Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Solus posted:

You claim they have started to take action, he says no one’s literally even spoken to him.

Make it make sense lmao

I'm not sure how those both can't be true?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Investigating someone for, apparently, weeks about their behaviour without talking to them sounds incredibly normal for this game. you are correct

It’s also an incredibly hosed up way to actually cause positive change in people. I found myself turning into an absolute oval office during the war because of the stress and what got me to unfuck my poo poo was having it pointed out to me like I am an adult - not have someone secret police me for 5 weeks.

Solus fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Oct 30, 2022

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Solus posted:

Investigating someone for, apparently, weeks about their behaviour without talking to them sounds incredibly normal for this game. you are correct

You're doing it again

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
I am stuck on a plane for 18h with nowhere to post :(

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Solus posted:

:glomp:

Just sayin, if this guy is not what he says, ya know ... hedge your bets?

Both can be true - the system is indeed processing complaints (good) but they failed to talk to him (bad).

I mean even investigating a Skymarshal is, on paper, a big improvement?

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Rust Martialis posted:

:glomp:

Just sayin, if this guy is not what he says, ya know ... hedge your bets?

Both can be true - the system is indeed processing complaints (good) but they failed to talk to him (bad).

I mean even investigating a Skymarshal is, on paper, a big improvement?

We are once again skating past his other 4 points which should not be ignored, and yet are likely going to be because there’s a convenient excuse to bury our heads in the sand. My external perception of the beekeepers isn’t exactly helped by stories, from people I trust,, of the more prominent members being extremely cliquey and weird about their position.

Despite me being blacklisted for my sins and not having a desire to return- I would actually like to see the imperium exist in 6 months or so but every Leadership type with actual competency leaving in the span of a couple weeks, and saying similar things that kocicek did, doesn’t exactly inspire me with hope.

Solus fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Oct 30, 2022

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Solus posted:

His other points are all things I have personally experienced and are wildly correct. Those things you’ve refused to read and understand why GSF is being driven into the dirt. “Fanatically defend” my rear end.

His opinions on how efficient the Alliance is being run doesn't have anything to do with his abusive behaviour. I don't care if the Alliance could earn more isk or fight wars better. I only care about how it treats people.

Solus posted:

He’s claimed he was never spoken to, and you’re in here claiming he was fired and people were taking action.

Make it make sense lmao

Okay, so I was wrong. He wasn't fired. He quit.

I know he's been under investigation for abusive behaviour because people have been talking about it for weeks. I know he was confronted about it at least 3 weeks ago and told to stop it, which he had no interest in doing.

There's also discord logs of him telling enemies about blue ratting dreads, their location and time, and him literally telling them to come kill said dread.

I've been shown these, and I asked for permission to post them. But I haven't received an answer yet.

Solus posted:

Despite me being blacklisted for my sins and not having a desire to return- I would actually like to see the imperium exist in 6 months or so but every Leadership type with actual competency leaving in the span of a couple weeks, and saying similar things that kocicek did, doesn’t exactly inspire me with hope.

I will never in my life be nostalgic for the old leadership.

Feliday Melody fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Oct 30, 2022

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.
i take issue with proclaiming that a dude quitting his space job is proof of progress when, even if you accept as true that its because beekeepers were investigating him, its vague language about them being "abusive".
we talked about this before; being a dick/mean/etc is not in anyway equivalent to being a sexpest.
if the beekeepers remove a sexpest, great. if theyre harassing a volunteer space guild leader for being mean, that isnt something you get to point at and say "oh look GSF is a safe space now, we fixed the problem"

Mr. Grinch fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Oct 31, 2022

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Feliday Melody posted:

His opinions on how efficient the Alliance is being run doesn't have anything to do with his abusive behaviour. I don't care if the Alliance could earn more isk or fight wars better. I only care about how it treats people.

You care about how it treats people in one facet - these other points would directly result in less people being poo poo heads because they’re not fighting uphill against a decaying org

I say this because being in gsf leadership unironically made me more mentally unwell and treat people abusively

If some of those points were actively worked on youd probably have less work to do. Until progress on those fronts are made you’d basically be acting as ambulance at the bottom of a cliff when it comes to leadership instead of anything regarding actual progress towards improving their overall behaviour

What you will see is people who are in those leadership positions going through similar things I did, and then quitting, rather than actually trying to grow as people because it’ll just be another thing that they have to fight against.

