Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

They made it a big point to clarify that whoever won the rumbles could pick either champion so it would only make sense for one of them to cross brands and we already know Nakamura isn't going to.

Also, this is WWE and Charlotte is basically Lady Roman so there's no doubt in my mind that match would be happening so Charlotte could be the one to end the massive win streak at Wrestlemania.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

sportsgenius86 posted:

They made it a big point to clarify that whoever won the rumbles could pick either champion so it would only make sense for one of them to cross brands and we already know Nakamura isn't going to.

Also, this is WWE and Charlotte is basically Lady Roman so there's no doubt in my mind that match would be happening so Charlotte could be the one to end the massive win streak at Wrestlemania.

I don't think Charlotte will end the streak (assuming the match actually happens). That honor is probably reserved for Ronda a year or so from now. They aren't going to have the first women's royal rumble winner lose at Wrestlemania, nor does Charlotte actually need the accolade.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Jan 29, 2018

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
They could always be building to unify the titles. The split disproportionately hits the women given their smaller pool.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

just a endless abyss of hideous new championships, infinitely unifying then being torn asunder into new, even more hideous titles

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

remember when they put over alexa for being the first person to hold both the raw and smackdown women's championships, which are of course a combined 12 days old. what a prestigious achievement

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Here's the thing that always stuck in my head about Charlotte/Rousey, it'd be pretty uncharacteristic of WWE to put their big name mainstream signing on the B-show.

Also I'm gonna go ahead and agree they need to unify these titles or something because while last night was fun it badly exposed how undercooked the women's division is. If the Rumble is gonna be a yearly thing they need to start investing in their women's divisions in a meaningful way. Stop giving them two segments a week, stop the infinite multimans and start actually building a real division with real depth in it cause you can't have nine nostalgia entries (or whatever it was) again next year.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
they should hire the 2000s women who can still go, almost all of them looked really good though admittedly it's a battle royale

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Super No Vacancy posted:

remember when they put over alexa for being the first person to hold both the raw and smackdown women's championships, which are of course a combined 12 days old. what a prestigious achievement

And then Charlotte tried to one-up this by being the first SmackDown, Raw and Divas champion even though the latter two are basically the same thing.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

VJeff posted:

Here's the thing that always stuck in my head about Charlotte/Rousey, it'd be pretty uncharacteristic of WWE to put their big name mainstream signing on the B-show.

Also I'm gonna go ahead and agree they need to unify these titles or something because while last night was fun it badly exposed how undercooked the women's division is. If the Rumble is gonna be a yearly thing they need to start investing in their women's divisions in a meaningful way. Stop giving them two segments a week, stop the infinite multimans and start actually building a real division with real depth in it cause you can't have nine nostalgia entries (or whatever it was) again next year.

And how does merging and reducing their time accomplish that?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aphrodite posted:

And how does merging and reducing their time accomplish that?

What they're doing right now ain't working, maybe sticking all of them on one show will force WWE to actually focus on them, I dunno!

When they cancel the poo poo out of 205 Live, replace it with Woman Live or something.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

VJeff posted:

Charlotte/Rousey is likely because of the media buzz it could create. "Rowdy" Ronda Rousey vs Charlotte Flair. You wouldn't get that mainstream buzz with Ronda/MYSTERY PARTNER vs Stephanie/Triple H.

As for moving Asuka to Smackdown to face Charlotte, it doesn't make much sense. Asuka would be an unstoppable juggernaut, and the only person with any credibility in the Smackdown Women's Division right now is Charlotte. Becky has been booked like a massive geek for the longest time, and no one else is even remotely close to being credible due to everyone falling to Road Dogg's "Wins and losses don't matter" booking habits.

I think its possible we end up not getting Asuka vs Alexa at Wrestlemania, as its possible the title could change hands at Elimination Chamber to someone like Sasha (who can easily turn heel in the meantime/runup to Wrestlemania). They can have Alexa feud with Nia or something at Mania, and it doesn't need the title to be interesting.

Its also pretty well known at this point that Charlotte wants Ronda at Wrestlemania. She's said as much, and is campaigning for it on social media. I'm pretty certain Dave pulled the Ronda/Mystery Partner vs Stephanie/Triple H thing out of his rear end because of their confrontation a few years ago. That's like eight billion years in WWE time. Rovert pretty much said the only way the tag match will happen is if The Rock is permitted to wrestle, and that's not likely.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Jan 29, 2018

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Aphrodite posted:

I mean, rovert flipped at 9pm yesterday. Nobody thought she was going to be there, they did a secret charter flight to make it happen.

There was her videographer on twitter asking people in Philly for weed at like 10 AM

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

DarkstarIV posted:

Charlotte/Rousey is likely because of the media buzz it could create. "Rowdy" Ronda Rousey vs Charlotte Flair. You wouldn't get that mainstream buzz with Ronda/MYSTERY PARTNER vs Stephanie/Triple H.

WWE thinks the McMahons are the top draws.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
I don’t think they have it set yet, based on how last night’s show went

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

rovert posted:

The Sanity thing wasn't really relevant/proven yet so I didn't include it.

People on here say I don't have scoops all the time to be fair.

I think you have scoops, but I also think you say tons of poo poo all the time and then only bring it up again if it turns out true or at least close to true, but you harp on other 'scoops' people whenever they get one thing wrong. If you held yourself to your own standards of "this person is now irrelevant" you'd never post again.

I'm pretty sure that's how everyone that gets annoyed with you feels.

Seems pretty obvious in this case that everyone can be right. Rock + Rousey is probably the dream, but when Rock inevitably tells Vince to suck it, they can fall back to Rousey/Charlotte or something

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

mkay0 posted:

I don’t think they have it set yet, based on how last night’s show went

Yeah that much is sure.

