Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cricket
This poll is closed.
Blackface in crowd 129 55.36%
References to Lord of the Rings 104 44.64%
Total: 233 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Magugu posted:

Can someone explain to me the d/l method. Trying to read about that makes me feel like i'm in statistics class.

At an extremely basic level d/l extrapolates how many runs a side would have scored off their full allocation of overs based on how many deliveries were lost and wickets they had in hand. But you probably already knew that much. You can't really explain it without it feeling like a statistics class.

e: maybe this will help https://bademian.wordpress.com/2014/11/08/the-dl-story-so-far/ but imo you're better off just assuming it's magic.

Airstream Driver fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Mar 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
C'mon Kumar 4 in a row mate.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Yeah all I was talking about was the general idea of resources and how a loss of resources is subtracted from the total, because most people don't seem to understand even how that bit works.

The other part of it is how they pin percentage amounts to each lost resource, but nobody who isn't a mathematician should worry about that.

puchu
Sep 20, 2004

hiya~

Still B.A.E posted:

I don't think any of these are accurate tbh

Agreed - BA flies a Boeing 777 to and from Sydney not an A380. Massive cock up by the meme creator there. He'll never recover from this.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

puchu posted:

Agreed - BA flies a Boeing 777 to and from Sydney not an A380. Massive cock up by the meme creator there. He'll never recover from this.

They needed a larger aircraft to fit in all the data

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

I wonder how far Dilshan and Sanga can carry Sri Lanka.

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

puchu posted:

Should see the memes he is smashing in the nets though mate, he will be fine, due a big one

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

Airstream Driver posted:

I wonder how far Dilshan and Sanga can carry Sri Lanka.

Yeah the guys below them aren't getting much match practice.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Ali and Woakes are both out of the last game due to injury.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
Jayawardene is retiring after the World Cup. Sangakkara possibly is as well. Dilshan wont be round for much longer.

Sri Lanka will soon be rekt.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Yesss. Go Kumar 4 in a row!

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
P demoralising to have two centuries brought up in your over I'd imagine.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

Holy poo poo Sangakkara

puchu
Sep 20, 2004

hiya~

webmeister posted:

They needed a larger aircraft to fit in all the data

EMC posted:

Should see the memes he is smashing in the nets though mate, he will be fine, due a big one

I get both these references

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
400 is on here

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Kumar Sangakkara comes from a higher plane of existence

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Is he a Buddhist? He might be ascending as we speak.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

He is taking the piss.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Scotland have managed to take more Sri Lankan wickets than England.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Lol Scottish hat-trick would own.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Noxin of Shame posted:

Ricky Ponting has a golf handicap of zero, or scratch. It's not funny, nor surprising; It's just a little bit cool.

He tells a story in his book about winning money in a pro-am or something similar and having to give it back because it would have made him a professional and meant he couldn't play on a bunch of courses

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
This target is gettable if one or two of the Scotland batsman go nuts.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

Sri Lanka may not bat out 50 here

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

The rest of the Lankans are a bit shite

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
Reminder than a man that just hit four WC centuries in a row is retiring in one (maybe two) more games.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost

RideTheSpiral posted:

Reminder than a man that just hit four WC centuries in a row is retiring in one (maybe two) more games.

From 1-day matches.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

-Spiffy- posted:

From 1-day matches.

Yeah but cmon son don't retire.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

-Spiffy- posted:

From 1-day matches.

He's retiring from tests at the end of August.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Doctor Cave posted:

He's retiring from tests at the end of August.

He should just stop being wicketkeeper and concentrate on his batting. Then he can retire when he has smashed all of Frauddulkar's records.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

He wanted to retire a few years ago but their management pleaded for him to stay because they'll disintegrate.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Ratios and Tendency posted:

He wanted to retire a few years ago but their management pleaded for him to stay because they'll disintegrate.

Well retiring is just selfish when you are the only thing your scrub country has going for it.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Mathews is a pretty good player

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

When their 3 old boys retire they'll be England levels of bad which will just be sad.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Scylo posted:

Mathews is a pretty good player

He's falling apart. I don't think he's going to last another 5 years.

puchu
Sep 20, 2004

hiya~

Mister Chief posted:

When their 3 old boys retire they'll be England levels of bad which will just be sad.

let's not go overboard here

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Sri Lanka v the 20 over rained out threshold

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Yeah it takes years of complacency and over coaching to reach such lofty heights.

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

:allears: Our Dan :allears:
Can someone explain WASP

(I'm kidding, no one cares)

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Noxin of Shame posted:

Can someone explain WASP

(I'm kidding, no one cares)

I've been ironically saying wasp is awesome to piss my friends off for so long now I actually believe it's good now and I miss it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I've been ironically saying wasp is awesome to piss my friends off for so long now I actually believe it's good now and I miss it.

I loving love WASP, it owns.