Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

Doggles posted:

Before I even watched the video I knew exactly what clip you were talking about.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MY_Ady_Gil

A boat built to break the record for circumnavigating the globe in a powerboat. It was donated or sold to anti-whaling group Sea Shepherd.

There's footage of the collision from multiple angles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMEXPTHNCGw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11wraVvzeRY

this boat was doomed from the start, it had already been involved in a collision before being re-purposed by the Sea Shepherd group

wiki posted:

The first attempt at the global circumnavigation record in 2007 was ill-fated. The boat encountered mechanical problems on several occasions, and collided with a Guatemalan fishing boat, killing one of the other boat's crew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

corn bin broke.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Lime Tonics posted:

corn bin broke.

Amaizing

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Lime Tonics posted:

corn bin broke.

I was trying to figure out which one was the one that ruptured, and then I realised it didn't just break open - it suffered critical existence failure, and you can see its pieces lying around the place.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

You could say it popped.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Hihohe posted:

Amaizing

:golfclap:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Lime Tonics posted:

corn bin broke.

This is like in Factorio when the player picks up a chest but it’s full and so is their inventory so the game dutifully tiles the surrounding area with its contents.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

It was an experimental vessel that was later bought by the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society. It sank after that collision.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MY_Ady_Gil

For maximum shadenfreude I hope this hit and killed a whale while it was sinking to the bottom of the sea.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Lime Tonics posted:

corn bin broke.

cause of death: corn avalanche

at least it wasn't molasses.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Lime Tonics posted:

corn bin broke.

I can only wonder: how many poops could that corn fill up? Assuming 10 kernels per log, that's a lot of poop.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
An oil tanker then crashed into the corn pile and exploded, followed minutes later by a freak dirigible crash that was owned by the dairy industry on their Butter is Better campaign.

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

Lime Tonics posted:

corn bin broke.

Quick, someone hack a laser satellite!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Truly a Feast for Crows.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Enough with the corny puns

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

dialhforhero posted:

Enough with the corny puns

Aw, shucks.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

I just hope there aren't any copycats of the corn incident. You know the saying, husker see, husker dü.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

uber_stoat posted:

cause of death: corn avalanche

at least it wasn't molasses.

Drowning in grain is no joke!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhIq87HPkT0

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

This happens around here yearly. Multiple times actually. Bins hold millions of bushels of stuff. One bin.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
more like has bin

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Burt Sexual posted:

This happens around here yearly. Multiple times actually. Bins hold millions of bushels of stuff. One bin.

What's the term for when a bin is full? Bin Laden. :rimshot:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

What's the term for when a bin is full? Bin Laden. :rimshot:

This pun ought to be buried at sea immediately.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8I1ImzoXvU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Lol at farmers buying all that lifeline equipment. Govt regulations screw my profits.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

"come quickly my friends! I've found the portal to the wheat dimension!"

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

i was going to ask why grain bins don't have anchor points for a harness but according to that video they do so welp

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

i was going to ask why grain bins don't have anchor points for a harness but according to that video they do so welp

Not wearing the safety harness is a matter of machismo, especially for teenagers working the silos a summer job.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Picnic Princess posted:

I've been in many, many situations and same. Just chipping and hairline fractures. One chip came out once 8 months after the injury. It was partially dissolved and had the consistency of plaster of Paris.

Not even that. I just dislocate and/or tear muscles to relieve the structural strain.

Burt Sexual posted:

Poor genes itt.

I have a cousin who agrees with me. "Our family doesn't have a gene pool, we have a cesspool."

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

uber_stoat posted:

"come quickly my friends! I've found the portal to the wheat dimension!"

I like how some of them are totally 'do not want' and fly away and some of the dumb assholes just jump right in like they're tired of existence and want to go out this particular way. It's amazing to watch. I feel bad for the poor bastards who are on the other end watching churned feathers and ex-bird flying out.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

I like how some of them are totally 'do not want' and fly away and some of the dumb assholes just jump right in like they're tired of existence and want to go out this particular way. It's amazing to watch. I feel bad for the poor bastards who are on the other end watching churned feathers and ex-bird flying out.

On the other hand, the factory gets to sell that "squab-flavored bread, now fortified with extra vitamins and minerals" to the populace.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

A couple of farm kids here died in a grain silo and the government was like "hmm maybe farm kids shouldn't work in grain silos" and half the province freaked out because being a farm kid is good and builds work ethic and character! Also a lot of farms would lose free labour but shhh that's not what it's really about.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Picnic Princess posted:

I've been in many, many situations and same. Just chipping and hairline fractures. One chip came out once 8 months after the injury. It was partially dissolved and had the consistency of plaster of Paris.
Came out like, worked its way out through your skin? Or do you know the consistency because it was surgically removed?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Do these people know that you don't actually have to live somewhere where your face hurts if you go outside?

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Memento posted:

Do these people know that you don't actually have to live somewhere where your face hurts if you go outside?

In my own experience, they think that's a feature.

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

Memento posted:

The only choice you actually have is what part of the year going outside causes your face to hurt.

Source: I live in South Texas.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Memento posted:

If you don't live in a cold place, then you can't boast on facebook about how you are so much smarter than people who live in places like Atlanta who "don't know how to drive in snow". You see, they get 2 inches of snow once every 10 years and all crash their cars like morons, not like smart me.
(they also are driving on summer tires and do not have snowplows or salt trucks but I am still so much smarter and a better driver)

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

canyoneer posted:

If you don't live in a cold place, then you can't boast on facebook about how you are so much smarter than people who live in places like Atlanta who "don't know how to drive in snow". You see, they get 2 inches of snow once every 10 years and all crash their cars like morons, not like smart me.
(they also are driving on summer tires and do not have snowplows or salt trucks but I am still so much smarter and a better driver)

:ssh: also a ton of the people who live in atlanta, raleigh, dallas, orlando etc. are northerners who moved south for the jobs and because they're sick of the snowy winters :ssh:

recently we got a bit of snow and a local county sheriff's office made an example of a guy who claimed to know how to drive in snow since he was from wisconsin, and soon after was having his car towed out of a ditch. the sheriff was like "we dont care where you're from, if we've closed a road it's for a good reason"

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

There's only a few narrow climate bands where you can live comfortably without horrific heat or freezing miserable winters. Otherwise you'll be paying through the nose for either AC or heat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Baronjutter posted:

There's only a few narrow climate bands where you can live comfortably without horrific heat or freezing miserable winters. Otherwise you'll be paying through the nose for either AC or heat.

I've heard England doesn't get very hot or cold, but I can never tell because they use that weird Calculon or whatever temperature scale so 12 degrees could mean warm and then 17 degrees could be the surface of the sun.