Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I've counted at least half a dozen of us on Alliance, possibly more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

babydonthurtme
Apr 21, 2005
It's my first time...
Grimey Drawer
Going to be rolling a character on alliance side in a bit, just have a question about addons-- I could have sworn I saw someone with an ElvUI/TukUI esque set up in their screenshot earlier in the thread. Will I find that in one of the big addon packs? I nosed around on the TukUI forums and it seems that it's really hard to find a proper 1.12 version since they don't support private servers.

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
Send Slacktime some 14 slot bags and I'll dps any dungeon for you.

Jessie Tanner
Jan 18, 2013
Can someone throw me an invite to Blood and Tsundere? My name is Pannacotta.

tj9991
Jun 1, 2005
Skript Kiddie
Toss an invite my way as well please, in as "Herbuggy".

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

I've been playing around as Scroobius the dwarf rogue, just passed 10 and remembering how arduous low-level rogueing is. Care packages welcome.

Also, I forget how you go about levelling-up lockpicking from scratch. Did engineers make practice locks?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Downloading the client because I hate myself.

<lets get weird> again.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
ONCE YOU POP THE FUN DONT STOP

kecske posted:

I've been playing around as Scroobius the dwarf rogue, just passed 10 and remembering how arduous low-level rogueing is. Care packages welcome.

Also, I forget how you go about levelling-up lockpicking from scratch. Did engineers make practice locks?

Should be respawning chests in/around your lockpicking quest area. I know for horde its in the boat by Ratchet. And there should be a chest at your level 20 or whatever quest, where you have to assassinate a guy to be able to use poisons or something.

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

I saw my friend there out on the field today, I asked him where he's going, he said "All the way."
If you decide on Horde side give me a buzz (Gabalanzi) if you want an invite. Ill be on for a bit this afternoon (GMT time).

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
For alliance you get a quest to pick locks at level 16 or so in redridge. Pick those lockboxes until you get 75 skillups because you need it for the poison quest.

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

I saw my friend there out on the field today, I asked him where he's going, he said "All the way."
Anyone know why the server is crashing every 10 mins? Someone duping or are the devs loving around? There are 2k people online, its after work on a Firday, bad timing for that poo poo.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I read the OP, what's the latest content to go live?

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

SirPhoebos posted:

I read the OP, what's the latest content to go live?

Dire Maul

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

Touchdown Boy posted:

Anyone know why the server is crashing every 10 mins? Someone duping or are the devs loving around? There are 2k people online, its after work on a Firday, bad timing for that poo poo.

No idea. Latency is through the roof, but I'm using hotel wifi atm so this could just be a case of Truman Show.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

I was informed that the <lets get weird> crew has migrated here? If that's the case, is there a goon presence on either side, or are we just scattered between the two?

I was thinking of rolling Horde, for what that's worth, but I'd not mind levelling ANOTHER Human Mage to the level cap if that's what the majority demands. :v:

mewse
May 2, 2006

Serperoth posted:

I was informed that the <lets get weird> crew has migrated here? If that's the case, is there a goon presence on either side, or are we just scattered between the two?

I was thinking of rolling Horde, for what that's worth, but I'd not mind levelling ANOTHER Human Mage to the level cap if that's what the majority demands. :v:

There is no consensus right now.

For Alliance, join AllyGoons
For Horde, join HordeGoons and there's a guild <Blood and Tsundere>

e: gently caress it i'm getting a guild charter for alliance goons

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

mewse posted:

There is no consensus right now.

For Alliance, join AllyGoons
For Horde, join HordeGoons and there's a guild <Blood and Tsundere>

e: gently caress it i'm getting a guild charter for alliance goons

My friend is going to be able to play from July on, so I can wait up. Any motions to condense the two? Also, is it true that you can make a character on both factions on the same account?

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole

Serperoth posted:

My friend is going to be able to play from July on, so I can wait up. Any motions to condense the two? Also, is it true that you can make a character on both factions on the same account?

Yea you can play both factions on the same account.

There are more horde on this server so I think if you are going to level a non-stealth character it might be easier to avoid getting ganked by rolling horde.

mewse
May 2, 2006

I've registered an alliance guild called <Wolf Pack> for goons and lgw refugees, everyone can invite so whisper mewse or ask in allygoons for an invite

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Ill make sure to try for an invite durring my wierd late night hours. In as DrSwagg.

bongsnake
Jul 28, 2004
We're Jammin
Tanners hit 60 on horde, we have a bunch of 40-50 dudes getting there also. Get on horde and murderblast the gently caress out of everything.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

bongsnake posted:

Tanners hit 60 on horde, we have a bunch of 40-50 dudes getting there also. Get on horde and murderblast the gently caress out of everything.

I'm sold.

Any word from Cleon? Will I need to find another tank to carry me through everything?

VV: That is unfortunate. But understandable.

Serperoth fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Jun 20, 2015

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

Serperoth posted:

I'm sold.

Any word from Cleon? Will I need to find another tank to carry me through everything?

Cleon said hes done with wow for now.

so yes

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61

Tanners posted:

Cleon said hes done with wow for now.

so yes

You loving nerd, I swear you were 56 last night.

Siddhartha Glutamate
Oct 3, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER
How do you Horde guys feel about likely to be inactives? Currently in as a level ten Warlock called Neinhaus (because I could not be bothered to come up with a new name.) Would like to chat with goons instead of just pubbies. Though I actually am finding the pubbie chat to be amusing, despite having been sexually propositioned twice. Or maybe because of it? I dunno anymore.

whocares8310
Sep 22, 2010

Sir, I think it's pronounced nook-ya-ler.
On Alliance as Warlock mid 50s named Wacklock.

If you guys send me mats and I'll return them as bags if anyone needs. Just be sure to put "goon" in the subject somewhere.

whocares8310 fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Jun 21, 2015

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

bongsnake posted:

So wait, lets get weird moved to Horde here, and a whole bunch of people are setting up shop there?

Have been waiting to start because you fuckers couldn't decide on what side to play on. Sounds like it's settled on Horde? About how many people on per night.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Rookersh posted:

So wait, lets get weird moved to Horde here

No, lgw hasn't moved to Nos. There are some lgw players that are now leveling on Nos on both factions, but there was no guild-wide move to one side and to raid again. Everyone is kind of scattered, and more than half of lgw members that were with us until recently aren't even goons so probably won't see these forums.

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

Titus82 posted:

Though I actually am finding the pubbie chat to be amusing, despite having been sexually propositioned twice. Or maybe because of it? I dunno anymore.

Don't worry, Barrens chat doesn't last forever.

However distasteful I find its obsession with 9/11, fellatio, invincible/invisible, and naxx, I haven't left general chat yet because, well, it's just like 2005, so there's that. It's almost as if the original Barrens Autists were cryogenically frozen and just now released.

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

Khako posted:

You loving nerd, I swear you were 56 last night.

some wicked tanners juju

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Jalleyfish posted:

Don't worry, Barrens chat doesn't last forever.

However distasteful I find its obsession with 9/11, fellatio, invincible/invisible, and naxx, I haven't left general chat yet because, well, it's just like 2005, so there's that. It's almost as if the original Barrens Autists were cryogenically frozen and just now released.

This game really does feel like time traveling back to 2005. I spent 45 minutes bumming around Moonwhatever to get a pickup group for Deadmines. Had an Allygoons buddy hollering in stormwind. Had a good time, even though we were underleveled, but when we killed Sneeds a quantum portal opened and I was rushed back to when Batman Began.

The hunter rolled need for the 2H Spr/Stam Axe.

