Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I didn’t realize there were so few of us left… I hope I didn’t make a terrible mistake giving that to shwinn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

I’m bored someone kjlll zoya

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

shwinnebego posted:

I’m bored someone kjlll zoya

I think there’s a poker game going right now so I can do it after that. If hammer falls now that would shut off the poker, right?

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
Guess I'll bite the bullet, though I remain somewhat concerned.

Scum's almost certainly figured out my role by now so if there's a town doc, might wanna protect me!

SiV visited only Zoya last night (others may have as well, but they definitely did) so keep that in mind if this is a town flip and Zoya wasn't lying about being roleblocked as bodyguard/doc.

N2 Zoya visited Hal and Themself.

##vote Zoya

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

gonna take opop's advice and self hammer for a chance at that sweet sweet chips pot so i can lose more poker games as a :ghost:

when i flip town after this, please keep in mind my advice from earlier today! ##vote Zoya

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

JosefStalinator posted:

Guess I'll bite the bullet, though I remain somewhat concerned.

Scum's almost certainly figured out my role by now so if there's a town doc, might wanna protect me!

SiV visited only Zoya last night (others may have as well, but they definitely did) so keep that in mind if this is a town flip and Zoya wasn't lying about being roleblocked as bodyguard/doc.

N2 Zoya visited Hal and Themself.

##vote Zoya

This was :redhammer:

Any ongoing poker games will be allowed to conclude

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Something weird had been going on all game. The players felt it. The spectators felt it. Heck, even some of the inanimate paraphernalia of the game seemed to radiate a sense of suspicion. Really, it was only a matter of time before the culprit made a misstep and was exposed. Just too many unlikely long shots hitting when he happened to be dealer. Too many mysteriously perceptive folds against top pros. Even his winning smile couldn't delay damaging scrutiny forever.

Zoya, Honest Chuck, SCUM-aligned Cheatfather was thrown out of the cardroom on Day 4!

quote:

You’re a decent player, but there are actual pros at the table today - if you’re going to keep winning, you need an edge! So you’ve brought your marked deck, your sleeve storage, your wi-fi controlled vibrating anal beads, and your accomplice cousin watching the game on the internet: in short, you’re in it to win it. You’ll build up some big pots, and then suck out these poor suckers on the river.

You start the game with the standard 1000 chips. As a night action, you can ##cheat a player, removing one fifth of their stack and adding it to the stack of another player of your choice (who may be yourself). Note that stack sizes are publicly available information.

You have a trustable face. Look at that face! That’s a straightforward honest guy if there ever was one. Any investigations into your alignment will return a result consistent with you being TOWN.

As long as you are alive, whoever performs the night kill can ##rinse their target, making the kill action undetectable. This ability cannot be used on consecutive nights unless you are the last scum alive.

You are SCUM-aligned and win when your team has control of the vote.

It is now Night 4. Tables are closed, chip leaderboard will be posted eventually.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Oh and the pot of 60 chips was picked up by shwinnebego.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Leaderboard for start of night 4:

Thank you for your patience, please get your actions in!

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
With three players and a bunch of rules missing, the action was getting a bit slow, but the remaining players were damned if they were gonna let that put them off. There was still money to be won and lost! Sure enough, the next hand saw plenty of chip movement.

When it came time to deal up again, though, the button was nowhere to be found! The players shrugged and decided to choose the dealer by lot from that point on. It would be fine, surely.

JosefStalinator, The Button, TOWN-aligned Tracker was mislaid during night 4!

quote:

You travel around the table with each hand, bestowing the coveted status of Dealer (and more importantly, last to act in each betting round) in a fair and equitable manner. You're the life of the party, in a way: players gradually tighten up as you approach, but once you arrive they relax and throw out speculative bets with the most marginal of hands.

As a night action, you can ##mark another player. That player gains an advantage in the hand and steals 200 chips from whoever they visit during the night. Your target will be told they stole the chips, but not why. Your target’s target will be told they lost chips, but not how or why. You will be told the name of your target’s target.

You start the game with the standard 1000 chips.

You are TOWN-aligned and win when all threats to town are eliminated.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 5

Not Voting (6): Hal Insandenza, JosefStalinator, Opopanax, Referee, shwinnebego, spacing in vienna

With 6 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is August 28th, 2023 at 9 p.m. UTC -- that's in about 2 days, 7 hours.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Whoops, marked Josef as dead now. 5 players remain and it's 3 votes to execute.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

SiV why’d you steal my chips

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Referee looks pretty bad here

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 5

Not Voting (5): Hal Insandenza, Opopanax, Referee, shwinnebego, spacing in vienna

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. The current deadline is August 28th, 2023 at 9 p.m. UTC -- that's in about 2 days, 6 hours.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hal or Ref imo

