Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

For those outside London who are fortunate enough not to be familiar with him.

Nick Ferrari is a horrible, reactionary, rightwing rear end in a top hat. He is a columnist for the Daily Express and has exactly the terrible views you would expect of someone like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost

Random Integer posted:

I think this is pretty demonstrative of why Corbyns "strategic ambiguity" was absolutely necessary.

The moment he takes a strong position on it the media narrative would immediately switch to being about Corbyn rather than about Brexit. I can practically see the thoughtful Guardian opeds (Did Corbyn fatally undermine Brexit?) and fair-and-balanced Sun headlines (TRAITOR CORBYN STEALS BREXIT). It would be "Broon spent all the poonds" all over again.

Brexit has to be undeniable shitshow in its own right for there to be any chance of turning it around. I genuinely dont think the Tories would be imploding like this if Labour were vocally anti-Brexit cos theyd have someone to blame besides each other.

This is a good post and I agree completely. It seems to me that Labour's Brexit strategy has been just right for them

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

smiling giraffe posted:

this is so much fun, i don't know why we don't just vote on brexit every year

you will

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
I was at work all day and quit checking the app when there were over 100 unread posts so to see the meltdown happen in sort of real time was fun. Plus I got repeatedly berated by someone at *A BERKSHIRE COUNCIL* for their shoddy network topology and didn't really like my "I'm literally here to fix this printer, if your network's slow, talk to IT" answer that I gave her the half dozen times she moaned at me. Course, I could have said they shouldn't have outsourced their IT for "efficiency savings" but alas, I only use that answer when I'm in a DWP building

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

jaete posted:

My favourite bit from today is the one or two times when May warned that "if you defy my will, there may be... NO BREXIT AT ALL"

Why shiver me willikers, what a threat. Rightly my soul is shaking in terror and slivers of coldylumps form on the forehead :monocle:

(ok I'm not quite fluent enough yet in British to pull that off, doing my best here ok)

Coldylumps is a good word, congratulations

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

communism bitch posted:

I'm considering it.

We genocided 3/4 of the globe to have access to spices and we still as a nation eat globs of fat stuck to bland fish. We have Kebab shops on every corner, Chinese food both Americanised and authentic, beautiful Indian food and if you live in a city you have access to food from everywhere else on the planet but you insist on this flavourless nonsense?

Chippy food is the food of white nationalists, give me Pakora or give me Death.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Meanwhile in America...

https://twitter.com/ACLU/status/1063181309063905280

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

Gonzo McFee posted:

We genocided 3/4 of the globe to have access to spices and we still as a nation eat globs of fat stuck to bland fish. We have Kebab shops on every corner, Chinese food both Americanised and authentic, beautiful Indian food and if you live in a city you have access to food from everywhere else on the planet but you insist on this flavourless nonsense?

Shut the gently caress up. Fish and chips is loving great.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Trin Tragula posted:

So apparently in the middle of all this shitshow, nobody noticed the Manchester Momentum Twitter directly adopting Donald Trump's fascist rhetoric?

https://twitter.com/McrMomentum/status/1063010166289940481

Are they just going to get away with this and everything's going to be chill?

Uh, what?

"Look them up" is extremely good advice if you ever see a tory doing anything you agree with, because you do that and then you find out they voted consistently for the worst things their entire career and whatever affectations of basic human decency they may adopt are clearly lies.

E: Oh that says "LOCK" not look.

Locking her up is the obvious conclusion you reach if you look her up.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Nov 15, 2018

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

BoneMonkey posted:

Shut the gently caress up. Fish and chips is loving great.

Fight me in a car park

https://twitter.com/bbcquestiontime/status/1063104255341543424

lol at Kinnock getting bumped.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
i mean in trin's defense, it is pretty hosed up to adopt trumpian language even though we all do it all the loving time. it's incredibly difficult not to even - i think we've had a few "fake news!" on this page even. it's like he's just so ridiculous you parody him without even consciously trying to.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Talking down fish and chips smh

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

Gonzo McFee posted:

Fight me in a car park

I'll see you after school motherfucker.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Next you'll be telling me you put something else but brown sauce on your bacon sandwichs.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
and in gonzo's defence he's scottish, it's understandable he holds a resentment towards chippys what with them cutting down so many of his compatriots :v:

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

To be fair I put sriracha on my bacon sandwiches. (not that I eat them anymore because I watch a doc about pig farming and it made me sad.)

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

jaete posted:

My favourite bit from today is the one or two times when May warned that "if you defy my will, there may be... NO BREXIT AT ALL"

Why shiver me willikers, what a threat. Rightly my soul is shaking in terror and slivers of coldylumps form on the forehead :monocle:

(ok I'm not quite fluent enough yet in British to pull that off, doing my best here ok)

None of this is real British but the tone and feel is spot - on

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

communism bitch posted:

Emily Thornberry, Shadow Foreign Secretary. Seems to be cheerfully shitfaced every time she's on the telly.

Seems like drinking problems drastically improve almost anyone's politics, worked for charlie kennedy.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

The humble battered sausage, the mysterious pastie

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

Seems like drinking problems drastically improve almost anyone's politics, worked for charlie kennedy.

Churchill though

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

kustomkarkommando posted:

Churchill though

on the contrary it eventually killed him

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Next you'll be telling me you put something else but brown sauce on your bacon sandwichs.

