Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

howe_sam posted:

God bless her enthusiasm, but Courtney is dumb as a post.

But she can flip real good! Mike is the true genius of the family and I'm glad he's finally on board.
I mean, even his dad is only side-kick material.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
New Suit for Supes.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

I liked the way his cape just came out from lower down in the other suit. it felt a bit more unique and less like the cape was just stuffed down his collar.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

V-Men posted:

I liked the way his cape just came out from lower down in the other suit. it felt a bit more unique and less like the cape was just stuffed down his collar.

The cape holders also made for some good quasi-shoulderpad armor, but they did come off as a little stiff and plasticy. It looks like they're going for a bit more consistency with the DCEU Supes visually for the new show.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
I'm surprised there's no Superman & Lois thread yet. The premiere is 8 days away and the trailers have me super hyped.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Lord Bude posted:

I'm surprised there's no Superman & Lois thread yet. The premiere is 8 days away and the trailers have me super hyped.

I've been busy! I was absolutely going to make one but I've had no time.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Rhyno posted:

I've been busy! I was absolutely going to make one but I've had no time.

We could do one DCTV Thread?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That probably works best. Two shows are ending, Flash is terrible and Legends isn't back for months so it gets it's own thread.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

There's already a DCTV thread if you just want to use that. I'm certainly not going to object if anyone wants to make a new one for the 2021 seasons though.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Tiggum posted:

There's already a DCTV thread if you just want to use that. I'm certainly not going to object if anyone wants to make a new one for the 2021 seasons though.

Feels wrong to use that one. That’s for the non arrowverse stuff. A single arrowverse thread would probably work though.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I feel like the time to create a unified CWVerse thread would've been before Batwoman and Black Lightning started, but they also aren't especially highly trafficked threads so what do I know?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

howe_sam posted:

I feel like the time to create a unified CWVerse thread would've been before Batwoman and Black Lightning started, but they also aren't especially highly trafficked threads so what do I know?

The BL thread was created for season 3 after having a new thread for each season. It can be put down and replaced with a new thread. Batwoman's was for season 1 and if things were different, just keeping on a the perpetual thread for the series.

But it'd think a unified thread would be fine and appropriate at this point unless one series gets way too much talk (not that likely at this point)

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Xelkelvos posted:

The BL thread was created for season 3 after having a new thread for each season. It can be put down and replaced with a new thread. Batwoman's was for season 1 and if things were different, just keeping on a the perpetual thread for the series.

But it'd think a unified thread would be fine and appropriate at this point unless one series gets way too much talk (not that likely at this point)

Plus people might want to talk about Arrow and the origins of this tv universe and past episodes.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Mooseontheloose posted:

Plus people might want to talk about Arrow and the origins of this tv universe and past episodes.

At some point someone will start watching Arrow from the start and want to talk about it.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Biggest problem with one thread is that shows run concurrently. Someone might be watching the flash say, not have had time to watch whatever arrowverse show is on the day after, and all of a sudden they can’t participate in further discussion on the flash because the thread will have spoilers for the show the day after that they haven’t seen yet.

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!
Yeah I prefer single-show threads for pretty much that reason.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yeah, multishow threads for the DC Universe and Marvel Disney + stuff made sense because they (mostly) only air one show at a time.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

The Lord Bude posted:

Biggest problem with one thread is that shows run concurrently. Someone might be watching the flash say, not have had time to watch whatever arrowverse show is on the day after, and all of a sudden they can’t participate in further discussion on the flash because the thread will have spoilers for the show the day after that they haven’t seen yet.

Judging by the current post rate in the Batwoman and Black Lightning threads, that's not going to be much of an issue.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Tiggum posted:

Judging by the current post rate in the Batwoman and Black Lightning threads, that's not going to be much of an issue.

Those shows have always been less popular than the rest of the arrowverse. Flash and supergirl are more popular, Legends is considerably more popular and I suspect Superman and Lois is going to be extremely popular as well.

Batwoman is significantly improved this season, more people should watch it.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I'd be opposed to combining the CW DC threads mostly because it's seems relatively few people watch them all and they are fairly varied shows. Batwoman is very much not Supergirl which is very much not Legends Of Tomorrow, for instance. They have a couple of crossover episodes once a year—which, even then, not every series is always included in—but otherwise are quite separate. There certainly are a few of us who pop up in every thread, but even for me as someone who does watch them all, I expect I'd find it inconvenient to have multiple different conversations going on about multiple different shows in a single thread at the same time. There's no functional problem with keeping each show to a separate thread and I don't see there being anything to be gained by shoving them all together.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I won't be in any combined threads because it takes me a while to watch the shows.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I will make a Superman and Lois thread on Sunday if nobody else has.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Hearing about them cancelling Black Lightning pretty much killed my interest in the entire cw lineup.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

ruddiger posted:

Hearing about them cancelling Black Lightning pretty much killed my interest in the entire cw lineup.

Same.

Like, I'll watch Legends, but that's kinda it.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

ruddiger posted:

The spinoff series following Khalil is kinda disappointing as he's not exactly the most interesting character to follow. I'd watch a series centered on Lala before one about Khalil, but he was the one picked for whatever reason and it'll take place in an entirely new city too.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Xelkelvos posted:

The spinoff series following Khalil is kinda disappointing as he's not exactly the most interesting character to follow. I'd watch a series centered on Lala before one about Khalil, but he was the one picked for whatever reason and it'll take place in an entirely new city too.

