Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Abundant Atrophy posted:

This purple pumpkin is the best and I don't have the heart to evolve my own.

You should, because it evolves into Camilla from Fire Emblem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

HopperUK posted:

Who is everyone's favourite unevolved pokemon, not in terms of usability, just in terms of how excellent they are?

The absolute best and most :3: quest in SMD.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

HopperUK posted:

Who is everyone's favourite unevolved pokemon, not in terms of usability, just in terms of how excellent they are?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

HopperUK posted:

As well as my documented affection for Sunkern I am very fond of Chingling. I want twenty of them to live in my Christmas tree.

murkrow, dedenne

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

HopperUK posted:

hippopotas, because he's viable in lower tiers

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

HopperUK posted:

As well as my documented affection for Sunkern I am very fond of Chingling. I want twenty of them to live in my Christmas tree.

There are a lot of great ones;

Lairon, Murkrow, Venonat, Glameow, Happiny, Elekid, and Duskull are probably my top picks.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Wartortle is a cool as hell turtle, and is my best pal.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Wartortle is also evolved.

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.
What time is the announcement tomorrow?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

oddium posted:

murkrow, dedenne

to expand: duskull, hoothoot, dunsparce, heracross, kecleon, spinarak, venipede

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

HopperUK posted:

Cleffa is a perfect little star friend.

Phanpy is so cute that I had a hard time fighting them in Firered. I ended up raising one to level 100, just to be a cute friend with Pickup.

Also Pumpkaboo, Joltik, Duskull, Phantump, Goomy, Dratini.

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

Zore posted:

Yeah, its the only other one.

Grass/Water/Fire, however, is the only trio that is strong one direction, resist the other direction, AND every type resists itself. I suppose they want that to remain.

Veks
May 12, 2012

OOOOOOH MYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOD

LemonLimeTime posted:

What time is the announcement tomorrow?

09:00 EDT, 06:00 PDT

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Evil Eagle posted:

Wartortle is also evolved.

Oh, I thought just not-fully evolved in general. Ignore me.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Chespin.
Shame he's basically gone after the first gym.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

a freshly hatched litwick will be your cute little buddy for 40 levels

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
Gonna go with larvesta, dudes cute as heck for being a weird bug

oddium posted:

a freshly hatched litwick will be your cute little buddy for 40 levels

One of the few that I wish didn't evolve but had stage 2 stats

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Sometimes Litwick has a cute lil smile and sometimes it looks like that's a nose

Which is it

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Kelp Plankton posted:

Sometimes Litwick has a cute lil smile and sometimes it looks like that's a nose

Which is it

does this help

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Improbable Lobster posted:

It's first form is much more obviously based on the anomalocaris (pretty large predatory arthropods) from the Cambrian era.

see that guy owns, those prehistoric bugs own. the evolved version is just ????

HopperUK posted:

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Natu is the cutest unevolved bird.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

magikarp

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

HopperUK posted:

finally, a pokemon with whom i can share my love of that dank kush

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

The way it skates around in 3D is super cute.

Too bad it evolves into a bug/flying type with horrid stats so :rip:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Internet Kraken posted:

That guy could be wearing basic knight armour and still look like a gently caress head if his weapon of choice is a giant plastic pizza cutter.

The funny thing is, I'm fairly certain that weapon isn't even in the game. At least, I never came across it.

(Someone please prove me wrong here.)

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Kerrrrrrr posted:

see that guy owns, those prehistoric bugs own. the evolved version is just ????

Yeah, I don't understand why they decided it should also be a dinosaur when it evolves.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

best unevolved is quilladin

it's a wall nut

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
The best unevolved Pokémon is Magnemite, this is backed up by its first evolution just being two more of it.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I used to not like Snorunt, but that was before the animation they gave it in gen 6, and now it's among my favorites.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

I always liked Masquerain, if only because as a kid, the moment I realized where its eyes made me go "No wonder it has Intimidate!"

But then I'm one of those dumbasses who doesn't really care whether or not the Surskit line remains Bug/Water, so what do I know.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I like Masquerain visually but its another worthless bug/flying so it frustrates me.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Yeah, I don't understand why they decided it should also be a dinosaur when it evolves.

scyther looks 100% more like a dinosaur than scizor

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

Johnny Joestar posted:

i actually like the further evolutions such as electivire and magmortar, but something about rhyperior seems weird. maybe because rhydon was one of giovanni's 'things' in the early games and it feels odd for there to just magically be a further evolution.

Did you know in the manga he's the one who discovered Rhyperior.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

can you post what dinosaur you're thinking of because it sounds rad

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

So due to a friends request I'm trying to build a Trick room team around this guy because he can actually hit like loving truck if he doesn't instantly dies. Slowbro for set up and annoyance, and MegaAmpharos as a back up sweeper is all I have so far. Anyone have any ideas for the team?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Ruggington posted:

scyther looks 100% more like a dinosaur than scizor

I meant Anorith/Armaldo

Scizor and Scyther are very rad though.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

HopperUK posted:

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

So due to a friends request I'm trying to build a Trick room team around this guy because he can actually hit like loving truck if he doesn't instantly dies. Slowbro for set up and annoyance, and MegaAmpharos as a back up sweeper is all I have so far. Anyone have any ideas for the team?

Trevanant is slow, right? Forest's curse Trevanant, and a slow fire type? Slowbro could take Icebeam or something if you've got room for it.