I don't even like bacon. Square Sausage and a tattie scone with a mix of brown and hot sauce for me.

https://twitter.com/ejhchess/status/1063183325534318592

Just yer presenter of Newsnight retweeting the guy who was hounded off twitter for being sexually aggressive to women about how George W Bush Theresa May will be remembered kindly in history.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

WhatEvil posted:

So I went to Subway for my dinner earlier because my wife is out this evening and gently caress it.

Paid with a £20 note and the girl on the till was looking at it funny, I could see as she was holding it up, the light shining through it and could see some writing but not what it said. I said "Oh is there some writing on it?", she said, "Yeah, it says Hitler", "... what? Really?".

Yup.

Hitler written across the queen's forehead in purple pen, and #WhiteGenocide above that.

I was like "Wow, that's extremely not cool". Luckily it was just me and the two girls working there at the time or I might have got some funny looks but they were pretty cool about it and we had a bit of a laugh about how crazy it was.

Funnily, defacing currency to spread a political message actually has quite a long and proud tradition. Shame about that instance of it though.

Churchill though

How do you know he wouldn't have been worse if he wasn't shitfaced?

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Gonzo McFee posted:

It's quite easy to make indian food, chinese, and even kebabs with a completely normal oven + hob without any extra gear beyond a couple of pans. Going out for a chippy is totally understandable since most people don't have the deep fat friers required to poach fish inside batter.

The oceans are dying so I try not to eat fish too often, but once a fortnight is forgivable and justifiable by a nice fish and chips being nice.

Saith
Oct 10, 2010

Asahina...
Regular Penguins look just the same!

Trin Tragula posted:

So apparently in the middle of all this shitshow, nobody noticed the Manchester Momentum Twitter directly adopting Donald Trump's fascist rhetoric?

https://twitter.com/McrMomentum/status/1063010166289940481

Are they just going to get away with this and everything's going to be chill?

gently caress off with this poo poo. Lock her up, implanta key inside her, put on a death-timer. Proper loving Saw poo poo dude. Make sure the lock breaks when she tries the doorhandle. Stream it live on Twitch. It'd be loving awesome dude! She deserves a lot worse.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

OwlFancier posted:

Didn't help George Brown much.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Obviously the solution is to deep fry lumps of doner and then serve them in sweet and sour sauce.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

WhatEvil posted:

So I went to Subway for my dinner earlier because my wife is out this evening and gently caress it.

Paid with a £20 note and the girl on the till was looking at it funny, I could see as she was holding it up, the light shining through it and could see some writing but not what it said. I said "Oh is there some writing on it?", she said, "Yeah, it says Hitler", "... what? Really?".

Yup.

Hitler written across the queen's forehead in purple pen, and #WhiteGenocide above that.

I was like "Wow, that's extremely not cool". Luckily it was just me and the two girls working there at the time or I might have got some funny looks but they were pretty cool about it and we had a bit of a laugh about how crazy it was.

Is people writing poo poo on notes so rare in this country that people actually pay attention to what's written?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Pochoclo posted:

Is people writing poo poo on notes so rare in this country that people actually pay attention to what's written?

Writing stuff other than numbers when you're counting them is kind of rare yes.

Hitler comes up surprisingly infrequently.

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

jaete posted:

She brought up no deal to scare the remainers and no brexit to scare the leavers, not understanding that talk of no deal will encourage the leavers to rebel and talk of no brexit will do the same for remainers

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

OwlFancier posted:

Counterpoint: Yeltsin.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
None of you Chippy boys could even stomach a full Pizza Crunch Supper.

jBrereton posted:

It's quite easy to make indian food, chinese, and even kebabs with a completely normal oven + hob without any extra gear beyond a couple of pans. Going out for a chippy is totally understandable since most people don't have the deep fat friers required to poach fish inside batter.

The oceans are dying so I try not to eat fish too often, but once a fortnight is forgivable and justifiable by a nice fish and chips being nice.

The fact that we need a bath of fat to cook these things is evidence to me that they should not exist.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

Obviously the solution is to deep fry lumps of doner and then serve them in sweet and sour sauce.

I assure you this is available at a chip shop somewhere

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

OwlFancier posted:

Wrapped in a naan bread and if we're feeling spicy, all that but with cheese on top like a quesadilla.

Pochoclo posted:

It is of course illegal under the provisions of the Currency & Banknotes Act 1928 as well as being for schizophrenics.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

I assure you this is available at a chip shop somewhere

scotland, its always scotland

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Gonzo McFee posted:

Chickens come from South East Asia, potatoes come from the Americas, basket weaving comes from Persia, pressed paper comes from China, modern deep oil frying comes from Arabia.

Fat saturated chicken and chips wrapped in paper in a lovely basket is a global meal.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

jBrereton posted:

Wrapped in a naan bread and if we're feeling spicy, all that but with cheese on top like a quesadilla.

I feel like you're all just describing a munchie box.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Gonzo McFee posted:

None of you Chippy boys could even stomach a full Pizza Crunch Supper.

That's some big talk. You bring me a pizza crunch supper right now and I will show you how the magic happens.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Soooo do we have any Cambridge goons these days since Jakiri hasn't been around in yonks?

Because :yotj: guess who just got a job offer :yotj:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

^^ Yeaaa congrats!!

Firos posted:

It is my birthday today so I am getting a burger and chips from a chip shop and watching this government burn to the ground :munch:
It's my birthday tomorrow! :cheers: I am going to see a gig in Manchester and hoping for a surprise SNAP ELECTION present