Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
So I'm trying to find a game that hasn't come out yet. It's a storybased zombie survival shooter. There was like a 10-30 minute gameplay video. Gameplay consisted of parkour travel over done 3Rd world looking houses and huts to evade zombies, day and night zombie activity cycles, environmental traps.

This is about all I can remember.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

SlayVus posted:

So I'm trying to find a game that hasn't come out yet. It's a storybased zombie survival shooter. There was like a 10-30 minute gameplay video. Gameplay consisted of parkour travel over done 3Rd world looking houses and huts to evade zombies, day and night zombie activity cycles, environmental traps.

This is about all I can remember.

Dying Light

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Hakkesshu posted:

Dying Light

Thank you, that was it.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

.TakaM posted:

Here's a tough one; It's a platformer, pretty sure it was on Genesis but it could be SNES, I think it might have been a Disney game too.
All I have to remember it by is that it had a really cool lighting effect in at least one level where it had two circle light sources over the player, one would light up the background tiles, and the other would light up the floor and I think it would even bend to match the floor.

If anyone remembers this game, I promise I'll think you're awesome

Maui Mallard in Cold Shadow

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

Pneub posted:

Not quite the same thing you're describing, but maybe Donkey Kong Country 2?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPaNj8o6dlw&t=1m
Thanks but yeah, it wasn't DKC2 I was thinking of
Thank you, you are awesome! I actually skimmed through a playthrough of the Genesis version and it looks like that level is only on the SNES version of the game
thanks again

Convicted Bibliophile
Dec 2, 2004

I am the night.
The game I'm looking for was an edutainment game from the UK (late 80s early 90s). From what I remember the screen is made up of houses/shops and streets (top down). You have to move between the shops buying and selling commodities and try to make as much money as possible before getting to the end.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
A game for the N.E.S. It was a platformer. Set in some sort of modern or futuristic setting. I think there was a part where you can walk on the ceilings. You had a gun I think. If I recall there was some sorta space and cave level to it.

It isn't Bucky o'hare or megaman. I think it was one of those NES games no one has ever heard of, which is also prob why I also forgot about it for the most part.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
:siren:

Gortarius posted:

A game for the N.E.S. It was a platformer. Set in some sort of modern or futuristic setting. I think there was a part where you can walk on the ceilings. You had a gun I think. If I recall there was some sorta space and cave level to it.

It isn't Bucky o'hare or megaman. I think it was one of those NES games no one has ever heard of, which is also prob why I also forgot about it for the most part.

The Adventures of Rad Gravity?

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Cheez posted:

The Adventures of Rad Gravity?

Hmmmmmmmm..... yeah I think this is it. Thanks bud.

No Gravitas
Jun 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
2D RTS, set in something like ancient greece?

Very heavy emphasis on navies. Fish and maybe amber? were harvestable resources.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

No Gravitas posted:

2D RTS, set in something like ancient greece?

Very heavy emphasis on navies. Fish and maybe amber? were harvestable resources.

Ancient Conquest: The Golden Fleece

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Gortarius posted:

If it's not those, try Metal Storm. It comes up a lot in the thread as "Walking on the ceiling" is about the only thing particularly memorable about it after decades, and it has a very generic name and isn't part of any larger series or IP.

dumby
Oct 25, 2007
Played sometime between 96-2000, dos game, isometric. Shooting aliens(?) and clearing out an office building with destructable walls, computers, etc. Like a weird combination of syndicate and xcom, but I think you controlled a single character, and it was turn based. I remember it being really blue?

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Was it D/Generation? Not turn based but was a puzzle game.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Sage Grimm posted:

Was it D/Generation? Not turn based but was a puzzle game.

Oh lord, I played this as a kid. It was some halfway creepy poo poo for it's day when you were a little kid. :saddowns:

No Gravitas
Jun 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Hakkesshu posted:

Ancient Conquest: The Golden Fleece

Yes!

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

dumby posted:

Played sometime between 96-2000, dos game, isometric. Shooting aliens(?) and clearing out an office building with destructable walls, computers, etc. Like a weird combination of syndicate and xcom, but I think you controlled a single character, and it was turn based. I remember it being really blue?

