Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Magnificent Quiver posted:

Go ahead and put a yellow star on me for saying words you don't like buddy

You get one of those grape flavored stickers on your forehead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rack
Aug 5, 2003

I've misunderstood what a lion is.

Grimey Drawer
You guys should know by now:

You. Cannot. CANNOT. Judge.

It takes all kinds.

Leo
Oct 25, 2005

Adam talks about something related to air travel every single podcast it seems. Today he spent 25 minutes complaining about airplane security. His bag of tricks is only like three topics now and it's just painful. I haven't actually heard any of the guests in about two weeks since I give up before they come on.

I'm going to unsubscribe.

EvilLemon
Sep 15, 2004
Squeeze me. I squirt.

Real Life posted:

Adam talks about something related to air travel every single podcast it seems. Today he spent 25 minutes complaining about airplane security. His bag of tricks is only like three topics now and it's just painful. I haven't actually heard any of the guests in about two weeks since I give up before they come on.

Well, pal...the world is your oyster. Because that's all the world really is.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Today's podcast was very enjoyable. Johnny Knoxville is consistently a funny/hilarious-trainwreck guest and he and Adam have a good chemistry. I also think that now that the new format is getting settled into a routine both T and Bald Brian are fitting in well. Hopefully the upward trend continues.

CatchrNdRy
Mar 15, 2005

Receiver of the Rye.

Lisa Dergan: you want a cardboard cutout for the radio room?
Adam: well not for the radio room...
Drew: oh no, he will desecrate your image i promise...
Lisa Dergan: no, no you wouldn't do that...
Adam: No way. No way I'd put a hole in it and take a coffee can full of lard, and then duct tape the can to the hole.
Drew: oh
Lisa Dergan: we just lost Drew.
Adam: It's something I said I wouldn't do. It be rude. I do apologize. but if you could overnight that..

CatchrNdRy fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Jun 22, 2010

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Real Life posted:

I did like his allegory about how Air Travel is a condensed version of modern living, made me laugh and reflect on my experiences.

I only really listen to his podcast because it's updated very frequently and goes for quite a long time which is great when I am trying to complete a mindless task at work without distraction.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Grand Fromage posted:

Say what you will about his politics and whatnot, but you can't question his improv genius. My favorite bit on the Man Show was him playing the psychic and loving with passerby.

I disagree. I think he's great at coming up with stuff on the fly when he's just talking with Drew or Teresa or whoever, but whenever there's been a guest who was doing a character or a bit, he's been pretty miserable. So, he's good at doing improv except in an improv setting...

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008
Larry Miller trying to figure out which Kate Hudson movie he was in is just hilarious.

malefactor
Jul 23, 2006

by T. Finn

bananasinpajamas posted:

I disagree. I think he's great at coming up with stuff on the fly when he's just talking with Drew or Teresa or whoever, but whenever there's been a guest who was doing a character or a bit, he's been pretty miserable. So, he's good at doing improv except in an improv setting...

Yeah he is kinda strange like that. He says he doesn't like stand up because he doesn't like to be forced to do the same routine/jokes over and over.

But then he goes on the radio and tells the same jokes over and over. :psyduck:

CatchrNdRy
Mar 15, 2005

Receiver of the Rye.
Adam: Your kids think I'm cool right?
Drew: Teah. They really think Stryker's cool.
Linkin Park: oh.
Adam: That puss? Just because he has a handful of hair gel and acts like he snowboards?

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
The show on 06-29-1997 is the first time Adam rants about red turn arrows.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Does anyone have a picture of the arrows he's talking about? We have turn arrows here but I don't think they're the same as in LA, I've never been able to completely figure it out.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Grand Fromage posted:

Does anyone have a picture of the arrows he's talking about? We have turn arrows here but I don't think they're the same as in LA, I've never been able to completely figure it out.

One of these next to your standard stoplight:

So you can't just do a yielding left turn on a green light, you have to wait for the special left turn arrow light to give you the green. Which adds a whole extra cycle into the stoplight rotation. It makes sense on busy streets during the day, but I could see it being infuriating at 2 AM when there's no visible cars on the road for miles. Especially if it's on every stoplight in Culver City.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Okay, just to be sure I get it. Here we have a split light like this:

When the arrow's green, the light in the opposite direction is red and everybody can turn freely. When it switches to just having the green light, you can turn left if there's no oncoming traffic.

There are also wide roads with left turn lanes that have the signal you posted, and you can only go if there's an arrow. But the other direction's green and these are only on roads with eight or ten lanes so it's not like you can just go. They're not that common.

