Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Large Testicles posted:

Yeah I just picked up Vampire Survivors too cause I needed something dumb, in a good way. I got to the 30 minute mark in the first stage on my 3rd run with the second character. I forget what I had but I was just mowing poo poo down until the boss came out and pushed my poo poo in. $4.49 well spent so far

And there is so. much. more. Still the same general gameplay, but but about 16 different ways to kill everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
im gonna 100% links awakening remastered. this game has too much charm not to

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

And there is so. much. more. Still the same general gameplay, but but about 16 different ways to kill everything.

I bounced off it hard when I tried playing on my phone cause I hate touch screen controls but it plays great with a stick

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Sally posted:

im gonna 100% links awakening remastered. this game has too much charm not to

i want them to remake link to the past the same way

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
Donkeyest Dungeon

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

RestingB1tchFace posted:

Donkeyest Dungeon

The kurse of the Kong

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

DK64 already had Creepy Castle :colbert:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

goethe.cx posted:

DK64 already had Creepy Castle :colbert:

It also had an object render distance of only fifteen feet. For a collectathon. gently caress that game.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

goethe.cx posted:

i want them to remake link to the past the same way

i'd be all over that.

Dead Nerve
Mar 27, 2007

Updog Scully posted:

Hot tip to anyone who owns Marble It Up: you can download the new deluxe edition, Marble It Up Ultra, for free.

You da MVP! Thank you

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
thinking of remakes that never were... i really dug the 3d FFIV remake on the DS and was legitimately bummed SquareEnix never did one for FFVI.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Sally posted:

thinking of remakes that never were... i really dug the 3d FFIV remake on the DS and was legitimately bummed SquareEnix never did one for FFVI.

I've been waiting THIRTY YEARS for Square to make good on those promo pics of the ff6 characters in n64 graphics

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Meowywitch posted:

Video games are too long

every JRPG should be the 20-30 hour length of SNES ones

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

symbolic posted:

/looks at ffvi played game data and chuckles nervously

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
All games should be 8 hours.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
All JRPG's capped at 25 hours

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S
I should be able to 100% a game in 1 day of binging

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Mister Facetious posted:

I've been waiting THIRTY YEARS for Square to make good on those promo pics of the ff6 characters in n64 graphics

wow i did not read that as "promo" initially

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

goethe.cx posted:

wow i did not read that as "promo" initially

Yeah, this was back when it was still called the Ultra 64, iirc
Some companies were showing off some concept pieces. the original pic had locke, terra, and... Celes, i think?

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

symbolic posted:

I've got 19+ into Trials of Mana, and my library web thingy just told me I can't renew it again, so I've got 2 days to wrap it up.
Just got my third party member into their second class.

Does the save file live on my system, so I could borrow the game again in the future and pick up where I left off? Fingats crossed.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

B33rChiller posted:

I've got 19+ into Trials of Mana, and my library web thingy just told me I can't renew it again, so I've got 2 days to wrap it up.
Just got my third party member into their second class.

Does the save file live on my system, so I could borrow the game again in the future and pick up where I left off? Fingats crossed.

If you paid for nso, you also have cloud saves. You have to manually erase save data for each game either in the game itself, or under the system settings > storage.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

B33rChiller posted:

Yeah, switch games always save to the console even if you’re playing from a cartridge.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

sweet, thanks. I'll be back, lil cactus. Don't worry.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

bowmore posted:

All JRPG's capped at 25 hours

*Argues in Xenoblade*

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Upsidads posted:

*Argues in Xenoblade*

Watched a YouTube video of *just* the main story cutscenes for XC3

It was over 13 hours long :shepface:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Mister Facetious posted:

why would you do that

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

JollyBoyJohn posted:

if backlogs are real then castlevania 2: simons quest is still in mine and for that reason im comfortable voiding the concept of backlogs

castlevania 2: simon's quest pwns actually. it's a great game

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Mister Facetious posted:

I love it

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
I liked Red Steel 2, ubisoft should make another

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.
Should I pre-order Detective Pikachu Returns or is there an option for a physical copy?

Also, what is it? Is this a remake or a sequel? Are we just forgetting the film happened? I can remember the film better than I can remember the 3DS game lol.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

why would you preorder a game when you don’t even know what it is lmfao

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Brain worms

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I don't know why the film would come into it, it's not like it's in the same continuity. The new game is a sequel to the first game, the same way most video game series work.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Prurient Squid posted:

Should I pre-order Detective Pikachu Returns...
Also, what is it?

:lol:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

That marble game looks good. There’s always a million shovelware marble games out there, but I’ll keep my eye on that one for a slow down in new stuff.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

An Actual Princess posted:

castlevania 2: simon's quest pwns actually. it's a great game

its actually godawful, it outright lies too you, the bosses are way too easy, its probably one of the most obtuse and misleading games i've ever played and now you mention it - its probably really fun to run through with save-states

Quantum of Phallus posted:

brand loyalty

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Darkest Dungeon owns. My first character death is when one of my guys got one shot by a troll smacking them with a tree trunk. I let out an audible gasp when that happened as they were one of my first party members

My first wipe was when my shield breaker lady when nuts and starting hurling insults at the rest of my party until they went insane too. I wasnt even upset by that I found it hilarious.

I played after all the updates tho

Diet Coke Can
Jul 25, 2004
Downloaded RDR last night, but the controller keeps disconnecting every few seconds (have to do the L+R reconnection over and over again). Not experiencing this when I'm playing other games. Anyone else getting this problem? I want to play my cowboy game :(

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

JollyBoyJohn posted:

its actually godawful, it outright lies too you, the bosses are way too easy, its probably one of the most obtuse and misleading games i've ever played and now you mention it - its probably really fun to run through with save-states

brand loyalty

Isn't that the game where one of the levels requires you to walk to the left and crouch for like 15 seconds before you can progress?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yak Shaves Dot Com
Jan 5, 2009

Diet Coke Can posted:

Downloaded RDR last night, but the controller keeps disconnecting every few seconds (have to do the L+R reconnection over and over again). Not experiencing this when I'm playing other games. Anyone else getting this problem? I want to play my cowboy game :(

Bug Fables does this to me if I've left two controllers connected to the system since the game is single player and the code isn't robust enough to just ignore the second controller. Might be worth checking?