Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Yeah but how long does it take to get 1000 dreads into position in the first place?

when your in a cap clusterfuck and things are moving a .00000000001% tidi you have time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Venom Snake posted:

when your in a cap clusterfuck and things are moving a .00000000001% tidi you have time

I don't mean getting them into battle I mean getting them into nullsec in the first place.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Not sure if you are joking but that is in no way feasible.

Or :thejoke: ?

:thejoke: is kinda that those sizes of fights throw any form of anticipated coordination out the window, but if you scale up the numbers of dread-alts in a group like EG to coalition size, I'm pretty sure the future can see some to-scale poo poo like that between different groups, albeit obviously not in those ludicrous numbers.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Venom Snake posted:

Last time this happened, the node crashed and all 800 dreads got picked off by PL/N3

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I don't mean getting them into battle I mean getting them into nullsec in the first place.

Not long?

There's a glut of capital level ships in nullsec as it is anyway. Areas of consistent stability (say for example; Deklein) have had the ability to crank out dreads and carriers pretty much unmolested for years. The recent turbulence doesn't even really have an impact until the horde of existing capitals is mown down.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Xolve posted:

Last time this happened, the node crashed and all 800 dreads got picked off by PL/N3

god every time I remember that battle my mind goes back to that fuckin richter belmont post and I laugh so hard.

does he still play? or post for that matter

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
lol just lol

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Venom Snake posted:

lol just lol

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.

Venom Snake posted:

god every time I remember that battle my mind goes back to that fuckin richter belmont post and I laugh so hard.

does he still play? or post for that matter

richter is still around with the zulu crew, which is open to any and all, both forums and irc. zulu gbs thread is up to 1553 pages, so feel free to help :justpost: it to 2000.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Venom Snake posted:

lol just lol

i have one eve account and thats likely too many

Crimewave
Apr 6, 2016

hugbox

cravius posted:

Shut up idiot

If you have something constructive to add, or information that would create a more informed position, I'd happily welcome it.

In fact, that's why I posted.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Blazing Zero posted:

b-but youre avatar says youll be back :(

My avatar is correct. I am back. (Hi SMcD, I've missed you).

But I have enough ingame spacecash to fund me playing the game for a good while without ever spending an iota of my own hard earned dollars.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

Crimewave posted:

If you have something constructive to add, or information that would create a more informed position, I'd happily welcome it.

Read the 153 pages of this thread to become more informed (and dumber and hate your life). Take some steps to inform yourself. Until then,

cravius posted:

Shut up idiot

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Crimewave posted:

I joined Fweddit halfway through a trial account (loved the game instantly, subbed, and moved directly to null). I played for a few months with them, and then took a break from EVE.

Came back in late January to find Fweddit had moved to lowsec, and didn't feel like going that route. Within two hours I had multiple invites into Bastion corps. I joined one, and was there until the demand was made to abandon sov. Sov is sov is sov, sure. But the way in which Mittani discussed the whole affair irked me to no end.

I'm not super familiarized with the whole cfc/bastion history or anything. It's been over a years since I even really had a conversation about it. So I'm not sure if Bastion owes cfc for space, and have never witnessed nor been told about any situation wherein cfc came to Bastions defense. I was operating from the 'this guy is an egomaniac and demanding my alliance (and lawn, who I like and respected) abandon our space to defend his turf'. From my perspective, we had never received help, and I was not going to lift a finger for this pompous personality.

So I left. Found the only neutral alliance I could find, and ran with it. Upon leaving, I started objectively understanding what people meant when they'd complained about or mentioned the 'blue-donut' dilemma. It has become clear to me that this war is actually a much needed injection of content, and appears to be for the best.

Never feel bound to space or groups you find toxic. EVE is a video game and is meant to be enjoyed. You're going to get a load of flak here for trying out different stuff. This thread has always had the same posters freaking out any time someone goes elsewhere because their group has always thrived on appearing to be the only possibility in EVE for SA members.

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The war against SmashKill was a thing of beauty. It was our first major war with subsidized ships IIRC. (only like 15% of the isk value but if you had insurance you came out even) So we had ridiculously organized fleets with standardized doctrines facing off against fleets composed of a mishmash of random ships with retarded fittings like Gallente ships with missiles, shield extenders and warp core stabilizers.