So I'm getting the issue is LA uses the second type in all sorts of places where there's no reason for it?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Just listened to the 2003 ep where the crew is in KROQ for the first time after finally leaving the dump of the studio - guest Me First and the Gimme Gimmies.

Hilarious.

I'm not sure if it's just the band laughing all the time that is contagious, but I haven't laughed this much in a while.

Liface
Jun 17, 2001

by T. Finn

malefactor posted:

Yeah he is kinda strange like that. He says he doesn't like stand up because he doesn't like to be forced to do the same routine/jokes over and over.

But then he goes on the radio and tells the same jokes over and over. :psyduck:

Oh, and he also often rails radio hosts who have catchphrases and gimmicks on their show, yet he has catchphrases and gimmicks on all of his shows. Mahalo...Good times....Caller betting....Accordion countdown, and the most egregious, recently "Gotta GET IT ON".

Adam Carolla is a very contradictory person.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
How say you?

RitualConfuser
Apr 22, 2008

Grand Fromage posted:

So I'm getting the issue is LA uses the second type in all sorts of places where there's no reason for it?

Yup. Even on roads where there are 4 lanes total, the second type is often used. I don't think I've ever actually seen that first type in southern California before but I could be remembering wrong.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

RitualConfuser posted:

Yup. Even on roads where there are 4 lanes total, the second type is often used. I don't think I've ever actually seen that first type in southern California before but I could be remembering wrong.

It all makes sense now. For some reason I have trouble picturing traffic unless I've been in it, and I couldn't figure out why Adam hated the arrows so much. Now I get it sounds really loving annoying.

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

RitualConfuser posted:

They are all over the place in Long Beach, which boggles my mind as it is surrounded by LA and Orange County, both of which seem to exclusively use the annoying no-yield lights. Long Beach is bizarrely sensible.

edit: Long Beach also has sensors and signal lengths that vary based on time of day. I think that last one is really Adam's problem. The lights are all timed based on daytime rush hour traffic, then he waltzes in around 2 AM and has to wait four minutes just to cross an empty street.

Hawkperson fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Jun 23, 2010

Teepkick Shakur
May 16, 2008

by XyloJW

GreenNight posted:

Just listened to the 2003 ep where the crew is in KROQ for the first time after finally leaving the dump of the studio - guest Me First and the Gimme Gimmies.

Hilarious.

I'm not sure if it's just the band laughing all the time that is contagious, but I haven't laughed this much in a while.

Great name for T's V.

Rack
Aug 5, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Grand Fromage posted:

He's been angry at these the whole time? I guess having them at every intersection would be a pain, but it at least makes logical sense when you look at it. I thought he was talking about THESE:

...because I look at those and, while I can probably figure out what it means, my initial reaction is '...what the hell is this?'.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Rack posted:

He's been angry at these the whole time? I guess having them at every intersection would be a pain, but it at least makes logical sense when you look at it. I thought he was talking about THESE:

...because I look at those and, while I can probably figure out what it means, my initial reaction is '...what the hell is this?'.

He is talking about those types of RED ARROW lights.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
Did Aisha Taylor appear on more than one show?

Because she's an amazing guest.

KING OF BLOGOSPHERE
Aug 26, 2008

"who the gently caress sells this poo poo" on today's podcast was the funniest segment they've ever done.

soru
Apr 27, 2003

The Red God has his due, sweet girl, and only death may pay for life.
Those types of lights with a red arrow are everywhere in the south. I've seen them my whole life in Louisiana/Florida/MS/AL. Red means DO NOT GO. Arrow means left. Pretty straightforward.

wooden pants
Nov 10, 2004
abeeted fortus

The rage begins when you are presented with a green light, and a red left turn arrow.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

No one said they were confusing, all we've said is that they are dumb as poo poo at 2 am.

Rack
Aug 5, 2003

Grimey Drawer

GreenNight posted:

No one said they were confusing, all we've said is that they are dumb as poo poo at 2 am.

I said they were confusing. I still think they are. As far as their usefulness at 2am, I contest that MOST lights, strange normal or irregular, are mostly useless at that time anyway. Something designed to moderate the flow of traffic only works if there actually IS traffic.

Adam's main hate for the turn arrow iirc was that they were useless because cops can only get you on it if they're directly behind you. And at that point, you'd be an idiot to run a light with a cop directly behind you. You just look both ways, wait for clear traffic in all directions, then go.

