Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Quantum of Phallus posted:

uh ever heard of Zack Snyder’s “sucker punch”??

Death to the demoness Zach Snyder!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Joust posted:

CAN'T WAIT FOR ALL THE NEW 2022 MOVIES. WOW!

Oh yeah?! Name three

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

This implies that there are 52,288 directors who could make a good Matrix movie

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I’m looking forward to:

The Northman
uhhhh
Jackass 4
Mission Impossible next

Uh

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

I’m looking forward to:

you say that every year

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
isn't 2une next year

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

I’m looking forward to:

The Northman

Jackass 4
Mission Impossible next

That's actually a pretty good list.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Raskolnikov38 posted:

you say that every year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ2jDdOfRwM

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Origami Dali posted:

isn't 2une next year

DUNC2 is 2023 unless Covid Kappa fucks everything up

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
ugh im not even going to care in over a year because ill be dead like everybody else

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

I’m looking forward to:

The Northman
uhhhh
Jackass 4
Mission Impossible next

Uh

I was going to put some terrible sounding movies here but as I was going through the 2022 release calendar I gave myself depression instead.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

finished reading dune yesterday actually. Cool book. Started the second one

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

mallratcal posted:

I was going to put some terrible sounding movies here but as I was going through the 2022 calendar I gave myself depression instead.

I googled “films of 2022” and legit groaned

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Groovelord Neato posted:

eXistenZ was the best of the non-Matrix "is this real" flicks of the time.

hell i think it's just a scoche better than the Matrix

though if Matrix had Willem Dafoe and Jennifer Jason Leigh... hachi machi

oh and lookslike ExistENZ is on Pluto,watch it if youhaven't ever done that thing itt

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

I googled “films of 2022” and legit groaned

NIGHT

MARE

ALLEY

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

Origami Dali posted:

if the machines can keep you in a vat from birth, why even make a matrix. just keep them unconscious. hell remove the cerebral cortex. can't rebel if you're a veg.

because the original idea was that the humans were used as distributed computing nodes, which would require them to have functional brains and also makes a shitload more sense than using them as batteries that defy basic laws of thermodynamics, but some incredibly powerful studio person was too stupid to understand that so they had to dumb it down to not insult them.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

finished reading dune yesterday actually. Cool book. Started the second one

Messiah is kinda dull but go ahead and rush through so you can get to Children of Dune and God Emperor, which own.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
Remember, it's your solemn duty to read every single Dune sequel, especially the ones written by Brian Herbert

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Jan 1, 2022

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
ill just browse the plot summaries on wikipedia instead

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
oh my god

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
Free movie weekend at the theater: Clueless, Snow White, and How The West Was Won.
I dont give a poo poo about any of these so skipping this week, next week is The Kings Man then after that is Sing 2, I dont really wanna see those either.

WATCH ENCANTO
a huge muscle lady rolls back and fully exposes her bloomers and awakened things in me

X JAKK fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Jan 1, 2022

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

precision posted:

hell i think it's just a scoche better than the Matrix

though if Matrix had Willem Dafoe and Jennifer Jason Leigh... hachi machi

oh and lookslike ExistENZ is on Pluto,watch it if youhaven't ever done that thing itt

It's definitely better on the mindfuck aspect.

infernal machines posted:

especially the ones written by Brian Herbert

They should bury people like you under the prison.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

infernal machines posted:

Remember, it's your solemn duty to read every singe Dune sequel, especially the ones written by Brian Herbert

This is violence

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

PostNouveau posted:

Is "Don't Look Up" any good? I feel like the fact that it makes fun of journalists makes the reviews completely unreliable.

I watched it the other night, mild thumbs down. The individual performances are fine, but the tonal mishmash is so bad it feels like everyone's in a different movie. The characters act like cartoons and make fart jokes but you're also supposed to take away a "serious" message and buy into an emotional ending with tinkling piano music. The "it's getting bad reviews because of the message and criticism of the media" is shameless deflection of the fact that it's the most flaccid, obvious satire imaginable. Adam McKay is clearly way, way too in love with himself and how clever he thinks he is.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Counterpoint: Stevelon Jobusk and his dildo rockets was great

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
The M4trix is really doing a number on this thread.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Idea. Matrix 5 and everyone has big bazongas.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
Happy new year, denizens of the objectively the worst thread on the internet, are movies dead yet?

Also, I miss "gently caress you, it's January!" :smith:

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Watching a lot of crappy standup on Netflix, most of it forgettable, but gotta shout out Colin Quinn, what a sharp dude

Colin Quinn: The New York Story
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NZCWPuTsy0

If you like standup comedy you gotta watch this guy, ayyyy I'm talkin here

Solid 5 out of 5 Comfys and an uncomfortable Polish joke

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

mallratcal posted:

Idea. Matrix 5 and everyone has big bazongas.

Have a first draft on my desk by Friday.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Crescent Wrench posted:

I watched it the other night, mild thumbs down. The individual performances are fine, but the tonal mishmash is so bad it feels like everyone's in a different movie. The characters act like cartoons and make fart jokes but you're also supposed to take away a "serious" message and buy into an emotional ending with tinkling piano music. The "it's getting bad reviews because of the message and criticism of the media" is shameless deflection of the fact that it's the most flaccid, obvious satire imaginable. Adam McKay is clearly way, way too in love with himself and how clever he thinks he is.

I didn't read the quote and thought you were talking about m4trix until the very least sentence

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
"Is this movie like a cover of the originals, but worse?", in reference to the Brass Against cover of Wake Up

Mike Stoklasa is a genius.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
I don't hate armageddon
like, whatever
but man, after they get to the asteroid the cinematography just eats poo poo. I don't know enough about movies to know what the gently caress was going on, but something must have happened behind the scenes, it's loving brutal. the only thing I can think to compare it to is the "car chase" from Saw 1 where they could only film one car at a time and they weren't allowed to drive it? that's what every scene on the surface of the asteroid looks like, like they're trying to hide the fact that they've only got a mid-size garage to film in

Barudak
May 7, 2007

My memory is that there were hasty rewrites for the whole asteroid sequence of who lived and who died so its possible its chopped up similar to the atrocious car chase to start Quantum of Solace

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill

Cubone posted:

I don't hate armageddon
like, whatever
but man, after they get to the asteroid the cinematography just eats poo poo. I don't know enough about movies to know what the gently caress was going on, but something must have happened behind the scenes, it's loving brutal. the only thing I can think to compare it to is the "car chase" from Saw 1 where they could only film one car at a time and they weren't allowed to drive it? that's what every scene on the surface of the asteroid looks like, like they're trying to hide the fact that they've only got a mid-size garage to film in

It always reminded me of the set of GUTS on Nickelodeon

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

lol just imagine thinking sirota is the worst person on twitter when the movieblob exists

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

All I know about the home alone reboot is this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ufem1g47NTU
And it sounds loving wretched.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Counterpoint: Stevelon Jobusk and his dildo rockets was great

I admit Mark Rylance does play a good weirdo billionaire, but the funniest and strangest part of the movie is Rob Morgan's hairpiece.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Watching a lot of crappy standup on Netflix, most of it forgettable, but gotta shout out Colin Quinn, what a sharp dude

Colin Quinn: The New York Story
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NZCWPuTsy0

If you like standup comedy you gotta watch this guy, ayyyy I'm talkin here

Solid 5 out of 5 Comfys and an uncomfortable Polish joke

Wow, directed by Jerry Seinfeld. Very important in a standup special, who directed it