Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

DLC Inc posted:

X-Pac's an extremely chill and cool guy, probably the most level-headed Kliq member. Nash is pretty smart though still maybe dumb on some things but together they're probably more honest than the others.

Hall, when he's clean, seems like he's a decent guy at this point. Horny, sure. But decent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

coconono posted:

the best part is they do all this dumb poo poo and still can't crack a 3.0 on monday nights.

I hope fox is happy with a 2.4 because this poo poo isn't going to get any better lol

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

So apparently some wrestler no one's heard of is real salty that Marko Stunt was signed to AEW and he wasn't:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Warrior recognized him as a fellow rear end in a top hat

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Gunner was a regular on Nova Pro shows. Decent hoss dude but there's 20 more guys that look exactly like him that are smart enough to keep their mouths shut. He will not be missed.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I enjoy the idea that his exposure to Warrior was from Nitro and Raw and he thought that dude was just the greatest

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I never saw Warrior during his heydey and then saw him when he returned to WWF and did his WCW stint. And all I could think was "man, fans used to be stupid as poo poo if they liked this guy."

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/NickJacksonYB/status/1156635790736146432?s=20

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

STAC Goat posted:

I never saw Warrior during his heydey and then saw him when he returned to WWF and did his WCW stint. And all I could think was "man, fans used to be stupid as poo poo if they liked this guy."

his saturday morning promos were my first exposure to LSD. It was great. Couldn't wrestle a broomstick without running out of air tho.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Does this gunner dilweed think that people who are under 5'10" don't work hard and don't deserve to be athletes? Does he think working harder makes you taller???

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Doesn’t Marko have a loving brutal schedule? He was on some Observer show and he talked about the insane dates he was doing. Sounds like he earned his dues to me but I guess if he worked as hard as Gunner how come he’s short?

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

TriffTshngo posted:

Does this gunner dilweed think that people who are under 5'10" don't work hard and don't deserve to be athletes? Does he think working harder makes you taller???

Yes, he was frozen in the 80s unthawed in the 2010s and is now confused at what wrestling is.

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
Was Marko/PCO working much before Janella showcased them?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

The Croc posted:

Yes, he was frozen in the 80s unthawed in the 2010s and is now confused at what wrestling is.

Dear journal: the adjustment is harder than I anticipated. I was prepared for the lasers and walking phones, but not being allowed to consume smaller men as snacks? Reagan’s ghost shrieks at me, caught between worlds

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

Same. I was hyped up when WCW was building up his appearance and then he cut that 20+ minute promo. Ooooff.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TheCool69 posted:

Marko's had 22 matches in these last 4 months according to Cagematch https://www.cagematch.net/?id=2&nr=20148&page=20 79 matches in the previous 4 years

PCO was slightly more active in 2018 before the Janela/GCW stuff https://www.cagematch.net/?id=2&nr=97&page=20 But it was almost entirely small Canadian indy type stuff, and this 2 year period is already the most active he's been in a decade

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

TheCool69 posted:

Yeah he ran a lot of the 250 and under midwest indie crowds. He was already building a good rep before Joey got a hold of him.

Here's Marko's cagematch
https://www.cagematch.net/?id=2&nr=20148&page=4&s=0

and for a laugh, Gunner's
https://www.cagematch.net/?id=2&nr=17502&page=4&s=0

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
Yeah Marko had paid his dues and then some. I felt awful for him when he broke his leg right as he was white hot. His comeback at Spring Break was pretty epic.

It is crazy to think that Joey Jenella is probably the best finder of new talent in the last decade+.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

coconono posted:

Yeah he ran a lot of the 250 and under midwest indie crowds. He was already building a good rep before Joey got a hold of him.

Here's Marko's cagematch
https://www.cagematch.net/?id=2&nr=20148&page=4&s=0

and for a laugh, Gunner's
https://www.cagematch.net/?id=2&nr=17502&page=4&s=0

https://twitter.com/BLPMikey/status/1156557114929758208

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

for once, Mikey and I agree on something

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

finally a twitter pile on I can get behind

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i dont care for marko stunt and the aew roster seems really weak to me especially their women division but that was a poo poo thit and one of the most legit who the gently caress is that guy i have ever had

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

DoctorGonzo posted:

i dont care for marko stunt and the aew roster seems really weak to me especially their women division but that was a poo poo thit and one of the most legit who the gently caress is that guy i have ever had
He's another one of those guys Southern indie fans tried to push as The Next Big Thing a few years ago. Which means he's as mediocre as everyone else they go nuts for because they're friends with them.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Big Bidness posted:

He's another one of those guys Southern indie fans tried to push as The Next Big Thing a few years ago. Which means he's as mediocre as everyone else they go nuts for because they're friends with them.

who are you talking about stunt or the other dude?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Djarum posted:

Yeah Marko had paid his dues and then some. I felt awful for him when he broke his leg right as he was white hot. His comeback at Spring Break was pretty epic.

It is crazy to think that Joey Jenella is probably the best finder of new talent in the last decade+.

It’s pretty much Janella and Super Dragon at this point.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

janela is not really the gcw booker

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

DoctorGonzo posted:

who are you talking about stunt or the other dude?

Gunner. Marko is friends with all those dudes, but he doesn't stink.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
everybody loves Marko, nice job never getting a booking again

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Davros1 posted:

So apparently some wrestler no one's heard of is real salty that Marko Stunt was signed to AEW and he wasn't:

Well this is certainly the way to guarantee your future success in professional wrestling!

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

Well this is certainly the way to guarantee your future success in professional wrestling!

Gunner Miller is like the 3rd best Gunner in wrestling behind TNA Gunner and Gunner Scott.

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

"it's a work! it's a work!!" i continue to insist as i slowly shrink and transform into

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
up until now i thought all the Gunners were the same wrestler

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010

Davros1 posted:

A lot of wrestlers are wrestling for a lot longer than five years before getting signed by a bigger company. This is a weird way to shoot yourself in the foot around the time you'd actually start building some buzz for yourself.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

DM Punk posted:

Gunner Miller is like the 3rd best Gunner in wrestling behind TNA Gunner and Gunner Scott.

Whatever happened to Brent Albright anyway?

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Gaz-L posted:

Whatever happened to Brent Albright anyway?

Looks like he retired about 10 years ago.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i can't take marko stunt seriously. he looks like a 12 year old with progeria or something.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Mulaney Power Move posted:

i can't take marko stunt seriously. he looks like a 12 year old with progeria or something.

Yeah he rules.

He gets tossed around and catches people off guard by flipping around. He’s going to be a lot of fun.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
My only problem with Marko Stunt is that I watched him roll up Tim Donst and it looked super not good.

Explosions
Apr 20, 2015

I mean yeah, but that's why he's mostly a comedy act, while dude tweeting is a very serious tough guy hoss and also like 5'9.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I don't understand why Marko Stunt is a good get but I also didn't understand why Jungle Boy, Luchasaurus and many others were good signings until I saw what they had to offer - so I look forward to seeing what Marko can do.