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm going to claim the second part of the role since I don't see how it's going to come into play again; if I have at least one other person in my masonry we have a group doc that we vote on and use. So far it was only used N2, we used it on siv and that was the no kill night, so as far as I'm concerned she's confirmed town.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Opopanax posted:

Hal or Ref imo

Ref visited the dead person. I gave you a double vote and chips. Shouldn’t be that hard to puzzle that choice out buddy

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

When did you give me a double vote?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Oh wait I see it now, I was just skimming the PM before. Yeah that looks like ref was caught red handed

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Opopanax posted:

It came with my 222 chips, it’s a secret to you, but yesterdays hammer confirmed it by the mod when I said I gave it to shwinn

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

can we list claims again?

i'm miller (+ 1 other aspect to my role i haven't yet revealed but mentioned d1)

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Hal Insandenza posted:

Referee looks pretty bad here

Agreed. I did indeed visit Josef, but didn’t have anything to do with the kill. Regardless, I think it’s time for me to claim.

I am Wild Bill Hickok and I’m a gunsmith. I can investigate at night and receive a result of “CAN KILL” or “CANNOT KILL.”

Breadcrumbed in my opening post:

Referee posted:

Suited and booted (and about to be looted at the tables, undoubtedly).

(Wild Bill was famously killed at the table)

Results:

N1: checked shwinn (received “CANNOT KILL”)
N2: checked Grandi (received “CANNOT KILL”)
N3: checked Zoya (received “CAN KILL”) and crumbed that here, though I didn’t want to be super overt about it and fullclaim, we obviously didn’t need it:

Referee posted:

Strongly believe that Zoya is the kill choice today. No need to rush it, though, they are already -2 and I’d like to attempt to play some poker today, for one thing.

N4: checked Josef (received “CANNOT KILL”)

Assuming I targeted shwinn correctly N1 (and knowing I’m town) that leaves any remaining scum/3P (assuming probably 1?) to be between Hal, Opop, and SiV.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

I have some stuff going on today so will be in and out (but mostly out) for the next several hours. Pretty positive that the game is essentially solvable from this point with night actions, so it might be worth everyone claiming, but I haven’t don’t enough research/thinking about that yet this morning and I need coffee so I’ll leave that up to the group’s discretion.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

I’ve sussed siv since d2 when she tried to softly push the notion that db might not be scum

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

I was gifted 500 chips this morning. Just noticed

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Opopanax posted:

Opopanax posted:

Oh wait I see it now, I was just skimming the PM before. Yeah that looks like ref was caught red handed

Hal Insandenza posted:

It came with my 222 chips, it’s a secret to you, but yesterdays hammer confirmed it by the mod when I said I gave it to shwinn

Bolding mine. Is Opop now claiming something he shouldn’t be able to see?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Referee posted:

Bolding mine. Is Opop now claiming something he shouldn’t be able to see?

I meant I see the stuff about you visiting.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hal Insandenza posted:

Did you give Grandi one earlier?

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Opop have you claimed and if so what

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Opopanax posted:

I meant I see the stuff about you visiting.

I’m still confused. What information do you see about me visiting Josef in a PM you supposedly received? And why does that have anything to do with the conversation you were having, which was about having a double vote?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Something really smells here. ##vote Opop

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Referee posted:

I’m still confused. What information do you see about me visiting Josef in a PM you supposedly received? And why does that have anything to do with the conversation you were having, which was about having a double vote?

It's in the day opening message, I didn't say anything about a PM.

Nice try but it's coming off pretty desperate ##vote ref

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Oh wait I did say PM. I meant flip. My coffee machine is broken that's on me

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Nonetheless

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Opopanax posted:

It's in the day opening message, I didn't say anything about a PM.

Opopanax posted:

Oh wait I see it now, I was just skimming the PM before.

Are you just completely gaslighting me here?

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

i'm not fully present, sorry but what the gently caress are u two talking about, can someone please summarize what's going on

and once again Opop, have you claimed and if so what

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Opopanax posted:

Oh wait I did say PM. I meant flip. My coffee machine is broken that's on me

Okay, that still doesn’t address this:

Referee posted:

And why does that have anything to do with the conversation you were having, which was about having a double vote?

No flip, nor PM, said anything about a double vote and Hal has explicitly stated that you weren’t informed and shouldn’t be able to have seen it in any communication.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

shwinnebego posted:

i'm not fully present, sorry but what the gently caress are u two talking about, can someone please summarize what's going on

and once again Opop, have you claimed and if so what

I’m trying to determine why Opop has claimed to have received explicit clarification regarding being a double-voter when Hal has claimed the recipient shouldn’t know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

And this is terrible timing for it because I now have to go work a football scrimmage for the next 4 hours or so. So I’ll be back later if this hasn’t already been sorted out one way or another.