They didn't have Asuka pick because they haven't made their decision yet. Which is why Ronda interrupting is good, actually.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I think you have scoops, but I also think you say tons of poo poo all the time and then only bring it up again if it turns out true or at least close to true, but you harp on other 'scoops' people whenever they get one thing wrong. If you held yourself to your own standards of "this person is now irrelevant" you'd never post again.

Nah my accuracy rate is really high in fairness and higher than most others. And consistently so for a number of years. Meltzer's accuracy rate has dipped really bad. Had a terrible Rumble.

Anyway, there's zero chatter about call ups tonight.

rovert fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Jan 30, 2018

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

rovert posted:

A drunk Executive played that down last night. "As if we would do that" type of thing.

rovert posted:

Tamina was removed from the Royal Rumble graphic.

She's 40 and she has missed time for knee problems.

rovert posted:

Personally, don't believe Rousey is there.

I've heard a rumour that all three members of The Undisputed Era might be involved on the PPV in someway even in the Rumble

Seen above: High Accuracy.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Be honest with me though, if Ronda didn't show, would you have quoted the "In my opinion Ronda won't be there" post and "Yay"ed that one instead?

Because if it was me I totally would have.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

VJeff posted:

Seen above: High Accuracy.

The first was a story floating around nothing more, the second was a graphic shown during the WWE preshow nothing to do with me and the third was actually the case at the time & Cole did enter. O'Reilly and Fish were set to be in entrance way with Cole at one stage.

The image shown during the preshow with Tamina removed

rovert fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Jan 30, 2018

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

Be honest with me though, if Ronda didn't show, would you have quoted the "In my opinion Ronda won't be there" post and "Yay"ed that one instead?

Because if it was me I totally would have.

Nah, I admit to being wrong.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

rovert posted:

The first was a story floating around nothing more, the second was a graphic shown during the WWE preshow nothing to do with me and the third was actually the case at the time & Cole did enter O'Reilly and Fish were set to be in entrance way with Cole.

And that wouldn't have stopped you from bragging about the first two if Rousey hadn't shown up or Tamina had missed the Rumble. Pyro was basically 100% right, your gimmick is post a bunch of stuff, brag about the ones you got right, downplay/ignore the ones you don't.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

VJeff posted:

And that wouldn't have stopped you from bragging about the first two if Rousey hadn't shown up or Tamina had missed the Rumble. Pyro was basically 100% right, your gimmick is post a bunch of stuff, brag about the ones you got right, downplay/ignore the ones you don't.

Again Tamina thing wasn't my scoop just something I noticed watching TV. If things were less hectic I would have posted it in the WWE thread.

The Rousey thing was so crazy and secretive I wouldn't really in all honesty. But from the start, I always thought the optics of her being in the Rumble was silly and not advertising her even sillier.

I haven't downplayed or ignored anything I don't understand that narrative after all these years. The rare times I am wrong I hold my hands up completely. I have no gimmick.

rovert fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Jan 30, 2018

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I think they confused Tamina with Alicia

https://twitter.com/Cooticus_23/status/957769956849958912

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

VJeff posted:

Dude please move off it. Let's discuss the spoilers instead.

How come now WM card has been posted yet?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Strawberry Panda posted:

How come now WM card has been posted yet?

Going by Roman/Miz and Kane/Braun tonight I do think Meltzer is correct on Miz/Braun for the IC title is the WM match.

Angle and Triple H are the missing puzzle pieces from the common WM assumed line ups.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Well if we're just throwing poo poo on the wall and seeing what sticks let me be the first to report Braun is winning the Elimination Chamber and facing Brock at Mania.

Please don't quote this when it is wildly wrong, quoting this is for me to do if it comes true. Also thanks for not telling me where to place that losing prop bet.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Sub Rosa posted:

Well if we're just throwing poo poo on the wall and seeing what sticks let me be the first to report Braun is winning the Elimination Chamber and facing Brock at Mania.

Please don't quote this when it is wildly wrong, quoting this is for me to do if it comes true. Also thanks for not telling me where to place that losing prop bet.

So you think Reigns is getting suspended on drug possession?

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Nah just predicting that match I'd rather see

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

VJeff posted:

With TV negotiations happening, it'd make sense to make SD appear more valuable to increase the price

Not like big moves to SD haven't happened before for that reason. See HHH finally moving to SD during the MyNetworkTV days

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

quote:

WWE Main Event results from Philadelphia, PA:

*Bayley pinned Sonya Deville (with Paige and Mandy Rose).

*Kalisto & Lince Dorado & Gran Metallik defeated Ariya Daivari & Jack Gallagher & TJP.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She can't even main event Main Event.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Chris James 2 posted:

With TV negotiations happening, it'd make sense to make SD appear more valuable to increase the price

Not like big moves to SD haven't happened before for that reason. See HHH finally moving to SD during the MyNetworkTV days

I agree but I doubt that'll stop them from harvesting SmackDown again in the next Shakeup.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Commercials have IC champ Reigns defending against Miz in house shows end of march? Jfc

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

cheese sandwich posted:

Commercials have IC champ Reigns defending against Miz in house shows end of march? Jfc

Those commercials were probably made before he lost. They don’t update them very quickly.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

cheese sandwich posted:

Card subject to change.

Those were probably made before last week's title change.

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

Oops wrong thread

PASS THE MASH fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Jan 30, 2018

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Sasha's neck is sending feelers out to IMPACT and New Japan.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

rovert posted:

Sasha's neck is sending feelers out to IMPACT and New Japan.

Pretty sure Sasha's neck isn't sending feelers to anything right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

so what are the chances that Alexa will lose at Elimination Chamber