Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

Mulaney Power Move posted:

When this happened to Pearl Jam at Roskilde Eddie Vedder cried a lot and wrote the song "Love Boat Captain"

I think that poo poo really hosed him up. I saw Pearl Jam at a festival in September and Eddie stopped playing multiple times to have security check on people in the crowd.

I don't buy that Travis Scott didn't know what was going on, when you have a dude who's AARP age, half a bottle of wine in, who can manage to make out when someone needs some attention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ograbme
Jul 26, 2003

D--n it, how he nicks 'em
I've never even heard of Lowtax, is he a rapper?

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Galewolf posted:

I went to Maroon 5 concert in 2008 with a girl friend and we hooked up afterwards. Thanks, Adam Levine!

Hate to tell you this but I'm pretty sure you're gay and what that girl did is called assault.

Cellophane S
Nov 14, 2004

Now you're playing with power.

Ograbme posted:

of sorts

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

lamb posted:

I think that poo poo really hosed him up. I saw Pearl Jam at a festival in September and Eddie stopped playing multiple times to have security check on people in the crowd.

I don't buy that Travis Scott didn't know what was going on, when you have a dude who's AARP age, half a bottle of wine in, who can manage to make out when someone needs some attention.

it's pretty clear the dude is a shitbag

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Ograbme posted:

more of a one hit wonder, really, but don't take uwe bolls word for it

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

hawowanlawow posted:

it's pretty clear the dude is a shitbag

Yeah especially when you note that accepting a refund from him for the concert automatically makes you agree to not sue him

Then again at the end of the day he goes home to a knocked up Kylie Jenner so I dunno

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I do wish all the Jenners and Kardashians and their spouses could get dragged up to the Bastille soon. They keep murdering common folk.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

i wish the billionaire venue owners received more of teh ire

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Ograbme posted:

No he would never spit, he just dropped beats

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!

kntfkr posted:

Hate to tell you this but I'm pretty sure you're gay and what that girl did is called assault.

I knew something was wrong! Well, other than listening Maroon 5. Tbh, they were still Maroon 5, not "Adam Levine and The Douchebags In The Background With Instruments" and it was my jam.

Someone almost fell during the mosh pit at the concert during "This Love" but Adam personally did a double summersault and saved the fan. The community was amazing bro.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
I only go to concerts if I have seat to sit in because I'm old and lame

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

Bust Rodd posted:

My college girlfriend’s best friend bragged about blowing Adam Levine when she was 16 and he was 26 and we had to be like “whoa dude that’s not a brag”

big deal Ive blown him dozens of times

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

The worst thing about the idiot comparisons is that they're talking about examples of hundreds of people when this happened at an event with tens of thousands in attendance.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!

Pimpcasso posted:

I only go to concerts if I have seat to sit in because I'm old and lame

:hmmyes:

This is the way.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Binary Badger posted:

Yeah especially when you note that accepting a refund from him for the concert automatically makes you agree to not sue him

Then again at the end of the day he goes home to a knocked up Kylie Jenner so I dunno

i didn't realize he has has like five separate incidents of inciting crowds. he should be banned from performing or something.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Personally, I think it has more to do with the thousands of people who go to Travis Scott shows specifically to riot

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i wonder why people go to to his concerts to riot after he says 'sneak in and riot'

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i guess if trump is going to be president again after encouraging a riot travis scott can keep putting on mumble rap concerts

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

all of the above is why i blame the venue :shrug:

if you dont want cans of faygo strewn about dont invite icp to play your venue, if you dont want chaos to reign, dont invite somebody that wields it for fun

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Ograbme posted:

He’s basically the Kurt Cobain of shitposting if that helps.

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
Travis Scott beat up all the EMTs that were trying to save people

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

runnypoops posted:

Travis Scott beat up all the EMTs that were trying to save people

I would respect him much more if this were true

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

SLOSifl posted:

He’s basically the Kurt Cobain of shitposting if that helps.

Overrated? Eclipsed by Layne Staley? Tru, tru

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Anothet Travis Scott/Pearl Jam parallel: Scott once stopped the show and told the audience to beat the poo poo out of someone who stole his shoe and then spit on the guy.

Eddie once stopped a show because the audience was throwing shoes at him, said he and Jeff Ament were going to wait at the exit and beat the poo poo out of everyone missing shoes, then he licked a shoe and threw it back into the crowd.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

10 dead now

https://twitter.com/ComplexMusic/status/1457869484333600769?s=20

https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1460072065411731457?s=20

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

At the very least everyone involved in this poo poo show should be sued into oblivion

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

sigher posted:

I know more about current battle rappers than I do commercial rappers.

Lol

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Rap battlers vs. Battle rappers

GO

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

this is the way

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
well at least the pregnant billionaire is ok!!!!

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

what does Kylie Jenner have to do with (about to be 10) people getting killed? It's her baby dad who's responsible for goading the audience into murder

because we live in hellworld, Travis will host another concert in June 2022 and no one will blink an eye

did he say something about paying for the funerals?

PS: his actual name is Jacques Bermon Webster the Second, for reals

Binary Badger fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Nov 15, 2021

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic

Seth Pecksniff posted:

At the very least everyone involved in this poo poo show should be sued into oblivion

I believe over 100 suits have been filed already

tractor man
Nov 11, 2021

Binary Badger posted:

his actual name is Jacques Bermon Webster the Second, for reals

Okay then imo all is forgiven

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Not gonna lie I know it’s a weird line to draw but a kid getting stomped to death pushes me fully into conservative suburban mom mode and now I crave Deathwish style vigilante justice where as before I was just like “drat that doesn’t even happen at Gathering of the Juggalos, you guys are stoopid”

tractor man
Nov 11, 2021

But like some1 said earlier more responsibility should be demanded from the venue owners, poo poo like this can be prevented even if the artists are assholes who want the audience to riot

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
Has Travis Scott publicly expressed any genuine remorse over this? As in not filtered through a marketing department or lawyer?

He's one away in deaths thus far from The Who Cincinnati incident, and that's one that band is still dealing with/feels horribly guilty about 40 years later.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Binary Badger posted:

because we live in hellworld, Travis will host another concert in June 2022 and no one will blink an eye

People like Travis Scott are fully aware that they have the right combination of random traits that make other humans mindlessly obey them and they take great sexual delight in making the mindless drones kill themselves and the people they don't like.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Binary Badger posted:

what does Kylie Jenner have to do with (about to be 10) people getting killed? It's her baby dad who's responsible for goading the audience into murder

The Kardashian/Jenner PR team is an absolutely insane beast and has been for over a decade. The weird and tasteless People tweet is only the surface.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Bust Rodd posted:

well at least the pregnant billionaire is ok!!!!

Kylie: "can i interest u in a settlement pepsi?!"