Our warrior tank went OFF. Completely raged out. Three whole minutes he was slamming his hands on the keyboard in rage. The hunter just said "Sorry, I'm kinda completely faded. My bad" to which the Warrior ragequit, logged off. End of run. Me and my goonbuddy were chatting in /Allygoons the whole time getting nostalgic. It felt like going home, it felt like nothing really changed in the past 10 years, it felt right. God drat I loved that night, I logged off and vowed to get as high as that hunter was.

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

KirbyKhan posted:

This game really does feel like time traveling back to 2005. I spent 45 minutes bumming around Moonwhatever to get a pickup group for Deadmines. Had an Allygoons buddy hollering in stormwind. Had a good time, even though we were underleveled, but when we killed Sneeds a quantum portal opened and I was rushed back to when Batman Began.

The hunter rolled need for the 2H Spr/Stam Axe.

Our warrior tank went OFF. Completely raged out. Three whole minutes he was slamming his hands on the keyboard in rage. The hunter just said "Sorry, I'm kinda completely faded. My bad" to which the Warrior ragequit, logged off. End of run. Me and my goonbuddy were chatting in /Allygoons the whole time getting nostalgic. It felt like going home, it felt like nothing really changed in the past 10 years, it felt right. God drat I loved that night, I logged off and vowed to get as high as that hunter was.

:blizzlike:

jabowah
Sep 3, 2003
Heat Resistant Lid
Hello I am Solteka, an alliance warrior. I almost alt-f4'd when I saw my skill in Swords increased. Are those Blasted Lands immune guys around for later whackings?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

DrSeRRoD posted:

No, lgw hasn't moved to Nos. There are some lgw players that are now leveling on Nos on both factions, but there was no guild-wide move to one side and to raid again. Everyone is kind of scattered, and more than half of lgw members that were with us until recently aren't even goons so probably won't see these forums.

Would there be any interest in consolidating, one one side (Horde, for a change? :v:) ideally? There's a few former LGW folks here, and it would be nice to have an agreed upon goon guild, so that folks that wanna play with goons don't have to figure out what's going on and can just talk to goons.

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

Serperoth posted:

Would there be any interest in consolidating, one one side (Horde, for a change? :v:) ideally? There's a few former LGW folks here, and it would be nice to have an agreed upon goon guild, so that folks that wanna play with goons don't have to figure out what's going on and can just talk to goons.

Some people always want to play on alliance no matter what, regardless of any effort to consolidate.

Kind of funny how it happens. On ED, we had no problem getting everyone to play Alliance, but when you try to get everyone to play horde it is more complicated and it splinters (see: here, rebirth)

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

lapse posted:

Some people always want to play on alliance no matter what, regardless of any effort to consolidate.

Kind of funny how it happens. On ED, we had no problem getting everyone to play Alliance, but when you try to get everyone to play horde it is more complicated and it splinters (see: here, rebirth)

It's actually kind of funny how there was already an alliance presence on this server when ED goons showed up and decided to consolidate on horde and now you're trying to act like the existing alliance goon presence is somehow at fault for this situation.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Like there was a whole conversation when you guys showed up about how BCT was dead and there was no horde presence but now it's like this irrational pro-alliance sentiment that created this situation.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
I think it's cool that there's dudes on both factions and don't really think some weird attempt at a 40-man goon raid is necessary (and also literally never works out) but if that's something you care deeply about I think you made a lot of bad decisions man.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Also there was literally never any problem getting people to play horde on Rebirth, I was there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

30.5 Days posted:

It's actually kind of funny how there was already an alliance presence on this server when ED goons showed up and decided to consolidate on horde and now you're trying to act like the existing alliance goon presence is somehow at fault for this situation.

Calm down buddy

I don't even play here and don't plan to, I just observed that this thread had a lot of "please don't splinter" discussion in the first few pages that seems to have accomplished nothing.

Also I played on rebirth too. I remember a bunch of people going on Alliance and playing in <Ye Olde Guilde> and then never having enough people to play endgame stuff, and then some of them quit of boredom while others joined us on horde. Am I misremembering?

• Locked thread