Just making sure I/we are all on the same page here.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
Anyone know which episode Drew pours acid on Adam's penis?

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Loveline - 2000-07-20 - Molly Simms (Genital Warts Exam) is right at the top of my Loveline folder. :)

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

KING OF BLOGOSPHERE posted:

"who the gently caress sells this poo poo" on today's podcast was the funniest segment they've ever done.
I'd forgotten how great that bit was, it was fantastic to hear it again in an uncensored format. I have way too much time at work to think about this poo poo while listening to the show, and today I realized that a lot of Adam's greatest moments seem to come from just interacting with crazy people. That segment is the perfect foundation for that, hopefully it's a regular installment from now on.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
The who the gently caress sells this poo poo was great. That guy sassing Adam was hilarious. I did think that Adam was a bit rude to the old guy though. Not sure why, but I didn't like the way he treated him.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Brekelefuw posted:

The who the gently caress sells this poo poo was great. That guy sassing Adam was hilarious. I did think that Adam was a bit rude to the old guy though. Not sure why, but I didn't like the way he treated him.

I got the impression that Adam treated him like that at first because he didn't know the guy was that old. He seemed to be a little nicer when he realized he was 88.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!
Has there ever been any pictures of Tara Don't Call Me Tarah Goddammnit, Chris, Engineer Michelle, Producer Anne, Jr jr jr jr jr jr jr jr jr jr jr jr producer Lauren or anyone else on the crew besides Brian and Anderson? I don't think I've ever seen any of them other than those two.

i am kiss u now
Dec 26, 2005

College Slice
There's one of Producer Ann on this site: http://www.adamdrew.com/photo.htm

In some of the older episodes, she would actually make comments but when you listen to any today, I've never heard her speak.

LETS SAVE SOME BABIES

Phlag
Nov 2, 2000

We make a special trip just for you, same low price.

Ez posted:

Has there ever been any pictures of Tara Don't Call Me Tarah Goddammnit, Chris, Engineer Michelle, Producer Anne, Jr jr jr jr jr jr jr jr jr jr jr jr producer Lauren or anyone else on the crew besides Brian and Anderson? I don't think I've ever seen any of them other than those two.

You can get a glimpse of Engineer Michelle in these clips from The Adam Carolla Project: 1, 2.
Twice in the second clip (at the beginning and toward the end), you also briefly see a young brunette girl in a green shirt - that might be Jr jr jr jr jr jr jr jr JUNIOR producer Lauren?

Sir Liquid Jerk
Aug 10, 2002
I have Ham Armor +5!

IceLicker posted:

In some of the older episodes, she would actually make comments but when you listen to any today, I've never heard her speak.

Probably because she was super annoying and condescending when she spoke.

She would also do stupid poo poo like tell a caller calling in to talk about how he lets his dog gently caress him to hang up. What sort of stupid loving producer would try to prematurely end such an awesome call?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cricket eater joe
Nov 11, 2005

by Ozmaugh
I may have been listening to too much loveline lately. I went camping with some buddies last weekend and there was a bachelorette party camping a short ways down from us.

The first night we went to the bachelorette campsite and drank for awhile and I somehow ended up in an argument with the bachelorette about religion. She was a hardcore creationist and was infuriated that I believed in dinosaurs and evolution, and kept screaming "how come monkeys can't talk if evolution is true!" Finally the park ranger came by to shut us down and as she's walking away I had to throw in "Please, once you're married . . . don't get pregnant." When she turned around to ask why I could only respond "because you're too stupid for babies."

The second night we ended up back at their campsite and I ended up sitting down with another girl who just absolutely hated me for some reason. She bitched and yelled at me for some time calling me an rear end in a top hat and immature etc . . . until I had finally had enough. The conversation then went like this.

me: You're a very angry person . . . you don't like me because I'm an rear end in a top hat right?
her: Yes.
me: and you have a kid right? (complete guess)
me: daughter?
me: and the father is out the picture, and was a complete rear end in a top hat too right?
me: and your dad, pretty much an rear end in a top hat too right? Alot like me and the rear end in a top hat ex?
me: That's really a shame. It's a bigger shame that you're going to mess up your daughter so badly that she grows up and gets involved with a bunch of assholes just like you did and ends up screwed up, pregnant from some rear end in a top hat, and angry just like you.
her: (Raging) GTFO you rear end in a top hat! I'll kick your loving rear end!

At that point my friends grabbed me and we made a hasty departure for greener pastures down the road.

• Locked thread