Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*
I'd love to get Lemond slightly drunk and just get him talking about Lance and Froome and everything off camera.

I feel the levels of venom that would come out of his mouth would be amazing.

Still up because I couldn't sleep, and just realized today is alpe d'huez. I Haven't been watching at all but I have a feeling that I'm not going to sleep right away. Or the sky train could put me right to sleep.

Gibbo fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Jul 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Riders are going to get time cut today.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

Gibbo posted:

I'd love to get Lemond slightly drunk and just get him talking about Lance and Froome and everything off camera.

I feel the levels of venom that would come out of his mouth would be amazing.

Still up because I couldn't sleep, and just realized today is alpe d'huez. I Haven't been watching at all but I have a feeling that I'm not going to sleep right away. Or the sky train could put me right to sleep.

Same situation here, haven't followed it this year due to Froome but switched the channel to see we have Alpe D'Huez today and I have gently caress all else going on so why not? :munch:

edit: Oh cool Jens is on commentary :allears:

Smorgasbord fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Jul 25, 2015

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Fuckin AG2R chasing already.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Pocket posted:

Fuckin AG2R chasing already.

1 skybot down, 5 to go before froome gets isolated again

Edit: dutch corner attacked the sky vehicles as they went past apparently

Loving Africa Chaps fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Jul 25, 2015

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Oh dear, apparently the sky cars were getting attacked at Dutch corner

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

lol Dutch corner dgaf

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

If i was a DS i'd be making sure my riders let froome know about that, i bet there are hordes of police heading there now to avoid a sky rider getting pulled off their bike

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*
Were they throwing clogs?

Part of me is hoping that this is the year a spectator finally pulls a rider off their bike.

Edit: ^^^^ Beat me by seconds

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

gently caress yes! please let this work

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Colombian collusion. Ownage

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Hahah go the Colombian Lampre rider

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Porte is charged up today.

L. Ron Mexico
May 14, 2005

this is cool. gogogo

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

I love that about cycling, the big goofy looking Colombian is fading away out of the breakaway and about to get spat out by the peloton but still finds 20 seconds of charging up the mountain to give even a tint but of help to his countryman from another team. You just don't get cool stuff like that in other sports.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Seat attack deployed

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Stop riding for Froome Nibali!

L. Ron Mexico
May 14, 2005

oohh both porte and contador dead

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Show the loving descent not random fdj rider

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

I wonder how long the Sky scientists spent optimizing the amount of extra blood they pump into froome versus the added grams.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Porte will join back up with the favourites before Alpe and get a top 10 finish.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Thank you France2 I really care about Geniez.

mattah
Nov 9, 2003

Oh Pikachu!

Pocket posted:

Porte will join back up with the favourites before Alpe and get a top 10 finish.

Unfortunately this is probably true. :(

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

quote:

Jonathan Vaughters
‏@Vaughters
Eee nee mee nee mi-nee-mo... Call the director and have @ramunas88 wait for Quintana and pull like hell or no? #rememberwiggotransferdave?

plz

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

They should force Sky to work this group to the foot of the Alpe if Froome wants the stage win.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

Raise your arms and send goku quintana the power to defeat buuFroome.

kim jong-illin
May 2, 2011
Froome's now KOM after that climb.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

I hate those ramps mid-descent, even if I feel strong getting the legs back to climbing is a pain.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

2 more colombians are up the road for nairo once he goes again

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

They won't put 2m38 into Froome on the Alpe.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Pocket posted:

They won't put 2m38 into Froome on the Alpe.

No but we might have a fun race

Ted Ed Fred
May 4, 2004

fuck this band
Imagine if Nibs attacked tomorrow, I'd love to hear CF crying like a bitch about it.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
During the champagne break.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
Why does direct tv advertise 99% signal reliability? That's like saying for every movie you watch you can miss 90 seconds of it.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Withnail posted:

Why does direct tv advertise 99% signal reliability? That's like saying for every movie you watch you can miss 90 seconds of it.

Right?

Four nines or bust. :colbert:

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Got back from my ride just in time for Alp D'huez.

Anything interesting happen? They all look together.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Nibali flatted already rip

Ted Ed Fred
May 4, 2004

fuck this band

serious gaylord posted:

Nothing exciting so far, Quintana made a decent break earlier but sky regrouped after the last climb and pulled him back

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Porte dropped froome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

serious gaylord posted:

Nairo had a fairly promising attack that was helped out by a Colombian rider on Lampre-Merida. That's about it