The level of incompetence was staggering; Smash shooting their own guys for ratting during an invasion, Smash trying to root out spies by shooting dudes with a history of low participation when they showed up to fleets, Roadkill finally getting sick of Smash and stealing Peoke's titan. So many good times.

edit: poo poo, I completely forgot that FIX had been living with Smash after the Northern Coalition murdered them and that we went and murdered them all over again. What a great war.

Loden Taylor fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Apr 10, 2016

Crimewave
Apr 6, 2016

hugbox

Dr. Pangloss posted:

Read the 153 pages of this thread to become more informed (and dumber and hate your life). Take some steps to inform yourself.

I've read through the majority of them. Changes nothing.

You've also succeeded in not adding anything constructive of your own.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014

Crimewave posted:

I'm often a success, this latest doesn't surprise me.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Crimewave posted:

Thank you for registering an account on something awful dot com. What is your specific question, guy who couldn't even cut it in bastion?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Maneck posted:

Discrediting a new player's perspective with sarcasm about his lack of experience? Poor form.

I'm not going to suck him off for putting forth a retarded opinion just because he might be new

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

the hits keep coming

IM GONNA JUMP MY SUPER TO SARANEN, SURELY IT WILL BE SAFE THERE WHERE THERE ARE A HUNDRED LOGGED OFF PL SUPERS AND HICTORS ON EVERY CELESTIAL

Crimewave
Apr 6, 2016

hugbox

cravius posted:

Thank you for registering an account on something awful dot com. What is your specific question, guy who couldn't even cut it in bastion?

Yeah, because I so clearly left of <not my> own accord...

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

I'm not going to suck him off for putting forth a retarded opinion just because he might be new

What about it exactly makes it retarded? That's my 'question'.
Instead of name calling how about breathing life from your experienced stance into the vacant husk of my own?

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

the hits keep coming

IM GONNA JUMP MY SUPER TO SARANEN, SURELY IT WILL BE SAFE THERE WHERE THERE ARE A HUNDRED LOGGED OFF PL SUPERS AND HICTORS ON EVERY CELESTIAL

Well, at least it wasn't fcon this time?

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

Crimewave posted:

Instead of name calling how about breathing life from your experienced stance into the vacant husk of my own?

Did you notice the thread's running theme of "none of us can defend this much territory under Fozziesov" and "Vale is among the weakest and most easily attacked regions" and "allies, please come live with us and rat/mine/base out of our space or else we're all going to get evicted one by one?"

I mean if you weren't happy in The Bastion that's cool, go where you have fun, but if you're going to say you read the thread and then still claim ignorance you're either bad at trolling or just plain dense.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Crimewave posted:

I'm going against the goon grain here but good on you for leaving if you didn't like the mood in BASTN.

Ultimately EVE is about finding chill dudes you can hang out with on comms and have a good time with, during the good and the bad, because haha holy poo poo is there a lot of bad in EVE.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

You eqate "not going to suck him off" with jumping on him for what should be expected. Which is actually a decent guide to understanding your posting.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Crimewave posted:

I think maybe you should lurk more before spewing forth your treatise on Mittani's treatment of the bastion or whatever the gently caress you were on about.

Crimewave
Apr 6, 2016

hugbox

Loden Taylor posted:

"allies, please come live with us and rat/mine/base out of our space or else we're all going to get evicted one by one?"

Thread might represent that, but the Mittani himself didn't present it (publicly) as such. And the ratting/mining thing was off-putting in actuality. We were told that it was our payment for abandoning sov.

Loden Taylor posted:

if you're going to say you read the thread and then still claim ignorance you're either bad at trolling or just plain dense.

It's a distinct possibility that I misinterpreted some of it, or, at the time, miscalculated where certain things fit in the grand equation.
It can be difficult to conceptually piece it together considering my lack of experience regarding the politics of the coalition.

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

I'm going against the goon grain here but good on you for leaving if you didn't like the mood in BASTN.

It wasn't the mood in Bastion. It was, from my perspective scope, the way Mittani handled the whole thing.

