Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Logicblade posted:

Ah steak puns, we are truly breaching rare ground here.

At least they've been well done up til this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Xelkelvos posted:

Shokugeki no Soma Manga Discussion: The Steaks Continue to Rise

stay on target

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

At least they've been well done up til this point.

streak puns are a medium rarely well done.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Shokugeki no Soma Manga Discussion: At Least Three Different Kinds of Beef

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Elfgames posted:

streak puns are a medium rarely well done.

:cawg:

I used to have a beef with puns. But I'm well and done with hating on them. :)

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
This was a fsteak.

I'm hoping one of the matches will be something like base common. A match around salt, or honey. Or even better, cooking competition where you're forced to work in the confines of a cheap apartment kitchenette.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Been a bit curious about something for a while: the thread sure seems to love Megumi. I don't have anything against her character but she's not my personal favorite or anything. What is it about her everybody likes?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

TheKingofSprings posted:

Been a bit curious about something for a while: the thread sure seems to love Megumi. I don't have anything against her character but she's not my personal favorite or anything. What is it about her everybody likes?
Not answering for everybody, but I think that a lot of her charm is that she seems fairly down to earth. Like a straight man, but instead of being all shouty, she just reacts with "Oh god!" :cry:. And that's fairly cute.

Honestly, and while I do like Rindou and Alice, my favorite character is Hisako, if only because she kinda evolves from being Erina's Yes-Girl to try and instead stand alongside her as an equal. Also, she has one of if not THE OUTRIGHT BEST chapter cover.

Mazinger Soma. :kimchi:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Wark Say posted:

Not answering for everybody, but I think that a lot of her charm is that she seems fairly down to earth. Like a straight man, but instead of being all shouty, she just reacts with "Oh god!" :cry:. And that's fairly cute.

Honestly, and while I do like Rindou and Alice, my favorite character is Hisako, if only because she kinda evolves from being Erina's Yes-Girl to try and instead stand alongside her as an equal. Also, she has one of if not THE OUTRIGHT BEST chapter cover.

That's Tetsujin you philistine!

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I like Megumi because she's quiet and unassuming, but when the going gets tough she starts kicking rear end and taking names.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

MonsieurChoc posted:

That's Tetsujin you philistine!
Dang it! I saw the fence-like "teeth" and my mind immediately jumped to Mazinger. My bad. :negative:

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Wark Say posted:

SwissArmyDruid posted:

A SouMazinger, if you will.

(I know it's Tetsujin, it flows better.)

edit: Holy crap this thread has gone cyclical.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Jul 25, 2017

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Wark Say posted:

Hisako is definitely in my top 3, she's gotten some good development in a relatively small span of time and I like her dynamic with Souma where they're buds with a mutual respect for one another as opposed to, say, Ikumi's whole thing or Megumi feeling like Souma's sidekick a bit too much.

Also while I'm thinking about it, am I crazy or are the girls more interesting than the guys in this series? Of the most prominent they've either had fairly solid character arcs (Megumi, Erina, Hisako) or were perfect to begin with (Alice, Rindou).

Compare Souma, Hayama, or Kurokiba, they've all barely changed and Hayama/Kurokiba are a little lacking, it feels like (Souma meanwhile is kind of oversaturated right now, I wonder if that's why he placed 4th in the popularity poll?).

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
How could you forget the best boy of all, Mimisaka?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

TheKingofSprings posted:

Hisako is definitely in my top 3, she's gotten some good development in a relatively small span of time and I like her dynamic with Souma where they're buds with a mutual respect for one another as opposed to, say, Ikumi's whole thing or Megumi feeling like Souma's sidekick a bit too much.

Also while I'm thinking about it, am I crazy or are the girls more interesting than the guys in this series? Of the most prominent they've either had fairly solid character arcs (Megumi, Erina, Hisako) or were perfect to begin with (Alice, Rindou).

Compare Souma, Hayama, or Kurokiba, they've all barely changed and Hayama/Kurokiba are a little lacking, it feels like (Souma meanwhile is kind of oversaturated right now, I wonder if that's why he placed 4th in the popularity poll?).
Best boy is Takumi Aldini (I can't help it, I like my shonen rivals to be dorky and adorable) and Kurokiba is only interesting when he's in :black101:-mode. Best man is Dojima. Mimasaka is kinda like Alice and Rindou in that he's wacky/goofy and that's why you can't help but love him. But like those two, he works better in small-ish doses.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Logicblade posted:

How could you forget the best boy of all, Mimisaka?

I didn't forget him at all but he's also had like 3 proper appearances in this entire series and one of them was pretty minor

E: which is good because he shines in small doses

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Mimisaka isn't just the best waifu, he's all the waifus.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Hate-Senpai posted:

Mimisaka isn't just the best waifu, he's all the waifus.

Yes he is (spoilers for next chapter): http://i.imgur.com/8DJudPvh.jpg

This chapter can't get translated soon enough

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.

TheKingofSprings posted:

Holy poo poo, Mimisaka is why I still read this.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

TheKingofSprings posted:

:hellyeah: Subaru Mimasaka: Showing Shiro Emiya how it should be done.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Chapter's up I think but the site can't handle the traffic it's getting slammed with right now, so here's the link in the meantime: http://manga.fascans.com/manga/shokugeki-no-soma/225/3

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

EVERYONE PRAY FOR MIMASAKA

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
So he changes who he copies based on who has the better technique? Alright, I'll buy it.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

he's... he's the best. he doesn't even need to win. he won a long time ago

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
That panel on the far left is Nene, yeah?

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
everyone, lend mimasaka your energy

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

what do i have to do to get a long avatar and have it be mimaseizan

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Mimasaka-chan is the best.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I can't wait for this to be animated.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Xelkelvos posted:

I can't wait to hear Hiroki Yasumoto try to do a cute voice.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Xelkelvos posted:

I'm so glad they confirmed a season 3 :allears:

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009

I think we all saw that coming but I'm really glad it happened

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I wonder if he'll lose due to the meal not having a coherent theme or something.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

If he loses it'll be because of the [Arrange], something something the beauty of sushi is in simplicity, please pray for Mimasaka.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
He'll lose by putting toppings or a lovely garnish on the sushi because why would you do that

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

TheKingofSprings posted:

He'll lose by putting toppings or a lovely garnish on the sushi because why would you do that

accidentally thought of soma while tracing

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Zenostein posted:

accidentally thought of soma while tracing

Sushi topped with ketchup and an everlasting gobstopper went over poorly with the judges

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Went into this round expecting the good guys to get swept and drat it now I'm gonna be upset when that happens

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Looper posted:

Went into this round expecting the good guys to get swept and drat it now I'm gonna be upset when that happens

To be fair the Rebels in the cells thought they were going to be swept as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
They're still probably gonna get swept :smith: