Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Well, this guy certainly fuckin' rules.

I never had Crystar as a kid but I had a couple of random supporting characters. If they do more of these guys I'll buy 'em!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I’m still waiting on on mine to ship, I don’t know where the gently caress I’m going to put Eternia when it gets here. Those aren’t the origins playsets in the background, they’re MOTU Classics and Super7; both of which are huge.

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1754144370779910432?s=46

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rquzqpie0gw&t=15s

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Touché

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

playsets are cool. they dont make playsets for my stuff

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Eternia talk makes me wonder how Rhyno is doing.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

The_Doctor posted:

Same. I miss that guy.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

He’s currently probed for, uh, 10 years.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1753651578559431030

Those aren't even my two favorite X-Men or anything but Mafex stuff is just so good.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Brown Wolverine rerelease next please :saddumb:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

The_Doctor posted:

He’s currently probed for, uh, 10 years.

What was the reason?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

He needed help bad and the forums did him no good

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Specifically he refused to get help and repeatedly trauma dumped on the forums when he was told to stop.

It's not a full max probation, he's allowed to come back if he proves he it.

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1753651578559431030

Those aren't even my two favorite X-Men or anything but Mafex stuff is just so good.

Speaking of Mafex; BBTS has both Steel and Cyborg Superman as part of their daily deals today. $62.99 apiece

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

thiccabod posted:

Speaking of Mafex; BBTS has both Steel and Cyborg Superman as part of their daily deals today. $62.99 apiece

Good looking out! Been wanting to get that Cyborg. And Eradicator. And the upcoming Superboy. Already got Steel tho.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Yay! Grabbing cyborg supes.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

The_Doctor posted:

He’s still out there, he’s active on instagram. Last we chatted it was still a lot of the same stuff but that was a couple months back.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Joe Fisto posted:

He’s still out there, he’s active on instagram. Last we chatted it was still a lot of the same stuff but that was a couple months back.

Ok, glad to hear he’s still with us. :unsmith:

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Looks like Spector Creative died before Masters of the Universe.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Caesarian Sectarian posted:

Looks like Spector Creative died before Masters of the Universe.

I had to google to see what you were talking about, but I guess his YouTube channel randomly got taken down? He said on twitter he doesn't know why and he's working on it. I was worried the guy actually died, like he's full of poo poo sometimes but I don't actually want him dead...

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Marvel Legends is releasing a Spider-Man animated series "VHS" two-pack of a cell-shaded Daredevil and a transparent Hydro-Man. Would anyone be interested in just the Hydro-Man so we could split that set?

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/175491587278576847

Big Bad Voodoo Lou fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Feb 6, 2024

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Marvel Legends is releasing a Spider-Man animated series "VHS" two-pack of a cell-shaded Daredevil and a transparent Hydro-Man. Would anyone be interested in just the Hydro-Man so we could split that set?

Ha, I was with you until you wanted the Daredevil figure not the Hydro-man. Theres probably someone out there who wants HM only but... why?

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Some people may already have the red DD from the three-pack with white Elektra and blue Bullseye (I skipped it), or they may dislike the cell shading.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Transparent plastic action figures are really cool.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Gripweed posted:

I agree and they look really cool lit up with LEDs.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Gripweed posted:

Blackchamber posted:

I agree and they look really cool lit up with LEDs.

There ya go! I thought someone might want ol' Morrie for that reason too -- maybe those Iceman and Crystar fans!

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
It'd be nice if Hasbro gave us a not poo poo Iceman at one point with some neat transparency tricks and blue/white shading. The one we have now is semen casted in the shape of a figure.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
I'm not sure how common it is, but I did notice that DD has toe articulation. That might push me into purchasing territory.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Louisgod posted:

It'd be nice if Hasbro gave us a not poo poo Iceman at one point with some neat transparency tricks and blue/white shading. The one we have now is semen casted in the shape of a figure.

Word is Medicom are doing him at some point in the next 3 years so there's always that option.

If we're still alive by then.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Kingtheninja posted:

I'm not sure how common it is, but I did notice that DD has toe articulation. That might push me into purchasing territory.

The Daredevil from the 3-pack did too. It's a really good figure. It's basically the reason I started collecting Marvel Legends in earnest, because DD is my favorite Marvel character and they really never did him right until then.

Personally I think the cell-shaded one looks like rear end. I'm generally not a fan of cell-shaded figures anyway, but I've seen it done reasonably well and that's just not. I mean, in my opinion. Looks like somebody spilled a bottle of ink on him. The clear figure is cool though. Anyway, good thing I already have a Daredevil!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
apologies if my transformers posts aren't welcome in this thread since there's also a dedicated transformers thread, but I just want to say hasbro, despite all their faults lately, has been KILLING it on the quality of their transformers figures the last few years. they just announced what seems to be a new line, comic-style shaded figures, starting with Shockwave and Grimlock, with Shockwave having the most obvious reason he's first being the iconic cover for his box:

god that loving cover is so loving cool gently caress

some might not like the aesthetic of the "comic styling" paintjob for the figures but I personally think I like it quite a bit. shockwave transforms into his...iconic..."space ship" form, and comes with an accessory that is just optimus prime's severed head from the comic

Grimlock looks great too, and comes with...two extra swords, for the dinobots who really should have come with swords! that sucks if you already bought grimlock but want the swords!!!! but it's something I guess!

the packaging is excellent, too, doesn't look like they're using plastic much if at all anymore.

and alongside those they announced a new Sandstorm, one of the original Triple Changers from G1, who turned into a robot, helicopter, and dune buggy. I had it and it was great even if it was a brick in all modes, but then for the 30th anniversary they released Generations Sandstorm, which is easily one of the best transformers of the last 20 years. just genuinely incredible especially considering it was iirc $22 at the time for such a high quality figure. (pictured: G1 and Generations next to each other in each mode)

the new one definitely harkens back more to the G1 version than the Generations version, looks mostly really good, except for the robot mode skipping leg day, all three modes look amazing.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

There ya go! I thought someone might want ol' Morrie for that reason too -- maybe those Iceman and Crystar fans!

Definitely not me. I gotta be real careful with my toy spending habits right now, as I might be getting into some real trouble soon.

Guys, I think...

I think I'm starting to like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Just buy one with the red bandana and setup some cleverly placed mirrors.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Gripweed posted:

I think I'm starting to like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Where have you been for the past 35ish years!?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

Where have you been for the past 35ish years!?

I liked the toys as a kid but I never watched the cartoons or the movies or read the comics. But just recently I read the comics where there's a bunch of mutants and the Turtles spend all their time going to DIY punk shows and teaching self defense classes, and those were good. And then I read The Last Ronin and that was good. And just no I watched Mutant Mayhem and that was good too. So now I'm thinking this might actually be a good franchise. It might have value beyond providing ninja weapons and a sewer base for the Star Trek the Next Generation figures.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Finally got my hands on a Mouse-Jaw. This guy is great. I love the colors, the white and red with that dark blue and neon green... fantastic. I would have liked it to come with a second mouser, but oh well.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Gripweed posted:

I liked the toys as a kid but I never watched the cartoons or the movies or read the comics. But just recently I read the comics where there's a bunch of mutants and the Turtles spend all their time going to DIY punk shows and teaching self defense classes, and those were good. And then I read The Last Ronin and that was good. And just no I watched Mutant Mayhem and that was good too. So now I'm thinking this might actually be a good franchise. It might have value beyond providing ninja weapons and a sewer base for the Star Trek the Next Generation figures.

Nostalgia aside, Turtles have been repackaged for a new generation a few times now and they've mostly been successful. The OG Archie run is still fun if you like zany stuff. The IDW run is excellent. And the 2003 cartoon is great as well!

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong

Joe Fisto posted:

Finally got my hands on a Mouse-Jaw. This guy is great. I love the colors, the white and red with that dark blue and neon green... fantastic. I would have liked it to come with a second mouser, but oh well.

I really like this and the other turtles one. It also broke the seal on my having never owned a single Masters of the Universe figure for better or worse.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
According to a random article on my feed, hasbro is releasing orders for a vintage collection e-wing fighter today, at noon cst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Yeah, yeah, those Jada Street Fighter figures look very nice and all but I simply have no room to jump on board anything else from here on, I shall just watch from afa-

*releases a Champion Edition variant*

..FFS.

He’s really lovely though, just fabulously great from a tactile perspective. drat it, now it’s got me imagining getting a CE Ken, Turbo or Alpha Chun, Guy and Cody…gah.