Feliday Melody posted:

I will never in my life be nostalgic for the old leadership.

Alterari, Vex, Luke Toir, Slavback are not old leadership by any means

Solus fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Oct 30, 2022

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
The not me of course I’m not under investigation ha ha ha coupled with what Feliday is saying is sketchy as gently caress, and reeks of lining up a new job, presumably with whoever he was leaking intel to, before the results of any investigation become public.

Beekeepers going (about anyone in leadership) “this guy is a power crazed dick and we think he shouldn’t be in charge of people” is a perfectly fine and good outcome to any complaints process, and I would imagine it’s this kind of thing which takes a long time because you got to start watching the guy and seeing what he does on coms to make any sort of fair judgments.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Solus posted:

You care about how it treats people in one facet - these other points would directly result in less people being poo poo heads because they’re not fighting uphill against a decaying org

I say this because being in gsf leadership unironically made me more mentally unwell and treat people abusively

If some of those points were actively worked on youd probably have less work to do. Until progres on those fronts are made you’d basically be acting as ambulance at the bottom of a cliff when it comes to leadership instead of anything regarding actual progress towards improving their overall behaviour

If removing abusive people hollows out the leadership to the point that the org dies, then I guess that there was nothing worth preserving.

Or maybe the org just goes from doing amazing on military and financial level to doing just "Okay" but with less abuse.

I'm not convinced that we were doing that amazing before Mittens was kicked out.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

learnincurve posted:

The not me of course I’m not under investigation ha ha ha coupled with what Feliday is saying is sketchy as gently caress, and reeks of lining up a new job, presumably with whoever he was leaking intel to, before the results of any investigation become public.

I’m 100% willing to believe this as the overall story tbh

Feliday Melody posted:

If removing abusive people hollows out the leadership to the point that the org dies, then I guess that there was nothing worth preserving.

From my outsiders perspective, it sounds like you’re doing good work but a lot of it is treating symptoms rather than root causes (when it comes to leadership being dicks, some linemembers just appear out of the aether built different) but that’s not under beekeepers remit afaik but it’s definitely something that needs to be kept in mind when dealing with shitheads

Feliday Melody posted:

I'm not convinced that we were doing that amazing before Mittens was kicked out.
Not overly hot

Solus fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Oct 30, 2022

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

learnincurve posted:

presumably with whoever he was leaking intel to, before the results of any investigation become public.

It wasn't some secret high level collusion or anything.

Just him sitting in a (maybe?) public discord with a bunch of Horde people going "Look, there's a Phoenix ratting in 1DQ. He's been there all day, come kill it."

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Solus posted:

NYC to HK or something?

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007
"As long as he didn't sexually assault/harass someone" is kind of a really weirdly high bar for acceptable abuse.

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.
i dont think its the bar (ive posted several times about how i wish theyd ban john hartley) my point is that merely identifying someone being mean and saying "oh this person is being toxic and we dont tolerate meanies" is a lot easier (and less impactful) than reckoning with the actual enablers in power.

Asher himself said the stuff about mittani seemed like bullshit, i argued with several directors about mittani's words and behaviors, xttz doesnt give a poo poo about what mittens did, etc

there has been zero real work done to prove to the victims or to anyone outside the org that gsf is actually a safe place for them to play and make friends (especially since they wont even admit what actually happened, or denounce his loyalists) and instead theyll just lazily point fingers at people being mean as a limp dicked demonstration of how much better they are now.

its the same org as it was, removing people with no real power or influence is not enough

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

Solus posted:

We are once again skating past his other 4 points which should not be ignored

for what it’s worth i don’t find it surprising that people are focusing on the one point that you originally quoted

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Feliday Melody posted:

There's also discord logs of him telling enemies about blue ratting dreads, their location and time, and him literally telling them to come kill said dread.

This is a few weeks ago

This is a few days ago

He ordered a blue Phoenix blown up so that he could brag about it to his Horde friends on discord. People who's corp he would then go on to join shortly after.

The excuse used was that the Phoenix was looting. It had one projectile gun in its cargo.

