Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Buck Wildman posted:

what's everyone playing. I'm alternating between crosscode and labyrinth of refrain rn

I'm still really into Fallout 4 right now. Sim Settlements 2 has been a real game-changer for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I'm working on perfection in Stardew, and I've been having a weird urge to replay evil genius 2 since I didn't get to do any of the dlc so that's next

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Nearly done with System Shock 2, timeless game. Otherwise I'm just playing Street Fighter 6 to hopefully improve a bit more before 70% of the playerbase picks up Akuma in a week or so.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Grapplejack posted:

I'm working on perfection in Stardew, and I've been having a weird urge to replay evil genius 2 since I didn't get to do any of the dlc so that's next

The DLC is p accessable in that game. The character is fine. The side stories are enough. I found it stupid difficult to go back to a base that I built from previous installs though, because I build my bases poorly.

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
I'm on the move most of the time these days so Ive been playing lots of Dune Imperium mobile. It's a very good implementation of a really nicely balanced board game, very snappy and responsive. You can get through most sessions in 45 minutes or so, and it's pretty quick to find a public game.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Buck Wildman posted:

lol that you nearly died because the o2 vending machines were busted

No wonder the Libertarian set love the game.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Karach posted:

How are you liking JA3? JA2 is one of my personal goat games

Its good! I also loved Jagged Alliance 2 back in the day (though a lot of its systems have not aged well at all). Its got some annoying little issues and jank (which unfortunately the devs can no longer fix) but 3 has a lot more systems to make it so that you don't autowin by just employing as many people with long rifles on rooftops as possible. Overwatch is really powerful, short-range stuff like shotguns have their uses, explosives are fun and good. The humor is also mostly intact from 2, with a few modern twists.

It might not be able to live up 100 percent to every cool thing you could do in 2 in some areas, but its certainly the best effort at a new Jagged Alliance game we've seen so far.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

DaysBefore posted:

It clearly says Lades not Ladies. Epic spelling fail much?

laddies

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Buck Wildman posted:

what's everyone playing. I'm alternating between crosscode and labyrinth of refrain rn

Finishing up this Cyberpunk run, trying to get as much done as possible since I probably won't play it again for a while. Tentative plan is to finally hit Baldurs Gate 3 after this

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Buck Wildman posted:

Cabaret Club Simulator

There's a minigame about pissing off the Japanese mafia buried in there somewhere too but I gots priorities

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Buck Wildman posted:

I made a slug build for DbD, and it seems to do a pretty good job of pissing everyone off. I like it because it adds another layer to the usual "down, hook, repeat" cycle that I got bored with last time around.

Got my fill of Song of Syx for now, so decided to check out the RimWorld 1.5 update. The fourth and fifth pawns to join my new colony each came with their own health problems; the first guy keeps having heart attacks, and the second guy was in a coma for 40 days. Lazy bums.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

finally finished up all of the pixel remasters. theyre all incredible, i didnt expect to enjoy the earlier ones as much as i did. probably coolest part of playing the first 3 were how hard the final bosses, it took me a while especially in the first game

if i had to rank them id say 6 > 5 > 1 = 2 = 3

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

One More Fat Nerd posted:

How is the fanservice in Labyrinth of Refrain? I love blobbers but skipped it and went for Galleria cause I heard theres just endless cringy talk about the MC's boobs in the cutscenes

Personally I found Galleria to be worse fan service but also better game play.

Really Galleria is such an improvement game wise I don't think I'd recommend playing Refrain after it. Before? Totally.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Finished Colony Ship. Classic badass Iron Tower CRPG. Story wasn't as good as AoD and the companions were all very hollow but I dug it all the way through, enjoyed the tough combat. Getting owned constantly for hours and then all at once it clicks, you get the dope guns and perks, meet a new guy for the team. Never got super easy either though I'm by no means a CRPG statsmaxx master. Hope they sell enough for a sequel

Fighting Elegy
Jan 2, 2007
I do not masturbate; I FIGHT!

Karach posted:

How are you liking JA3? JA2 is one of my personal goat games

JA2 is my personal GOAT and I highly recommend JA3. It's not as good as 2 but it is an actual real "sequel" and not some reboot or modernization or retread. It feels a bit like what would happen if the developers of Silent Storm teamed up with the writer of JA1 and 2 and started making JA3 in 2006. This is high praise.

2nd favorite game of last year next to Wanted:Dead (it's tough to compare a 7 hour game to a 70 hour one though). I will start doing a new campaign too since I know they added a lot of stuff since I played (Bobby Ray's wasn't even in the game when I played).

my_custom_username
Nov 30, 2023

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Nearly done with System Shock 2, timeless game. Otherwise I'm just playing Street Fighter 6 to hopefully improve a bit more before 70% of the playerbase picks up Akuma in a week or so.

