Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
meristem
Oct 2, 2010
I HAVE THE ETIQUETTE OF STIFF AND THE PERSONALITY OF A GIANT CUNT.

anilEhilated posted:

You still get murdered trying to cross the thing. Same with the wands. I guess I'm just not a very patient person, but the constant lightning out of nowhere is one of my strongest memories of BG1.
Wands, fireballs... Stinking clouds.

The most difficult fight for me was always the one on top of the ship on the werewolf island. Close quarters, resistant enemies. gently caress that.

About the actual recording, it really does seem that Bacter has gotten much better at controlling his part of the party! Congratulations on that, and also ditching Edwin. Now, if you could just get the best duo, Kivan and Viconia, into the party...

Also, if I may make a (VERY advance) request? Please rob the cellar in the Ducal Palace. Surprisingly few LPs actually do that (Hammer Floyd's in the LP archive, for example, didn't, and neither did the crazy one with all the mods.).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012

anilEhilated posted:

You still get murdered trying to cross the thing. Same with the wands. I guess I'm just not a very patient person, but the constant lightning out of nowhere is one of my strongest memories of BG1.

Use 1 potion of absorption per party member. Complete immunity to lightning makes the thing a cakewalk.

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!
I've been rewatching the Amulets & Armor LP and I noticed this line in the second update "Bacter abandons me to fulfill his dream of being a cherry farmer."

The way Khalid left the party sounds like a callback to this, even if unintentional. :D

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

I seem to recall beating that with a few fully charged wands of fireballs.

Give all your fighters 2 explosive arrows each. One mage a wand of fireball, one summoning.

That setup will punk any numbers fight in the game.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

anilEhilated posted:

The lightning doesn't shoot if you follow chess movement rules, as far as I know.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Kalenn Istarion posted:

The lightning doesn't shoot if you follow chess movement rules, as far as I know.

It's a little fiddlier than that I'm afraid. I'll go over it once we get there assuming the thread hasn't beat me to it. We've recorded the next episode, and I'll be editing it over the next couple days. For those of you who have played the game before, time to take bets: Do you think Melicamp makes it?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Mzbundifund posted:

It's a little fiddlier than that I'm afraid. I'll go over it once we get there assuming the thread hasn't beat me to it. We've recorded the next episode, and I'll be editing it over the next couple days. For those of you who have played the game before, time to take bets: Do you think Melicamp makes it?

Mellicamp will be fine. It'll be fine. He'll make it.

cigaw
Sep 13, 2012
According to my own observation bias, Mellicamp goes kablooie.

Poor lil chick. :saddowns:

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
The RNG on that one is a bitch. Boom goes Mellicamp.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av
Yep, voting that he dies.

Bacter
Jan 27, 2012

Nie wywoluj wilka z lasu, glupku.
But oh, I've been assured, the chances of him living are 50/50! :cool:

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

That chicken's outta cluck

Tendronai
May 7, 2008

My worst nightmare. It's a dream I have. I'm in a square cell, glass walls, just me and a little castle.
If the ironman thread is any clue, Mellicamp has clucked his last.

meristem
Oct 2, 2010
I HAVE THE ETIQUETTE OF STIFF AND THE PERSONALITY OF A GIANT CUNT.
I'll be the straight woman here. He survives. :)

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!
I've always had fantastic luck with that particular event, so I'm gonna hope you do as well and that he survives.

Charlett
Apr 2, 2011
I really hope everyone survives. :ohdear:

vdate
Oct 25, 2010
Oh no. I bought this thing and started playing along, and the chicken's, uh...goose? is cooked. It took me waaaaaay too many reloads to finish that quest right.

Orrfieldmedic
Oct 15, 2012

Bacter posted:

But oh, I've been assured, the chances of him living are 50/50! :cool:

I don't know, looking at the tally in the ironman thread it's a little bit different then 50/50.

Tag Plastic posted:

I was curious so I just did a quick Ctrl-F through both threads for "Meli" and "Chic":

Melican :) - 5
Melican't :( - 11
Meli-dropped-as-treasure-by-the-protagonist-for-Sarevok - 1

Even though I want to vote the longshot of Melicamp becomes loot for Sarevok, I have to go with the hope that Bactorc can do what I couldn't these last runs. Melicamp lives.

Tax Refund
Apr 15, 2011

The IRS gave me a refund. I spent it on this SA account. What was I thinking?!
Live, Melicamp! Live! You have so much to live for!

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Melicamp lives. Sheesh, why are goons so pessimistic? And/or murderous.

Diamato
Jul 17, 2006

Everybody's got a price for the Million Dollar Man
Melicamp dies. :kheldragar:

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Oh, Edwin. "You've not seen the last of me!" :storm away:

:storm back: "For reasons completely unrelated to my stellar navigational skills I'm going that way now. You've not seen the last of me!"

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Melicamp's gonna be dead as hell. Dude might as well be cursed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weavered
Jun 23, 2013

Just caught up with the videos and Edwin storming off the wrong way at the end of the last chapter was brilliant.

I've never played this before despite having it on the iPad for months and you showing off the hidden secrets and obscure stuff is really good. So good that I've actually started playing the thing now.

• Locked thread