Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Even at their worst, Warriors games are dumb fun games to listen to podcasts to. If they go as OTT with the additional characters, scenarios and extras as Hyrule Warriors did, I can genuinely see it becoming my favourite game in the genre bar none.

I just hope this isn't another Berserk Musou and they have a bunch of characters that you'll never play as, either because they don't care or it sells like crap. As a persona spin off thing, I don't think that'll be the case, but koei's involved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Yknow how licensed Musou games typically have a handful of new villains but generally will include all the notable bad guys from the source material?

Playable Kamoshida incoming

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I'm not sure how I'd handle playable hitler.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Megami Tensei Megathread: Do Not Pursue Haru

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
As long as it doesn't end up as self indulgent as FE Warriors was and is just a simple fun rear end musou that'll probably be fine. Of course this being a licensed musou it could go either way.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I haven't played a musou game in ages but I remember people saying FE Warriors is bad.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

That's an unfortunate name for a Musou, because there might only be the gang around as cast, half of which will be available at release.

And Morgana as tedious cat, real cat, cat bus and human.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tired Moritz posted:

I haven't played a musou game in ages but I remember people saying FE Warriors is bad.

The character roster is bad, 3/4 of the dlc is reskins of existing characters with already playable movelists, the gameplay systems are bad and only stop mattering once you've put a lot of time into the game, and it's another game that does nothing but fellate Awakening and Fates.

So yes, it's bad.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Tired Moritz posted:

It's fine, but the character roster is rather lacking as it mostly from the 3DS games with one or two people from the original game and the GBA game. And the season pass is more characters from the 3DS games. Also a lot of characters are just clones of each other (peagus knights the same as other peagus knights) compare to Hyrule Warriors where everyone is unique and come with weapons that further change their play style.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
If I were going to play a musou for the first time in however long I'd probably just as soon play Extella Link since that's at least in a franchise I still like.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Extella Link is also actually a decent game too, so it wouldnt be a bad investment

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Oh boy, it's a musou with the the p3 and p4 cast as DLC and no p1 or p2 characters. Well, depending on how many OC and villain characters are playable in the base game, they might have Makoto, Aigis, Yu and Yosuke and Sonic as default characters to fill out the roster.

Bring out the SMT 5 news Atlus, you cowards

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I mean, it makes more sense than the dancing game.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

a musou game is the last thing I'd have expected p5s to be, not gonna lie

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
The story is that once again, the Phantom Thieves have to beat somebody up before they can get away with the Treasure, but it takes way longer this time.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Manatee Cannon posted:

a musou game is the last thing I'd have expected p5s to be, not gonna lie

imagine how much better the pacing on the later dungeons will be!

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
alright think I'm done with persona yall

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You're gonna get to play as goro in the musou game though

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

The only way I will enjoy this game is if the roster includes a fair number of characters from 1-4.

Since it won't, I will probably skip it, unfortunately.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

I'd rather have a Sonic musou than Persona, Sega.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Yakuza musou with Kiryu sending 40 guys flying with one swing of a bike

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Firebert posted:

Yakuza musou with Kiryu sending 40 guys flying with one swing of a bike

How's that different from a normal Yakuza game?

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

W.T. Fits posted:

He does a karaoke duet with Cao Cao at the end

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I really want them to do the whole everybody in the pool thing that most of these do but if it is actually just Persona 5 Musou than that seems omega lame.

I have decided in my heart that its going to be P3FeMC and the Demi-Fiend fighting the Jack Bros who have taken over Nanako's Heaven and when Atlus does not provide this that represents a failure on their part.

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.

Firebert posted:

I'm sold

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Firebert posted:

W.T. Fits posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Expect My Mom posted:

alright think I'm done with persona yall

I'm not.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'll be keeping my ear to the ground when Persona 6 springs up.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Captain Baal posted:

You're gonna get to play as goro in the musou game though

just when i think im out

they pull me back in

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

Healbot posted:

Raidou Kuzunoha.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Crabtree posted:

I just hope this isn't another Berserk Musou and they have a bunch of characters that you'll never play as, either because they don't care or it sells like crap. As a persona spin off thing, I don't think that'll be the case, but koei's involved.

poo poo, I forgot about that one. They definitely half-assed that game. I know the Fist of the North Star games get a bad rap, but compared to that, they're masterpieces.

Call it the exception that proves the rule?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Hellioning posted:

The only way I will enjoy this game is if the roster includes a fair number of characters from 1-4.

Since it won't, I will probably skip it, unfortunately.

It's possible considering how many characters these games usually have.

Imagine having all three Persona Jokers in the same game.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
A Musou game with P5's aesthetic and music?

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

i'll never forget Tecmo All-Stars for the magical experience where you hit a button and suddenly it's an idol stage and glowsticks everywhere and your party members are cheering you on

Especially when your party members are Sophie from Atelier going "Ganbarimasu!!" and then William from Nioh just goes, in perfect English, "You're pretty good." right after

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Healbot posted:

Honestly, I'm all over a Persona musou and I still think I'd prefer this. Them going a Hyrule Warriors level of ham over Sonic would be amazing fun.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Merilan posted:

i'll never forget Tecmo All-Stars for the magical experience where you hit a button and suddenly it's an idol stage and glowsticks everywhere and your party members are cheering you on

Especially when your party members are Sophie from Atelier going "Ganbarimasu!!" and then William from Nioh just goes, in perfect English, "You're pretty good." right after

This makes me think of getting that game whenever it's on sale.

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

MonsieurChoc posted:

This makes me think of getting that game whenever it's on sale.

It's pretty fun for how long it lasted me but honestly all Musou games have the same core problem for me that I'm not the type to want to play literally everyone and that's how you really get your mileage out of them. so they have relatively limited lifespans that aren't worth the full price tag of like $90 nzd or whatever

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
All Stars is arguably worse than launch DW9 because it has the awful mechanic of forcing a level gap system for every mission, meaning you can't just rush in and do objectives.

Think any open world RPG where a guy being 1-2 levels above you is death, except a million times.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I'm surprised people are mad about a totally new game getting made instead of Atlus re-releasing a game that's already been out for three years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
It's just hard to give a poo poo about P Studio at the moment, really. Maybe if they stop being completely crap I'll be more excited for Persona.