Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Matinee
Sep 15, 2007

"FineWoven" is one of the worst bullshit Apple marketing neologisms they've come up with in a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Matinee posted:

"FineWoven" is one of the worst bullshit Apple marketing neologisms they've come up with in a while.

I'm 90% certain that they were called "Vegan<something>" at one point until somebody did the market research and realized the absolute poo poo-show that term would cause.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Fine Cookrinthian Leather

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

Fine Cupertinian Leather

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

mediaphage posted:

lol an 8% loan to buy a fuckin phone noty

you should see the rates for a 927,000 dollar house!

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple on pizzadog derangement syndrome

Dijkstracula posted:

Fine Cupertinian Leather

Craig Federighide

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I went to kids school production last night and the plot was like bill n teds excellent adventure and when they picked up Michaelangelo the first thing he said was mama mia

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

echinopsis posted:

I went to kids school production last night and the plot was like bill n teds excellent adventure and when they picked up Michaelangelo the first thing he said was mama mia

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

400 posts of puuuure appel

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
how do you like them? grabualsa

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

still doesn’t sound like there’s any reason to upgrade my iPhone 12. thanks, Tim!

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
nah, there haven't been any new elements discovered or anything. just an incremental bump. if you, ah, if you like your phone, you can keep it

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Beeftweeter posted:

probably €29. a while ago the exchange rate was almost 1:1, idk what it is now but it can't be too different

I was in Italy when it was 1:1 (and based on my credit card charges, it was better than that at times) and it was very nice buying things that were already relatively cheaper than in the US.

the dollar's a touch weaker right now, but it's still like 1.07USD = 1 EUR

I'm hoping this holds until we go back in the spring

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

nah, there haven't been any new elements discovered or anything. just an incremental bump. if you, ah, if you like your phone, you can keep it

at this point I’m just going to use it until it breaks

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

akadajet posted:

at this point I’m just going to use it until it breaks

i did that with my SE except i had a spare too.

eventually the backlights on both got so dim they were unusable outside.

lasted like ... what, six year or so? P deece imo.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

apple also quietly updated the airpods pro with usb-c as well

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Jonny 290 posted:

they made the nanometres smaller

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
euro prices are like 100 cheaper for most phones because the us prices didnt change and the exchange rate is better than this time last year

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

FCKGW posted:

god dammit

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

FCKGW posted:

not that i really want it but i wonder if you can just get a new case and stick the airpods in it. i mean, i have some extras but they're all counterfeit and don't pair correctly with them, so idk lol

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

poty posted:

euro prices are like 100 cheaper for most phones because the us prices didnt change and the exchange rate is better than this time last year

you can't get support with a device bought in another country though. i found that out the hard way and now my wife has a partially busted ipad pro she bought here, with valid applecare+, that she tried to get serviced in korea. no such luck, so now she has to mail it to me and i have to take it to an apple store and then mail it back to her

thanks tim

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

good

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Beeftweeter posted:

you can't get support with a device bought in another country though. i found that out the hard way and now my wife has a partially busted ipad pro she bought here, with valid applecare+, that she tried to get serviced in korea. no such luck, so now she has to mail it to me and i have to take it to an apple store and then mail it back to her

thanks tim

yeah also its a bad deal if you dont live in europe anyway because im pretty sure they have the highest sales tax on earth

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Jonny 290 posted:

same for the watches. i got the 8 and it was a notable upgrade from a 3, but the 9 looks like spec bumps and a neat gesture concept that will result in more accidentally dismissed morning alarms imo

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Agile Vector posted:

same for the watches. i got the 8 and it was a notable upgrade from a 3, but the 9 looks like spec bumps and a neat gesture concept that will result in more accidentally dismissed morning alarms imo

jumping up 5 generations was a more noticeable difference than jumping up 1 appears to be, you say :thunk:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
remember the 30 pin parallel port cable the iphones had

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

one day ill construct that usbc-to-1/4” bayo adapter i keep talking about

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

echinopsis posted:

no i dont op

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

post hole digger posted:

jumping up 5 generations was a more noticeable difference than jumping up 1 appears to be, you say :thunk:

i mean!!! it's not that they added a new sensor this generation, or a different screen behavior (brighter is nicer) just more polishing

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

goblin week posted:

what the gently caress??

cybertruck-rear end, homegoods cookware rear end phone lol

nice thats what i was waiting for

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

i do turn alway on on occasionally, so if it's more efficient that's cool but also not a new feature

edit: i guess local siri processing is new? i thought it already did that, though

Agile Vector fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Sep 12, 2023

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
god the lens bump looks so bad lol

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i like it and think it's cool and fashionable.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

echinopsis posted:

yeah i loved it

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Jonny 290 posted:

i like it and think it's cool and fashionable.

i mean like i said i actually don't mind the titanium finish, i think it looks pretty good. but it'd look even better with a flat back a la the iphone 4, aka the best designed mobile device ever made

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
similarly wondering if people are going to use the silent "switch" as a home button now

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

any BUZZ about the pro?

i wonder if this is the year more people buy the 15 reg and pass on the ugly pro

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Beeftweeter posted:

i mean like i said i actually don't mind the titanium finish, i think it looks pretty good. but it'd look even better with a flat back a la the iphone 4, aka the best designed mobile device ever made

The universe will cool to 0 degrees Kelvin before that happens again. I don't know what to say other than the market dictates fancier cameras than you can fit in 5mm of depth. Little flip phones exist i guess

it would be neat if we had a basic 4 cylinder car with a carburetor and points you can maintain with a 10mm socket and a flathead screwdriver, too but those are times past.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

goblin week posted:

no i dont op

r u only 14

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Beeftweeter posted:

god the lens bump looks so bad lol

bearing in mind only sociopaths use their phone without a case, and given that cases exist, a camera bump is actually a good thing