Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

10-20cm of snow tomorrow lmao loving kill me now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

Slung Blade posted:

5cm last night here in NE Onterrible, freezing rain on the drive to work this morning, and 20-30cm of snow today.

Happy April?

I still have 3 feet of goddamn loving snow in my backyard :(

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
I spent the weekend driving the 1600 km round trip between Québec and Toronto. Onterrible provided endless freezing rain, and many people ended up sliding off the highway. Yesterday morning I watched a Honda civic fail at changing lanes - the lane lines were covered by ridges of slush - and spin out into the ditch on the 401 in eastern Toronto. I had to stop every 150km and break the ice off of my windshield wipers, and I think the wipers I bought less than 6 months ago are toast as a result. The weather was spectacularly bad, in other words.

But whatever, this just becomes stories for us to tell to recent immigrants who come to Canada from places where the weather doesn't try to kill you, just other people do that.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Well, it's raining here. Not a trace of snow on the ground and maybeeee we'll miss it. I'm OK with rain, just this snow bullshit has to end.

Luckilly, I'm driving to Wainwright and back today, so been nice knowing you. :smithicide:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Slung Blade posted:

I'm going to a motorcycle school this weekend so I very much would like this poo poo to stop.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

1500quidporsche posted:

I'm going to a motorcycle school this weekend so I very much would like this poo poo to stop.

Fuckin RIP dude.

When's the karting season start? Can you get tiny little winter tires?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Slung Blade posted:

Fuckin RIP dude.

Just put on princess auto ATV tires, should be good.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Slung Blade posted:

Fuckin RIP dude.

First race is May 6th and I've got about $1500 in parts plus my engine sitting in my closet right now that I seriously doubt is all going to be on by then.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Drove to Wainwright yesterday and it was pouring 90% of the way. Tpms tripped just outside Castor so put the spare on and got loving soaked/filthy in a weighstation pullout. Got to Wainwright, did my work and had probably some of the worst winter driving conditions I've ever had on the way to St. Albert. On the plus side, saw a green bricklin on the back of a flat deck heading north on the qe2 on my way back today. loving snow up there was insane but at least roads were good today. It was like a line just south of Claresholm, no snow of any amount at all down here in the far south. Definitely some water though.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

About loving time

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I'm not fallin for it, last time they kept revising the 7th day down until it was snowing again :colbert:

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

gently caress that. Biek is awake. Porch is awake after tomorrow (hopefully and if I'm not too hungover). The whitehairs are golfing at our local course like it's August.

If it isn't spring I'm :suicide: to finish it

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

slidebite posted:

gently caress that. Biek is awake. Porch is awake after tomorrow (hopefully and if I'm not too hungover). The whitehairs are golfing at our local course like it's August.

If it isn't spring I'm :suicide: to finish it

Cut the mufflers off and punish the boomers for their treachery.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

60kph gusts and a risk of a thunderstorm, looks like we're going straight into summer :woop:

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Powershift posted:

60kph gusts and a risk of a thunderstorm, looks like we're going straight into summer :woop:

I cut right through the storm that passed over Olds-ish this afternoon, was definitely blustery. First time I've had wiper float on this truck.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

We had a squall pass throughearly this afternoon and have had 90kph winds since then. In other words, Lethbridge when the seasons change.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
So my ram 2500 trans finally gave up. Sold it to a neighbor for $6000 who is going to swap trans and convert it into a service truck for his refrigeration business. Its a real loving shame there is no easy way to get a non emission 5.9L diesel into it because with a diesel and manual trans swap I would've kept it forever.

Picked up a new 3.5 ecoboost f150 with 10 speed auto on Friday. Pickups have come a long way since 2011. Its averaging less than half the fuel usage commuting to work and back. 11L/100km in eco mode in stop n go traffic Vs 22L for the ram.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I love the little woosh noises the ecboosts make. What i don't love is the start/stop cranking up the engine. That's the worst sound in the world, especially coming out of a truck that's window level to your car.

I went up to Reynolds today. The museum was awesome, but coming in from the south there are so many god drat pawn shops.