Might be Gender Wars. It's not turn based but you only really control/upgrade your one dude and due to the two faction's colors the out of level screens are all either extremely red or extremely blue.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKjCqSRW9N4

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Well I think I have a major puzzler in this one. I was thinking about other games I played as a kid and this one I played twice at my dad's friend's house, probably in the late 80's. Maybe early 90's. Anyway, it was a while ago. I have yet to see this game ever again nor heard about anything that resembled it. Anyway, what I remember is that it was more or less an interactive movie with actual actors which, considering the time, was actually quite impressive. This was before CDs really took off and everything was still on floppies. Anyway, the main character was a young woman that I'm pretty sure was named Kat (or Cat maybe, I forget how it was spelled and it may have just been something similar) and the schtick was that you had nine of her lives to get through the game. You didn't actually play her but you directed her around this weird facility that was run by a madman that looked like a crazed dictator. Pretty sure he even wore a big, red commissar hat. He referred to people as "blood oranges" and you would find journal entries he wrote to try to figure out what was up and how to stop the dude. The only scene I actually remember was Kat had gotten gassed and it irritated her eyes so bad that she couldn't see. However, she was being pursued and was trying to get poo poo done fast as possible so you had to guide her across catwalks that were not in good repair.

How you interacted with her was clicking on buttons that were of varying availability based on the situation. I'm pretty sure they were mostly limited to directional arrows, yes, no, and maybe a few others. Google has failed me but the game is obscure as hell.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Well I think I have a major puzzler in this one. I was thinking about other games I played as a kid and this one I played twice at my dad's friend's house, probably in the late 80's. Maybe early 90's. Anyway, it was a while ago. I have yet to see this game ever again nor heard about anything that resembled it. Anyway, what I remember is that it was more or less an interactive movie with actual actors which, considering the time, was actually quite impressive. This was before CDs really took off and everything was still on floppies. Anyway, the main character was a young woman that I'm pretty sure was named Kat (or Cat maybe, I forget how it was spelled and it may have just been something similar) and the schtick was that you had nine of her lives to get through the game. You didn't actually play her but you directed her around this weird facility that was run by a madman that looked like a crazed dictator. Pretty sure he even wore a big, red commissar hat. He referred to people as "blood oranges" and you would find journal entries he wrote to try to figure out what was up and how to stop the dude. The only scene I actually remember was Kat had gotten gassed and it irritated her eyes so bad that she couldn't see. However, she was being pursued and was trying to get poo poo done fast as possible so you had to guide her across catwalks that were not in good repair.

How you interacted with her was clicking on buttons that were of varying availability based on the situation. I'm pretty sure they were mostly limited to directional arrows, yes, no, and maybe a few others. Google has failed me but the game is obscure as hell.

I just read this article about the same game earlier today. :psyduck:

It's Critical Path.

http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/kusoge/kusoge11.htm

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Rollersnake posted:

I just read this article about the same game earlier today. :psyduck:

It's Critical Path.

http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/kusoge/kusoge11.htm

Holy poo poo that's exactly it. Killer! I kind of want to play it again. I remember it being just plain bizarre.

Probottt
Dec 15, 2013
Looking for a really old game where you roam around in a jeep in an overhead Ultima 1 style view, but you can exit the jeep, where the game switches to a first person view. I remember playing it in elementary school on an ancient (maybe DOS-style?) computer.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I remember an underwater game for the Sega Genesis. You had an overworld submarine that went around the world to do missions which let you pick from like.. 6 submarines? Including a rescue dolphin and unarmed probe. It had a sidescrolling view from that perspective.

Also, I thought of it trying to remember another submarine game: It was an RTS. One of the three factions were aliens ,I think the other two were humans. I distinctly recall the line "AS YOU KNOW, OUR MILLITARY IS SMALL" from the opening sequence.

This one always bugged me because I kept confusing it's name with PK out of the Shadow or whatever that other Darkwing Duck Disney game was called.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Anatharon posted:

I remember an underwater game for the Sega Genesis. You had an overworld submarine that went around the world to do missions which let you pick from like.. 6 submarines? Including a rescue dolphin and unarmed probe. It had a sidescrolling view from that perspective.

Googled "sega genesis submarine dolphin" and it was the second result:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SeaQuest_DSV_(video_game)

This it?

ChrisXP
Nov 25, 2004

"In football, time and space are the same thing."

dumby posted:

Its not turn based, but Crusader: No Remorse and the sequel often come up in these kinda threads, could it be that?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdd9o9YpNB0

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
A 90's turn-based civ-like game for pc, 2d top-down view, medieval themed. There was a gimmick where you could send personal letters (as in write whatever words you want) to other factions either insulting them or asking to join forces. I don't think it actually mattered, but I never got far enough to test if anyone responded to keywords or somesuch. I recall the first (or second?) level had a baron that, if you insulted him, would respond with something about a strutting cock and calling for the butcher.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Freakazoid_ posted:

A 90's turn-based civ-like game for pc, 2d top-down view, medieval themed. There was a gimmick where you could send personal letters (as in write whatever words you want) to other factions either insulting them or asking to join forces. I don't think it actually mattered, but I never got far enough to test if anyone responded to keywords or somesuch. I recall the first (or second?) level had a baron that, if you insulted him, would respond with something about a strutting cock and calling for the butcher.