Jordan Calloway is charismatic enough that he could probably pull off a solo series, but it's gonna come down to the characters they pair him up with, because the thing that made Khalil work as well as he did on Black Lightning was his relationships with people like Jennifer and Jefferson, or a good adversary like Tobias or Gravedigger. The Gravedigger fight at the end of last season was one of the best the show's done.

ruddiger posted:

But yeah, I feel mostly the same way. Crisis and the end of Arrow felt like a natural jumping off point for me, and then COVID t-boning the rest of the active shows and Ruby Rose bailing on Batwoman just dragged things down even further. I'm still all aboard for Legends and its wacky bullshit, but I just can't be bothered to be interested in anything else in the Arrowverse any more.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

nine-gear crow posted:

Crisis and the end of Arrow felt like a natural jumping off point for me, and then COVID t-boning the rest of the active shows and Ruby Rose bailing on Batwoman just dragged things down even further. I'm still all aboard for Legends and its wacky bullshit, but I just can't be bothered to be interested in anything else in the Arrowverse any more.

Well that, and Warner not wanting to produce any more shows for Netflix than it absolutely needs to.

Hence all the spin offs.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

nine-gear crow posted:

Jordan Calloway is charismatic enough that he could probably pull off a solo series, but it's gonna come down to the characters they pair him up with, because the thing that made Khalil work as well as he did on Black Lightning was his relationships with people like Jennifer and Jefferson, or a good adversary like Tobias or Gravedigger. The Gravedigger fight at the end of last season was one of the best the show's done.

But yeah, I feel mostly the same way. Crisis and the end of Arrow felt like a natural jumping off point for me, and then COVID t-boning the rest of the active shows and Ruby Rose bailing on Batwoman just dragged things down even further. I'm still all aboard for Legends and its wacky bullshit, but I just can't be bothered to be interested in anything else in the Arrowverse any more.

it's kind of bonkers because it'll be a lot of new faces at the table in the NOT Hall of Justice

Doom2020!
Dec 31, 2020

If you think this has a happy ending then you really haven't been paying attention

ruddiger posted:

I haven't checked out any CW threads in a bit and so I check this one and.... gently caress. Really? How'd I miss this? I'm ok with SG as 6 seasons is good and people should feel free to move on and do their life but still....really bummed about Black Lightning. Really enjoyed the last season too. Man....

The Lord Bude posted:

Batwoman is significantly improved this season, more people should watch it.

Season 1 was really rough for me. No judgement but I will definitely give the new season a try. Thank you

I'm still waiting for a Static show to be made. That cartoon was MY JAM back in the day. Seriously.... make a Static show from Atlanta.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

V-Men posted:

it's kind of bonkers because it'll be a lot of new faces at the table in the NOT Hall of Justice

I had that thought about like two or three nights ago. They planted their flag super hard on “We’ve got a Justice League-ish thing now for future crossovers”, and half its founding members will no longer be a part of the Arrowverse after this year. It’s basically just Flash, White Canary, and Superman now.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Doom2020! posted:

I'm still waiting for a Static show to be made. That cartoon was MY JAM back in the day. Seriously.... make a Static show from Atlanta.

I think the rights are still being worked out. The last Milestone anything was a standalone thing a few months ago and nothing else.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Xelkelvos posted:

I think the rights are still being worked out. The last Milestone anything was a standalone thing a few months ago and nothing else.

Milestone comics were added to DC Universe Infinite (the rebrand of DC Universe that is just comics) so I assume that stuff's worked out.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Reminder that Superman & Lois premieres tonight with two episodes. If it gets close with no thread I'll throw a basic one up.

More on topic, I do have to wonder how exactly they're planning on ending Supergirl. They're obviously not going to kill her but there has to be some kind of finality to the situation. The four options I'm thinking are either: New Krypton is founded and she moves there, she goes to the future to be with Mon-El, she is put into a situation where she needs to lose her powers to save someone or they do a "and the adventures will continue" style ending where things will keep going but we just don't get to see them any more.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

muscles like this! posted:

Reminder that Superman & Lois premieres tonight with two episodes. If it gets close with no thread I'll throw a basic one up.

More on topic, I do have to wonder how exactly they're planning on ending Supergirl. They're obviously not going to kill her but there has to be some kind of finality to the situation. The four options I'm thinking are either: New Krypton is founded and she moves there, she goes to the future to be with Mon-El, she is put into a situation where she needs to lose her powers to save someone or they do a "and the adventures will continue" style ending where things will keep going but we just don't get to see them any more.

I'm assuming it's going to be the last option since as far as I know Benoist likes playing the character but doesn't want to be doing it full time. I've always assumed she'd be open to doing the occasional appearance.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea, I'm pretty sure it will end with some big threat being ended forever and Kara and Lena making up and everything being fine and she'll show up as a guest star on Superman and Bat woman.

I will never give up my dream if seeing Her interact with Stargirl.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

muscles like this! posted:

Do it

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3960217

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

I live in a non-US country, so I am just getting S5 now, and what the gently caress is this new catch owner with her “you’re all on 3 year contracts now with insane non-compete clauses” as if they can change your contract without you signing it... and I watch this show for the realism! The REALISM!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

scourgeofthe7bees posted:

I live in a non-US country, so I am just getting S5 now, and what the gently caress is this new catch owner with her “you’re all on 3 year contracts now with insane non-compete clauses” as if they can change your contract without you signing it... and I watch this show for the realism! The REALISM!

I mean, it's probably not far off from US labor rights

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
It would not surprise me in the slightest if WWE, Google or Amazon started telling their employees they were signed to new contracts without having actually done so.