It's no loving secret why they exist, and in that quantity. I don't understand why they continue to be allowed to exist. There are nearly as many pawn shops in Wetaskawin as there are in Calgary.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Reynolds is pretty dope, but yeah there are some sketchy parts you have to pass through to get to the museum.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

I had no idea Wetaskiwin was so ghetto

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
Huh. I bought a bunch of CDs - it was super 90's time! - at a pawn shop in Wetaskiwin back in the summer of 2015. I had no idea that there were so many, though I did notice at least 3. Still, they didn't stand out in the neighbourhood, so I guess Wetaskiwin is just sketchy like that. I wonder if the local RCMP are badly understaffed or the city government keeps a lid on certain types of investigations or something.

Next time I slip my Marcy Playground disc into the Ranger's player I'll be pondering this.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

It's 10 minutes away from 2 of the most hosed up reservations in Canada. The RCMP detachment is a revolving door.

It's loving shameful how little has been done there to help them. Turning a blind eye to the fences for their stolen poo poo isn't going to help their gang problem.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

JFC, forecasting 30C this weekend :psyduck:

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Drove around with the window down for the first time this year :feelsgood:

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
+17 in Grande Prairie in the afternoon. And yeah the whooshy ecoboost noises are cool. I'm torn since the upgrades make so much extra power and torque but at the same time, I have bumper to bumper warranty for 6 years.

A catless downpipe, straight through muffler, intake piping and a 91 octane tune net you 430 to 460ish wheel horsepower and well into the 500ft lb area. Interestingly, after that, the turbos are the bottleneck and any more money spent will only flatten the horsepower curve but not increase the peak power. Until you upgrade to the svt raptor turbos.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

Any AB:AI goons have 13 ft ceilings in their garages? I have an inside line on a pair of 2 posts hoists from a shop closing down in St. Albert for less than $1000.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

McTinkerson posted:

Any AB:AI goons have 13 ft ceilings in their garages? I have an inside line on a pair of 2 posts hoists from a shop closing down in St. Albert for less than $1000.

I might be interested for the parents acreage. Do those just get installed by hammer drilling into the slab, pounding in a threaded insert and then bolting to floor ?

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

That's how mine was installed. You need a certain grade of concrete and minimum thickness. If mctinkerson can get the manufacturer name and model number we can probably figure it out.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

The lifts are apparentley Benpak XPR-10's. There is only one left. I am beyond disappointed that I do not have 13ft ceilings in my garage.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

McTinkerson posted:

The lifts are apparentley Benpak XPR-10's. There is only one left. I am beyond disappointed that I do not have 13ft ceilings in my garage.

Buy it, and put a shipping container on it the first time you use it. Boom, done, 13ft ceilings.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Dad doesn't seem interested. He wants the floor space. :(

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

11'6 ceilings here :(

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

slidebite posted:

11'6 ceilings here :(

Dammit, 2 more inches and I could start making jokes about how 5 tons almost fit in there :v:

poo poo if I put a hoist in I could have a car in my living room. Aside from implications involving the landlord, building code, federal and provincial safety standards and common sense that would be pretty badass.

Turbo Fondant fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Apr 27, 2018

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The city has finally acknowledged that there is a problem.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Powershift posted:

The city has finally acknowledged that there is a problem.

The next street over from me has an enormous sinkhole the city is trying to plug. It looks like one of the water mains popped and just ate the entire road apart when it started to thaw and then instantly refroze.

Sawhorses everywhere.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

This one was soft for a while, then a truck full of shingles ripped through and just destroyed the whole stretch. People have been doing stupid poo poo to get around it for a week now, I'm surprised it never claimed an oil pan, because for a while there were huge sharp chunks of road sticking out of it.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

loving snowing here.

Should be fun out on the roads!

(ok, ok, not Alberta, but closeish)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Where is that? It's been beautiful down in the south the past week.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
26 in Grande Prairie on Sunday. Then yesterday it was pretty much our first rainfall of the year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I'm in Yellowknife.