Maybe one of the Lords of the Realm games? Might have been the second.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Mehuyael posted:

Maybe one of the Lords of the Realm games? Might have been the second.

That's what it sounds like. The only thing they responded to was the "Tone" of the message which is a pulldown menu, so if you chose flatter you could still call them a goat sucker or something and they'd thank you for it. LotR had a England map and a Germany map. I didn't play 2 but the first one had the messages you could write what you wanted in. Pretty fun if very simplistic game.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Some game I had on Windows 99 OS (back in 2001, I think) where you controlled a blonde-haired guy. It was 2D top-down, where you picked up new power-ups to evade hazards like ice and fire on the floor of the level. I think all of the power-ups were shoes or something. Wish I could provide more, but I was only about 5 or 6 when I played it last.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

UltraVariant posted:

Some game I had on Windows 99 OS (back in 2001, I think) where you controlled a blonde-haired guy. It was 2D top-down, where you picked up new power-ups to evade hazards like ice and fire on the floor of the level. I think all of the power-ups were shoes or something. Wish I could provide more, but I was only about 5 or 6 when I played it last.
Chip's Challenge?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Pablo Gigante posted:

Chip's Challenge?
Yes, thank you very much. I remember playing the poo poo out of it.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
We really need to get an OP with Chip's Challenge, Castle of the Winds, Scorched Earth, Odell Down Under, and a few other commonly asked games along with screenshots.

Would save some trouble.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Zaphod42 posted:

We really need to get an OP with Chip's Challenge, Castle of the Winds, Scorched Earth, Odell Down Under, and a few other commonly asked games along with screenshots.

Would save some trouble.

Island of Dr Quandary as well, most people aren't sure if they played that one or if it was a hazy weird nightmare

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

UltraVariant posted:

Yes, thank you very much. I remember playing the poo poo out of it.

You might want to look into Chuck's Challenge then. I haven't played it, but it's apparently a game kickstarted by the guy who made the original Chip's Challenge (which I did play a ton as a kid).

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

e: whoops, someone already found what I quoted for someone, nevermind

Also!

I've tried to Google this one a bunch but could never figure it out. I'm almost certain it was a puzzle-ish PC game of some sort, and I played it probably about 4-8 years ago, but I have no clue when it came out. What I do remember is that it was very Egyptian (I want to say your character was the son of a pharoh?...) and game play was gridbased if I remember right, and you had to... find something? Or accomplish certain tasks, within certain turn limits... there is a whole lot I don't remember, but I know I'd remember it in a second if I actually saw it.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

C7ty1 posted:

I've tried to Google this one a bunch but could never figure it out. I'm almost certain it was a puzzle-ish PC game of some sort, and I played it probably about 4-8 years ago, but I have no clue when it came out. What I do remember is that it was very Egyptian (I want to say your character was the son of a pharoh?...) and game play was gridbased if I remember right, and you had to... find something? Or accomplish certain tasks, within certain turn limits... there is a whole lot I don't remember, but I know I'd remember it in a second if I actually saw it.
Oasis?

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Yes! That'd be it, thank you!

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Chinook posted:

Googled "sega genesis submarine dolphin" and it was the second result:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SeaQuest_DSV_(video_game)

This it?

I think so.

The other game was called Submarine Titans; I actually found the disc because apparently I still have it. :v:

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...
Edutainment game my school's computer lab had in grade school in the late 90s. There was a reef, comprising nine screens in a tic-tac-toe arrangement. The player could play as different kinds of fish, and ate things to score points. There was also a custom-fish-builder (really) that had a sort of RPG point buy for fish stats and special powers like electric eel shocks.

I remember that, if you didn't put any points into anything, you got a fish that could eat coral, which was great because you couldn't run out and it never moved. So I had the high score by endlessly clicking the coral. Which in retrospect is really depressing.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

ZorajitZorajit posted:

Edutainment game my school's computer lab had in grade school in the late 90s. There was a reef, comprising nine screens in a tic-tac-toe arrangement. The player could play as different kinds of fish, and ate things to score points. There was also a custom-fish-builder (really) that had a sort of RPG point buy for fish stats and special powers like electric eel shocks.

I remember that, if you didn't put any points into anything, you got a fish that could eat coral, which was great because you couldn't run out and it never moved. So I had the high score by endlessly clicking the coral. Which in retrospect is really depressing.
Odell Down Under maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...

That's the one! Sorry, "Point-Buy Fish" just wasn't getting me anywhere. Thank you kindly.