Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

I was thinking the exact same thing

FBI don't read this.....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
It's funny, I was thinking, "This is like that Invader Zim episode as a feature length dramatic thriller, CP would swipe right on this."

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Get Out looks amazing. I want a spiritual sequel that's like a paranoid Carpenter-esque (The Thing/They Live) horror movie about being queer amongst a lot of conservative christians

Also Halsey announced her new album is gonna be out in June and I'm hype as gently caress.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

K. Waste posted:

It's funny, I was thinking, "This is like that Invader Zim episode as a feature length dramatic thriller, CP would swipe right on this."

Like I said, it wasn't what I wanted. I wanted Rick and Morty with serial killing. I just wanted to see a fun murderous Chris Lloyd before goes.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Baron von Eevl posted:

Quick update: this baby hella strong.

I bet I could take him

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Babies make up for their lack of social and cognitive skills with their amazing primate strength.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Coffee And Pie posted:

Get Out looks amazing. I want a spiritual sequel that's like a paranoid Carpenter-esque (The Thing/They Live) horror movie about being queer amongst a lot of conservative christians

Also Halsey announced her new album is gonna be out in June and I'm hype as gently caress.

Get Out does indeed own but it's probably not the movie you think it's gonna be, at least thematically

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

K. Waste posted:

"I hate this because it's nothing like the imaginary script I'd been planning to pretend to write."

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

FishBulb posted:

Which part

The fact that they advertised it with replicas of the evil tape. That's really cool.

Lobok posted:

So there's Groundhog Day for Groundhog Day and Die Hard for Christmas. What movies take place during the Superbowl?

All I can think of is Ace Ventura.

Black Sunday.

Egbert Souse posted:

Mike Huckabee manages to be mysoginistic, homophobic, transphobic, and a conveyer of bad movie ideas in one tweet:

https://twitter.com/govmikehuckabee/status/828038149775450112

"He got sad about the holocaust, what a loving pussy LOL!"

I'd actually managed to forget about my burning hatred for Mike Huckabee. For a while I used to go and troll the poo poo out of his facebook page when I was bored. I usually said poo poo about his love for rapists and how his son is a dog murderer (if you don't already know I advise against looking this up).

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Dissapointed Owl posted:

they're pretty bad imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGehAbaWURo

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Yo Dickeye I forgot to ask you, did you hear the story about when Tyron Woodley showed The Birth of a Nation to Sage Northcutt, because that poo poo's like tailor-made to confirm your suspicions about Super Sage

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:

CelticPredator posted:

Like I said, it wasn't what I wanted. I wanted Rick and Morty with serial killing. I just wanted to see a fun murderous Chris Lloyd before goes.

No offense, but that's really weird, dude. I mean, Back to the Future isn't even remotely the same as Rick & Morty, so I'm not even sure what the connection is between Christopher Lloyd and that.

Loosen up a bit, it's a horror flick.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Magic Hate Ball posted:

The only time this job ever really hits me emotionally is when there's a kid who's dying and I can tell the guardians aren't taking it well. Everything else I can handle, but seeing that dissonance between "this is happening" and "this can't be happening" is so rough. Sometimes they get better, though.
Yeah man, I worked at a Quiznos too.

Really though, what's the job?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

What's the twist? That he is, indeed, a serial killer?

the serial killer is his neighbor who is also a demon. the rest of the books are about him fighting other demons who are serial killers

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

ruddiger posted:

"I hate this because it's nothing like the imaginary script I'd been planning to pretend to write."

You know, I should write a script about old retired Chris Lloyd who really gets a hankering for murder due to his old age. He some how ropes a kid into the mix. Maybe the kid from Room because he's hot right now and everyone wants him.

Eventually there will be an intergalactic space battle with the Space Jockies. And also Terminators covered in meat products.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Jenny Angel posted:

Yo Dickeye I forgot to ask you, did you hear the story about when Tyron Woodley showed The Birth of a Nation to Sage Northcutt, because that poo poo's like tailor-made to confirm your suspicions about Super Sage

i have not please tell me

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

K. Waste posted:

No offense, but that's really weird, dude. I mean, Back to the Future isn't even remotely the same as Rick & Morty, so I'm not even sure what the connection is between Christopher Lloyd and that.

Rick and Mortly is literally based off of a Back to the Future parody short.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
The Katt Williams bit about Huckabee being the name of some mid-grade weed was dead on.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

K. Waste posted:

I wasn't being overly serious. But I did want a more unhinged Lloyd killer movie. Maybe it got that way but I kinda checked out at the twist. There was a few cool images towards the end in the morgue though.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

i have not please tell me

He was hanging out with Tyron's family over MLK Day weekend, and Tyron put The Birth of a Nation on. After the movie was over, Sage got extremely mad and asked Tyron, in these exact words, "Why did we do that, Mr. Woodley?"

