Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

Always searching for North.

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

I will never forget that

Oh boy, a chance to post the link again! For anyone who hasn't yet seen the haircut management thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3326946

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
That was a fun thread. :-)

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Don't have archives. RIP me.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Lmao, never saw that before. Incredible.

dik-dik
Feb 21, 2009

LODGE NORTH posted:

Don't have archives. RIP me.

worth the buy for that thread alone tbh

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
I've been using the standard iOS podcasts app forever now and I've run into a very specific kind of automatic playlist that I want to build but am not able to. I'm totally open to paying for one of the other podcast apps but I want to be sure I can make this kind of playlist as well as my usual playlists and I'm having a hard time getting confirmation of the options available within those podcast apps.

The troublesome automatic playlist is 1 podcast, with the Unplayed episodes sorted from oldest to newest limited to only the next 5 or 10. That last bit is the most important. In podcast.app I'm stuck with only being able to choose All Unplayed Episodes or some number of Recent Unplayed episodes :\ a lot of my podcast listening to going through the entire backlog of podcasts and while I can listen like this by going to the podcast's feed it's super annoying to have it attempting to download all of the past episodes because I forgot a setting or something when I subscribed.

The other playlist which I have currently set up just fine is "all of these podcasts, only the Unplayed, oldest to newest" but since I have already listened to the full backlog it really becomes "this week's video game podcasts, in order". This works fine but only because I've already listened to all of the podcasts from those feeds..

Also the app needs to be able to subscribe to account/password protected podcasts, which I think one of the really good podcast apps cannot do. Sorry to be so weirdly specific (but this is better than haircuts right????). If no app actually does this I would be surprised but fine with that. Thanks goons.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!
iCatcher is the best podcast app and the rest aren't even close. You can do all that poo poo in iCatcher.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
Can iCatcher have files synced to it?

Want to ditch Podcasts.app.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!

~Coxy posted:

Can iCatcher have files synced to it?

Want to ditch Podcasts.app.

I've never used it, but in the app it says you can import media via iTunes, 3rd party apps, or url. So, yes.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
I will check it out posthaste! Thanks!
Edit: holy poo poo this is perfect, thank you so much!

GenericGirlName fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Nov 7, 2016

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
Looking for an app to practice various scripts of cursive and other handwriting styles, using the Apple Pencil.

Not for note taking or the like, something more like a digital practice book. Ideas?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

PRADA SLUT posted:

Looking for an app to practice various scripts of cursive and other handwriting styles, using the Apple Pencil.

Not for note taking or the like, something more like a digital practice book. Ideas?

Sketches pro? Has a free trial app as well.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

PRADA SLUT posted:

This never occurred to me but I'd love to learn calligraphy. I see one called Learn Gothic Calligraphy that I might try out.

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx

PRADA SLUT posted:

Notes Plus has legit AMAZING pen/inking feel compared to all other iPad apps. It includes calligraphy practice templates and several different styles of pen to work with. It's great for general notetaking as well.

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009

Looking for recommendations on a free Or one time paid time tracker app that allows export and cloud syncing. Hours was working fine but it's going paid in a month so I'd like to change sooner rather than later

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Toggl? Only downside is that it doesn't have an iPad app last I checked. It does have a web app, though.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Zwille posted:

Toggl? Only downside is that it doesn't have an iPad app last I checked. It does have a web app, though.

It's got an iPhone app. It works, but selecting a project to apply to the timer can be a pain. Not my first choice to use the phone client, but it works.

I prefer the desktop client, personally.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Whenever I screw something up (forget to start, hit stop, wrong task name etc.) it's super easy to edit. That's a big plus which helps with the clumsiness, for me at least.

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009

Zwille posted:

The website says you can only export with a paid plan. Would prefer a free alternative or a one time payment instead

Sri.Theo
Apr 16, 2008

Snowy posted:

This never occurred to me but I'd love to learn calligraphy. I see one called Learn Gothic Calligraphy that I might try out.

I don't think it lets you draw on the screen, it's more of an illustrated guide.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?
Upgraded to an iPhone 7, latest iOS and now Facebook Messenger lock screen previews do not work. I tried toggling the setting from within the app off and back on, but still no luck. Anybody hear about this happening?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

Upgraded to an iPhone 7, latest iOS and now Facebook Messenger lock screen previews do not work. I tried toggling the setting from within the app off and back on, but still no luck. Anybody hear about this happening?

Did you also check Settings>Notifications?

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

flosofl posted:

Did you also check Settings>Notifications?

Yes, thanks. I get the notification that there is a new message, but have to open the app to see it. Even if just a thumbs up, it says I received a sticker.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
How are in-app purchases handled for family sharing? I'm getting conflicting responses from Google as if the way has been changed over time. My son wants to get the Minecraft Story game which is free, but has in-app purchases to unlock the next chapters. I have on my account, $50 in Gift Card credit that I would like to use to purchase the chapters for him. If I purchase them on my account, will be have access to download the chapters?

We have separate App store logins so that way our Apple Music libraries are separate (that took me a long time to figure out how to do that...) so I am not very interested in just having him use my app store login.

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money
To my knowledge, IAPs do not traverse to people in your family.

What you can do is login to their phone using your account, download the app and unlock the IAPs, then log yourself out.

It’s really dumb to have to do this, but c’est la vie!

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

bobfather posted:

To my knowledge, IAPs do not traverse to people in your family.

What you can do is login to their phone using your account, download the app and unlock the IAPs, then log yourself out.

It’s really dumb to have to do this, but c’est la vie!

Can't he just buy the IAP from his son's account because it would just charge the family owner's account aka the $50 credit?

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

What are the best iMessage stickers? Is Pusheen ruling with an iron paw?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Dugong posted:

What are the best iMessage stickers? Is Pusheen ruling with an iron paw?

Pusheen and :parrot:

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Yeah I got the free parrot one. Been getting some good reactions.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
I'm 100% into Nibmoji.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Last Chance posted:

Can't he just buy the IAP from his son's account because it would just charge the family owner's account aka the $50 credit?

I don't think the credit will work. But worth a shot.

Tenterhooks
Jul 27, 2003

Bang Bang
Jon Burgerman's Doodle and Pizza Friend stickers are pretty rockin'.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Dugong posted:

Yeah I got the free parrot one. Been getting some good reactions.

Free parrot one?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Free parrot one?

The parrot was framed and convicted by a corrupt justice system.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
Any Catte Butte Simulator 2k16 stickers yet?

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

PRADA SLUT posted:

Any Catte Butte Simulator 2k16 stickers yet?
Despite only knowing one person who uses iMessage and they don't play Nekoatsume, I would still totally pay for a sticker pack.

Maybe they'll do one to promote the launch of the movie coming in 2017.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
Does Japan use text messages? Isn't Line the thing there?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

TraderStav posted:

I don't think the credit will work. But worth a shot.

Yeah, it looks like it doesn't work that way, sorry. I could have swore it did with the family thing I have set up

quote:

iTunes Store credit isn't shared with other family members. If the family organizer has a credit on their account and another family member buys something, the cost of that item doesn't deduct from the organizer's iTunes Store credit, but bills the payment method that the organizer has on file.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201359

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
whats the best multi city weather app now a days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot
Weather Underground

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/weather-underground/id486154808?mt=8