Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

zimbomonkey posted:

These are getting too obvious because they're actual clickbait article titles.

I find they work best for sharing with people who aren't familiar with the joke. I just shared the pit bull one with a friend who owns a pit and it went over well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

The twitter thing decided to dig up an old issue to torment me personally with
https://www.theonion.com/article/last-male-heir-to-bloodline-watches-movie-alone-on-20969
Last Male Heir To Bloodline Watches Movie Alone On Laptop

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Scientists Find Strong Link Between Male Virility, Wearing Mötley Crüe Denim Jacket

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Quiz: Will it be October?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

My head hurts a little now.

Krill Nye
Feb 25, 2010

Science rules!

Two minutes of my life gone and all I know is that it might be Thursday tomorrow.

Zweihander01
May 4, 2009

New 'Anti-Abortion Pill' Kills Mother, Leaves Fetus Alive

The best part is that it implies that the pill kills the woman no matter what.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
This Video Will Drastically Change The Way Pitbulls Think About You

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Art.

Like, more so than usual.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Whelp, time to dust this one off again:

‘No Way To Prevent This,’ Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

I'm not sure it's right to be getting my real news from the Onion thread.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

prefect posted:

I'm not sure it's right to be getting my real news from the Onion thread.

I'm pretty sure these things have stopped qualifying as 'news'.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

They put out an updated version, too http://www.theonion.com/article/no-way-prevent-says-only-nation-where-regularly-ha-51444

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

I guess this is their new plan, the same article every time, new details

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

I guess this is their new plan, the same article every time, new details

They should strikethrough the old details until it's more redacted than a CIA article.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Man Can’t Believe Obama Would Use Tragedy To Push Anti-Tragedy Agenda

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Sesame Street: 'Bert And Ernie Are Not Gay, They Are Depraved Pansexual Perverts'

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!
Woman Worried Student Loans Could Prevent Her From One Day Owning Entirely Different Kind Of Crippling Debt

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Report: Increase In Gun Sales To Be Most Concrete Result Of Obama’s Pro-Gun-Control Speech

quote:

report co-author Kyle Bieler ..... found a direct link between the estimated $58 million uptick in gun sales over the next month and Obama’s use of the phrases “common-sense legislation,” “only advanced country,” and “not enough.”

:negative:

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
I just had a thought. If Donald Trump becomes President, I think the Onion should announce that it's closing up shop because the satirical has fully become reality.

Either that, or they pretend that he's this intelligent, kind, enlightened philosopher king, who is humble in all things, and guides the country with a velvet glove.

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...

SYMPATHETIC FAMINE VICTIMS

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Can’t Go On Reddit At Work? This Man Checks It Out For You

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Takanago posted:

SYMPATHETIC FAMINE VICTIMS

I love that the Average Husband is still fat despite being a skeleton.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

It's hare brained? Not hair brained? Like, you're so dumb your head is full of hair? YOu are as dumb as a rabbit? How dumb could a rabbit be?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Krinkle posted:

It's hare brained? Not hair brained? Like, you're so dumb your head is full of hair? YOu are as dumb as a rabbit? How dumb could a rabbit be?

Usage Note: The first recorded use of harebrained dates to 1548. The spelling hairbrained also has a long history, going back to the 1500s when hair was a variant spelling of hare. The hair variant was preserved in Scotland into the 1700s, and as a result it is impossible to tell exactly when people began writing hairbrained in the belief that the word means "having a hair-sized brain" rather than "with no more sense than a hare." While hairbrained continues to be used, the standard spelling of the word is harebrained.

https://www.ahdictionary.com/word/search.html?q=harebrained

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Obama Returns From Trade Summit With 5 Stout Ships Full Of Cardamom, Silk, And Indigo

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Can anyone help me find the one that's about the roommate on the 2nd season of a netflix show giving cryptic hints to the guy only on season 1? I can't find it searching for spoilers, season, netflix, etc.

e: Thanks!

Krinkle has a new favorite as of 22:09 on Oct 5, 2015

Whiz Palace
Dec 8, 2013
Person One Season Ahead In TV Show Doling Out Counsel Like Wise Elder

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING

I thought the original post was talking about a show where the season two character goes back in time and tries to change the course of season 1 events and it is some super complicated predestined time travel show where all these hints in season 1 now suddenly take on a whole new meaning

The onion article makes a lot more sense

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Whoa, NWS that poo poo! :v:

mamelon
Oct 9, 2010

by Lowtax

Leofish posted:

because the satirical has fully become reality.

I came to this conclusion last year. The Interview had finally been "allowed" to play in US theaters and I saw a news video of a man in a theater waving a flag and singing the national anthem.

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

Kerry Downs Another Vodka Shot As The Last Of Putin’s Security Detail Passes Out

I always like The Adventures of John Kerry articles.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Awwww yeaaaah. Smoove B is back, baby.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
The Onion is vigilant to the threat of knife launchers.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Scientists Find Strong Link Between Male Virility, Wearing Mötley Crüe Denim Jacket

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

I feel like John Kerry Super Spy has been somewhat overshadowed by Diamond Joe Biden, and it's a shame because the John Kerry ones are just as good.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Take This Cognitive Behavioral Test To See If You Are A Psychopath

(pic that shows up on twitter)

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
Ask A Jostens Class-Ring Salesman

Scientists Teach Father To Communicate Emotions Using Rudimentary Hand Gestures

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Ahh haha one of my old favorites. I used to love these. Do they even do ones like this anymore?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Oh my goodness. Our principal's brother-in-law was a Josten's rep. Oddly, every senior class had to buy their robes from Josten's. Sure it was just coincidence.

Child’s Loose Grasp On Balloon Only Thing Between Peace And Anarchy At Restaurant