To be clear, he meant "Why did white people do slavery?" and not "Why did we just watch that movie?"

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

"Free on the App Stoah!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDbtzVR243I

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Snak posted:

They're still not actually very similar

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Snak posted:

No, it's based on a ball licking joke.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
Calling it a joke is a bit kind actually, it's literally just ball licking.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

I lent my DVD of The Birth of a Nation to my African roommate in college, which was awkward.

Thankfully, he knew I was a film student and my copy was not the one that had this cover:

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Yeah there's... nothing good about it.

Edit: in reference to the ball licking.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Jenny Angel posted:

He was hanging out with Tyron's family over MLK Day weekend, and Tyron put The Birth of a Nation on. After the movie was over, Sage got extremely mad and asked Tyron, in these exact words, "Why did we do that, Mr. Woodley?"

To be clear, he meant "Why did white people do slavery?" and not "Why did we just watch that movie?"

holy poo poo sage northcutt is the most flawless human being every created and i love him and want to keep him in my pocket

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:

Snak posted:

Right, it's a parody. Implicitly, it is adopting superficial content, but undermining its 'original intent.' Rick's characterization is a parody and repudiation of Doc Brown, not a faithful simulation of it.

CelticPredator posted:

I wasn't being overly serious. But I did want a more unhinged Lloyd killer movie. Maybe it got that way but I kinda checked out at the twist. There was a few cool images towards the end in the morgue though.

I didn't mean "loosen up" as in, "don't be so serious." I mean "loosen up" as in don't construct your expectations about a film based on a T.V. show that one of the performers doesn't even act in.

The twist that Lloyd is a monster coincides with the twist that he's a serial killer. You checked out there, but from the drop the movie is from the perspective of a teenager with anti-social personality disorder, and is not even 'really' about Lloyd. I'm guessing someone must have given you a seriously false impression about what it was about, or how significant Lloyd's role was, because what I'm getting is that you expected something "fun" and "unhinged," but are missing that the movie is already "fun" and "unhinged." It even features a great performance from Lloyd!

Like I said, loosen up, don't trust your instincts, give it another go. You like Lloyd enough, you can have fun and watch him play a tragic version of the alien cockroach from Men In Black. I'm not trying to gang up on you (settle down, ruddiger), I just really liked the movie.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I wasn't all that serious about the Rick and Morty thing is what I meant. But I did want the other thing.

I still need to also rewatch Under The Skin one of these days, which I didn't like at all. Expectations can be quite a bitch.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
Sounds annoying, brah, hope you re-watch Under the Skin, too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZG0fToyjDf0

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

holy poo poo sage northcutt is the most flawless human being every created and i love him and want to keep him in my pocket

Sage is the sweetest little muscle boy and I love him

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Lady Gaga gets a .82 Prince rating for her performance today. (Prince rating, of course, symbolizes how close to perfection, i.e. Prince's Super Bowl Halftime Show, one reaches)

CPL593H posted:

"He got sad about the holocaust, what a loving pussy LOL!"

I'd actually managed to forget about my burning hatred for Mike Huckabee. For a while I used to go and troll the poo poo out of his facebook page when I was bored. I usually said poo poo about his love for rapists and how his son is a dog murderer (if you don't already know I advise against looking this up).

Bonus Shithead Points for Muckabee: Schumer literally had family who died in the Holocaust.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Snak posted:

Looks like someone's never had his balls licked.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Sounds gay

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Snak posted:

The crude ball licking YouTube cartoon is at very least better than Back to the Future 3.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

FreudianSlippers posted:

The crude ball licking YouTube cartoon is at very least better than Back to the Future 3.

Like I said, there is nothing good about it.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

DC Murderverse posted:

Lady Gaga gets a .82 Prince rating for her performance today. (Prince rating, of course, symbolizes how close to perfection, i.e. Prince's Super Bowl Halftime Show, one reaches)

Her just leaping off stuff with reckless abandon was delightful. Even my hella homophobic parents were into it

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

FreudianSlippers posted:

And 3 is better than 2.
Actually all of Back to the Future is pretty garage.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
It's a great movie that didn't need sequels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
I remember once seeing a really good, I think it must have been eastern European crude retro-parody of Back to the Future that was, in fact, way better than any Rick & Morty episode, but which I sabotaged myself in not remembering.

wyoming posted:

Actually all of Back to the Future is pretty garage.

You can't really call the first garbage because it is generally very twisted and goes for broke with the whole incestuous fulfillment of baby-boomer nostalgia (and is well shot/designed/written to boot), but, yeah, the second two are completely disposable.

Like, a really funny parody of Back to the Future would focus exclusively on how Doc Brown falsely identifies the terrorists as Libyans.

• Locked thread