Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

SWA is a great excuse to dig out my Mantic terrain kits from my storage room and work on them more. Such great kits to fill a future table.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

Got my Priests done for the Steel Legion. The Prodigy made it to the 41st Millennium

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
Is that a dildo sword

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

goose willis posted:

Is that a dildo sword

fixed

thesurlyspringKAA
Jul 8, 2005
What's the best/easiest/cheapest way to get full face helmets or masks on regular guardsmen? I have zero interest in painting faces.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

thesurlyspringKAA posted:

What's the best/easiest/cheapest way to get full face helmets or masks on regular guardsmen? I have zero interest in painting faces.

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-NL/Elysian-Drop-Troop-Heads-with-Respirators

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-NL/Cadian-Infantry-Squad-with-Respirators-Upgrade-Pack

That's a couple options.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Got my Necron tomb world board. Testing out spacing for my display board.

Zuul the Cat fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Apr 21, 2017

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down

Pig iron miniatures have a great selection.

thesurlyspringKAA
Jul 8, 2005

Thanks, fam

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

I regard the death and mangling of a couple thousand toy soldiers as a small affair, a kind of morning dash

Yeast posted:

Got my Priests done for the Steel Legion. The Prodigy made it to the 41st Millennium

those look great. What minis are they?

Cannibal Smiley
Feb 20, 2013

Yeast posted:

Love the blend on that sword. That's some excellent work.

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.

Yeast posted:

John Lithgow ended up outliving us all, it appears.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

muggins posted:

those look great. What minis are they?

Imperial preachers. They're ordo hereticus models now I think.

Lobster God
Nov 5, 2008

Anvil industries have got loads of options!

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Cross-posting a late heresy Death Guard praetor - I hope those new plague marine sculpts come out soon!

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

ijyt posted:

Cross-posting a late heresy Death Guard praetor - I hope those new plague marine sculpts come out soon!

That's really, really cool. I love how you used the spawn bit.

Zaphod42 posted:

poo poo now you've got me tempted to paint moustaches on my guardsmen :allears:

Do it. JOIN ME, BROTHER

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Don't you hate it when you've smoked all your resin and your dude still won't get back to you so you have to resort to huffing your own gut flora

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Ugh, I am really tempted to buy a Forgeworld Ogryn just to cut it up a bit and splice GW parts onto it for my SWA Savlar Chem Dogs. Why do I hate my wallet so much.

Also, that plague marine is badass.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
In case anyone is looking for SWA terrain...

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

It's Happening etc etc etc

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

There's an absolute glut of companies making alternatives to IG models around, and practically all of them sell heads separately@

Pig Iron, as mentioned above, are good and also much cheaper than most - I used them on Cadian bodies for my IG.

FW ones are fine but are the upper end price.

Mad Robot Miniatures - excellent variety and characterful options

Anvil Industries - also really good, high-tech options and some cool aesthetics.

Either of those last 2 are pretty much the best on the market right now, IMO.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

SteelMentor posted:

YES! 9th ed WFB! Finally!

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

SteelMentor posted:

It's probably General's Handbook 2: Hand Booker.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I love Deathguard/Plague Marine fluff, but the actual models are really gross to me.

Which, I suppose, is exactly the point.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

ijyt posted:

Lord Commander Jenkem :popeye:

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

SteelMentor posted:

Can't believe they're shutting down Orks and Tyranids.

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat

SteelMentor posted:

Bit early for the annual price hike.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

panascope posted:

Can't believe they're shutting down Orks and Tyranids.

Why would this be unbelievable at all?

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

ijyt posted:

:discourse: This fellow is quite the "spicy meatball"

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Dawn of War 3 open beta, free to everybody: http://store.steampowered.com/news/28985/

Not sure how I feel about what I've seen of DoW3 but hell, for free I'll give it a try and see myself...

berzerkmonkey posted:

In case anyone is looking for SWA terrain...

Way ahead of ya: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1621774283/battle-systemstm-sci-fi-ii-terrain

TWSS
Jun 19, 2008
Hey if anybody likes Warmahordes please trade me your unused space barbies for this pile of unpainted metal https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3817944

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Dawn of War 3's open beta is this weekend. After playing two games, I can definitively say I think it sucks.

My main issue is that units just loving die left and right. There's no real feedback and if you're not watching a unit constantly, it'll just die off screen because a couple of enemies sneezed at it. This is even as space marines. Guardsmen in the previous games had more staying power than these idiots.

I can deal with base building, I can deal with elite units or heroes or whatever, and I can deal without a retreat button, but the time to kill is way too low. The game is not at all what I wanted and I'm simply disappointed. DoWI and DoWII were some of my favorites and I've been on a RTS kick lately, even digging out Tiberian Sun and Red Alert 2. This is just a boring mess.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
It's a beta. Give them constructive feedback, you dork.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

mango sentinel posted:

Hahahahahaha, right. The game releases in less than a week. This is a demo.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

mango sentinel posted:

The games out next week. It's not an actual beta.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Just picked up an Aegis Defence Line since a nearby store is liquidizing inventory and selling for 50%. There isn't any point to magnetizing these to stick together, is there?

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

How do all those fortifications work? They didn't exist back in 3rd edition. Can any army take them, even when it doesn't make sense (like Tyranids)?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Playing with greenstuff for the first time ever

very happy with the results! :yarr:

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Another update on that "undeliverable" package situation: it was first sent back to the eBay seller in Washington state, but instead of being sent to the seller, it's now right back in New York

:psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Safety Factor posted:

Hahahahahaha, right. The game releases in less than a week. This is a demo.

Little known fact: It is possible to change unit stats (like HP or defense) in an RTS after release!

goose willis posted:

How do all those fortifications work? They didn't exist back in 3rd edition. Can any army take them, even when it doesn't make sense (like Tyranids)?

You can take 1 fortification as part of the standard Combined Arms Detachment (though a "single fortification" can actually include a group of fortifications taken as a single choice). Any army can take most of them (there are some army-specific ones for Tau and Necrons), including Tyranids. With stuff like the Aegis Defense Line, the idea is that you'd model a version that are appropriate for your faction. There are some companies that make faction-specific defense lines for Tyranids/Tau/Necrons/Eldar/Dark Eldar that are pretty cool and serve this purpose. Tyranids are at a (dumb) disadvantage though in that they can't use the emplaced weapons on the fortifications, but those are typically purchased for extra points, so you could just not buy them.

• Locked thread