What makes me want to understand it more is some of the responses I received when I had posted even earlier in the thread asking about the relationship of goons to Mittani. I honestly appreciated some of the responses. It helped paint a more diverse portrait of how things run over in the GSF. It's easy to imagine the sum of all parts being a reflection of the figurehead, when the figurehead is the only one you're being exposed to.

cravius posted:

I think maybe you should lurk more before spewing forth your treatise on Mittani's treatment of the bastion or whatever the gently caress you were on about.

Again, my posting here has been humble, and is in no way being pitched as some academic work of fact.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

the hits keep coming

It might be 'safe' if they jumped in the last ~30 seconds before the servers kick everyone for downtime... until the next time they log in.

Crimewave posted:

The part where you claim to have read the thread, yet act like it's not expected to catch vitriol for for saying anything at all.

The MMO HMO is like a hobo knife-fighting circus operated inside a garbage incinerator; just hate and bile and loneliness and shame, plus rusty shivs. This concludes the tour.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

the hits keep coming

You'd think by now it'd be common sense to not log in your supers at the moment.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Crimewave posted:

:yikes:

Crimewave
Apr 6, 2016

hugbox

silentsnack posted:

The MMO HMO is like a hobo knife-fighting circus operated inside a garbage incinerator; just hate and bile and loneliness and shame, plus rusty shivs. This concludes the tour.

This is beautiful.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014

silentsnack posted:

:golfclap:

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

silentsnack posted:

What do you have against garbage incinerator operators?

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Maneck posted:

What do you have against garbage incinerator operators?

Please, don't act like they're not operated automatically.

kiresays
Aug 14, 2012

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

the hits keep coming

This guy's situation wasn't ALL his fault. The caps getting DD'd in Saranen and across Deklein all day are the true retards.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

kiresays posted:

This guy's situation wasn't ALL his fault. The caps getting DD'd in Saranen and across Deklein all day are the true retards.

it was like 99.5% his fault tbh.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

kiresays posted:

Nothing to be ashamed about b-rahahahaha

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Crimewave posted:

The reason people are treating you like you are spewing highly uninformed nonsense is because uh... well that's exactly what you are doing.

In the most literal of senses The Bastion owes it's entire existence to the hurfblurfy Mittani as it was created out of wholecloth by a mix of directors and CFC diplos trying to find a home for a ton of CFC corps left out in the cold when certain alliances collapsed due to lovely internal leadership. They were then gifted space that they as a amalgamated organization hadn't really earned yet in order to help grow/get healthy again.

Saying we ceded your space so we could save our own home is dumb because we've largely ceded deklein as well and we've already lost most of the important non sov assets in the region, and the odds are very high that we're going to lose it before it's all over. If we didn't lose deklein literally every CFC alliance would be free to couch crash in deklein until we could retake some space for them (That offer was already made before we thought we were losing deklein). The entire coalition is effectively homeless right now. The Bastion isn't special in that regard.

So basically, shut up you entitled idiot, filtering out fairweather types like you is probably the best part about this war.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Rhymenoserous posted:

The reason people are treating you like you are spewing highly uninformed nonsense is because uh... well that's exactly what you are doing.

In the most literal of senses The Bastion owes it's entire existence to the hurfblurfy Mittani as it was created out of wholecloth by a mix of directors and CFC diplos trying to find a home for a ton of CFC corps left out in the cold when certain alliances collapsed due to lovely internal leadership. They were then gifted space that they as a amalgamated organization hadn't really earned yet in order to help grow/get healthy again.

Saying we ceded your space so we could save our own home is dumb because we've largely ceded deklein as well and we've already lost most of the important non sov assets in the region, and the odds are very high that we're going to lose it before it's all over. If we didn't lose deklein literally every CFC alliance would be free to couch crash in deklein until we could retake some space for them (That offer was already made before we thought we were losing deklein). The entire coalition is effectively homeless right now. The Bastion isn't special in that regard.

So basically, shut up you entitled idiot, filtering out fairweather types like you is probably the best part about this war.

same except with less patience and more vitriol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

Clearly in the midst of a major war, evac, and everything associated with all that the important thing is that we banned an MRA from forums because reasons.

I definitely log in to EVE to hear people's bad opinions about politics.

• Locked thread