, according to ESPN.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Unrelated to anything I looked up Chris Kiffin and yes, he's Monte's kid. Also he's a big old guy compared to Lane:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

When the chicken wings from last night suddenly hit wrong

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Eifert Posting posted:

I get the take that he's not necessarily a bad football player by any means But the number one overall pick should not be a journeyman. I feel like you would have to try very hard to find a Texans fan who doesn't consider him a bust.

I don’t think journeyman is really the right label for him. He’s a step above that but below a star player, it’s just that where he was picked makes him look worse. He’s been a +run defender and better at getting pressure than sacks.

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Grittybeard posted:

Unrelated to anything I looked up Chris Kiffin and yes, he's Monte's kid. Also he's a big old guy compared to Lane:

Definition of a Lug and/or Lummox

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I don’t think journeyman is really the right label for him. He’s a step above that but below a star player, it’s just that where he was picked makes him look worse. He’s been a +run defender and better at getting pressure than sacks.

He's Demarcus Lawrence

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Dr_Strangelove posted:

Possibly even a palooka

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Florio, so grain of salt

posted:

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, 25 owners voted in favor of the changes, with three or four voting no and the rest abstaining.

Who are the cowards who abstained lol

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Nodoze posted:

Florio, so grain of salt

Who are the cowards who abstained lol

I'm curious too. If they're NFC owners, I could understand not wanting to put your thumb on the scale.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Wouldn't worry about the Ravens in the playoffs

https://twitter.com/jonas_shaffer/status/1611426046141943808?s=20

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
Typical anti-Steelers bias from the NFL. After the Chiefs win tomorrow, it's hard to imagine the Bills going all-in to win on Sunday with no bye to fight for.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The Little Kielbasa posted:

Typical anti-Steelers bias from the NFL. After the Chiefs win tomorrow, it's hard to imagine the Bills going all-in to win on Sunday with no bye to fight for.

They lose their divisional home game if they lose and the Bengals win.

Weather intentionally or not the rules change pretty much maximizes the overall NFLs incentive to play their week 18 games on the level.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Add a new one to the video

https://twitter.com/_quoththeravens/status/1610823620342984704?s=46&t=6hoBUaDww5CErD2gYvXO4w

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Diva Cupcake posted:

Clowney isn't even good. 43 sacks in 9 years.

I don’t have much of an opinion on Clowney, but I was reminded of this sequence the other day and I do have an opinion on it (it rules):

https://youtu.be/Av64tmEnXCw

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Clowney is decent, but he clearly overvalues himself. It feels like he is just jumping between teams offering him the largest 1 year contract hoping to go off and get a payout and when it's clear that won't happen, burn a bridge and repeat. I am so thankful Seattle didn't give him a huge contract because they tried.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Put Torry Holt in the HOF

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

DariusLikewise posted:

Put Torry Holt in the HOF

If you're a peak over longevity person yeah he didn't last as long as some others but holy poo poo that peak. 7 damned years of dominance.

I think they all deserve to be in but I've been on Holt's bandwagon all along.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

https://twitter.com/MikeClayNFL/status/1611396204276899843?s=20&t=ZDUiTU6zjVim5NLaThLhAA

Disgusting that Brock Purdy, Joe "Elite" Flacco, and Tyrod Taylor be lumped in with all the other rabble on this list.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Disgusting that Brock Purdy, Joe "Elite" Flacco, and Tyrod Taylor be lumped in with all the other rabble on this list.

There's only one actual areospace engineer in that tweet and you're ignoring him :mad:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the red rocket designer

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Grittybeard posted:

There's only one actual aerospace engineer in that tweet and you're ignoring him :mad:
Dobbs hasnt played a lot of football so he missed the cut :shrug:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

https://twitter.com/MikeClayNFL/status/1611396204276899843?s=20&t=ZDUiTU6zjVim5NLaThLhAA

Darnold for sure sucks but he's thrown 7 tds, 1 pick and has a rating over 100 in his cameo this season. Purdy has been good too. bit harsh.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
wow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPdBuizE6dg&t=8s

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

BlindSite posted:

Darnold for sure sucks but he's thrown 7 tds, 1 pick and has a rating over 100 in his cameo this season. Purdy has been good too. bit harsh.

i've enjoyed watching darnold's mini comeback on the panthers this year, guy's from my hometown/went to my high school so go darnold go

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I’m curious where Darnold heads after this season. He’s an UFA and he’s not exactly the swing for the fences option that Tepper is looking for.

I’m guessing Colts or Rams.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Freaquency posted:

I don’t have much of an opinion on Clowney, but I was reminded of this sequence the other day and I do have an opinion on it (it rules):

https://youtu.be/Av64tmEnXCw

That poor RB lmao. Also the way Clowney just picks up the ball like he's picking up his grocery bag.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/pff_mike/status/1611497912890167298?s=46&t=IlKaaJFpbPGD5EP2BwuA6A

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Diva Cupcake posted:

I’m curious where Darnold heads after this season. He’s an UFA and he’s not exactly the swing for the fences option that Tepper is looking for.

I’m guessing Colts or Rams.

I think most of it depends on what happens with the search for a coach and QB. Probably comes back on a cheap if we draft someone.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Dr_Strangelove posted:

This man knows Derek Lokey.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

important fact made by and stolen from the smartest website in existence

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

It must be so weird to spend an entire day in that room

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Cavauro posted:

Geno Smith’s 2023 regression looking good though.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Cavauro posted:

joe burrow elevates everyone. he’s so good at getting the ball caught. nobody like him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Cavauro posted:

gently caress tom brady