Feliday Melody fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Oct 30, 2022

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

oh I saw that killmail a couple of days ago and didn't know what it was, and now I do. drama is great.

...until it affects me.

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009

Solus posted:

What you will see is people who are in those leadership positions going through similar things I did, and then quitting, rather than actually trying to grow as people because it’ll just be another thing that they have to fight against.

Alterari, Vex, Luke Toir, Slavback are not old leadership by any means

Hey Cryo, I hope you're doing well and I'm glad to hear you're taking care of your mental health and not letting some stupid spaceship spreadsheet game make you miserable. I do miss your jabber pings and war propaganda though.

Yeah, there's been some high profile leadership exits recently.

However, I know Vex pretty well and my understanding is he left entirely for personal time management reasons. He wanted to take a leadership role in the startup he works at and he can't justify the amount he was playing before with taking on those extra work responsibilities.

I don't have a personal relationship with Alterari, but my understanding is Alterari thought he deserved titan keys and left when he didn't get them. Which is a shame as I enjoyed his fleets and personality as FC.

Furnok Dorn
Mar 30, 2004
SOCIALLY WORTHLESS SHUT-IN NERD

Feliday Melody posted:

This is a few weeks ago

This is a few days ago

He ordered a blue Phoenix blown up so that he could brag about it to his Horde friends on discord. People who's corp he would then go on to join shortly after.

The excuse used was that the Phoenix was looting. It had one projectile gun in its cargo.

this is a good thing and more people should be doing it

Furnok Dorn
Mar 30, 2004
to be clear i mean the killing blues part

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Furnok Dorn posted:

to be clear i mean the killing blues part

There's a difference between shooting blues yourself, like a honourable goon, and the awoxing he did.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Furnok Dorn posted:

e
v
e

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Yeah I play EvE Online

E
v
E

O
N
L
I am still stuck on this plane for another hour
N
E

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Modern day shitposting from 35,000 feet.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
The only thing that doesn’t work is discord- I’ve been watching formula 1 from up here it’s lit

Furnok Dorn
Mar 30, 2004

Wibla posted:

There's a difference between shooting blues yourself, like a honourable goon, and the awoxing he did.

as somebody who awoxed before it had a name - i disagree

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
Please shoot blues

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

Solus posted:

The only thing that doesn’t work is discord- I’ve been watching formula 1 from up here it’s lit

I used to use a Nvidia Shield portable to play CSGO at airports. When you have to travel a lot for work its nice to be able to normal things.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Dalmuti posted:

Please shoot blues

Then pray to Vile Rat

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

Mr. Grinch posted:

i dont think its the bar (ive posted several times about how i wish theyd ban john hartley) my point is that merely identifying someone being mean and saying "oh this person is being toxic and we dont tolerate meanies" is a lot easier (and less impactful) than reckoning with the actual enablers in power.

Asher himself said the stuff about mittani seemed like bullshit, i argued with several directors about mittani's words and behaviors, xttz doesnt give a poo poo about what mittens did, etc

there has been zero real work done to prove to the victims or to anyone outside the org that gsf is actually a safe place for them to play and make friends (especially since they wont even admit what actually happened, or denounce his loyalists) and instead theyll just lazily point fingers at people being mean as a limp dicked demonstration of how much better they are now.

its the same org as it was, removing people with no real power or influence is not enough

emptyquoting

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Solus posted:

If you mysteriously vanish from SA, I'll assume you did the cellphone during landing thing and crashed the plane

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

What's going on in this thr-

:yikes:

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

:munch:

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

:same:

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Something happened!

Techno
Jul 13, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

dragonshardz posted:

words about events in space

cool story

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Ajaxify posted:

I don't have a personal relationship with Alterari, but my understanding is Alterari thought he deserved titan keys and left when he didn't get them. Which is a shame as I enjoyed his fleets and personality as FC.

I don't understand why he wasn't given super keys, when we had less talented FCs burning through literally 5-6 titans worth of HACs on the daily during the war.

God forbid someone with some competence wants to shoot 'the enemy'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

I heard he just wanted to take a break, then got kicked from his corp.

What is it with people on the internet and not telling the whole story? I'm starting to think there's a connection.