Oh poo poo, he's finally out? Loved playing him in 3rd Strike, probably the most fun iteration of him

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

my_custom_username posted:

Oh poo poo, he's finally out? Loved playing him in 3rd Strike, probably the most fun iteration of him

He'll be out on the 22nd. He looks insanely good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIPTOVx6pls

Also one of his taunts is just slowly walking towards you which is hilarious

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

gradenko_2000 posted:

I'm still really into Fallout 4 right now. Sim Settlements 2 has been a real game-changer for me.

yeah its really good

i feel bad for people that can't get into the building stuff

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Regarde Aduck posted:

yeah its really good

I normally hate building stuff in games, but I enjoyed it in Fallout 4 I think because I just enjoy the setting and world in general.

However, settlement building never actually felt complete or meaningful. I really wish it had more affects on gameplay, and more interaction. Is it just as skin-deep in Starfield?

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Nichael posted:

I normally hate building stuff in games, but I enjoyed it in Fallout 4 I think because I just enjoy the setting and world in general.

However, settlement building never actually felt complete or meaningful. I really wish it had more affects on gameplay, and more interaction. Is it just as skin-deep in Starfield?

it is way, way, way more skin deep in Starfield, and wholly meaningless in terms of gameplay interactions

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

DoombatINC posted:

it is way, way, way more skin deep in Starfield, and wholly meaningless in terms of gameplay interactions

nice glad to see they responded to constructive criticism by making GBS threads themselves

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
yeah its worse in starfield. There's no point to it at all. It's a space game about exploration but there's never any point to building an outpost. It's a real shame and something modders can easily fix so give it 4 years and we might have something decent.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Regarde Aduck posted:

yeah its really good

The settlement stuff was part of what turned me off the game (though the bigger part was just not finding the setting compelling).

How high maintenance is it with this mod?

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Nichael posted:

sim settlements is the best fallout 4 mod give it a try

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

lots of good gaming going on thx for the updates all

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

https://x.com/FF5ForFutures/status/1790163121304490442

the FF5 Fiesta charity this year is for palestine just shouting out this cause im gonna do one after taking the last two off.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

It would have been cool if Fallout 4's settlements had an effect on the narrative as well, but Bethesda would never do that. Something like Mass Effect 3's half-implemented war-readiness system that changed endings, so if you rebuild thresholds of Boston, you do X or Y for your faction's ending.

Again, never would happen with them but whatever. I should work at Bethesda, I'm dumb and I can poo poo myself like the best of them.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Nichael posted:

It would have been cool if Fallout 4's settlements had an effect on the narrative as well, but Bethesda would never do that. Something like Mass Effect 3's half-implemented war-readiness system that changed endings, so if you rebuild thresholds of Boston, you do X or Y for your faction's ending.

Again, never would happen with them but whatever. I should work at Bethesda, I'm dumb and I can poo poo myself like the best of them.

The ending being a multi-front assault on your settlement network by spurned factions would have been very cool
like Hoover Dam but all over the map

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

RealityWarCriminal posted:

pentiment is a good game if you want to feel horribly depressed that the same oppressive power structures existed 500 years ago and will likely never change

yes

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Popy posted:

https://x.com/FF5ForFutures/status/1790163121304490442

the FF5 Fiesta charity this year is for palestine just shouting out this cause im gonna do one after taking the last two off.

gl thanks for the link

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Regarde Aduck posted:

yeah its worse in starfield. There's no point to it at all. It's a space game about exploration but there's never any point to building an outpost. It's a real shame and something modders can easily fix so give it 4 years and we might have something decent.

gunna call it now, but this is never happening. there's no piz-zaz, no juice, no tumblr/nexusmod fanbase, no horny mpreg titties energy, no excitement to bother modding starfield (to say nothing that mod tools are probably never coming but even if they did)

also I would say it's something that's not easy to fix

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

are there any games out that are actually any good? keep in mind of my high standards. most games u think are hard are very very easy for me. my gamer brain is well beyond anything u can imagine.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Lpzie posted:

are there any games out that are actually any good? keep in mind of my high standards. most games u think are hard are very very easy for me. my gamer brain is well beyond anything u can imagine.

against the storm was probably the last GOAT. but crab souls is also quite good

Core Keeper comes out soon. it's also very good if you loved terraria and zelda, you'll love it

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Lpzie posted:

check this poo poo out:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/246580/The_Typing_of_The_Dead_Overkill/

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls

Regarde Aduck posted:

the best part of starfield imho was the shipbuilding, but then I realized most of the hab modules are palette swaps and the best parts are either level-gated or require putting points into skills

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Lpzie posted:

Pathologic 2 for real gaming sickos

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls

Karach posted:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Nichael posted:

That would suck because it would mean you lose out from not engaging in the settlement stuff. I wouldn't mind if you gained some material benefits from it, but it'd suck to have it influence story stuff.

The ME3 war readiness was fine because it just naturally happened through doing side content. I don't want to have to play some base-builder to affect the story in my first-person RPG.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

i'll think about it

Karach posted:

already beat it. don't let the achievements fool you. it's the time. that's the key.

Xaris posted:

against the storm was probably the last GOAT. but crab souls is also quite good

Core Keeper comes out soon. it's also very good if you loved terraria and zelda, you'll love it

souls games are terrible easy, sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Lpzie posted:

i'll think about it

already beat it. don't let the achievements fool you. it's the time. that's the key.

souls games are terrible easy, sorry.

no I'm p sure it's the achievements that really count